[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

I think that KJW is on the leaner side. He is well toned and all that, but maybe, his body type (actually I prefer leaner, well toned men vs men with big muscles, e.g. Eun Gi) is not the ideal type to show on screen in K dramas?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

Yeah...but KJW never admit that he ambidextrous but he definitely can use both hands almost equally.. he can play guitar with both right and left side... writing with right hand, drawing with left hand.. using chopsticks with left hands..wearing watch at right wrist...wearing watch at right wrist normally shows that the person is left handed... I'm so confused wether he is ambidextrous or left handed...because when the scene he play judo with EG, it's so obvious he is left handed because EG mentioned "Ah, you're left handed", but I'm pretty sure that he can use both hands almost equally...which means ambidextrous...so sexyyyy rightt??

cc. @sillygal

If KJW is ambidextrous, he's so perfect in his own way and a big yes sexy!! Not everyone has this ability to use both hands. But the way he uses his left is way much sexier. And also the scene when he tried to paint again, he uses his left hand again. 

I need put on my detective eyes for KJW right now. :wub:

• Like 6

RYAN IS GOLD!:lol::lol: i'm speechless. KJW and PMY chemistry ALWAYS make my heart flutter. :lol: for me, so far in half year 2019 they're the best couple indeed. their acting its so damn good. so much thank you to whoever cast them as pairing. :D they really make this drama so much worth to wait every week. :P can't believe next week already ended.:tears: I hope the ending will be a good one. :rolleyes:

• Like 12

I always find someone left handed more attractive. So, left handed (even better when he is good with both hands) + looks like Kim Jae Wook = :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Him painting on left hand is a plus plus plus plus point for me. Even watching him eating with chopstick or spoon on left hand makes me :love::love::love:

5 minutes ago, niharika111 said:

I think that KJW is on the leaner side. He is well toned and all that, but maybe, his body type (actually I prefer leaner, well toned men vs men with big muscles, e.g. Eun Gi) is not the ideal type to show on screen in K dramas?

I don’t know about the “ideal type” of someone’s body in K-drama, but I think he looks more “meatier(?)” here rather than when he played as Mo Tae Goo (I only watched him as MTG so can’t compare to other role). As MTG, I think he has sharper face than as RG. Here in HPL, I think he looks a bit bigger than MTG although not like Eun Gi size :grimace: KJW body type just makes him looks good in every outfit he’s wearing. I remember when I saw him in that black shirt and black pants at Si An house after he gave Deok Mi his jacket, he looks super good and I was drooling about that. :love::joy: 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Ramenqueen19 said:

Yes, slightly. I get RG needs to figure out his stuff but I was hoping for more fan hurling and for the focus to be on DM instead of him, the second half is more dramatic and less comedic so it doesn’t match as well with the first half. That being said, I still love our OTP and enjoy watching!

Typically korean rom-com drama. It always be more comedic on first half and turn to be more dramatic/romantic on second half.. 

At least, up to now, we are not disappointed with the story. Hopefully, more lovey-dovey scene on the last two episode :wub: The bed scene can be shown on next episode, remember their first kiss scene :D

This week story focus on RG childhood trauma healing. And still going to revealed lost memory of their childhood on the next episode. Also Cindy's problem with her mom. I think marriage is not possible. Not enough episode to build the emotion. It will be better if writer-nim wrap up the drama with exhibition or RG being a painter again. If my memory is right, we never know RG's painting. I just want to know his painting, how can he take 'a genius painter' title. Having PMY's potrait on exhibition can be a great idea :)

@MaybeLatte0402 Their emotioon toough. So lovely, the moment when DM shed a tear. Need subs to understand their emotion better. But, they're SO LOVELY :wub:

• Like 14
  • Love 3

Re bed scene... Ok so would have loved something a bit steamier but it wouldn't have suited the build up which was more about love than passion... I'd have preferred a bit more... umm. skin-skinship for the aftermath but it really depends on what the actors/actresses feel comfortable with... I don't think that in ANY of her previous dramas that her bed scenes have had much skin showing (certainly not Healer or WWWSK).  So there is a good chance that PMY said that she wasn't comfortable with lots of skin showing. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, tinymel said:

Re bed scene... Ok so would have loved something a bit steamier but it wouldn't have suited the build up which was more about love than passion... I'd have preferred a bit more... umm. skin-skinship for the aftermath but it really depends on what the actors/actresses feel comfortable with... I don't think that in ANY of her previous dramas that her bed scenes have had much skin showing (certainly not Healer or WWWSK).  So there is a good chance that PMY said that she wasn't comfortable with lots of skin showing. 

I feel it’s not about showing skin per se, but to show more intimacy. In WWWSK, the consummation scene was much more elaborate. I’m not saying that it has to be equally elaborate, but when actors like PMY and KJW are involved, the audience expects more than this, especially when it’s on TVN. It’s possible that PMY/KJW were not comfortable with such intimate gestures, but the kissing scene in episode 9-10 made me believe otherwise.

• Like 11

I have watched several documentaries about korean adoptee, such as Aka Dan, Aka Seoul and Twinster, also read some articles. Real life story can be more tragic than drama plot. Compared to other adoptee, in my opinion, Ryan can be considered lucky. He was adopted by loving parent and his adopted mother is korean so he was not completely detach from his root (can speak korean and read hangul). Most adoptee struggle with language barrier. Growing up in NY where asian community is exist also an advantage, RG has few korean diaspora as friends. But having this advantages do not eliminate psychological issues as an adoptee. In my mind, what RG going through growing up was similar to this story 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nicolechung/being-korean-and-adopted-by-white-parents-nicole-chung.

Watching those real stories make me appreciate KJW potrayals of RG. I think as a method actor he is done his homework: delivering sadness, longing, fear, anger, faced by an adoptee. Also hats of to PMY, Dok Mi is a caring woman with a compasionate empathy and passionate woman, she is not afraid to take the lead (and her imagination is wild, while Kim mi so of WWWSK is more innocent and dense).

Childhood story arc don't bother me. It's K drama afterall. In HPL the childhood connection just a chance encounter, they met briefly at age 7. Less makjang compared to previous PMY drama, Healer and WWWSK, where the childhood story arc involving murder and kidnap. My take is, DM parents was forced to leave RG at the orphanage because at that time something happen to DM younger brother (sick?accident?).

There is a few story arcs that can be tackled in the last two episodes:

1. Can i hope for a rewind? Let's rewind studio kiss and add the missing scene between studio/galery and the bed. Maybe adding sexy cute scene after wake up? 

2. How RG end up in orphanage (childhood story arc).

3. Sian find out that noona curator is sinagil nim. I think it will happen at the launch of his new solo album.

4. The celebrity exhibition and it's success.

5. EG's dad (I have suspicion that EG may be Dir Eom's husband love child, which makes him Cindy's half brother. Maybe it is to makjang, i dunno).

6. The resolution of RG painting block. I kinda hope DM will paint potrait of RG.

7. For the happy ending I really wan't DM has a chance to pursue her passion in art, may be as a photographer? I also kinda want them to comeback and adopt the sweet little girl from the orphanage.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

30 minutes ago, niharika111 said:

I feel it’s not about showing skin per se, but to show more intimacy. In WWWSK, the consummation scene was much more elaborate. I’m not saying that it has to be equally elaborate, but when actors like PMY and KJW are involved, the audience expects more than this, especially when it’s on TVN. It’s possible that PMY/KJW were not comfortable with such intimate gestures, but the kissing scene in episode 9-10 made me believe otherwise.

Oh agree. It felt very PG compared to some of the kisses (including imaginary) we’ve had 

But i was just referring to the morning after! When they are wearing shirts. Not an issue of whether they are comfortable with passionate kisses etc but whether she is comfortable showing/implying nudity. 

Nevertheless I think it was a directorial decision for the scene to be muted. 

• Like 7

Its in the middle of the night here and I just came.

Darn. All I see are the painting scenes. And kiss. And spoon.

But what is this with the mum holding onto to something... which minute is it? I have a full on day coming up and can't even get to the episode. She is  a photo with Yoon Jae on it. So the 3 mums knew each other? Huh? What did I miss?

All I have time now is the ending. Then no time at all today. Darn real life. After I have been waiting all week for the episodes.

American shows have naked shoulders post bed scenes. Korean dramas have naked shoulders post bed scenes. Why does DM have a shirt on for goodness sakes?

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, SGahjumma said:

RG is a rational person and will understand and forgave the predicament that DM parents needs to leave him at the orphanage after all, he had experienced the warmth from DM parents. 

I think the one who left RG at the orphanage wasnt DM's mom but the authorithy. Regardless rich or poor, DM parents had no right to bring him home. I think DM's mom let her kids played with young RG as long as she cud, and when time to leave, it was against her conscience to leave a young child alone at the playground unattended, but she cant bring him home because she can be charged for kidnapping. The next best thing she cud do was to bring over the child to the nearest police station & let them handle from there. I suspect it was either a female police officer or a social worker who brought him over to the orphanage until someone come to report a missing child. However after certain period of time, no one come to report/claim him, they sent him for adoption.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

while everyone is going ga-ga over the last scene... or the "sleeping over the gallery" night... which i played and replayed about ten-thousand times i think... :lol:...

has there anyone mentioned how CCUUUTTTEEEE Geon Woo on the episode last night! i just want to bite that little boy... he sooooo cute!!!! i was STS-ing all the while as well while he is discussing how he drop himself intentionally to make the girl he likes smile...and insist he is in love...not crush...he is definite... he is in love!!!  oh my goodness that kid is suuppppeerr adorable!!! hope someone can make a gif or edited video of him... he is just soooo cute!!! 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

But what is this with the mum holding onto to something... which minute is it? I have a full on day coming up and can't even get to the episode. She is  a photo with Yoon Jae on it. So the 3 mums knew each other? Huh? What did I miss?

They did not.. Yoon Jae (Ryan) was left at the playground because his mom never came back (due to her getting into an accident) ...

I can honestly stare at Kim Jaewook (and Park Minyoung) all day, but  ....... I need a Shi An scene where he goes like "I know you're SNG, noona".... he's obviously very observant but I mean there must be a reason why he randomly asked her if she's his fan. My main worry right now is how things will play out once it's revealed DM's mom "let go" of Ryan's hand. No more noble idiocy/breakups please..anyway I predict the reveal is the cliffhanger for next episode.

Edited by butterflyeffect
edited to be clearer
  • Like 7

My opinion of acting KJW make me remember Shah Rukh Khas as villain in baazigar and darr become so romantic in Diwale Dulhania Le Jayege in first romance film.. How can usually actor can be more excellent acting where they can do both genre.I also want to look face KJW because resemble their face to Japanese actor because Im big fan for Japanese actor. Thats why I remember him as prince in The Last Princess the visual Japanese more than Korea actor. 

So KJW make this drama fresh  as Ryan Gold make its new acting although same plot with others. he can use both hands make him sexier and hot hahahah.. Thats why I hope I can look new drama KJW after this.:wub:

Pmy is become to happy when to do is acting. Their fangirling become so natural in all scenes. I love she can be ready the best girlfriend and excited so much when she loved to Ryan. I also hope she can make next drama to KJW may be thriller genre. 

I also love this drama is family matters is important our life. I hope the situation for finale can be smooth and make ours smile after this drama end. Just enjoys for watching.. Its just only 2 episode.. :wub:

Need to wait tonight watching episode 14

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Oh man, that ep14 ending though. They didn't need to show anything with the bed scene, IMHO, it was already shown how passionate they were in the workshop, it's just weird that the bed scene is more PG than the first kiss scene, lol. I don't think we're gonna get a bed scene more mature than that, if the PD was gonna do it, it would be this scene. The build-up to passionate lovemaking was all here, so unfortunately we're probably not getting any more unless they do it like the beginning of ep10, where they "continued" the makeout session into the next episode.

But I can't complain, because after all this is a romcom and not a sexy drama. Everything leading up to the kiss, him drawing, DM propping her hair (goddamn even PMY's silhouette is gorgeous), taking out her hair bun, the colors and visuals, everything was so sensual. They nailed that scene IMHO.

• Like 15