[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Great ep! Confrontation scene was intense. I hope everything will be resolved at tonight's ep and not leave us hanging for another week.

We've been pampered so much with kisses hugs and cutesy scenes in the past eps that it's not a complete ep without it :crazy:. Anyway, when can we get these lovebirds say their I Love You's?! Been waiting since forever LOL

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

ok... been silent for a while... but this last episode just made me a little anxious... 

has anyone read the webtoon all the way to the end or at least all the way till the revelation of RG's childhood? can someone pls pm me the link...or share here under spoiler? 

i really hope they REALLY WILL NOT go the sister-brother story...!  that will totally and completely be wrong IMO!

i am on the verge of not watching this episode tonight... i dont know if my heart can take the pain RG is feeling... i wanna be like DM at this very moment... you just hug and smile and assure that you are there for him whatever happens. 

their visuals is just super stunning!!!  just reposting! ctto

mje65l16yw3a.gif&key=d55f702b5c11fdc7d05

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

'Em I the only one who is actually almost sure the one who left little Ryan at the church back then is DM Mother?I've felt it from the first time we've seen those bits of his memory mainly because of the voice but now still missing some pieces to put the whole puzzle together but i'm quite sure she was the one who left him back then...

Agree it seems to be her saying "i am not your mother".  in the flashback from todays episode the woman seems to be in a hurry... witch maybe explain why she was so hard on the kid. But lett see how this play out. From so far in the story writer have been good not making thing out to be the way we think it gonna be so I guess there is some surprise left for us :) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

'Em I the only one who is actually almost sure the one who left little Ryan at the church back then is DM Mother?I've felt it from the first time we've seen those bits of his memory mainly because of the voice but now still missing some pieces to put the whole puzzle together but i'm quite sure she was the one who left him back then...

But there is more to it. We heard in the last episode that it was the grandfather who got rid of the paintings. I am now wondering if DM's mother was the one who abandoned him, as she had been asked by the grandfather. We heard that LS got hurt in an accident. Maybe while she was in a coma, the grandfather decided to get rid of her son as she was a single mother. I can imagine that RG's mother had an argument with her father because of her son and her career. He didn't want her to pursue her career as painter and be a single mother as well hence she moved to that rooftop apartment. She had no much money, while she came from a higher social background. This would explain why DM's mother stopped EG's mother from abandoning her son because she had done it before and knew that the mother would regret it her whole life as she regretted.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

43 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But there is more to it. We heard in the last episode that it was the grandfather who got rid of the paintings. I am now wondering if DM's mother was the one who abandoned him, as she had been asked by the grandfather. We heard that LS got hurt in an accident. Maybe while she was in a coma, the grandfather decided to get rid of her son as she was a single mother. I can imagine that RG's mother had an argument with her father because of her son and her career. He didn't want her to pursue her career as painter and be a single mother as well hence she moved to that rooftop apartment. She had no much money, while she came from a higher social background. This would explain why DM's mother stopped EG's mother from abandoning her son because she had done it before and knew that the mother would regret it her whole life as she regretted.

True enough,we still don't know the full story of what happened back then but i suspect that back then when his mom was younger she was in a more darker place to name it as that in terms of her artistic side,i think she struggled a lot and wanted to make a name for herself and maybe her own home family problems,like pointed before EG Mom also had a moment of weakness when she wanted to abandon him and i think here was also the case...I think at that time she might have considered him in the way of her carrer and when she got hurt might be the two posibilities,to leave him behind and do what EG Mom tried to do and DM mom finding him and not knowing were she was ending up taking him to that orphanage or doing it because she asked her...Even if it looks a bit like an error(by the PD) he played with DM and EG when they were small(the boy was too small to be way older than DM cast wise)...And DM's Mom always felt sad remembering those moments about him and don't think she did anything bad per se and it's clear EG knows more to it as well....I don't think they weill dwelve that into too much makjang with her parents forcing to abandon the kid etc....

So my i bet she abandoned him because she felt it was in the way of her carrer even more when she was in so high regard in her college days...

• Like 7

From Healer to WWWSK and now HPL, i think these dramas are about long lost childhood friends...:lol: I hope this will be the last drama that PMY picked with the same story about a memory loss of her childhood.. but of course the 3 dramas PMY portrayed with different characters, so i can accepted it.. but a bit boring with the same story about memory loss of her childhood time...maybe it's a trend in a webtoon / manga... except Healer is not from the webtoon.

I have nothing to complain about KJW because his previous work as 2nd lead end up the same in most typical kdramas but, he did a good job in picking different kind of characters in his previous dramas.. in future i wanna see him more as the lead like what Nam Goong Min has become which is from 2nd lead to all lead in his dramas...both KJW and NGM are my favourite 2nd lead and I always had a 2nd lead syndrome because of these two..

I'm sure in Ep 13 the writer will make RG problem solved and I'm afraid that they will have a new conflict which is about who is EG's real father, Sindy and her mom, and more issues about why DM mom's abandoned RG (which i strongly believe that is her who abandoned RG at the orphanage)..

And not to forget...Where is the bed scene and when it gonna happen?? :w00t: I hope the writer didn't forget to put this scene in maybe Ep 15...ekekekekek we will be very grateful if this scene was included in this drama :phew:

• Like 15

Yeah I also didnt agree abadon or child scene of korean drama because its reality dont think so much when we are kids. 

But its different with Ryan character. Its complex, alone and trauma lost of ability drawing, didnt know of face mother or birthday.KJW make us feel how alone Ryan itself and feel sadness in the eyes. I love all characters Ryan although he that situation he become good person and leader.He didnt use as weakness and he good and respect to everyone. The most important he is good listener and say sorry if something wrong or mistake. 

So I love we know background of Ryan and others because the scripwriter had give moments more we want. Just hope we want to fo finale and be settled early.I still want more Ryan sexiness and naughty Deokmi... 

This is my assumption I read in here before to look episode 13 in tonight.. 

• Like 11

finally got to watch the whole episode 13. My heart hurt for our man... But at the same time the fact that DM where there to give him a safe heven made me  calm just like him :wub: Also he is brave approaching the person he think is his birth mother. witch also show how mature he is. Even tough it seems like Dm mother was the the one leaving him, in the end it is really his mother that for a reason abounded him. so I think in the big ordeal of thing DM mother is the least fault (and I hope this is handled right). We also learned that SA grandfather had a very big fault on the event at the time. So to me it feel like many small thing lead to a very impactful day that changed their life. I think the childhood connection gonna be the least thing to worried about as I think they gonna be amused by it more than angry by that revelation. If it is true that there is link from them being child :) 

• Like 8

Translated Knetz comments on episode 13 by Melohwa. Several noonas apologizing to Jung Hae In for choosing KJW over him. :lol: Even so, I'm afraid JHI's new show might dent HPL's ratings a bit. We'll see.

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/05/her-private-life-ep-13-spoilers-park.html

My faves:

5. [+122,-1]
To be honest, I'm so into Kim Jae Wook now that I won't care whoever that's living next door. It's bad. My standards are getting higher. 

1. [+892,-14]
Sorry, Hae In-ah... Looks like noona couldn't get out of Kim Jae Wook's sexiness~~~ No, but what's with the gloomy acting in such a light hearted drama? ㅠㅠ

• Like 13

I was trying to stop myself from believing DM's mom abandoned RG...but here we are. Anyway, if I have to theorize, let me put things into perspective. I will hide my very inaccurate theories of the past under the spoiler tag, and future without.

Spoiler

1. The Incident: She was a freshman, only a few years younger than Editor Nam, and that was in 1982(I am guessing it was a normal portfolio and not the yearbook so she was still a freshman?). RG was born in 1987, which would fit...either when she had just graduated or still in school. Did she hide it from her parents and run away? She had bad memories attached to the painting, but it seems she got into an accident, and injured her hand. The scar can be created by a deep cut from crashing a glass jug to running after someone, or even an actual vehicle accident, so it feels like something happened, maybe she was unconscious and her son had been roaming around asking for help, and DM's mom took him in, hoping someone would come and look for him but no one did. Combined with the pressure from her own mother in law who hated her for taking in kids/losing her kid, it seems like she was over stressed and then had to leave RG against her will(in a moment of high emotion). DM might be connected to the same accident because she lost her memories at the same time.

2. DM is not adopted, because her mom knows her date of birth and time, and everything? Also, if she was adopted, would her mom rashly say "I am not your mom" in a moment of anger? What makes me nervous though is that EG looked at her for a moment longer when she said that they should gift their parents considering they had given her such good looks... Reading too much? Yes, probably.

If DM is still adopted, I can guess that her mother probably worked in the orphanage/helped out there. The relief she exhibited when she learnt RG was adopted overseas(and still lived a good life) makes me think she hated abandoning RG there...

3. This is fiction. From a narrative sense, what does this conflict add to the story, of the original premise? Why did DM's mom become the one to abandon the child - I am asking from the writer's perspective. If she wanted to show the plight of single unwed mothers,  and Korean overseas adoption system with all its faults(like an amazing person mentioned a few pages ago - the article mentioned how the relatives used to abandon the kid when mother was not around and against her will - striking but the guilt RG's mom has, matches the premise - something she was not able to protect!!!), how is it going to show? Will it delve into the fact that RG lost all connections with his homeland while EG was lucky enough to retain the connection being in the same country and his mom was able to find him? EG was abandoned before his mother found him again and feels apologetic towards him, but RG's mother never even had the chance. Do we have the time to do that after all this in the last three episodes?

For the rest of the story?

1. DM's mom has a lot of explaining to do, but I really hope we come out unscathed and we can love her character just like before.

2. I don't think we will get the noble idiocy arc - DM gave RG 12 hrs to sort out his mind, and might demand the same from him but large level conflict seems out of the picture. She's a victim in all this too - her memory was lost when she was a child and she was probably lied to/didn't have stake in this, so "leaving RG" when RG has explicitly mentioned he wants to move on would be completely out of character. We have spent a lot of time on her character development, so will she again refuse to trust RG's heart? No, it makes no narrative sense.

3. Let's also remember that RG didn't think/remember his birth mother once, until he saw the painting three years and started searching for her, so he had an warm and loving home in USA, and never felt like he was in need of anything - even if they don't show his foster parents now. This is important because even if DM feels bad/guilty because of her mother - her mother had her own compulsions and RG didn't have a bad childhood, he grew up with good education, was able to pursue a field he liked, and excelled in it as an artist and director which he might not have otherwise, kudos to his foster parents for that.

4. It would be hard on both the leads in ep 14 and 15... but the last few mins of ep 13 have me believing that DM would be the person who would be able to sort things for RG and her mother in law his mom in the next episode, after which the focus should shift back to DM where she confronts her own family

5. It's both a good thing and a bad thing that they have too many things to wrap up in the last three episodes, so we would not get any break up trope to further buy time - we have a number of side stories, about SJ, outing SNG in front of SA at least, the variety show, EG&DI, the workplace romance between the curator and YS, and finally Cindy's career growth to resolve. They can't fit this drama trope stuff anywhere without losing out on anything else. I have been so badly scarred with dramas that I am paranoid about the last two episodes.

6. Lastly, lets talk about some happy things which are the reason i watch the show:

a. DM's small moments of fangirling where she was so giddy to see SA around, almost shouted his name on phone and teased RG by pretending to leave! The fact that he trusts her to sort things out with RG...she's one successful fangirl!

b. DM wouldn't be stupid enough to let go of RG now that her bias' has the chance of becoming her brother in law lol - and SA would get an adoring older sister, his biggest fansite, all his life haha. The girl has consistent taste though, SA & RG...both her favorite men!

c. One small detail...the fact that the two leads say thank you to each other instead of sorry. So if RG tells DM his past and it hurts him, DM doesn't say "sorry for making you tell me" - she says "thank you for telling me, I am grateful". Similarly for RG, he thanks her for being there, for listening, for telling him about EG...he isn't sorry to bother her, he's grateful that she considers him so important. This dynamic will probably save the day against of drama tropes lol - like if the story would have led to:

"I am sorry for being such a terrible memory for you/hurting you back in childhood, I won't hurt you anymore by reminding you of it and so let's break up", it is converted into

"I am really really thankful you are still here by my side even when you are in so much pain because of me; thank you for loving me so much."  (hope this also reminds the lurking writers that we won't accept stupid actions by our leads)

d. DM's BIRTHDAY! "Do you have another boyfriend?" Ryan's pouty face was the cutest thing ever. The little kisses, flirting, suggestive directions and all are lovely to watch. Bed scene would be extremely tame though, considering they don't want us to die.

e. I NEED MY EPILOGUE WITH KIDS OR I AM NOT FORGIVING THE DIRECTOR/SCRIPTWRITER EVER. THERE ARE STILL 8 DAYS OF SHOOTING LEFT. DON"T DISAPPOINT ME!

• Like 13
  • Love 4

Nope we are all likely stewing in slight paranoia over potential angst n being slightly deprived of OTP kisses...

I'm hoping that the writers have blot been too pushed to follow the formulae of k dramas.

Because we all know 12 to 14/15 Are usually angst eps...but this is one couple that's so lovely together that I'm hoping to just enjoy the fluff til the end 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

i really hope they REALLY WILL NOT go the sister-brother story...!  that will totally and completely be wrong IMO!

I believe our writer-nim won't make that kind of story. It will make all of HPL fans disappointed. 

I'm not sure, but i think Lee Seol is RG omma. But, yeah,there is something going on between RG and EG in their childhood. Maybe there is another reason why their name is Eun (silver) and Gold. The moment at the church, when RG see the last paint of LS, can be a picture of their childhood played bubble together (RG, DM, EG, SA).

We don't have many hint tough, bout their childhood memories. Just hope the story won't make any of us feel disappointed. And please, they should resolve all of these memory lost story in this week. 

I suddenly remember they haven't do their exhibition. I think their gonna make the exhibition as the last scene of HPL drama. Can be the best moment to all of the cast be shown together for the last time.. 

• Like 8

Just finished watching with subs. OMG I love this couple so much!!! Is there even a more functional, healthy and loving couple in the history of all K-drama rom-coms?! (Oops, I hope I didn't just jinx them...:tears:) Last night I read the translation snippet of how Deokmi gave Ryan space to be alone with his thoughts about the mom reveal and I loved that, but what I love even more is that she asked him first if he wanted to be alone, and he nodded yes. I love how at the end, when Deokmi told Ryan everything will be alright, it didn't sound like a platitude. She looked like she was so determined to do everything she possibly could to make it so. Props to PMY for nailing that.

And I love how even when they're going through a difficult time, they clearly enjoy being with each other so much, and they're still so flirty and affectionate. And what I love even more is that Deokmi seems to be very clearly into the flirtiness and the idea of more, like when Ryan suggestively ran a hand down her arm and asked her if they could do what he wanted now, and when Ryan handed her the milk to rinse her mouth with so they can kiss. It's so different compared to Miso in her relationship in WWWSK. (Sorry to compare again, but too many parallels.) The walking with their arms around each other I also like very much, and I love how natural it looks when they do it. Also I love that they're both competitive losers; it's part of their playfulness with each other. I also love how for them hand-holding and hugs aren't done purely for romantic effect, like it usually is in other rom-coms. Like for them, it's more; it's about their connection as people and how they are there for each other as partners. Ugh, I just love them so much. :wub:

• Like 21

Excited to watch episode 13 tonight.. Actually I dont know why KJW make me watch Ryan for repetition.. Yeah may be he is good looking or charimastic or be excellent acting make me new fangirl to KJW..:wub:

Why I Angau too much :wub:.. I dont know angau in english... Lol.. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2