[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

I love the still shots at the orphanage. Our lead couple are both so gorgeous! 

Some thoughts on Ep12:

- loved how our couple spent the evening playing cards and watching movie. It was fun and sweet. I’m also looking forward to Ryan’s revenge.

- That red carpet entrance of XDir EOM was just so extra! Lol. I’m truly enjoying the actress’ portrayal of this weird character.

- it was satisfying to see the growth of Cindy. I actually loved all her scenes in this ep. She can still be annoying but in a younger sister kind of way. I liked it when she asked why they’re teaching arts to kids instead of just donating money. It was a valid question and glad DM explained it in a manner Cindy can understand. 

- how cute that the little girl has a crush on our lion. But young lady, you have to get in line! :lol:

- the best gf showing how much she understands the struggle of her bf. The tracing of hands is just so touching. She truly understands his struggle and is slowly leading him the way

-  loved the car scene! That throwback to their first meeting is genius. DM is really getting bold isn’t she...lol. I want it too!

- and of course the ad-lib kitchen scene! After seeing the bts, no one can blame us if we think most of this scene was ad-libbed, right?! These two are so cute I want to lock them in a room and throw away the key :lol:.

- our 2 second leads drinking away their sorrow. Glad to know DI has accepted her fate and I know EG will get there too. He’s still a very decent guy and have always been there for DM so I can’t really hate him. Even Ryan knows he’ll always be part of DM’s life.

I don’t really want to speculate on what will happen to the story as I’m the type who will just sit back and enjoy and/or be surprised. But it’s fun reading your theories. Let’s just hope that it’ll be a satisfying end to what has been a great show so far. 

Back to the bts of Ep11 & 12 - this is just so full of good stuff that I was laughing and smiling all throughout! I’m so glad to see they’re really having a good time despite working long hours of filming. If there’s one thing I can wish it’s that they’ll  developed a good friendship that’ll last even after they finished this drama.

• Like 21
  • Love 2

Seeking help from Korean-fluent members...:D In the behind the scenes video flour scene, what does KJW say after PMY asks him what he was doing after his botched kiss attempt (at 4:10 in the video below)? The subbed vids only translated the captioned part (something about pretty), but I was curious about what he said before that.

@kenrei I pretty much agree on all your ep 12 thoughts! Loved Director Eom's entrance with the way she held her skirt by her forefinger and thumb only, and that detail of Kim Biso holding her purse behind her the same way! :lol: 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Ondine said:

Seeking help from Korean-fluent members...:D In the behind the scenes video flour scene, what does KJW say after PMY asks him what he was doing after his botched kiss attempt (at 4:10 in the video below)? The subbed vids only translated the captioned part (something about pretty), but I was curious about what he said before that.

@kenrei I pretty much agree on all your ep 12 thoughts! Loved Director Eom's entrance with the way she held her skirt by her forefinger and thumb only, and that detail of Kim Biso holding her purse behind her the same way! :lol: 

I’m actually CACKLING because I was thinking the same thing :lol: I really liked their interaction here because it shows how laid back the two are along with the production team who are letting them just have fun to create a more authentic scene for broadcast. I love watching these because seeing how much fun they’re having is transmitted to us as well seeing how we’re all enjoying HPL as a whole. 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 9

44 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Oh yes I forgot to mention the secretary and the way he holds her purse (esp the caged-liked one few ep back)! The director may be mean but I couldn’t hate her that much because I can’t take her character seriously :lol: I also love how she hates Ryan because he also doesn’t take her seriously and would even ignore her thus her need to get a higher position just for him to listen to her.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Ondine said:

After DM was throwing some flour to RG face, RG took revenge to wipe his full of flour-face to DM’s cheek(?) neck (?) dont know. Then DM said ‘what are you doing?’ As if she’s lil pissed by RG’s prank. 

The RG just keep picking at her by said: ‘do it, do it... (he keep trying to provoke DM to wipe it off to his face) .. ah so pretty (means with the flour in her face she looks pretty, just to make fun of her )’

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

hiiiii!

what a beautiful BTS and good preview from TvN

btw i just want to share: LAST NIGHT I HAVE A DREAM. AND KJW IS MY PROFESSOR !!! damn he is sooo sexy, picky, and super handsome. hahahahahahahahahahahah. 

i wish i can keep that dream for a long time :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

I don’t think he was even attempting to kiss her anymore at that point...:D..just trying to get her face covered in flour....his head movements when she asked what he was trying to do...indicate a slight tease/ taunt.....Like the beginnings of a food fight...

very cute

• Like 13

Wrong thread? Can’t help it, cos I am so enamored by Min Seon Woo’s  delicate beauty in Antique. Whoa! I wished I am a male converted to gay just for him. Delicate performance by KJW. Surprised he didn’t win any award. 

Oops sorry: in 2008, 16th Korean Culture Entertainment Awards, he did win the 'best new actor award'. 

Yoo Ah In won the best new actor in 2008 11th Director's Cut Award. 

@jaydendoji, @kdramaQ , you are right he did ge, I go hunt for the video now.  @mushforbrains, apologies, he did, as indicated in his wiki page. Not in the  film's page, though.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, 50okie said:

Wrong thread? Can’t help it, cos I am so enamored by Min Seon Woo’s  delicate beauty in Antique. Whoa! I wished I am a male converted to gay just for him. Delicate performance by KJW. Surprised he didn’t win any award. 

I think he won best new artist award for that role. Saw a clip on youtube. :D

• Like 6

Awesome theories from everyone! I have been so invested in the romance that I haven't entirely paid attention to all of the underlying points in the flashbacks, I can't even remember some of the scenes mentioned haha but I love reading everyones theories and opinions nonetheless :D

I can't wait for the next episode but am also secretly sad because it means we're one episode closer to the end and I'm too attached to our sweet couple to let go just yet!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jaydendoji said:

I think he won best new artist award for that role. Saw a clip on youtube. :D

I read Yoo Ah In won instead . KJW wasn’t nominated for anything. :bawling:

I watched Antique 6 times in the span of 24 hours. :astonished:

Back to HPL.

Why do we need to justify and not accept that Leesol had ABANDONED her son? I know it’s an old trope of abandoned kids turning bitter and vengeful. I don’t see that happening in HPL. Despite being abandoned, I guess he was not ill treated by his adopted mother. In fact he grew up to be a fine talented man. Just like EG, he was definitely abandoned by his mom, he got over it and forgave her. 

I hope the writer won’t sugar coat the reason why he was abandoned more than why EG was. Ok, the easy story is that she was in an accident, in a coma for years, then wanted to search for him years later but couldn't find him because he migrated overseas.

But I want to believe RG is stronger than that to face the hard facts and forgive his mother . He just want to hear his mom apologize (that's the reason why he is good at apologising.) The stooooOoopider  the reason his mother abandoned RG, the bigger the man to forgive her.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, 50okie said:

Why do we need to justify and not accept that Leesol had ABANDONED her son?

AGREED!

loved your whole post but want to highlight this bit. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 50okie said:

I hope the writer won’t sugar coat the reason why he was abandoned more than why EG was

I trust the writer right now not to do so. RG can't just wake up and go, "mummy, you abandoned me but I forgive you". It's not easy like that.

If he does forgive her, it has to be a very Good reason why he did that.

• Like 6

I have both LSS and STS due to HPL :sweat_smile:^_^

I love the BTS video because:

- KJW hands .. why always so red? hahaha and why can't KJW keep it to himself? Kim Jae Wook ssi, when youre a fanboy, you can only look... your hands were in PMY waist though LOL :D:lol:

- KJW's "internal conflict" during their game after PMY's wrist kiss :D

- PMY's can't keep her hands off of KJW face .. i guess they are both suffering from CANT keep my hands to myself syndrom = CKMHTM:sweat_smile::D:)

- When PMY accidentally gave KJW the middle finger while feeding him snacks LOL .. KJW's reaction was so cute :blush:

These two really ... both the best :wub:

Happy Monday, everyone :heart:

• Like 7
  • LOL 6