Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 4:27 PM, Hueee said:
    •  

“Her Private Life,” Kim Jae Wook, And Park Min Young Top Rankings For Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Cast Members

May 14, 2019

On May 13, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ratings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members.

The results are from the company’s analysis of 27 dramas that aired or are scheduled to air from May 6 to May 12 in the areas of online articles, blog posts, community forums, social media, and views on video clips.

tvN’s “Her Private Life” maintained its position as the most buzzworthy drama for the second consecutive week due to the attention it received for the heated kiss scene between Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young. As a result, Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young also placed No. 1 and No. 2 respectively on the buzzworthy actors list.

In second place was OCN’s “Voice 3,” which premiered on May 11 with strong viewership ratings. Its cast members Lee Ha Na and Lee Jin Wook each placed No. 5 and No. 6 respectively on the buzzworthy actors list.

tvN’s newest Monday-Tuesday drama “Abyss” took third place with its main actress Park Bo Young entering at No. 3 on the buzzworthy actors list, followed by her co-star Ahn Hyo Seop in fourth place.

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” came in at No. 4 with one of its male leads Jo Jung Suk entering the buzzworthy actors list at No. 7.

Check out the top 10 TV dramas this week:

1. tvN “Her Private Life”
2. OCN “Voice 3”
3. tvN “Abyss”
4. SBS “Nokdu Flower”
5. MBC “Special Labor Inspector, Mr. Jo”
6. KBS2 “Doctor Prisoner
7. SBS “The Secret Life of My Secretary
8. OCN “Save Me 2”
9. MBC “Different Dreams
10. KBS2 “Left-handed Wife”

Check out the top 10 drama cast members this week:

1. Kim Jae Wook (“Her Private Life”)
2. Park Min Young (“Her Private Life”)
3. Park Bo Young (“Abyss”)
4. Ahn Hyo Seop (“Abyss”)
5. Lee Ha Na (“Voice 3”)
6. Lee Jin Wook (“Voice 3”)
7. Jo Jung Suk (“Nokdu Flower”)
8. Choi Won Young (“Doctor Prisoner”)
9. Kim Young Kwang (“The Secret Life of My Secretary”)
10. Namgoong Min (“Doctor Prisoner”)

Source (1)

Woowww...look like the theory about pmy can make her non popular co star turn to a popular and a popular co star turn to more2 popular its true..at first i don't think kjw will be got a lot of of popularity from hpl cause he being in industry for a long time but its turn out really true the theory pmy can make her co star popular..

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@rabbiteen That’s what I was thinking too! My first thought was that maybe PMY was uncomfortable...but as you said, it’s that signature “punch” right there. I’m so pleased to watch how relaxed they are both on and off screen. This entire gifset is STS inducing. It was very late at night and only my brother and I are awake and he happened to pass by me smiling to myself on my screen and looked at me strangely HAHA. Heck, I think my entire family think there’s something wrong with me because sometimes I can’t even control when the smiling symptom come in!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, fangirldeokjil94 said:

Id have to agree. When I was there (sorry I keep on harping about this, but I truly don't mean to show off or anything LOL that's just my closest encounter with uri Lion oppa) - he had quite a few deep discussions with the Director, and also I could see lots of discussion prior to the actual filming of the scenes where he would be discussing how he would run up the stairs and gesturing like "this is how I will position myself etc" / the way he should hold DM /or say certain things in a certain way...

Even after the shooting ended, he spent at least 5-10 mins just talking to PD-nim (even though his car was already waiting and PMY had already left some time before that). They looked deep in discussion and I think from what I could hear (and my limited Korean) they were discussing  / debriefing the scenes..

My observation is that he is indeed a method actor, and really really really focusses on how to do everything to the best of his ability (I mean, just look at his other movies and his research into it).

I would have thought ro-cos are an "easy" genre because I mean, generally speaking people would have a "ro-co" type experience in our daily life so we can emulate that.. (as compared to being a psychopath serial killer or a transgender/gay person).. but even with an easy, light hearted drama, I can see he really works v hard <3

Damn I really sound like a die-hard fan super admiring him and his talent. SIGH.

Just want to say it have been fun reading your story about visiting the set :D  also remind us how much work is going true making this fantastic scenes we get! We take for granted how consuming acting is and that is a craft of it´s own. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I guess i got lucky the video isn't restricted here in my country. i just rewatched it and is now having a very very bad case of STS :D :blush:

I also just watched the interview with VIKI and I must say PMY and KJW chemistry is something else... it's just so how shall i put it, effortless? :wub: To think that interview happened before all the shooting that's already happened so I can only imagine how much closer they are right now :heart: 

It's almost time for Ep 11.. i cannot wait! ^_^

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Woodshop said:

On a side note, loved how the director of HPL, the ever amazing Hong PD, and the editing team, including some scenes that were allegedly not meant to make the final cut and yet ended up creating that warm atmosphere on the entire scene. And of course the ad-lib party that i personally hope will keep on coming, Think i lost counts of how many minutes have been spent by our OTP holding hands or staring at each other's eyes and souls. And most of all, i truly appreciate the way they persistently portraying RG & SDM's honesty and understanding level toward each other AND toward themselves. Admitting to ourselves about how we actually feel about someone else or something in particular can be a rather challenging task to complete, and yet they did exceptionally well.

If i may add a little bit more, their mature relationship reminds me so much of Hong PD's last romcom project prior to HPL with Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong. In 201. There was this amazingly endearing piece, also brought to the audience by TVN, called 'Live Up To Your Name' (LUTYN), alternative title 'Deserving of the Name'. This particular project left such a deep impression in me because for the first time in a long time, there was no single noble idiocy trope was pulled in a K-drama. Whenever there were issues surfaced, they talked about it together, about how they feel and think toward the existing problems, including over how they're gonna face the worst possibilities. In times of despair, They consoled each other in such a subtle way, mostly without even saying many words. In one of the most memorable scenes, fully knowing that her man was facing such a tough hardship at the time, when the leading man come home looking all weary and emotionally tired, instead of saying "Are you okay?", she welcomed him home with "Did you have dinner? I haven't had it yet. I made soft tofu stew. Do you like it by any chance ?. I'm actually not good at cooking, but cooking is all about effort, you see" before reaching out to him and gently hug him tight. As if she was trying to say "I know you're in inexplicable pain right now, i might not have the solutions for you but i'm here for you". That kind of conversation shows just how mature their relationship is for they always know how to settle a problem without having to saying the typical lines that at times can sound meaningless.

I know that script plays such a crucial role in creating a drama or movie, however, i can never overlook the role of the directing in it.

As much as i appreciate the writer of HPL, i think the director has also done such a great job in choosing the perfect angles and gestures to describe the what was originally written on the script into a perfectly realistic and genuine moment on screen.

As once pointed out by one of the members here on the early page, the director seems to have his own styles in managing the content of his project. Instead of weighing his decision on choosing his following project solely to the story itself, i concluded that the director also prefers script with the character of the leading male to be a highly mannered gentlemen who are respectful toward her lady, adoring them without demeaning her own values. His 'men' should know how to respect their ladies. Therefore, we got Kim Nam Gil's character on tvN's LUTYN, Cho Seung Woo's character on JTBC's Life and Kim Jae Wook's Ryan Gold on tvN's HPL.  Hong PD always knows how to turn modest scenes into memorable ones, and i suspect he even allows his leading actors to act out most of romantic scenes according to their own interpretations for the script only says the general ideas they have to depict. As in he expected more act, less recite. That way, some romantic scenes can come out more natural because the actors were told to actually do it in their own pace and understanding as a human being. That's why the dating scenes in both LUTYN & HPL (at the theme park) spark that same sense of fun and excitement, because the actors were actually enjoying it during filming (judging from the released BTS clips).

Another pattern i found after watching HPL was taking family portrait that seems mandatory in most of his dramas (HPL-during sudden picnic with SDM's parents) AND last but certainly not least, how the Director always succesfully managed to bring out the sensual tension between his on screen 'lovebirds' without even involving oversexualized skinship (still can forget the entire episode at Writer Ahn's Cabin :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:),  and instead maximize his actors capability to act through eyes to do the talking (that bathroom scene is so dangggg!!!). There weren't many holding hands happened between the OTP of LUTYN back then, and yet i can clearly feel their emotions exuded the entire time, and every time they got close each other, i can almost see their souls "making out" to each other (that's weird, sorry, i can find a better term to describe how i feel toward this invisible tension effect the director always successfully create between his main actors).

I'm sorry for my long rant. It's just i can help but admiring Hong PD's work, along with the entire production staff. Whilst writers are often highly praised for their contribution in the success of Korean Dramas, it just feels unfair if we don't applaud the finest directors out there as well ,for their superb force in crafting a well made drama. If wasn't for them, even themost genius script could've ended up turn into a mediocre TV show filled with poor cinematography qualities and lots of blank or unnecessary close up glarings. :scream:

Lastly, i just wanna thank Hong PD for taking part in HPL. Without you, sir, this drama would probably turn out straight up corny, from beginning til the end. ^_^ Can't believe this means, you have worked with like the two effortlessly sexiest actors in K-dramaland, Kim Nam Gil & our gooey Lion, Kim Jae Wook, whonot only had they worked together on Bad Guy ages ago, but also had taken on some of the most challenging roles individually. Such as a gay dude, a priest and a murderer.

And the ladies as well. Gosh, i couldnt think of anyone else but Park Min Young who are the chemi queen of K-drama and the ever suave actress who slay every role she had taken on both motion picture and silver screen fields, Kim Ah Joong, to match their respective leading men's incomparable method acting. WHAT AN ASTONISHING GROUP OF PAIRINGS !!!! :wub::wub::wub:

@Woodshop Wow oh wow, you described exactly how I felt about the "anyeong" scenes at the writer's cabin. Yes, the whole scene at the cabin starting with the bathroom scene and all the conversations between themselves and the writer when Ryan said to the writer that his photographer friend new what the writer felt even if he has not said it, because he was the photographer after all, captured the heart of the drama. From my perspective, Ryan and Deokmi have a deep connection. Thank you for your post and for giving credit to all the involved in the making of this wonderful drama, the PD, the writer and the actors.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, fangirldeokjil94 said:

Id have to agree. When I was there (sorry I keep on harping about this, but I truly don't mean to show off or anything LOL that's just my closest encounter with uri Lion oppa) - he had quite a few deep discussions with the Director, and also I could see lots of discussion prior to the actual filming of the scenes where he would be discussing how he would run up the stairs and gesturing like "this is how I will position myself etc" / the way he should hold DM /or say certain things in a certain way...

It sounds like he'd be one to discuss the details of skinship too instead of ad libbing, as well he should. :)

• Like 7

Am loving all the insights here....

especially the opinion on the directors touch...loved LUTYN....another warm romance with a hot couple!!!

@fangirldeokjil94totally get how you feel....this is what soompi forums are for!!!!

if we cant fangirl and spazz here...why are we in this forum....we want to know every little detail!!!

i was walking on air when I chanced upon kimyoojung in hk!!!

and ended up as a stalker ahjumma in a YouTube vid...:blink:

now if I chanced upon Kim Jae Wook....I would be like DM in SA’s home.....would have died happy....lol...would not have been able to say a coherent word...he sounds lovely and hardworking and I love his laugh....might have recorded his voice with my phone too.....:wub:

:ph34r:...now you know I’m a potential stalker fangirl....lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

HI, Its been soo long I have been here but nice reading all your comments...

Can't wait for this week episode... 

• Like 4

Can anyone notify about any announcements regarding the Blu-ray or DVD of the director's cut. Cause I really really want to buy it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hueee said:
    •  

“Her Private Life,” Kim Jae Wook, And Park Min Young Top Rankings For Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Cast Members

May 14, 2019

On May 13, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ratings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members.

The results are from the company’s analysis of 27 dramas that aired or are scheduled to air from May 6 to May 12 in the areas of online articles, blog posts, community forums, social media, and views on video clips.

tvN’s “Her Private Life” maintained its position as the most buzzworthy drama for the second consecutive week due to the attention it received for the heated kiss scene between Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young. As a result, Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young also placed No. 1 and No. 2 respectively on the buzzworthy actors list.

In second place was OCN’s “Voice 3,” which premiered on May 11 with strong viewership ratings. Its cast members Lee Ha Na and Lee Jin Wook each placed No. 5 and No. 6 respectively on the buzzworthy actors list.

tvN’s newest Monday-Tuesday drama “Abyss” took third place with its main actress Park Bo Young entering at No. 3 on the buzzworthy actors list, followed by her co-star Ahn Hyo Seop in fourth place.

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” came in at No. 4 with one of its male leads Jo Jung Suk entering the buzzworthy actors list at No. 7.

{snipped}

5 hours ago, Hueee said:

Source (1)

It boggles my mind that this doesn't translate to high ratings, ugh. I guess it includes "buzzes" from International fans? Or fans of the show and PMY and KJW are just very active online or something.

• Like 5

Think they may measure household type ratings on TV or cable....while most of us who are non Koreans watch them through apps/online sources

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

Think they may measure household type ratings on TV or cable....while most of us who are non Koreans watch them through apps/online sources

You are right. That’s why I stick to watch the show on TV instead online sources. At least the sub is properly done. It is also contributing to the actual rating. 

• Like 4

Well who wouldn’t talk about their kiss? I mean your just like a stone if you ignore it! Hahaha of course with their sizzling chemistry their kiss is worth the ‘buZz’ :D I’m excited because tomorrow is Tuesday my fave day of the week! 

• Like 4

During Episode 10, when Ryan asked Deok Mi when did her heart flutter and it really makes me wonder when was that. 

I think it's during either the bathroom scene when she saw how gentle can Ryan be actually or when she was taking photos for both Ryan and Writer Noh during teatime and she started smiling while taking photos of Ryan. 

What do you all think? 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, sillygal said:

During Episode 10, when Ryan asked Deok Mi when did her heart flutter and it really makes me wonder when was that. 

I think it's during either the bathroom scene when she saw how gentle can Ryan be actually or when she was taking photos for both Ryan and Writer Noh during teatime and she started smiling while taking photos of Ryan. 

What do you all think? 

I think when she got home after the overnight tripe and starts going through all the pictures she took of Ryan.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, sksen said:

I think when she got home after the overnight tripe and starts going through all the pictures she took of Ryan.

@sksen I agree with you too. She was so immersed with all the photos of Ryan~ :wub:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sillygal said:

What do you all think? 

i think it's when she edit the photos of them together (the "fake" dating) for Shi An My Life website..  and for the first time in her life she feels "hot" for another man besides Shi An :P

• Like 9

Coffee truck for KJW from actor Lee Joon Hyuk. In the past, KJW also sent one to LJH for his drama. 

• Like 8