Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

My two brothers and father is certified kdrama fan lol! My dad all time fave Was Jumong, he is a retired military officer that why. Anyway there are a lot of male drama fan around the globe they are just timid in fan boying. Lol!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, annie1234 said:

I guess after the exhibition and all the Lee Seol mysteries unsolved, Ryan will be back to US as an artist again and hopedully he will bring Deok Mi along with him so she can further her studies abroad.

I really hope that the ending will be different. On the contrary, Ryan should stay in Korea with the DM. He has to find a mom. And he must have a family that will be big and loving. In this family he will be with Deok Mi, idol, parents of DM and maybe even Eun Gi. Leo always worried that he was lonely and his hand was empty, so in the final he had to get a lot of people who would go hand in hand with him.^_^

• Like 14
  • Love 3

I think RG will stay in Korea if he is gg to be with DM, he enjoys DM family warmth. 

• Like 8

Hmm I never even considered that RG would return to the US.. I might have missed any conversations that occurred in the drama where he mentioned this? I do get easily distracted by the romance lol I don't think he'll go back to the US. RG is a very closed person so the fact that he has opened up his heart, for me, makes it seem as though he'd definitely stay in Korea with DM. Unless DM decides to pursue her artist career again and there are better opportunities overseas? Regardless, as long as they're together, it doesn't matter too much to me :D

Rewatching the episodes and the part where DM comes out of the bathroom at SA's apartment soaking wet has me in stitches, it is so funny! RG can't even ask her why she did it cos it's so random and unexplainable hahahahaha and the part where DM is happily photoshopping the wrong pic just kills me haha she looks so satisfied and blissful only for it to be RG :joy:

I don't know about everyone else but stalking this thread and the KJW/PMY shipper thread has become like a daily habit for me :joy: As soon as my kids are asleep, I'm back in here haha I love when a drama makes you this obsessed! I just can't get enough of these two!!

• Like 19

I don't think he'll be going back to the US either, maybe it'll be used in some plot point to potentially separate them, but eventually RG deciding to stay in Korea with DM. RG loves DM's family and vice versa, and RG being someone who hasn't had a family, he will surely treasure staying with them. 

I hope it ends beyond their marriage and shows some kind of epilogue with them having kids. Maybe wishful thinking, but that would be the ideal ending. 

@LjI'm sure there are dozens upon dozens of us! Hiding in plain sight most likely, watching while everyone's asleep lmao. 

• Like 13

Does anyone know the title song for this drama? It is not in OST released so far. I really like the song. Tried to search "Your Precious Little Girl" also didnt return any result. 

• Like 4

I've spent all my time since Thursday on Tumblr, YouTube etc, just imbibing on everything HPL and collecting GIFS. Also, watching HPL ep10 countless times. The last time I was this crazed was during My Ahjussi days (still not over that one). 

After all the time I have spent on HPL and related stuff, I think I have come to a place where I can forgive Eun Go and Choi Da Out for being bad second leads. lol. I wish them well. They should possibly end up together, which I assume, is what we are being set up for with their bickering about the OTP. They are two people with big hearts who just happen to love people who cannot reciprocate their affection. Maybe they can heal one another. They actually do look physically compatible (and he can show her his abs and she can paint them with a judo mascot). 

If I am to be asked when this drama finally made sense for me, it was definitely when they went to look for the hermit Writer. Listening to DM and RG analyse that pic and their conversation in that cabin was the path the drama carved into my heart. (The scene should have ended with a morning kiss that remains a memory of their time away from real life, but hey, episode 10 more than compensates!!!). 

I generally favour slower dramas and movies where the leads connect through talking and sharing of themselves. e.g. the "Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight" trilogy, a brilliant Filipino movie called "That Thing Called Tadhana" etc. @TheRoadtoPMY , since you are Filipino and a romance addict, I recommend that movie. I love Filipino movies! Also watch an Indian film called "The Lunchbox".

I totally stan Writernim the intellectual! The way she wove the hilarious lesbian storyline with DM and her BFF, the discussion about the love between Photographer and Writer and other small conversations littered in the episodes show her awesome mind! I can't wait for more of her dramas!!

Even as we analyse the skinship, I'm thinking about how I gasped at the hug after the kiss. The kiss is what it is, lusty and HOT, but the hug changed the tone in a second. It symbolised to me, "I really like you DM". He doesn't just want to nail her azz like two of those wooden planks, he likes and appreciates her. They're kissing on one another, they stop and stare at one another, he draws her in for a hug like the smoove man he is..... I'm not lying when I said I gasped. And as far as I can tell, that hug must have confused PMY to some extent because she was in a hurry to get out!!!:D 

TVN heard our cry for the BTS of ep 10, but didn't give us what we wanted. We suffered the same fate after the beautiful kiss scene in Clean With Passion For Now. JTBC refused to provide BTS, I assume in consideration of the actors.  Perceptions in Korea about the kiss scene would probably have made life difficult for the actors.... you know how those sasaengs and netizens are.

Most importantly, WHERE IS WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!!

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4

i need to rewatch to confirmed RG wore converse shoes instead of formal shoes he used to wear. RG is what a fangirls need. being supportive and as handsome as idol himself..hahahaha

• Like 11

It so great to see how more  and more people start come here and said how they loved HPL, you know I feel like I'm came back in time , remember Healer time when ratings was low but  int. viewers like it sooo much that this drama became a big hit.  I feel here the same amazing vibes. You all so great!

• Like 13
  • Love 2

On 5/10/2019 at 11:34 PM, fangirldeokjil94 said:

Ha  - don't think it happens that fast and she was in a different outfit (more house outfit and not her pantsuit style) (also like I said I think it takes a lot of editing to make it the cohesive story we see. in reality it is a lot of short scenes together and switching camera angles (you know those split second changes we don't even realise... yeah.. poor video editor...).. I totally feel the need to say it was FOUR hours of cold.. not TWO... and saja-sekki did not even let me take a photo with him.. LIKE SJ SAID.. he should be put on trial and locked up... hahaha SNIFF.

Hahah... no I think I didn't describe it accurately... the PD team was telling her to shush.. because she was telling her daughter some story quite loudly.. and she said WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO KEEP QUIET... bla bla bla... #grandmalyfe #thuglyfe

Ha - I just hope they were not annoyed.. but the logical part of me says that they should like their fans, because to be fair, without fans, KJW (and any other star for that matter, wouldn't be that famous... haha it is us who are hyping him, viral-ing the hashtags, begging TVN for BTS....) Ha - I am from Malaysia but have lived and worked overseas for a number of years now... :)

They do have chemistry.. praying v v v v v hard for this ship to sail. THINK OF THEIR BABIES..

I think he admits, in the BTS in the introductory video for HPL, that PMY "brightens" him up.. I think that's true.. he isn't broody or anything but just not.. I don't know, I think if you wanna compare, you can see it from his insta posts and comparing it to some other, more "extrovert" actors like say, Ji Chang Wook and Lee Min Ho, who always posts silly stuff on their insta and random videos of themselves, and has cute captions wishing fans good morning, etc.. I don't think uri KJW oppa is as "friendly" as them even on insta.. his captions are all quite short... pardon me for thinking this but I feel like he is abit... how you say.. awkward with Social Media.. like he isn't really a "millennial" so probably does not know how to use it well.. LOL AHJUSSI KJW.. sorry haha I feel like if he used his platform more interactively he would definitely definitely have more followers than he did before....and even now...

I guess he is a lot older, and I overheard the PD team saying that yesterdays scene were "intense" so he was probably getting into character for it...

:) I figured.. well.. they don't know me. and I am not staying in Seoul for long so even if I make a HUGE embarrassment of myself, I am leaving soon and everyone will forget ANYWAY... hahahaha

Ha - see above I think I did not describe grandma properly. actually I remember now that after she walked away... THEY WALKED ANOTHER ROUND BACK TO THE SAME PLACE AND SHE DID THE SAME THING... JUST TALKING TO HER DAUGHTER LOUDLY.. poor helmeoni must have been abit deaf hahhahhhaha lol thank you for all these questions you are reminding me again how fun it was (when I was there I was just really nervous so I didn't really dare to laugh too loud haha)

Funny story about the crutches... I do have them, but I left them at the office because they are SO HARD to walk around in.. hence just limping very lame-ly around... which I suppose added to the hilarity... re resting my foot it is just a road so unfortunately i was just standing... needless to say my foot hurts a lot more now that it did before #dedication lol it should be fine if I keep it in splints for the next month or so....

well I hope uri KJW oppa I hope you were entertained by this sorry sight at least and if it made you feel that little bit more loved I am all the happier for it... even in the cold...

Yup it is this one... I think this was by one of the girls that came later! I didn't film much as the PD team was saying we weren't allowed to do so...

OMG you're a Malaysian wahhhhhhhhhhh:love:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Oksana Sutra said:

It so great to see how more  and more people start come here and said how they loved HPL, you know I feel like I'm came back in time , remember Healer time when ratings was low but  int. viewers like it sooo much that this drama became a big hit.  I feel here the same amazing vibes. You all so great!

I still remember Healer time when we all goes crazy over the chemistry between PMY & JCW with them of just holding hand and the blindfolded PMY kissed by JCW...and also the craziness of doing the global special project for the Healer cast.. i wish we have a team that can do the same to HPL cast and let them know that international fans love the drama so much..:lol:

• Like 14
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, 50okie said:

EG has no right to dictate who DM should be around, not because he as MERELY a friend, a brother.  NO ONE, even RG as the best boyfriend in the world has the right.   Interestingly, RG was trying to dictate EG out of DM's life when he said "DM is my girlfriend. So this i between her and me. It's none of your business. " Heloooo! DM is a grown up and human being, not just a girl friend of yours.  DM was only asking to not be seen at the moment, just that moment.  Please accept that.  (Didn't dare to type this out last night, cos RG is too perfect.  Too perfect that he can do no wrong?)

RG is a perfect boyfriend, the gold standard and all fangirls want to find someone of this gold standard, as a boyfriend, a mate, a son in law, even fathers would want to find someone like him too as a son in law. But as a human being, like everyone else, Ryan is imperfect. However, these imperfections are what makes him perfect and unique because of his self awareness and acceptance and making those imperfections work for him.

In this situation, RG just confirmed that they were indeed in a relationship and he gave her a necklace and revealed that the night he was going to tell her he wanted to end the fake dating was when he picked up the gift for her because he was going to confess and that he wanted to date for real. This woman is hiding from him behind another man's back whom is not her boyfriend but her friend, because she is afraid to reveal her secret/private life which her boyfriend already knows but she does not know he knows. He was not dictating, he was simply telling the way it is. That the issue of why she is hiding from him is between him and his girlfriend. She is hiding because she is very insecure of this new relationship and that her new boyfriend might not understand. So the issue is between the lovebirds nothing to do with EG. 

EG's reaction is also understandable. He has been protecting and been a brother to 
DM all his life. DM's knee jerk reaction was to hide behind his "brother's" back. EG's reaction is also a gut reaction to protect DM especially when DM was the one who hid behind his back, he was not the one who hid her. In fact when EG first saw Ryan going up the steps, he stopped walking and said to DM, "Lion is here" or something to that effect. Men are by nature protective, so when someone they care about is in "danger" their tendency is to protect especially when it was DM hiding behind EG, that initiated his protective instincts. EG also did not know that DM and RG are already in a relationship and did nor know that this was a lover's quarrel or business. So, for me his reaction is understandable. However, EG had no business telling a stranger he just met that DM and RG are fake dating. That was pure self protection and nothing to do about protecting DM.

I would ascribe this whole fiasco/misunderstanding to DM's actions. DM seems green when it comes to romantic relationships, she is in love with this man but unsure of Ryan's feelings when it comes to her imagined faults that her new boyfriend might not accept. But that is also true of people who first fall in love and are trying put their best face first while trying to get to know each other. Insecurities of imagined or real faults/secrets begin to surface as the relationship progresses. It is what both partners do when those faults or secrets do surface that could make or break the relationship. Although DI telling half truth to DM was sly, she has a point. DM's feelings for Ryan made her insecure and afraid and concluded falsely that Ryan wanted to end fake dating so he can be free to date another woman. She was very afraid of getting hurt. Because if she were secure, she would have gone herself to Ryan and asked if it was true that he wanted to end the fake dating and let Ryan tell her what she wanted to know. All her angst in episode 9 was self caused. Ryan is self assured and confident men usually are attracted to confident women. So, hopefully this drama will be a step away from the usual girlfriend needing much re-assurance from the boyfriend, that the next episodes will make DM as secure as she was before she developed feelings for Ryan because Ryan is going to need a confident DM by his side when all the secrets come out of the woodwork and one he trusts to tell his secrets to. (one drama that I loved because of the confident, self reliant and courageous heroine is LL even though there was lots of unreality in that drama, but it was fun and made it more dear to me because of the heroine). Anyhow, I would want to see a DM who will not be embarassed to tell Ryan if he asks, when it was that she first liked him. I would like her to poke fun at Ryan telling him that she first liked him when he thought she had a fling with her bestie and went to judo contest with EG to protect her supposed "secret" and laugh about it or the time he listened to her explanation of the anyeong photos, "you had me at anyeong-hello" and he in turn tells her about the things he noticed and liked about her. However it is done, I want a confident DM that could say, Ryan loves me and I him. 

DI is a successful artist in her own right, yet left NY to chase after Ryan all the way to SK and settled herself in SK. Ryan had already confirmed that he does not want any romantic involvement with her and that he and DM are in a real relationship. It is funny though that she admits she was embarrased and blames EG for her embarassment when EG told her about the fake dating. But she got Ryan to admit her feelings for DM when she pointed out that Ryan was jealous and he admitted it. She embarrassed herself when she told DM half truth before Ryan could tell DM about his newfound feelings and that he wanted to date for real. Now EG finds out the truth about RG/DM and will probably blame DI. The bickering between the two had already started. I think that this 2 will realize that they would rather be besties with RG and DM than lose them as friends. 

Ryans quest: 

As for Ryan's quest to find the painter Lee Sol, I think that Si An will be the key character.  Si An in all his interactions with Ryan brings up the Lee Sol paintings and his interest in Ryan started with Lee Sol paintings. He was the one who started calling Ryan hyung. He went to Ryan's home with the chicken order to tell Ryan that he will participate in the exhibit as a collector as long as he is not the focus of attention but the paintings and Ryan assured him that the purpose of the exhibit is to get attention for the art and the artists not the collector. Si An calls Ryan to look over the paintings when he finds a new one. He knows that there are 9 paintings in total but does not tell Ryan how he knows when Ryan asked and Ryan does not tell him that he has 2 paintings that he did not obtain the paintings for a client but for himself. Si An wants to meet the client but Ryan ignores him. SA also thought that Ryan and DM were real dating and hence started calling DM curator noona. At the meeting with DI, SA was talking about Ryan and himself being fated to meet and why he thought so but Ryan was thinking of DM. I am wondering why Ryan does not feel the same way as SA, that there is somehow some connection or that their meeting was somehow fated. Maybe he is curious but he is scared or afraid of that connection as he is averse to holding hands because fear of being cut loose?

That brings me to think about DI. Something did happen between DI and Ryan that Ryan wants to forget or not want to discuss or ask about, 3 years ago when he stopped painting. How did DI know about what happened to him and what does she know aside from Ryan buying the Lee Sol painting? It must have been a situation, where Ryan was not as self controlled and inadvertently said something very personal that he regrets doing and not want to discuss about. Ryan did say to his psychiatrist that he tried hypnosis, medications and counseling for 3 years unsuccessfully, hmmmmm. DI also asked if the reason Ryan asked her to be the visual artist for SA was because of the Lee Sol paintings. We have no idea what SA and DI talked about after Ryan left the meeting. They say that curiosity kills the cat but I think DI's curiosity is spurred and she might just do her own research about the paintings and the connection to SA and Ryan. I am curious what she knows and how she knew. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4

Posted (edited)

I was planning to wait until the whole drama is completed, but now I'm shipping on board and excitedly waiting for the upcoming weeks with my heart exploding at the cliffhanger of each episode!

I got a bit impatient and haven't read through all the posts yet.  I was wondering in the latest Preview for Ep11.  Does anyone have a theory on why RG is crying with tears rolling down his cheeks while sitting on his bed??

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1uGAEkZMgwHn9ym96

Edited by luckionesky
  • Like 8

I'm tempted to start watch  Voice 1 while waiting for episode 12. Anyone here would recommend that I should watch Voice 1?

• Like 6

If any of you are interested in watching kjw being adorable as a patissier....try antique bakery...just watched that when I started trawling through YouTube...after being introduced to the phenomenon of Ryan gold....

havent found a clear version but the movie is very cute as is he in this movie....

in voice he plays a pretty creepy chap...so that would be up to ones mood...

someone pointed out that the second wrist kiss may have been an adlib...cos when I rewatched the scene...pmy does look directly at the camera:blink:

the bts of the wall chat about the tent was so cute that they should have used it in the actual scene...especially when pmy went waeeee

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, sksen said:

I'm tempted to start watch  Voice 1 while waiting for episode 12. Anyone here would recommend that I should watch Voice 1?

Yes, I recommend you to watch Voice 1. You will never forget this dashing, hot & sexy psychopath, Mo Tae Gu! 

You may watch The Guest as well and you'll fall in love with father Mateo. Can't wait for the movie sequel for The Guest.

Back to HPL, I strongly believe the ad-lib was by mutual consent. Both have so much respect towards each other and professional, which I doubt KJW will ad-lib and put PMY in surprise. 

Edited by Brocolli
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

i keep on replaying this drama episodes over and over again.  kim jae wook / ryan gold looks so freaking handsome and cute in all scenes from all angles, in any clothes or makeup or place. plz increase the ratings. he looks like model/ hero jumped out of manga/ manhwa. he even fits the character of ' ceo in what's wrong with secretary kim. even actress looks comfortable with him more. do more drama please as main lead in rom com.

• Like 10

Dunno, why, but So Ji Sub's "I am sorry, I love you" popped in my mind.  

Anyways, my wild guess.  The person that SA called 'mother' is LeSol. She told SA, she painted a total of 9 paintings. She wished to have all the paintings back.  Maybe she is trying to reconnect with her long lost Son - Ryan.  

In one of the meeting at RG office, SA proposed to have an artist perform in the exhibition.  Maybe the artist is Lesol.  

A bit worrisome, as we are at ep 10 and the story line has not started addressing the Lesol mystery.  

Please please writer nim, don't be make the storyline too makjang. But please don't dumb down the issues just to please the typical Korean viewers.   Please don't destroy this beautiful drama with a bleh ending,  just like BTIMFL.  :astonished:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I didn’t make it to the ending of BTIMFL

now I’m curious ...loved esom in it and Lee minki...who actually looks a little like kjw...cheekbones...

hopefully it doesn’t descend into makjang territory...I have faith in pmy n her script choices....though with all the flashbacks I am a little afraid...

• Like 4

/Typing this while listening to HPL OSTs/

Posting this since I last created and posted in this forum three years ago. Haha i guess you can guess that from my username. Yes I created this account to comment in the forum of my previous ship that sailed! 

Was a silent lurker and finally decided to comment because I can't stop thinking about this! The chemistry is off the roof and I am a shipper of this couple, I can't get enough of ep 10 and have been rewatching the sweet moments because I can't get over it. This is the drama I've been watching for the chemistry since DOTS and I must admit I skip the other scenes excluding DM and RG. 

I am a firm believer that the ship will sail, i'm delulu i know but a girl can dream can't she? 

Haha I can't get enough of the BTS bc the glimpses of them off-screen just further gives me hope that this ship going somewhere. :wub:

I've watched other BTS of PMY in WWWSK and she isn't as comfortable with PSJ  and given what I've read other commenters have said, I believe there is something going on between them!!!! I want to say I want to respect them because they are humans before they are actors and are entitled to their private space but I am really really hopeful. 

Now all I'm waiting for is for them to make more public appearances.. A post-drama vacay? And for them to couple up and attend the year end award shows.. but that is too long of a wait tbh. Sigh this drama has turned me to a fangirl!! I have not been so into celebs since I stopped following sehun from exo a few years back .. 

This drama is so real in that it doesn't approach a BGR in the typical way you see most dramas do it. Both the male and female lead don't fall into the typical stereotypes you see in kdrama and are honest with their feelings, which I really like. This drama is so sincere and warm it makes me want to root for the couple irl.. 

I'm not a big PMY fan but I know her bc she is Jessica from SNSD's friend and jessica is my bias :)

I've had an opportunity to see her upclose though thanks to a media friend who got an invite to her sg trip with viu! haha I even got to ask her a question! She is as pretty irl and her sis stays in Singapore! :D So she knows a bit of English. 

This drama has introduced me to KJW and I must say I am a convert! He may look cold and distant but he seems so warm when you get to know him! He intrigues me and I have been watching his interviews :blush:

:relaxed:  I will continue to come back to this forum for updates and follow this drama. :heart:

• Like 18
  • Love 1