Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

44 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

1. Both of their ears were red from the kissing scenes.... i mean it was kinda long... and with so many people looking, who wouldn't be embarrassed, hahaha

2. The other office curators are dating?

3. Ryan knew that DM's feeling towards EG is only brotherly and nothing romantic, hence I hope it will be a cute 'argument' between the two of them, since Ryan knew all along of DM's obsession and perhaps taking advantage of it.

4. What was SJ's husband programme all about? And why does it have Ryan and DM's picture on it?

5. Bus date, reminds me of the other one (date) earlier this year, in another drama ... heheh (peace!) :)

4. it's basically portraying fangirls in negative lights.

When he did the interview with Sian's fangirls, he told them that it'd be portraying fangirling in positive lights (he even lied that the title would be Supernatural Fangirls). He also stole the pics from his wife's laptop for his shows, most probably without knowing the whole story. Hence, SoonJo has every right to be angry.

Anyway, hello everyone in this thread *waves

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

The way he look at her...my goshhh... Kim Jae Wook!!! What you have done to us?? Why so you're perfect??? 

Hey... Love his look. That's so real. Maybe, it's real because today TvN has no BTS :blink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

"The more impressive thing is that he does not fly into a burning rage even when he sees Eun Gi walking out of Deok Mi’s place with her, dressed in the same clothes that he saw Eun Gi walk in the night before. He stands there and waits patiently." 

"There is just so much to like about him. He has self-awareness and an ability for self-reflection. He listens to people and what they really have to say, Deok Mi and also others. The fact that he was setting up the cutlery despite being among his subordinates and being a man, the fact that he’s making sure everyone gets a bowl of the soup is quite a big thing considering how almost all the male superiors in any K-drama would definitely have the female intern do all these… Given, he did grow up in the US, making him a gyopo/foreigner but I would still call it a milestone in the K-drama world. He is quick to apologise when needed and is patient in dealing with even frustrating situations. It isn’t that he doesn’t lose his cool but that he is willing to apologise."

Thank you @mellinadear for posting this. Looking at what "rorodawnchorus" wrote, perhaps this is what the writer of this show wishes men, or perhaps Korean men to behave like. It is indeed rare for a person to exhibit such maturity and equanimity. So, portraying RG as such a man is the writer's way of establishing a role model. At one time, because of DOTS, Korean men were somewhat 'pressured' by their wives to behave the way the main actor did and even a military general or two, called him a great role model. While this show is nowhere close to the ratings received, it is a step, although a tiny one, perhaps in pushing for such a change. We can but hope.

@LoveMY1224 - On the surface, HPL seems shallow and stereotypical of a rom-com. But with deeper analysis, RG demonstrates a set of behaviours placing him far above the average male, and DM pays tribute to all us fangirls with her sheer persistence, dedication and professionalism, that CEOs of Fortune 100 companies would envy and die for to have in their employees. Still, how many watch a show wanting to look beyond the obvious, when it's probably easier to just see what appears on the surface. :rolleyes:

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

So, tvn is not going to give us the bts, huh? I wonder what’s wrong hmm :phew:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

11 minutes ago, LoveMY1224 said:

KJW is This kind of talented actor, I can’t control myself & will start watching all his movies/ drama after HPL, not because he’s handsome or sexy, but eager to know how he performed in different roles. [surprisingly read from Magazine, KJW said he accepts offers if he thinks it’s attractive & interesting & doesn’t mind if he’s not a leading role]

Tom Cruise, of course he is very rich/ famous/ high influence/ most said he’s handsome/successfully at Mission Impossible series, but he’s not that “Type” of actor, you won’t see his SOUL from his movies.

I don’t really understand the taste of Korean & why HPL rating is not too high, maybe they think tvN release too many love stories “Encounter”, “Touch Your Heart“ these few couple of months?

Just want to say HPL is really successful, I love MY & KJW’s amazing chemistry; HPL’s script is very good, not only narrowly mention about Fangirls, but is talking about a man (Ryan has a perfect character) with deep inside sorrow who meet a cheerful woman (Fangirl + Professional Curator), they get to know each other more on every episode/ how Deok-Mi goes inside Ryan’s heart/ with same passion on Art/ fall in love together/Deok-mi won’t be afraid of getting hurt & learn to love and accept love/ she will show more caring & to help Ryan overcome his sorrow. 

Some people are comparing HPL with MY’s previous dramas/ partners, said HPL rating is lower/ using kisses scene to draw more attention/ trying to downgrade KJW. Some said MY & KJW are just ACTING but not REAL. How did they know? It is ridiculous a pair of lovers (actor & actress) not showing their passion & real feeling, if so, you won’t feel their chemistry & HPL won’t draw a lot of attention from worldwide (gain more international fans).

YEAH, love your long post. Totally agree with. I also know KJW is special actor, he doesn't mind main lead or not. I watched his "The guest" drama, and I don't think how he could become a sweet Ryan like that from his gaze to his kiss. That's so real.

That's a pity about the rating but I think KJW and Min Young were successful.

BTW I watched WWWSK, but I droped from ep 4. I don't know why :P

991218475CD44F3C10

• Like 12
  • Love 4

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Thank you @mellinadear for posting this. Looking at what "rorodawnchorus" wrote, perhaps this is what the writer of this show wishes men, or perhaps Korean men to behave like. It is indeed rare for a person to exhibit such maturity and equanimity. So, portraying RG as such a man is the writer's way of establishing a role model. At one time, because of DOTS, Korean men were somewhat 'pressured' by their wives to behave the way the main actor did and even a military general or two, called him a great role model. While this show is nowhere close to the ratings received, it is a step, although a tiny one, perhaps in pushing for such a change. We can but hope.

So much this. Women and men have been conditioned into believing that the invasion of a woman's self space and asserting dominance over someone is romantic if it's done by a romantic partner-to-be. Grabbing wrists forcefully, calling a person "my woman", not giving someone the initiative to make their own decisions when it comes to with whom they associate with, none of these are sexy or romantic. The male lead treating the female like a weakling is something that really irritates me about k-dramas, and the reason why I don't watch many unfortunately. Ryan is the true exemplary boyfriend material that should be.

Quoting from the tumblr post shared by @mellinadear:

He discusses with Deok Mi in a manner where he rationalises and explains his personal thoughts without disregarding the fact that Deok Mi sees Eun Gi as a brother, someone who is like a twin because they grew up together. He assures her that he does not doubt what kind of relationship Deok Mi thinks they both share but he points out calmly that Eun Gi may not see her in the same light. It indicates that they both enter this relationship as an adult who have lived their lives and have people around them that may know them better as individuals but that there is no intention to rob anyone of such personal relationship with those people (ie. Choi Da In for Ryan and Eun Gi for Deok Mi).

I said again and again that I find EG's behaviour ill-judged and destructive, but only did so by looking at it from DM's perspective, because that's the person who he is hurting. I'm not worried about the OTP at all. EG is breaking their 30 something year old sibling relationship. That's a huge blow to DM. Not to mention that I would be quite angry with Ryan too if he were to insert himself between DM and EG in a way that disrespects DM's connection to EG. The same goes for Da In. 

Edited by Artheusa
added more thoughts.
  • Like 10
  • Love 4

I think this is the first kdrama that I've watched where I find myself unable to stop smiling the entire time, and I've watched almost all the mainstream dramas since 2011. Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young seriously have SUCH great chemistry. It doesn't only feel real, but surreal. I thought PMY and PSJ's chemistry in WWWSK could never be topped, but after seeing the trailers and pre-airing making videos I couldn't even remember who PSJ was lol

And THAT kiss (it's more of a makeout session hhh) was so intense. The way they held on to each other, how their bodies were touching, and the way their hands moved across each other's bodies. I CAN'T. Somebody save me.

I seriously need that BTS vid asap!

Did the video editor die while editing cuz they couldn't breathe the whole time? 

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

34 minutes ago, Doramy said:

YEAH, love your long post. Totally agree with. I also know KJW is special actor, he doesn't mind main lead or not. I watched his "The guest" drama, and I don't think how he could become a sweet Ryan like that from his gaze to his kiss. That's so real.

That's a pity about the rating but I think KJW and Min Young were successful.

BTW I watched WWWSK, but I droped from ep 4. I don't know why :P

@Doramy good thing you reach ep 4.... Me i didnt even manage to complete the first ep. and i also dont know why...... please convince me why i should watch it???

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

4. it's basically portraying fangirls in negative lights.

When he did the interview with Sian's fangirls, he told them that it'd be portraying fangirling in positive lights (he even lied that the title would be Supernatural Fangirls). He also stole the pics from his wife's laptop for his shows, most probably without knowing the whole story. Hence, SoonJo has every right to be angry.

Anyway, hello everyone in this thread *waves

Anyong! :)  - Thanks for replying. I'm just curious why of all the picture that was used, the ones with Ryan and DM was used in the end . I wonder if SJ's husband outed DM's identity. I guess it might just be a mistake :)

1 hour ago, mellinadear said:
Ryan Gold, the Ideal Type: Raising new golden standards for K-drama male leads

There is so much about this character that is admirable but at the same time, feels almost impossible. 

The fact that this character has been this consistent is amazing: the way he handles most things with such calmness continues to impress (with the exception of 2 instances: when he yelled at Song Curator for telling the artist that his exhibition is cancelled and when he saw her standing in his room where he kept the paintings by Lee Sol). And also, needless to say, there will be spoilers ahead for those who have yet to watch ep.10.

Reveal hidden contents

Let's credit it to him being 'American' hence he doesn't fit the stereotypes :D. He is way too calm and way too accommodating that it feels unreal at some point.  Reminds me of another drama, Angel Eyes, when Lee Sang Yoon's character DJ always is the understanding guy regardless of how mean Goo Hye-Sun's Soo Wan was to him.  Well DJ (aka Dylan) was also brought up in the USA, so the common link for Gold Standard men, is the USA. :D

Ok, where is that BTS... 'looking at the clock'..... they are late this week.... :lol:

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, rcalma said:

@Doramy good thing you reach ep 4.... Me i didnt even manage to complete the first ep. and i also dont know why...... please convince me why i should watch it???

Maybe, that's not our style rom-com. In WWWSK romance scenes, I feel their acting technique (PMY and PSJ). Now, in this drama, I feel "nature" like breath between KJW and PMY. Hahaha :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

about the ratings, it is considered normal as this drama is aired on cable drama (tvN). If i am not mistaken, cable drama ratings if compared to main channel (KBS, SBS, MBC) ratings, you need to time by 3.5 to 4. So if HPL gets 2.5% it means it is equivalent to 10% in normal channel, so that is considered average or slightly above average. 

I don't mind much about ratings now, I am more focus on which channel the drama aired. And almost all the time cable dramas are better quality. Just look at the recent Baeksang award (similar to grammys in korea) all drama nomination are from cable channel. 

Contentwise, I think HPL is good, fresh and unique. The writer is creative enough to write about fangirl who most pppl though are a  bunch of ppl wasting their time. She wanted to show that most fangirls lead double life and it is a kind of passion and it is not wrong. 

Just my 2 cents regarding ratings so that we won;t feel down about it. 

• Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, LoveMY1224 said:

Just want to say HPL is really successful, I love MY & KJW’s amazing chemistry; HPL’s script is very good, not only narrowly mention about Fangirls, but is talking about a man (Ryan has a perfect character) with deep inside sorrow who meet a cheerful woman (Fangirl + Professional Curator), they get to know each other more on every episode/ how Deok-Mi goes inside Ryan’s heart/ with same passion on Art/ fall in love together/Deok-mi won’t be afraid of getting hurt & learn to love and accept love/ she will show more caring & to help Ryan overcome his sorrow. 

Some people are comparing HPL with MY’s previous dramas/ partners, said HPL rating is lower/ using kisses scene to draw more attention/ trying to downgrade KJW. Some said MY & KJW are just ACTING but not REAL. How did they know? It is ridiculous a pair of lovers (actor & actress) not showing their passion & real feeling, if so, you won’t feel their chemistry & HPL won’t draw a lot of attention from worldwide (gain more international fans).

Can't agree with you more. I'm quite sure that The Director said the story will shift from DM's fangirling over her idol to her boyfriend at press-con. DM's friends also said that when EG asked how she got married. However, those childish ones think they are changing the topic and adding kisses scene to draw rating. I called them childish because when I was scrolling IG, I come across someone who is posting screenshot series of  PMY's previous drama rating news and potraying HPL as a bad thing. Even saying PMY's effort become a waste.

I have seen PMY in City Hunter but that time she didn't catch my attention. (As I am Manga fan, I'm disappointed with City Hunter but for some reasons that I don't remember, I watch till to end. LoL ) PMY caught my attention in tvN's variety show with Lee Joon Gi. I was like "oh, I have a feeling  she can act well. She is nice and adorable". And now I see her performance and really enjoy it. Like when she is searching how RG will reacts on web, got frustrated with negative answers then suddenly RG called her and she carried that frustration on is so lovely. She is now one of my favourite.

Btw, speaking of Tony Leung, KJW did mention his films in one of the radio show. Maybe he learnt from watching them. LoL

• Like 8

Loved how , she change quickly :D , from come to me with everything to you not allowed to badmouthing him anymore  :sweat_smile::joy: , even say a word against him - that my lion :tounge_wink:

146521CC-3E8F-40C9-AFA5-14CE2ED52978.gif

Spoiler

E200730D-1958-4AB3-87B0-2F30F58A4131.gif

9096FC0F-5BD0-427F-AF20-E975D0EE503F.gif

F19D703D-E984-4EE5-B046-AAC2DD31E3EF.gif

Spoiler

457DDD35-4F6E-448C-B58B-9E5F97F2535B.gif

EB3F0FD9-8FC5-4A91-A860-C9156865E965.gif

15574818301557481825.gif

DAD6B242-5E56-4C47-A435-4800C1902B8C.gif

* love this drama , it’s so funny :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 12

One point I noted on my replays: I have been wondering why DM has a knack of ruining RG's clothes - because she does it at every single opportunity lol

In ep 10, on the rooftop date, he tells her that she has ruined a lot of his clothes until now when she drops a kimbap on his pants. and she responds that she has ruined only two, and he changes the topic, because he realised that he forgot that SNG nim is not yet out of the closet.

I really love the attention to details they have in this drama :wub:

And the fact that RG noticed she was really troubled when she had told Latte that if "she can't smile after seeing SA, she's really sick". I love it!

That said, if she doesn't know he's latte nim and shares her embarrassment, it would be so hilarious! And it would be even more funny when she realizes all her faux pas one by one, slowly, from the diary thing to meeting him in the airport, to fangirling, to tulips, Cindy, messaging on twitter, not bringing him to her house...it will be a treat to watch! And when she reads through her conversations with latte nim, and realizes he watch 700+ videos of white ocean to become a VIP... AHH! I CAN'T WAIT!

It is the first time I have fangirled this much over  a drama...I didn't do it even for the hottest dramas everyone had here, but I guess it is more because I absolutely love and relate to DM, and Kim Jae Wook is the hottest man I have seen! I am so glad PMY was also casted...it would have been a shame to put a person of less caliber here, I might have hated DM otherwise, but she can portray her vulnerable sides so well.

• Like 15
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, rcalma said:

I watched WWWSK ( don't expect too much ...just watch for the gorgeous actors) for PMY as she is great in every drama. Seven Day Queen was great and it was better than WWWSK in term of story telling. 

• Like 8

I like RG didn’t lose patience and also didn’t give up to see DM, i mean after what EG said to him. I don’t blame EG though, i kind of pity him. 

• Like 7