[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

4 hours ago, Norimah Sadan said:

Rather than tongue topic, i'm more curious if KJW had adlib the stroke hair, kiss cheek b4 kiss. Just like a lion - such a tease b4 going for the kill. My weak heart skipped a beat... 

He’s really a lion. WOW :w00t:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Annyeong! Passing by to say that this drama makes me feel less alone about being a fan girl. I see myself when Deok Mi gushes over Shi An. I just wish I had a friend in RL who fan girls over the same bias as I have, like how DM has Seon Joo. ^^

About the recent episode, the assertive part of me liked how DM made the first move of kissing RG (loved the scene more when RG's lips responded!); but at the same time, the conservative part of me was pleased that it was all imagination. As I've said in one article comment, this drama kind of breaks away from common tropes and cliches (speaking of how RG didn't catch DM as she fell from the ladder in Cheum Gallery; if he did, I would've rolled my eyes XD) and now this tough manly man called Ryan Gold didn't even try to deny that he was jealous when he first realized it. Maybe it was because he was artist... IDK. Also, Choi Da In's statement was actually technically accurate: "Ryan wants to end the fake relationship..." but she also knew the TRUTH behind those words ("...because he wants to make it real now"). The way she said those words to Deok Mi was a pretty dirty trick to play on her (much dirtier than Eun Gi's approach, IMO)... I actually wanted to throw at her all those furniture they arranged in her studio; after DM helped her with the lifting and arranging, she does that to her?! Sheesh.

Anyway, I appreciate how sweetly Ryan said "Sung Seok Mi-ssi" and the way he looked at her as she towards him... But then every sweet thing until those "break-up" words of DM, became bitter. Ugh. -_- If this painful scene is meant to build up a deeper realization of their love for each other, I'd endure. Haha. Just two more nights until the next episode!~ ^^

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

A scene of DM and EG bickered during family dinner and they challenged each other to have a partner of life just like them, i was thinking what if sindy meant for EG :lol: cuz i felt sindy is slowly turning into a good book plus sindy also a fangirl. LOL

• Like 7

I can’t stop myself to comment in this thread. Really love this drama! The director for this drama is the same with Live Up Your Name (Kim Nam Gill and Kim Ah Yong) and I hope they will give beautiful ending! 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

What I like most about reading everyone's different perspectives is that it forces us to question our own biases and assumptions about a character's behaviour. I thought again about whether I would be guilty of tolerating DM's behaviour if she behaved in a childishly petty and unprofessional manner in the office because she is reeling from the "break-up". I'll reserve my comments until after Episode 9 when we get to see the full context of her interactions with RG.

That said, I feel like I can totally understand why she's upset with RG even though theirs was a fake relationship. If you think about it, RG did go out of the way to help and protect her (even if we disregard all the instances in which he secretly protected her e.g. running after Cindy to prevent Cindy from exposing DM's identity as Sinigil fanclub's administrator, self-learning crash course to become a VIP member of Sinigil fanclub etc).  What DM witnessed and experienced: he offered to act as her boyfriend; he acceded to the demanding request to stage those intimate moment photos to create "evidence"; they genuinely enjoyed their "fake date" at the amusement park even after her friend stopped taking photos; he did the "thumb kiss" on the pretext of fooling Cindy (wouldn't hugging her achieve the same effect; RG did go for the extreme, though I'm not complaining LOL); he was friendly and respectful towards her parents, enough to win them over completely at the first meeting; he invaded her personal space when he was drunk; he ended up moving over to sleep right next to her at the artist's house. All these memorable and sometimes heart-fluttering moments added together made her think that he must harbour (some) feelings for her.

And she wasn't being delusional about it because the signs were there while not conclusive, though she did get carried away imagining that he was going to confess to her and ended up hurt when he didn't (yet). My take is that because of her own insecurities and uncertainties about whether he reciprocates her feelings (and this vulnerable state makes her believe too easily in Choi Da In's lies about Ryan's intentions), she chose to make a bad judgement call to pre-emptively end their fake relationship before RG could say anything further. I hope DM and RG resolve their misunderstanding by the end of Episode 9 and work on mending their relationship so that they can truly become a real couple.

The drama also needs time to resolve the other plot lines in the final 8 episodes: Lee Sol's paintings and the possible sibling relationship between Cha Si An and RG; who is RG's mother and what happened during his childhood; Seon Joo's husband and what he's planning to do with the stolen documents from Seon Joo's laptop; whether and how DM will deal with the fallout if her identity as Sinigil is exposed to the public.

I wish that it will be a mutual kiss when it finally really happens after they mutually affirm their feelings for each other. I wonder if the scriptwriter will make RG ask for consent in reality (would that be too unreal?).

Couldn't agree more of that you have written.    I didn't find it absurd when she hope/assumed RG was going to confess to her (instead he was just telling her about the CUpatch)  or her out on a date (end up its a meeting with SA).  Totally understand why she felt and ated the way she did that lead to the break up. 

BUT, at the moment,  the reason DM 'fell ' in love with RG is not different from ours, quite superficial.  Do note, we know more about RG (and what he did to help her) than she does. 

It's a different level how RG fell in love with DM, we witnessed the "annyeong" scene, DM offering her hands to be held.

Just wished we can see DM falling in love with RG for the right reason. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, AidanEden said:

A scene of DM and EG bickered during family dinner and they challenged each other to have a partner of life just like them, i was thinking what if sindy meant for EG :lol: cuz i felt sindy is slowly turning into a good book plus sindy also a fangirl. LOL

Aside from the stalking, she is ok. But with all the stalking that she does following DM and RG, i hope she will roots for the couple later and help them be together. LOL :D

• Like 8

Hi everyone :)

Im so fangirling with this kdrama that I actually want to discuss this with you all.

So I read some opinions regarding DM and RG relationship. Id like to just put a little opinion regarding their different feelings.

For me, although DM doesnt know that RG supports her 'fanatic' side, deep inside Im sure she knows he'll accept it. Shes just afraid to tell him due to their 'untasteful' first meeting.

And I dont really agree that her feelings for RG are low. I mean, she also have seen different sides of RG right and aporeciates it. Like the way he apologizes when he knows he's wrong, the way he protects her through their fake relationship, and plus points with the way he helped the child that was lost during their "date". Im sure that contributed to why she now finds herself editing his pictures. His characteristics plus good lucks did that.

And for RG,even though he started their fake relationship for the wrong reason, I love how he really was thorough with it. Everyone must have been shocked with their fake kiss :sweatingbullets:. (Hope their will be a true kiss on the next two episodes). And the way he supports her fangirling moments make me wanna squeal inside. Sorry EG, but DM already found someone who knows her other side and actually ACCEPTS AND SUPPORTS IT.

Cant wait for Ep 9 and 10. I think Ill be losing some sleep till the next one. Rewatching episode 8 until then :love:

• Like 16
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

So I'll just ask, anyone know what kind of flowers Ryan bought for the confession? They were pretty little puffy balls.. 

It's a kind of chrysanthemum... I think someone in this forum called it ball chrysanthemum 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, s00ki said:

Just wished we can see DM falling in love with RG for the right reason. 

I know right. RG is gold to us but DM must have the firm reason to attached to him.

But EG. EG is the person I hate the most. If only DM doesn't bring up anything about her feeling and do what SJ told, just wait first. RG could have confessed already:bawling:

At first I was really mad at DM for not giving RG chance to talk before she left. But then I realized - that's how her character, to be naive - don't know how to love. And she probably can't hold her tears any longer that's why she pushed away RG's hand. Also because she buys everything DI told that RG wants to end the fake relationship so she surely believed no more talk needed.

So it's okay Sung curator, I shall give time for you. 

Edited by xerrc
Character abv
  • Like 9

53 minutes ago, Chiena Mae Flores said:

Hi everyone :)

Im so fangirling with this kdrama that I actually want to discuss this with you all.

So I read some opinions regarding DM and RG relationship. Id like to just put a little opinion regarding their different feelings.

For me, although DM doesnt know that RG supports her 'fanatic' side, deep inside Im sure she knows he'll accept it. Shes just afraid to tell him due to their 'untasteful' first meeting.

And I dont really agree that her feelings for RG are low. I m ean, she also have seen different sides of RG right and aporeciates it. Like the way he apologizes when he knows he's wrong, the way he protects her through their fake relationship, and plus points with the way he helped the child that was lost during their "date". Im sure that contributed to why she now finds herself editing his pictures. His characteristics plus good lucks did that.

This!

I agree with you. The reason DM is also reacting like this is because she has already confused "interest with sympathy" when he began fake dating her to protect her "sexual minority group" status.

So everything before has been null and void because of that.

Also - it is not like fangirls love for shallow reasons - my fangirling over my bias is because I love his personality, his jokes, his attitude, his hard work, his perseverance, his helpful nature and how sweet he is to people around him - while we all see it from the screens, and it might be made up to a large extent, these are still not shallow reasons to like someone. The only thing shallow can be that we don't see the bad sides of our bias really well, and it paints a rosy picture. That's literally it.

DM also saw RG in all context with his bad sides and good, and without the screen - she saw him protecting her sexuality, his ready apologies (like you also mentioned). Show me ONE MAN who does that!), and generally keeping others and their interests in front of his own comfort. So far, RG's all actions can be dismissed as being such a nice human being and a helpful man, and not interest per se - like SJ said, and especially by someone who has stanned a lot.

That said, it is my psychological need to see RG having a happy family as soon as possible. Please. Give. My. Man. Lots. Of. Love.

• Like 13
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, s00ki said:

BUT, at the moment,  the reason DM 'fell ' in love with RG is not different from ours, quite superficial.  Do note, we know more about RG (and what he did to help her) than she does. 

You don’t always fall for someone for all the rightful reasons though. Many of the good Deok-mi witnessed in Ryan is enough for her to admire him deeply at this point. Trying to protect her supposed private relationship with SJ for instance, shows that he’s ready to go to big lengths for a person who he thinks is disadvantaged in society and being bullied for it. To me, being an ally is one of the sexiest and most honourable things a straight man can do.

Then Deokmi knows he’s a well known, talented artist much sought after, he’s meticulous in his work at the gallery, is aloof but shows a childlike vulnerability at times, he’s not egoistic. Add to all that being a gorgeous specimen of the male species lol Total panty dropper. Deok-mi at this point is wondering if such a great guy would even consider her. What she’s seen of him is enough I think. Supporting her fangirl side will be the cherry on top.

• Like 7
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, mmac80 said:

These two.... :joy:

:love:

Today just Monday :(

Does anyone else expect to Wed? B) I love this moment. Min - Young was very very comfortable. Sorry, PP shipper, I could'nt see how she's comfortable like this with Seo-Jun.

Jea Wook oppa should be go forward straight to real life :heart:

degIycN.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 10

19 hours ago, s00ki said:

(He just figured out DM and SA is life are the same person.)B

@s00ki yes he did suspect it during SA's surprise visit with the chicken because SA told him that Si Na Gil usually does not upload those kind of pictures, but it was the next episode that he confirmed it for himself  and here again whether DM was referring to liking Ryan over someone, she had admitted and is taking responsibility of her feelings. She has figured out the difference between falling in love with a real person and fangirling over an idol. 

@Artheusa

You don’t always fall for someone for all the rightful reasons though. Many of the good Deok-mi witnessed in Ryan is enough for her to admire him deeply at this point. Trying to protect her supposed private relationship with SJ for instance, shows that he’s ready to go to big lengths for a person who he thinks is disadvantaged in society and being bullied for it. To me, being an ally is one of the sexiest and most honourable things a straight man can do.

Then Deokmi knows he’s a well known, talented artist much sought after, he’s meticulous in his work at the gallery, is aloof but shows a childlike vulnerability at times, he’s not egoistic. Add to all that being a gorgeous specimen of the male species lol Total panty dropper. Deok-mi at this point is wondering if such a great guy would even consider her. What she’s seen of him is enough I think. Supporting her fangirl side will be the cherry on top.

Thank you for the above quote. I think that whether DM or any other woman whom Ryan had cared to protect and have deep conversations the way he did would fall in love and of course the advantage of "species panty dropper".... yes!!! There is a big difference between admiring all the qualities of someone one is fangirling on which is only superficial and falling in love with someone whom one interacted with on daily basis. Just like SJ said, "her fangirl subject is her "boyfriend-fantasy" and her husband a real person whom she married is someone she "fell in love with and is her idol" big, big difference and a healthy outlook. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

Also - it is not like fangirls love for shallow reasons - my fangirling over my bias is because I love his personality, his jokes, his attitude, his hard work, his perseverance, his helpful nature and how sweet he is to people around him - while we all see it from the screens, and it might be made up to a large extent, these are still not shallow reasons to like someone. The only thing shallow can be that we don't see the bad sides of our bias really well, and it paints a rosy picture. That's literally it.

That said, it is my psychological need to see RG having a happy family as soon as possible. Please. Give. My. Man. Lots. Of. Love.

Exactly. Once you fangirl, you only see him through rose-colored glasses. (Which also happens for new couples) Its already a feat for DM who made SA her life, the center of her universe, to have someone to be able to gain her attention. And he hasnt even done it consciously.

Although episode 8 hurts, I think its absolutely needed so that we can proceed to their real relationship. Hope bad timing wont win on the next one.

And I hope to see more progress on the bromance of SA and RG. I think its one of those relationships in the drama I look forward too. And of course the character decelopment of Sindy. Ahh soooo many conflicts and mysteries still needed to be solved one episode at a time. 

• Like 8

Hey everyone! I've been lurking around this forum for this past few days after the release of episode 8. I love reading all theories, point of views and fangirling moments of our Sung Deok & Saja. So I made decision to create an account! Lol. Can i say that all of us in this forum is currently the members of 'Road to RyMi' or whatever the ship name is lol. Gosh- we're deokjil over Ryan Gold x Sung Deokmi lol :wub:

By the way, I love how some of members stated about the colour coordination of our couple. Yea- definitely a subtle hint of our couple not in the 'same page' yet. I really love KJW & PMY's styling in this drama; so classy, so pretty; cool and dashing.

I really hope they resolve their misunderstanding as soon as possible in episode 9 & 10. I'm hurting on behalf those two. Seriously, i was so frustrated (& grateful at the same time bcs this woke Ryan and Deokmi abt their feeling for each other) when the 2nd leads successfully stirred our couple's peaceful relationship lol. Ppali get together Ryan, Deokmi!!!!!!

To be honest, I wish to see Deokmi in action as 시나길 more in upcoming episodes. She's rock the black hoodie, mask and the professional camera. I hope she can find solace by being Sinagil. Taking Sian's pictures in an event. I'm sure she can forget for awhile her broken heart. At the same time, I'm sure Ryan will be watching his Deokmi from afar since he's going to know what event Deokmi going to attend (he's VIP member after all lol). I can sense that Sian & Cindy gonna be the role that brings our Lion & his Rabbit together. Let's see.

P. S: can we have Geunwoo interaction with Deokmi & Ryan jn future episode? I'm sure they'll portrays a loving family. Just like how little lost Minho did to them in amusement park. ❤️

P. S. S: All Her Private Life OSTs are so relatable and definitely eargasm. I can't wait for Sungwoon's to be released! I've been repeating this drama OSTs for nth times lol.

Edited by rryyuu
  • Like 8
  • Love 5