[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

11 hours ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

Awww, just saw the BTS and I really love how PMY called him "oppa" She was always getting paired up with younger male leads so I'm happy she gets paired with older guy for once.

I AGREE!! my heart melts when I hear her calling him that, it's so cute and endearing. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, jaydendoji said:

Maybe DM's mom caught them kissing and drag them to home :wub:

Maybe the parents were following CUpatch? Hee. 

The kiss at the end of ep 6 is such a let down, so bleh compared to other scenes. We know KJW and PMY can do better than this, why the director let this frozen fish kiss happen?! I have to say the director is weakest link in this drama.  In the first 2 episodes, I was grimacing at their 'bad' acting, now I blame it on bad directing.  

There are too many discrepancies and inconsistencies in the different shots.  

In the bathroom-scarf scene.  When RG opened the door, DM was not facing RG, she turned her body, looked at him through her bent arm.  But in the next shot, she was facing him. To me, the final sliding the scarf off her shoulder was essential and sensual. But the scarf was not draped on her shoulder in the earlier shots. Somehow the scarf got over her shoulder at the final shot so that RG can slide it off.  

The wall scene, they were so close and joined from waist down.  How did DM lift her foot to the wall without kneeing RG? 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

{snipped}

Ok ... I have a question... why is everyone, except PMY's DM's character at least, are wearing baggy clothes! Ryan clothes seemed to be overly big, unless he wears his shirt, then i saw SJ is wearing clothes that are also overly big..... :)

Haha! The issue with clothes for me is that Ryan's pants are always 4-5 inches too short. But then again, it seems like a Korean fashion thing. 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, inna75 said:

And the second threat might be Director Uemm and Sindy as someone mentioned this. Based on how that lady seemed to react rather harshly towards even petty issues and how she loved her daughter very much even if she hated her daughter's fangirling way, I guess she is capable to scheme up outrageous plans to ensure her daughter wins the "fangirling" race. And I think RG would sacrifice something here to ensure DM is literally safe from them. If this is also the case, I am rather worried too as the Director is really conniving in the most annoying way and RG would definitely do anything for DM, even to give up his directorship.

@inna75   This could be a plotline but I dont think it will be that worrying.

Logically Ryan being the director of the Gallery is a BIG draw given how is he a famous artist and curator in the ART scene.

Using his relationship to DM or even her truth as RTM as a threat wont be effective because everyone know what big of a stalker Sindy truly is. Even Si An supports RTM and where the Idol goes; rest will follow. 

This is my HOPE who knows :neutral:

Will her fangirling come between them? Sure it could and that's a great plot device, it will give them the perspective they need.

Also Ryan has to talk a decision himself too; he is here to check is Lee Sol is his mother and if he can ever begin to paint again. 

I want more focus on these issues once the hurdle of "relationship" is crossed. 

This drama is intriguing at how its taking the emotional relationship of the leads and fingers crossed it will be meaningful and fun with little sensible angst.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, kelmaoneko said:

I have a teeny tiny suspicion about it. It does look half-hearted to me. It doesn't look like a spur-of-the-moment, impulse kiss that I expected when RG is so overwhelmed with feeling sorry at how he acted earlier. Also, I didn't think him to be the type to take a kiss without permission, so I'm leaning a wee bit to the theory that he might have done it because of CUPATCH, and that after that quick peck, he'd silently whisper to her why he did so. But of course, as shown in the preview, the parents saw it too lol.

THIS YES FINALLY!

My first thought when he kissed her was, Whoa buddy CONSENT!! 
RG has been portrayed as a truly WOKE hero who has great sensibility and respect

Sure it might be a spur of the moment and he is kicking himself for crossing the line.

( That's what I like about this character, he might not be immune to do stupid things BUT he is shying to say sorry and make it right; and also learn from it)  But still, I am not completely onboard on this. 

My guess is it could be a; you came into my house without permission so I kissed you likewise; Which I hope is not the case.

But she takes him to both her home and her parents house;

The latter I can understand, but HER Si AN Shrine house?? No way if she didnt like him.

so Hopefully he will apologize and confess he likes her for real and wants to date. 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Someone earlier posted (not sure when) that PMY has her 3rd shipping thread in the 'shippers paradise' - so i did some digging, so apparently its 4 - (ok, the min2 couple thread was closed:))

1.Healer - https://forums.soompi.com/topic/345014-official-ji-chang-wook-❤-park-min-young-changmin-~healer-couple~/page/628/  2.

2. City Hunter - https://forums.soompi.com/topic/279185-★-official-minmin-couple-thread-★/

3. WWWSK - https://forums.soompi.com/topic/421729-official-park-seo-joon-❤️-park-min-young【parkpark-♥-bubi-couple】/

4. Her Private Life - https://forums.soompi.com/topic/434945-official-kim-jae-wook-❤️-park-min-young-minjae-her-private-lifes-ryan-and-deok-mi/

If she has 5, she would have the most number of shipper thread? I'm curious why Sungkyunkwan Scandal is not in it? I tot it was popular... and its amazing how her co-actors are in the news lately - LMH, JCW, and PYC... sigh..

And KJW only date Japanese women? Woha.. interesting... but man, his body is wide and he is as tall as PSJ!...

She also has a shipping thread for Queen for Seven Days. She has a total of 5 Shipper Threads.

the one who created the WooMin thread has already changed her username to minseojoon and made the ParkPark shipping thread :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Well...
Now it's clear that the idol and the lion are brothers. Therefore, both are looking for pictures. True, if the mother of both threw in childhood - it is too much already. But I can’t understand anything else ... because the idol talked to his mother. So, he was adopted?:blink:
And so ... lovely, lovely, lovely !!!
The lion managed to growl and grunted, wiping the tears with the tip of the tail, and once again become a cute kitten in the final episode...But no! It was in the final that he became a real passionate lion! Kiss - awesome!:heart:
And the scene in the elevator of the lion and idol is just something fantastic! As he growled at him and rushed in search of a birthmarks ...:mrgreen:
And yes, taking tests to become a fan ... It's only possible in Korea!:blink:

• Like 9

Reviewed 5 and 6 episodes again and I must say that even though Ryan gave his all to that first KISS we all have been waiting for, but that kiss scene seemed unsatisfactory and incomplete. However, I am hoping that kiss scene was only the beginning of the kiss to be continued??? ...which brings me to a very significant scene in Ep 5 more than the bathroom scene looking at it from Ryan's perspective.

Anyeong... 

When they visited the writer there was one picture of the writer's photographer friend that caught DM's attention and she remarked that she liked the picture made a deep impression on her. Ryan asked her about what she thought about the picture as it was titled "Anyeong" and the interpretation of the picture from those who looked at it was, the photographer was saying goodbye before he went to the hospital because he knew he was going to die. DM came alive and took a copy of the picture and disagreed with the goodbye interpretation. Ryan then sat up and scooted towards DM and asked DM to explain. She explained to Ryan why she disagreed with other expert's interpretation of the photo and her opinion was that the photograper was looking at someone behind the camera and said "anyeong". She explained that in English the word anyeong can mean goodbye or hello. That the photographer's gaze and smile was directed at someone special behind the camera and saying to that someone "anyeong, I am here and I am always looking at you like this." Her face was animated as she was explaining and did not notice Ryan looking intently at her as if he was looking at someone precious. He did not interrupt or say anything and he waited until she was finished then shyly looked at him. Ryan, looking directly at her eyes, says "anyeong". Her response was a bit confused and as she quickly put down the picture she was holding, shyly said, "that is my explanation" and looked away. Ryan said nothing, went to his corner to sleep. Next morning we see him sleeping beside her peacefully. When he was outside discussing the project with the writer he looked up at DM taking pictures of him and he saw a laughing and beautiful face that said "anyeong, I am here". On the way back home, he happily agreed to "fake dating". He already knew how he feels about this woman when he said anyeong the night before but he had secrets about himself he still was not ready to share. 

No one knows that he owns 2 of Lee Sol's paintings. He lied to Si An when he said that he obtained the painting at the bidding in Shang Hai for a client and DM was listening. This one room in his apartment  is a room that bears witness to his most hidden secrets, his deepest hurts and wounds and weakness, it is a room where he is most vulnerable and a room no one else but him can enter. In a scene of episode 6, Ryan enters the room where the 2 Lee Sol paintings are displayed side by side, there is an empty canvass, brushes, paints and art paraphernalia in the room. He stands in the middle of the room looking at the LS paintings and memories of a boy playing with bubbles then a boy drawing on paper and calling "omma" floods his mind. He shakes himself out of those memories and he approaches the empty canvass, picks up a brush attempting to paint and he is paralyzed. He grips the brush and took a few attempts before he could manage to put a dot on the canvas and his arms falls to his side and he put the brush back to the bush holder. Without looking back he leaves the room frustration written in his face. 

When Kyunga messaged Ryan that DM was on her way to his apartment because of a leak, he ran over. The leak was already repaired and DM got curious because of all the art displayed in Ryan's apartment and she started exploring and unfortunately the secret room's door was half opened and she went in. Her face was in wonder, this was the master's working room and suddenly an arm grabbed her and pulled and pushed her into the living room. As human beings, we are equipped with fight or flight impulses and in times of danger or stress we use this responses automatically. Ryan's most fear of being exposed of his most vulnerable and weakest self moved him to a fight or flight impulse and unfortunately, Ryan the lion, chose to fight and lions when in a fight will choose to go for the jugular and without even pausing to think, he hurt DM so badly. But after he chilled himself, his body and brain with a cold drink, he glanced at a bag on his table with a note from DM leaving him a gift and he thought back of the woman who was the one person who understood him, the one person he could be honest with, the one person who offered her hand if he ever needed one to hold on to and the one woman whom he said "Anyeong" to. Instant regret and self recrimination overwhelmed him and he knew he had to make amends before it was too late. 

The KISS... when he was running all over the place looking for DM Ryan had all the time to self reflect on his feelings about DM and his harsh actions. When he apologized and asked DM if she was very angry, and DM said she was but she also said she should not have been at his home, Ryan did not want her to blame herself because it was not her fault but his. He wanted to comfort her and tell her that he did not mean what he said and he wanted to say it not with words but with his body so he walked towards her, cradled her head with his hands and kissed her fully. That was the first part of the kiss. The 2nd part DM takes a half step towards him, her hand starting to go up then dropped and her eyes wide open as if surprised shows Ryan kissing the upper lip as if gentling the kiss but still with full lip contact and his hands still cradling her head, his eyes closed. He might have sensed DM's surprise and reluctance so he gentled the kiss... and then the end of the episode....

So for the coming episode, I am hoping to see how the artist Ryan will coax his love into kissing him back, from gentle to deepening kiss....and getting DM to respond as passionately  Anyeong...

RYAN and SHI AN....

Ryan and Shi An connected through the Lee Sol paintings. Shi An says that there are a total of 9 paintings and he has 3 of them. He thinks that Ryan obtained a Lee Sol painting for a client which makes it 4 paintings by Lee Sol were found and they need to find 5 more. What he does not know is that Ryan has 2 of the Lee Sol paintings and Ryan was his own client and they only have to find 4 more. When we first meet SA he seemed to have some trust issues with his agency and manager. Aside from Ryan being interested in the Lee Sol paintings SA got to know Ryan as a protective and trustworthy person when Ryan went to meet with him and his agent to make them correct the false scandal involving the curator working with him and her false involvement in a scandal with SA. He also wanted to cooperate with Ryan re his collections exhibit. SA seemed to be looking for someone he could trust. The conversation between the two when SA ordered chicken and brought it to Ryan's apartment and made Ryan charge it to his card was cheeky but shows how he considered Ryan as someone he could trust. He told Ryan that he did not want to order with his name and charge it to his card because his agency will know about it, will make him exercise to lose weight as if he was not skinny already and then demand that he make music. That is one of the reasons why he wants to be his own agent so he can concentrate on his music creativity. He also made a deal with Ryan without his agency knowing that he would lend his collections for the exhibit but he will be incognito as the collector. He trusts Ryan and in return Ryan treats him not as a celebrity but as a buddy and a neighbor would. My fear is, someone with evil intentions to harm Ryan and DM will intentionally leak that the identity of the incognito celebrity collector to the public. I hope that would not happen because both SA and Ryan need to trust the other if they were to work cooperatively to find the Lee Sol paintings and the painter. Besides SA seems to be a shipper of hyung Ryan and DM love affair. 

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

DM taking pictures of him and he saw a laughing and beautiful face that said "anyeong, I am here". On the way back home, he happily agreed to "fake dating". He already knew how he feels about this woman when he said anyeong the night before but he still had secrets about himself he still was not ready to share. 

WOW @zenya22 what a great take on this episode ... i am going to read all your posts from now on LOL ...just beautiful , thank you.:star: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Artheusa said:

Seeing how this show is well planned with lots of clever red herrings and the writer tends to twist one situation into something else in the following episode, you could very well be right. It definitely wasn't a quick peck though, he went in for a full kiss -at least that's what it looked like. The weirdly posed "lips barely touching" kiss at the end looked like it was filmed for the ending shot to me. Of course I could be biased since I really want them to kiss for real hahahahaha!:grimace: He's definitely not the macho type to kiss without permission, couldn't agree more with this. We shall see next week.

Edit: OK I read some other comments, and yeah, I'm thinking it's a fake kiss too. ARRRGGGHHH why do this to me show :tired::joy:

DM is a clear goner though. She even admitted it to her friends -like Lizzy from Pride and Prejudice- that she can't bear the thought of losing his good opinion, and was disappointed upon realising that Ryan was only helping her thinking she was trying to stay closeted, not because he was interested in her.

I wonder when EG will make a move, he's been watching and observing till now. If indeed this week's kiss was an act and Ryan still has not decided to act on his budding feelings, a romantic move against DM from EG could be the nudge he needs. He's moved by DM, but not letting the reins go as yet. 

As an artist myself, I completely get Ryan's anger at his private studio being entered without permission. That's a no no. Poor Dm though, she's juts so enamoured with him, how could you stay angry with her? Dragging her out forcefully was a no no as well. The woman carried you home, held your hand and put you to bed remember? Ryan realised he was found out about the Lee Sol paintings and also the empty canvas is a symbol of his disappointment in himself as an artist combined with the grief of abandonment. The artist's block of depression is something I've been struggling with for a long time, and I get his pain. Don't push around the people who care for you though, silly lion. My heart broke in two for DM at that moment. PMY really nailed the look of heartbreak there.:thumbsup:

Ooooof. I read through your post and just clapped. DM definitely likes Ryan for sure, but is it just that she wants his approval or his interest? From what I can tell, Ryan also likes DM, but everything felt so sudden. I can't tell what prompted Ryan to kiss her; was it the remorse of kicking her out his house or was it his true feelings kicking in? I mean, we could all tell that Ryan was very flustered looking for her.

I definitely think that there's something though. People are hypothesizing that Sindy was watching so hence Ryan kissing DM, but I don't think that was truly the case. I definitely would also overreact if someone walked into my studio; I likely would have reacted like Ryan actually so I truly don't blame him. It's just that the things he's say could have been nicer- but we all know that Ryan isn't lenient. PMY did well to portray the intense emotions in that scene, leading up to the rooftop scene at the end. Man, they really know how to tick his off... Leaving us at a cliffhanger until next week! Do you think they're truly dating or still fake dating though from the preview? I have my two cents, but I'll keep that quiet...

• Like 7
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

Ooooof. I read through your post and just clapped. DM definitely likes Ryan for sure, but is it just that she wants his approval or his interest? From what I can tell, Ryan also likes DM, but everything felt so sudden. I can't tell what prompted Ryan to kiss her; was it the remorse of kicking her out his house or was it his true feelings kicking in? I mean, we could all tell that Ryan was very flustered looking for her.

I definitely think that there's something though. People are hypothesizing that Sindy was watching so hence Ryan kissing DM, but I don't think that was truly the case. I definitely would also overreact if someone walked into my studio; I likely would have reacted like Ryan actually so I truly don't blame him. It's just that the things he's say could have been nicer- but we all know that Ryan isn't lenient. PMY did well to portray the intense emotions in that scene, leading up to the rooftop scene at the end. Man, they really know how to tick his off... Leaving us at a cliffhanger until next week! Do you think they're truly dating or still fake dating though from the preview? I have my two cents, but I'll keep that quiet...

THIS!!! I would be lying if I said I was satisfied with this scene, but I also know that there’s more to it and the fact that we have to wait for next week. Ahhhhhhhh!!! 

I also think it was too sudden, no matter how many times I’ve rewatching this episode. And yes while I do love their moments together, it wasn’t clicking right in my head as I was watching. I think they tried to make it seem that way so that the viewers wouldn’t be so confused, with the beginning of the episode with Ryan secretly watching her, the zoom-ins especially to her lips, his now magnified interest in anything and everything about her, how he gazes with the utmost curiosity and tenderness, his comfortable state when he’s with her, or the flashbacks he experienced before he ran to apologize to her. Even with all that set up for the viewer, like saying “HERE HE LIKES HER,” I’m going to patiently wait until we see a more thorough exploration of his feelings for her. And how can we forget his “Hello” for her in the previous episode? I think that spoke more to me about him than some of the moments shown in episode 6. There’s a YT comment on the kiss scene from the TvN clip, and to paraphrase maybe what prompted to kiss her then and there was how DM apologized for entering his room without his permission, and interpreting her apology for basically saying sorry for entering his heart without permission. Which is super true because his art room holds his deepest and most true self. The previews can be misleading, but I think that they will clear the air between their feelings. Maybe they’ll take their feelings slowly and won’t be dating for real yet, but then again this IS supposed to be a mature romance -_- (that blindfold though...heh) 

As cute as their moments are, it’s the quieter, more tender and deeper connection they have that sells the romance for me. Yes they’re visually stunning together and they have such palpable chemistry, but when Ryan and DM are connecting with each other, it’s like watching spring bloom to its fullest. Thank you writers for making them so. 

As for EG, I appreciate he hasn’t done anything yet and is kind of observing the situation first. But I’m sure he has gotten an inkling that they both like each other, especially when DM met with him and SJ after being yelled at. I was a little sad they would take the love triangle (square?) approach between them, but DM ans Ryan’s connection and relationship are much stronger than their external factors. 

Can’t wait for next week!!!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

On 4/22/2019 at 11:03 PM, Adwina Oltariani said:

I love that our OTP seems to have LOTS of one-on-one talks! To me, it's more powerful instead of montages of kissing scene! You can tell how Ryan's wall begins to crumbles and how DeokMi is slowly getting more and more caring towards him. I hope we'll get scenes of DM becoming protective of him later on.. Bc so far, we only see that from Ryan's side..

this was one of the things i wanted for this show and just any relationship and i couldn't believe we are actually getting it. This show continues to surprise me

Hi, I'm new here..after seing the BTS for ep. 5-6, I still want to think it is a real kiss..Since they shot it many times and the director want it in a different angle, I think that's why it looks like he kissed his thumb. But it if you watched it slowly, their lips do touch, but just a bit.

I guess when Deok Mi saying 'I'm sorry entering your house without your permission' is like DM apoligizing for entering his secret safe zone aka his heart..

I'm sorry for entering your house w/o your permission = I'm sorry to enter your heart w/o your permission..

and he's taken aback with that, so on impulse (out of his norm) he kissed her. To tell her not to feel sorry for it.

• Like 7

I think Lee Sol is one of Ryan's nickname /pen name. Ryan may have many nickname/pen name before as previous ep he was saying what other nickname/pen name i never use before.

He may used the name as his mother as he could draw the same style as hers before his accident. That is his special talent. The drawings at his house could be drawn by him. He may bought one of his mother drawing.

Something had happen to his mother. He wants to buy all her drawings memories. Thats same go with Shi An.

Ryan & Shi An could be half brothers.

Deokmi also said they both look alike.

Why i feel that Shi An know Ryan is his brother? He casually called Ryan 'Hyung'

and always want to hang out with Ryan.

• Like 7

I have a question, when RL sign up to join  the fan page, he keyed in a Korean name- Na Hee Yoon. Is that his real name? Maybe another clue to his identity. 

After watching the ep6 bts, I m quite certain it’s a fake kiss. KJW was kissing his left thumb! Maybe, he saw Sunday lurking around. My guess is, they must have agreed to continue with the fake relationship. In other words they have not confessed their true feelings. RG coughed when he replied ‘yes’ to DM’s mom. 

• Like 4