[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

22 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

like what happen to Seo In guk's the smile that left your eyes... i love the start, but never like where the ending is going, i completely dropped it off!

BUT they were NOT siblings in The Smile Has Left Your Eyes!!!!! Oooops!! Did I just tell you the ending??? Haizzz .... Also, please be reminded - HPL is a ROM-COM, NOT a melodrama - so I don’t think your speculation about RG & DM being siblings would EVER fit into this genre! 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

BUT they were NOT siblings in The Smile Has Left Your Eyes!!!!! Oooops!! Did I just tell you the ending??? Haizzz .... Also, please be reminded - HPL is a ROM-COM, NOT a melodrama - so I don’t think your speculation about RG & DM being siblings would EVER fit into this genre! 

Yeah...me too will never accept that RG and DM being siblings in this drama. If that's the ending,  So what's the point of watching a rom-com drama when the melodrama is inside :crazy: me myself don't like a melodrama one. Perhaps i won't be watching a rom-com drama until i know the ending first :blink:  

I hope this drama will just be like another rom-com dramas that end with a happy ending especially for the 1st leads. 

Happily ever after does exist right? :innocent:

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, valzki said:

Yeah...me too will never accept that RG and DM being siblings in this drama. If that's the ending,  So what's the point of watching a rom-com drama when the melodrama is inside :crazy: me myself don't like a melodrama one. Perhaps i won't be watching a rom-com drama until i know the ending first :blink:  

I hope this drama will just be like another rom-com dramas that end with a happy ending especially for the 1st leads. 

Happily ever after does exist right? :innocent:

YES!

with lots of little LaBits fan-girl/boying about

lionhead-rabbit-cover-770x405.jpg

(https://www.wideopenpets.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-lionhead-rabbit/)

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

First of all, annyeong @valzki..hehe, I'm suddenly back too chinggu after a long hiatus because this drama really gets to me despite the rating. The OTP's chemistry is no joke..

Secondly, @SC2019..kamsahnida for the link. I've been looking hi n lo for the manhwa. Finally a kind soul posted it here..Thank you. And thanks to you too, now I am more peace in mind since I realised the drama is so much different from the manhwa, though the premise is the same: fangirling and obsession..But this also means that there is a wider latitude for the PD nim and the Writer nim to direct the whole drama to give us the best ending and OTP moments..I hope so..I hope so 

Anyway, this is going to be another long post. Just want to rant out some thoughts. Disclaimer for those who have mentioned anything I have written here. This just means I am either echoing you guys or just putting my own agreement for any of your comments in a long writing..hehehe..(the thread is moving quite fast. Could not backread all, so I might miss some of the comments or answers to my questions)

So, here goes...

Dear PD nim/ Dramagod/ Writer Angel(whoever is lurking here in this thread and read all the comments..hehehe),

I have few wishes here that I hope will come true since my life now revolves around this drama:

1. I wish that the whole misunderstanding/ miscomm will be resolved the latest by next episode. And I don't mean resolving at the last 5 minutes of the episode of which we will see RG suddenly has this epiphany to run after DM and be honest with her about his feelings and then suddenly the scene froze and we see the ending credits. No, no..a big no, no.. I don't want to wait another 24 hours to see what's next or how DM react..I want the real kiss, the real deal at the end, ok, capish? And I don't want the cold RG to appear more than the cute, supportive RG the whole next episode..ok, capish? (#wishful thinking...:D)

2. I also wish you put the two second lead cum antagonists (seriously, they seemed to portray themselves as antagonists more than as second leads..aishhh, though DI not so much but EG starts to irritate me to the core) in a situation whereby they both can realized how much damage they had done to the OTP. Something like making them stuck in the gallery storage together (the door could not open) and because they inhale to much acetone or whatever art related chemical in that storage, they start having their brain confused, intoxicated with all the chemicals and suddenly has the urge to pour their thoughts out truthfully. At this point, EG will admit to DI that he knew RG was already in love with DM and DI will admit she manipulated the truth to make DM thinks RG wanted nothing to do with her. And both will admit that they had defeated even at the earlier stage. Something like the truth serum in "The Ant Man and the Wasp" movie...hehehe.. What they did not realized was that there is a CCTV recording the whole conversation. And since DM, is the main curator, she will be the one watching the security camera later. (ok..another #wishful thinking :D)

3. My last and final wish...whatever kissing or make up scenes installed for the next 8 eps, please make it classy enough, as classy as the leaning to the wall almost kiss and the couch kiss or if possible, even better. Come on PD nim, this is KJW we are talking about. Those who follow him knows his "skill" very well...(hehehe, seriously, why did I not notice KJW before? Where was he all my life? Regret, regret, regret...hehehe)

On a more serious note, 3 things I want to point out:

1. I agree with most of u guys that EG seemed to be more petty that DI. At least, DI has the conscious to admit to herself that she is playing dirty but EG seemed to be oblivious. What really irritated me was the fact that he blurted out about the fake relationship to DI without even feeling guilty about it. Plus, he did not even consider whether DI can be trusted with that info. I mean, it's not like he is not aware. He did say that he realized DI was not that close with RG that RG never disclosed the secret to her. And yet, he went and blurted it out to someone he considered a stranger. On top of that, he did not even bother to protect DM's pride by blurting out the secret to someone who is a perfect stranger to both him and DM. So, what makes he think he deserve to be with DM better than RG is beyond my comprehension. In fact, from the very start, despite he knows about DM's alt life, he was not that supportive. I tried to accept the time he protected her from the crazy fans and when he attend to her wound, but that does not make him supportive enough for me to empathize him. Protective maybe but not supportive. RG, on the other hand, protect and support DM's obsession all the way. I hope along the story we will be made to understand why RG is so understanding about all this since the other men in the drama seemed to be quite oblivious(this include SJ's husband and her co worker)

2. There are still some mysteries need to be answer in the next 8 episodes. RG's mom is one. His connection with SA is another. There is also the matter of SJ husband who just copied the whole stock of pics of RG and DM. Not sure what kind issues will arise from that. And then the final one, which someone mentioned earlier in this thread, DM's mom memory of children playing. We know in the earlier eps that there was supposed to be another son in DM's family but they lost him (not sure whether they lost him at birth or after he grew up a bit). EG was a "surrogate" for that lost boy, hence DM's mom willingness to raise him like her own son . So, I wonder how this story will be linked with others. I remember someone in this thread also analysed the first part of the episode about the memory of children playing. That scene and DM's mom scenes are still vague in terms of its link to the overall story in this case.  Hence, based on this I guess the next  few eps, we will have more pressing issues to deal with than the miscomm between the OTP. I hope so...

3. I know this is a rom com. I cannot expect melo type of premise for the OTP's romance. But I do hope that within the next few eps, we would see the reason for RG's growing feeling for DM is beyond than just being smitten with her beauty,  her tenacity and wittiness as both a curator and a homma as well as the sexual tension between them (though, I dont mind this so much...hehehe). I would hope that DM would be the reason for RG's return as an artist, or at least the link between him and his supposedly mom which then motivated him to resurface as the genius artist whom he is supposed to be. To me, this would be the most significant premise for both EG and DI  as well others who have been skeptical about them to accept the fact that RG needs DM as much as DM needs him. I hope the ending will be somewhere along this premise..Why did I want this? Because in the last episode, I was a bit bothered when DI asked DM whether she has seen RG work on any new art and then commented about him quitting and so forth. And DM could not answer nor comment about that. And then I realized all DM knows about him is he has some inferiority issue related to holding hands and he lied about Lee Sol's painting. Other than that, RG was a rather closed book to her, which make her position with DI to be at par or probably below. DM, on the other had is an open book despite she tried to hide her alt life. Hence, RG's growing love for her. So I want to see DM has the "exclusivity" in terms of knowing RG as a person and as an artist. 

Sorry for this long post. I just to want rant out all my thoughts up till the latest ep because this will probably be my last post for a while. The next month is a rather busy month for me as I have to focus on my spiritual enhancement, hence I may be lurking here but not as frequent, and just to read and not post anything. I hope you guys keep on posting all the videos and image excerpts and comments. Looking fwd for all the comments and insights from you wonderful chinggus..annyeong..:wub:

• Like 11
  • Love 7

7 hours ago, estherlim said:

Super happy for KJW role here. I find it very tiring to watch him in his last work, The Priest... he hardly smile and always frowning...  

We have 8 eps left now, so you have to enjoy seeing KJW in this role while you can before he goes back to his dark role as a Priest :lol:.. OCN is currently in preparation for spin-off movie version of The Guest. None of the 3 leads have yet to confirm but I have a feeling they (including KJW) will join it later since movie version will be directed by the same drama director. I already expected that they will have another season or movie version when I saw the casts met up and gathered months after the drama ended.

9 hours ago, s00ki said:

Been curious as of why this gem KJW was not discovered till now, despite his good looks and talent.  Why the sudden turn of luck that he is cast as lead in HPL?  My guess is it's due his new agent - Management Soop. KJW made the best decision ever to change  in June 2017.  Earnestly hope he gets good scripts from now on and please be protected from any malicious gossips and scandals.  

If I'm not mistaken, I've read that he used to reject first lead offer in the past, only to accept another second lead offer because he was interested with its character. He mentioned that he kept receiving the same role, hence the lack of drama comeback. I'm glad he has been getting recognition for his breakout role in Voice. Plus his previous drama, The Guest is well-received. Both of him and KDW was cast as main lead in their respective drama. I believe the successful of The Guest helps them as well. Anyway, it's all thanks to his agency, Management Soop. They're managing him well. :wub:

Edited by TripleNa
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, inna75 said:

I have few wishes here that I hope will come true since my life now revolves around this drama

My last and final wish...whatever kissing or make up scenes installed for the next 8 eps, please make it classy enough, as classy as the leaning to the wall almost kiss and the couch kiss or if possible, even better. 

@inna75 thank you for your long post, and I love long posts <3 

Totally agree with you about our lives now revolve around this drama. It has been so long since I don't even remember, that I am so crazy about an airing drama. I often avoid uncompleted dramas so I don't need to experience the anger of "waiting-one-whole-week" to know what happens next. 

But anyway, this drama caught me wholeheartedly. I have a few comments as well following what inna75 has said. They are also the reasons why I love this couple so much. 

1. We all want the real kiss now, after so many fake ones haha. What I really love about this couple is how much skinship they have with each other from ep 1 and how comfortable they are with each other even when they are faking a kiss, holding hands or touching hands while untangling the scarf. I have the same wish that the real kiss has to be so classy, so Ryan-esque and far better than DM's imagination. Bring on the sexual tension, show!

And I agree that even though what makes DM fall in love is a warm, caring and considerate Ryan, his past has been a closed book to her. I'm sure they will dig more into the past the 2nd half of the show with the hints that have surfaced. And the fact that Ryan brought up the topic of painting and how she had to quit while smelling oil paints in her house shows that he is willing to talk about it with her. 

But for me, helping each other to face a difficult past is something you can do and continue to do when already a couple. It's not necessarily a part of falling in love. For me, the reason he falls in love with her is already strong enough. When he said "there seem to have 2 suns in this world", I don't think he only meant her beauty, but her courage and optimistic vibe as well. 

On gosh, the more I talk about this, the more I was so in love with them. Now my biggest wish is Wednesday came right now!

• Like 14
  • Love 2

The ten types of fangirls featuring Sung Deok Mi:

1) Blogger

2) Stan

3) Collector

4) Fictional Girlfriend

5) Casual

6) Overprotective

7) Denier

8) Confessor

9) Crier

10) Banshee

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

On 5/3/2019 at 12:19 PM, Artheusa said:

EG doesn't get the right to act like a jerk because he always comes in second, just strive to be better person, period. I wonder if we'll ever see why he turned out the way he is. There's definitely some family drama at the root of it.

@ArtheusaI agree there is some family drama there. Remember when DM called him Nam Eun GI and EG said, don't call me by my last name Nam, I hate that name. Nam is the family name from the paternal side. His mother is a single mother who raised him. So, there is definitely some drama there. 

It is funny though that he thinks he knows DM best because he grew up with her yet he knows nothing of her heart and Ryan whom EG says knows nothing about DM because he only knew her for a short while, is the one person that DM bares her heart to and the one person whose heart DM can see through and connect with and knows DM personally more than EG ever did. 

DM is a sensitive and kind person and EG's recollection are about these. She was the one who consoled him when he brought home the silver and not the gold, who accepted him for who he was. EG is grateful and loved her for these. But EG does not know her. He knows that she is an incognito fangirl and thinks he supports her fangirling yet he always threatens to tell all even if he does not mean it, and he only supports the "fangirling" for the sake of peacefully being close to DM not because he approves or understands her "fangirling". Nor does he understand or know the aches and bruises in her heart because of her failure to fulfill her passion, that she had drowned her sorrows with alcohol and cried but consoled herself with finding something to be happy about and moved on. He does not know how DM channeled her passion for painting into photography and these are issues close to her heart, and seemingly never revealed to EG. But the short time she had known Ryan, she had opened her heart about her goals, her sorrows and her artistic opinions as in critiquing the writer's friend's photograph and from that observation Ryan already percieved that DM loved taking pictures. EG does not know that Ryan already knows and supports DM's fangirling, that Ryan recognized her photographer's artistry. Even Si An had commented to Ryan that he likes the photos of him taken by Si Na Gil because they were carefully and keenly taken and shows the best of Si An. For all the time that they had grown up close to each other, EG is not able to discern deeper or more than what his eyes can see in DM. He has no interest in looking at the photos that DM took because if he did then maybe he could see what Ryan and Si An knew of DM, her photographer's artsy eye. 

On 5/3/2019 at 11:03 AM, Carmarie said:

As adults EG and DI should know by now, just because you come between two people does not guarantee that the person you like will suddenly fall for you.  I am also sick of the "oh I am so humble" attitude.  Just because some girl says, I like him, you are going to move aside and put away your feelings.  My response, as DM, would have been to say sweetly, "well I like him too."  Why should DM move aside because DI likes RG?  

@CarmarieI agree. DM had barked back at Ryan before, had heart to heart talks with him, they each visited each other's houses are becoming closer as they start to get to know each other and therefore she should not take at face value whatever DI said without giving Ryan a chance to finish what he wanted to tell her. The fact that the man who has an aversion to holding people's hands had taken to holding hers drunk or not and wanting to talk but DM suddenly judges Ryan according to what another woman told her, started feeling sorry for herself without letting Ryan finish what he had to say. If DI can tell Ryan about what she feels about him, why can't DM let Ryan know but in a classier and safer way by letting Ryan tell her how he feels then responds in kind or DM gets into a passionate argument with Ryan then leads him into a passionate "couch treaty" :kiss_wink:

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler

15569955621556995559.gif

15569951081556995105.gif

15569952581556995255.gif

Hey Jerk , you wrong there is a guy out there who  ✔️all the boxes ,   he called L.I.O.N Gold

He happy to to watch her do what she like most 5ccde5a21c449474722751.gif?download

15569961681556996161.gif

He respect & encourages her Art 5ccde5a21c449474722751.gif?download

Spoiler

15569984041556998397.gif

He had the senses to confuse his feeling with the perfect way ever 5ccde5a21c449474722751.gif?download

Spoiler

15569968441556996838.gif

.. @Lawyerh , @cenching & @Sejabin & @ktcjdrama isn’t he perfect :yum::joy:

• Like 8
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

The ten types of fangirls featuring Sung Deok Mi:

1) Blogger

2) Stan

3) Collector

4) Fictional Girlfriend

5) Casual

6) Overprotective

7) Denier

8) Confessor

9) Crier

10) Banshee

We need to  add our lion discovery  :joy::tounge_xd:

* sinner - she wish to be the bottle 

Spoiler

15570001911557000189.gif

15569987051556998696.gif

@Sejabin & @Sarang21 @Lawyerh she is joining pervy Ahjummas club :mrgreen:

Spoiler

15570053661557005362.gif

.. girls any wish u want to share  :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

50 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Hopefully she will use SA is My Life forum to trigger or give Lion a lead so maybe force his to do a bit of hunting  :tounge_wink:

I hope so , now she posted his picture on the forum  , revered him  a sun :star: 

Our bunny, favorite idol SA :mrgreen:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

He happy to to watch her do what she like most 

I actually think that this is something he should get more credit for. Eun-gi does not respect the fangirl side of her. Yes he accepts it but he doesn't appreciate it. While Ryan, the Lion, actually really enjoys and supports her fangirling... I mean he told her to look pretty because he was surprising her with a meeting with Si-an!!! 

He actually protects her fangirling

'tijagor e\ JA ERJGGARE N; \aj ogrs mesvfd

HE IS SO SWEET AND LOVELY AND YET A LION AND MANLY... LOTS OF CONFUSED EMOTIONS

(to be clear I just rewatch ep 7 & 8 and all the emotions came back)

• Like 13