[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Calm down peeps! Don’t be too disappointed if we got trolled (& will be trolled again tom) :lol:There’s so much more to enjoy than just the kissing scenes.  Of course it’s a major part but instead of dwelling too much into it, why not appreciate the other wonderful parts of this ep.

Like how awesome it was for Ryan to support Deok Mi’s fangirling. He just set the standard for the ‘perfect bf’ for every fangirls out there...lol! DM already has the perfect bff and now having Ryan too! No fair! :lol:

And that conversation in the bedroom. How DM shared her own unfulfilled dream & the continued struggle to overcome these regrets. I’m proud how she’s able to move forward and still find happiness in her life. I hope it would someday help Ryan face his own dilemmas. 

Imagination or not, that ending scene showed that DM finally acknowledged her feelings towards Ryan. She admitted (at least to herself) that she likes him. I’m glad for this devt. At least she’s not living a delusional life where she expects to fall in love with her idol. Now that she realises  her true feelings, the confession is another matter. That’s what I’m looking forward to tom’s ep.

Thank you again for the recaps and screencaps! I can identify with Ryan on refreshing these pages every few seconds and I’ll be doing the same thing again tom! :lol:

• Like 15

14 hours ago, Artheusa said:

They didn't show the one scene I was expecting; DM's mum cunningly smiling to herself after shoving Ryan and Deok-mi inside her room WHY U CUT THAT HILARIOUS SHOT? tsk tsk tsk.

Da-in's starting to become annoying (watched the preview). To set the record straight; those are not lion's ears hunny, and that's certainly not a lion's tail. Now beat it, will ya?:thumbsdown:

So you notice Ryan’s smile when he was

shoved in DM’s room? Precious! 

Yup, I cringed when I saw the supposed lion on the car. She must be a bad artist to not have the details right . 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Given that she has decided not to confess in the preview....it was an imaginary kiss....dont see how the two of them can recover after that hot kiss.....lol...

but who cares...realisation of her feelings is step 1

the artist Friend is likely the one triggering his realisation too since she pointed out that he was jealous in the preview....

looking forward to the rest of the series...park minyoung rarely disappoints and the chemistry between them is explosive.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kenrei said:

Calm down peeps! Don’t be too disappointed if we got trolled (& will be trolled again tom) :lol:There’s so much more to enjoy than just the kissing scenes.  Of course it’s a major part but instead of dwelling too much into it, why not appreciate the other wonderful parts of this ep.

Like how awesome it was for Ryan to support Deok Mi’s fangirling. He just set the standard for the ‘perfect bf’ for every fangirls out there...lol! DM already has the perfect bff and now having Ryan too! No fair! :lol:

And that conversation in the bedroom. How DM shared her own unfulfilled dream & the continued struggle to overcome these regrets. I’m proud how she’s able to move forward and still find happiness in her life. I hope it would someday help Ryan face his own dilemmas. 

Imagination or not, that ending scene showed that DM finally acknowledged her feelings towards Ryan. She admitted (at least to herself) that she likes him. I’m glad for this devt. At least she’s not living a delusional life where she expects to fall in love with her idol. Now that she realises  her true feelings, the confession is another matter. That’s what I’m looking forward to tom’s ep.

I think the majority of us are a little "mad" that we got trolled by Ryan and tvN. I was personally very happy that DM opened up to Ryan about her inability to draw and why she couldn't continue with her artist life. The way that she says she gets drunk, and cry about it and feels okay again kind of foreshadowed in a way that DM will become some kind of healer or help Ryan reconcile with his childhood fears and whatnot.

I'm also very glad that DM is coming to terms with her feelings about Ryan as well. I'm also happy that Ryan supports her and her fangirling (to the point where he runs all over the mall to stop Sindy from chasing her and checking on her after she didn't answer her phone and whatnot. I'm super excited to see what's coming next!

1 hour ago, s00ki said:

So you notice Ryan’s smile when he waa

shoved in SM’s room? Precious! 

Yup, I cringed when I saw the supposed lion on the car. She must be a bad artist to not have the details right . 

I think the scene that they also cut out (or haven't shown yet) is Ryan "fangirling" on his bed, smiling on his phone... Not sure if that was meant for tomorrow's episode, perhaps.

I wonder how tvN is going to handle this inevitable "Episode 8 kiss." I'm pretty sure we're all waiting for it.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

wonder how tvN is going to handle this inevitable "Episode 8 kiss." I'm pretty sure we're all waiting for it.

Hmmm ... don’t think there will be an Episode 8 kiss, the way things are going ... in BTIMFL, I think the first proper kiss only happened in Episode 9. I think for this drama, it’s going to be EVEN LATER - I am guessing at the end of Episode 10 or 11

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hi all, I'm new in this thread :wub: I also want to leave a comment too!... and I did not think I would be addicted to waiting for the next episode!.. :wub:about the hot kiss scene, just believe in the director. From his previous drama, Life up to your name dr Heo, there's a passionate kiss, (you can search on YouTube for that scene) deeply amazing!...just be patient.. :wub: Can't denied jae wok and min young chemistry... i bet they will bring us the passionate kiss soon!  Love this couple love so much! :wub: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just some after thoughts after watching the subbed version:

1. I hope/ wish at some of point of the drama, DM's parents collection are exhibited for the public to see (like the collectors' exhibition for example. I know they wanted to display celebrities' collection but RG did mention he wanted something unique apart from paintings. DM's dad's rock collection (or they called it "sesuiki", right?) seemed to have some artistic value. Even RG showed some interest about it despite it's stony features.  Both or either one. Then DM would not feel so "lonely" about her obsession. She started to obsessed because she felt that her parents' focus were on their obsessions (referring to Episode 1). After her attempt to study abroad failed, she focus all her energy towards her obsession. This is what I got so far from the last 7 episodes. And I think our sweet RG also saw that about her. Hence, his understanding about her obsession and his happy face watching her all excited about it. Damn..I need a man like that. It's hard to hide who you truly are in front of someone you love (the crazy part of you at least) but DM is so lucky. If only she knows how lucky she is that RG could accept the craziness part of her. Sigh...

2. If RG and Sian are truly brothers (stepbrothers), I guess I would thank their mom's DNA for giving birth to two such sweets boys!!! There are seriously the sweetest guys I've ever known. I dont know how many time I've repeated this but I could not help myself. My tooth ache from their sweetness! :wub:. If let's say in the future, there are rivalry between brothers for DM, I think either one she chose will still be a winner for her (even if I am team Ryan all the way! hehehehe)

3. @ganko..agree with u chinggu. Let's get both the 2nd lead together. After all, they both are already losing both their crush at this point. If only they knew that there are only "if only" between the two leads..hehehe..got it? What I mean is, the only gap between the leads are their misunderstanding of each other's feeling. If only RG knows about all the pic DM took of him and her sudden admiration/ crush for him. If only DM knows RG knew and accept her obsession. If only DM knows the one person she responded to in her blog was RG (aka Latte). If only DM knows RG has been protecting her for no obvious reason except the fact the his feeling for her is growing. If only....So, if only the other two know that RG and DM are already entangled in each other's life figuratively, they would know that they are already at the losing end, then why bother fighting? Hehe..just my 2 cents

Anyway, someone mentioned about not being too happy about tonight's ep based on the preview (sorry chinggu, whoever you are, for not mentioning your alias here. I could not find the original post). I agree with you. Tonight's episode made me pretty nervous of the direction of the drama (in particular the direction of DM and RG's newfound love for each other). Even so, I am looking fwd for the theme of tonight's episode: JEALOUSY - next step in falling in love...hehehe.

Even so, I like that RG and DM is working on something/ a project together tonight. I always wanted that kind of scene. And if the PD dont' mind...err..maybe later, you can throw in a scene where they are making potteries together? hehehe...ala "Ghost"...please? Something like a scene where RG with his sexy bare-chested sweater is sitting behind DM with her oversized white shirt and overall, hair tight back with the scarf (the legendary bathroom-scene scarf) while making a pottery together..hehehe..If it is not for real, if the PD can make it like DM is imagining it would still be ok...hehehe...just throwing some ideas....hahahaha:D

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Hmmm ... don’t think there will be an Episode 8 kiss, the way things are going ... in BTIMFL, I think the first proper kiss only happened in Episode 9. I think for this drama, it’s going to be EVEN LATER - I am guessing at the end of Episode 10 or 11

I wouldn't necessarily call it a curse, but I guess it's a common thing to have two kiss during episode 8 where normally that's just when relationships become an actual thing. I agree wholeheartedly though, I don't think that we'll actually see these two being actually TOGETHER until next week or the week after that. I'm not surprised if they don't get together next episode. One part of me would be a little disappointed, but absolutely understand why. If they did get together next episode, I'd feel like it's rushed. Her fangirl friend Jeon-Joo is funny though, making Joo-hyuk wear all kinds of funny animal ears at work.

In other news... Does anyone know when the song is dropping from the OST from Lee Hae-ri? Davichi is one of my favorite duos and I cannot waaait to hear Hae-ri's song in full. 

• Like 7

I just noticed that there's a few scenes that shown in Ep 7 teaser but was not aired last night..

I wonder why they didn't show us these scene..and if they wanna show it in Ep 8, why they include these scene in the Ep 7 teaser?

xheGZzO.gif

w28CNub.gif

bAH3Upj.gif

Spoiler

4SYKdXq.gif

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

I just noticed that there's a few scenes that shown in Ep 7 teaser but was not aired last night..

I wonder why they didn't show us these scene..and if they wanna show it in Ep 8, why they include these scene in the Ep 7 teaser?

Sometimes this happens when they have shot enough scenes. Usually what's shown is for that week's episodes.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I'm not a big fan of KJW but still following his drama since Coffee Prince.. but after started watching this drama, I think I gonna love him more after knowing that he actually ambidextrous..he actually can play guitar with both right side and left side.. actually I'm a bit curious about his ability playing guitar using both side because it's hard to see a musician can play guitar both side ....as you can see in this drama, he write using right hand and hold the chopsticks with his left hand :wub:  

I always admire people who is ambidextrous because these kind of people is actually intelligent person :D

gl13SBb.gif

UOzdb8j.gif

• Like 10
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

It is DEFINITELY an imagined kiss because in the preview, DM said she doesn’t want to spoil their friendship (between RG and her) if she admits to her feelings.

And I think RG will be in denial about his feelings for quite a number of episodes - like I said earlier, I am quite certain, we will not get a real kiss until Episode 11 or later because RG has to resolve many issues.

I also think Choi Da In, the artist Friend will try to help RG resolve his issues regarding Lee Sol. I think RG will tell her in the episode tomorrow that DM and him are just fake dating, so DI will come on STRONGER onto RG. 

And sadly, DM is not going to do anything about it because she is worried about losing RG as a Friend. EG will also step up his moves and come on stronger to DM, because he’s also under the illusion that DM’s first love is SA and EG may let himself to think that he will just be happy being DM’s second love ...

I don’t think RG will push DM away - he will just be in denial until very late in the series ... 

If this is a slow burn kinda script, I think we will have to wait until Episode 12 or 13 for them to fall in love - and then, maybe RG has to go back to NY with DI for 2 episodes to resolve the Lee Sol and his inability to paint issues ... I have got a strange feeling the scenes are not going to be as ‘hot’ as in WWWSK - and the kisses would be tame ... The reason being during the Press Con, KJW sort of dropped a hint - he said the drama is not going to be full of ‘matured scenes’ - maybe he doesn’t want comparisons with WWWSK, so he’s managing the audience’s expectations ... (SAD, but I don’t want to hope or wish too much for hot scenes anymore, cos I think TvN has tamed down a lot ... kind of disappointing for a cable channel ... or maybe they were told to tame down all the love / kissing scenes because of real life events in SK ...) I think the whole drama is about illusions and how art can both reveal and hide truths ... So, I am preparing myself for MORE TROLLING from TvN ...

And a note for those who are reading the webtoon - don’t put too much trust in trying to identify similar plot or ending - the last drama based on a webtoon- Touch Your Heart, TvN really botched up the ending - very rushed - I think because they ran out of time and Budget  - so this could happen for this drama too.

The only drama which stayed very close to the webtoon (inclusive of all the hot scenes) was WWWSK- and this drama was broadcasted pre-scandal-mired KPop/KDrama period. Unfortunately, in reality, the situation is very different in post-scandal-KPop/KDrama period .... so, we may have to suffer through a dry spell with regards to ‘hot’ scenes ... :expressionless:

i still have my hope for the 'hot' scene(s) for this drama. I mean they have KJW who's known for mature projects and he himself is hella haawt and sexy man and PMY who's experienced in this field and one sexy woman. This drama captivates viewers by the OTP's strong chemistry and surely they will hear what most audiences want. In previous pages someone share the link of webtoon in kakao.com, there's a page showing the OTP in bed. so yeah let's finger crossed that they don't waste time to make them together and give them appropriate romance scenes.. for God's sake they are 30s adults and so hot!  :lol:   

• Like 8

When SJ was asked by EG how she started dating SM(SJ Husband) instead of an idol....

She replied in a quote....

tumblr_pqv2m5ksDn1u2dd0eo1_1280.jpg

"Editing Photos Is An Act Of Love"

What happen to SJ before is now happening to DM, now EG is worried.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I love, love, love episode 7...There is so much meaning in their times of togetherness and even not togetherness

First of all KUDOS to all those who got the kiss to the thumb right. Because of the sexy wall and bathroom scenes, I built high expectations to see a sensual kiss, so it was not on the actors nor the characters but was on me and my hopeless imagination... LOL.

However, I am so, very glad that it was not a real  kiss. That pretend kiss was very apt of Ryan Gold and says a lot about his feelings more than a real kiss would have, that he genuinely cares for DM. He did it so gently and carefully that it affected DM movingly all she could do was look up at him as if in wonder as he explained the reason for doing what he did. How could DM remain angry at him? These two really get/understand each other despite their fractious beginnings, him firing her and she almost killing him. It is as if they had known each other from another life and are meant to meet again to finish what they had once began. After DM saw Ryan not wanting to shake hands, DM already knew without Ryan telling her that Ryan was averse to holding hands and later talked to Ryan about it, she is able to read his meaning just by his comments about children and she was not afraid to give him the drawing of the lion and tell him about herself of the failure of her goals to become a painter. Ryan on the other hand listens really listens to DM and he asks questions because he is really interested in her opinions. What DM said about how the Anyeong photograph impressed her, prompted Ryan to ask the question if she really liked to take photos. During that Anyeong conversation, he paid total attention and listened, really listened to DM's explanation. Now fast forward to her parents house and  I am loving this conversation when they were pushed by DM's mom to the room. Ryan was looking around at the award certificates and he asked why DM quit arts and he looked at her as he always does and listened to her explanation about how her father lost money in trying to build a business and therefore was unable to pursue her studies. He asked if DM was ok with not being able to live as a painter. Here we see Ryan start to open about himself about his own fears of not being able to paint. He is not talking about himself yet as he is still trying to gauge if he can trust himself to open his feelings about his own failure to paint again and I think he is asking the question in relation to himself. DM replied that at times when she feels regrets she drowns her sorrows with a drink and then cries and as she did that she finds a reason to smile and became happy. Relate this to their conversation at the end of the episode before DM fell on him. Ryan said that the room smells of paint and asked DM if she still paints. DM says sometimes. Ryan, still blindfolded, asked when DM was not able to draw because of her broken right arm, how could she stand it? (this the 2nd time he asks the same question). DM looks at the blindfolded Ryan and something dawns on her as she gets a flashback of herself walking into Ryan's secret room and sees the canvas with a blue dot as if someone tried to start painting then the a line going down as if a brush had just fallen. She realized then what is happening to Ryan as she had gone though the same thing. She then tells Ryan that when she got frustated because she was not able to use her right arm to paint she started using her left hand and realized that she was having more fun drawing with her left hand as it was like doodling when she was a kid. Ryan was looking at her through the blindfold nodding and smiling. When she tried to prevent him from taking the blindfold off and fell on him, there is a voice over of her thoughts, "I am really allright, you be confident, I like you, I will take care of you."  My heart cried and I can imagine DM's heart opening to embrace the hurt out of Ryan. (hankie please)

She is the one to help Ryan heal. She gets him, really, really gets him. For the first time aside from his psychiatrist, DM maybe the only person he is trying to communicate about his struggle to paint again. He has not said it directly, but he knows that she is the only person who went into that room and saw everything. 

When Ryan realized that DM was Sinagil, he became a member to her fansite and Ryan as Latte critiqued favorably DM's photos of Si An which prompted DM to say that Latte knows photography and she messaged back to thank Latte for his kind comments. She does not know that Latte is the one person that she did not want to disappoint, Ryan Gold. During the Si An fan meeting, DM's number was announced to be the winner she was too busy looking at the pictures she took and that was of Ryan Gold. Her conversation with EJ when she rejected the invitation to go to movies with EJ because she had to photoshop the photos. As she was home doing the photo shops she found herself staring at photos not of Si An but of Ryan Gold and she realized then she is falling in love with Ryan. So is Ryan but he is slower to admit it. Ryan threatened to fire Cindy for stalking DM and himself or sue her. He saved DM from being discovered by Cindy and he was worried about her because he saw her limping. So he calls her and as she was not answering her phone and goes into her fansite and sees messages of the other fans waiting for SNG to upload the Si An photos but it was very delayed.  He makes the excuse to visit DM at her house that he was there to return the food containers. I want to see his reaction when he sees, he really, really sees the contents of DM's camera were much of him... 

As for Choi Da In, Ryan says in one second about her artwork in his car "you are in a slump". I think Choi Da In, like EJ might have been a childhood friend who had helped the young Ryan adjust to his new environs when he first moved to the US. He is very frank about his feelings, that he does not have any romantic interest in her and to me she is much more obsessed than EJ. She followed Ryan to Korea, appears in Ryan's workplace anytime she wants, eavesdrops on the staff conversation and pastes herself on him like he owns him. Ryan on the other hand is much more occupied with his "fake dating" which is slowly becoming real dating with DM. Please, EJ and CDI can get introduced and they may console each other and leave our lovebirds alone. SA and Ryan have to find the other 4 paintings and their relationship to the painter and to each other. I like that more than watching EJ and DI making a fool of themselves. 

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

Just watched it subbed.

Regarding the thumb-kiss, while we might’ve been trolled, I think fact still remains that he was looking for her and apologised because all those thoughts of who DM was/is becoming to him was running through his mind and he did want to mend the relationship by not letting his anger fester overnight. Seeing Sindy was by chance and therefore the thumb-kiss as a quick response to the situation. RG is really becoming increasingly fascinated with DM and I think he does appreciate that she has this “other” life which is strangely connected to her artistic eye too - her photography skills. It’s in the process of being curious about this other life she leads that he begins to talk to her more, and finds out more about her perspective towards art. I expect he will find some healing and reconciliation in himself because of this.

For DM, it was interesting also that her “fan life” obsessions have started to get redirected to real life focus — she was looking at photos she had taken of RG she didn’t even realise she had won the selfie draw! That’s progress there for her! And in a way, what SJ said was true — when dating, her bf became her idol. There will come a time you will give it up because a real person comes and fills that gap in your heart. 

As regards SJ and her own fangirling however, it does reek a little of imbalanced obsession. Could it be because her husband is too busy to actually spend real time with her? So she obsesses now with her son and then employee, but thinks it’s all harmless. Yet even DM is telling her she’s getting a bit too crazed...

Finally, the blindfold-kiss. I think we’re getting trolled again, just based on what we know of DM’s character and what the preview said. She’s not going to risk anything for work, or even for her social life, hence fangirling in secret, and liking her boss. She doesn’t strike me as someone who will mix reality with fantasy though she might come deliriously close to it. She’s still got quite a logical head on her shoulders, no?

• Like 13
  • Insightful 3

I realize this thread has been moving real fast after last week's episodes! The ratings have been moving upwards as well, even though not as much as I would like them to be. But really, ratings don't mean that much especially when the drama is gaining so much of attention and love.

I love reading all the posts from everyone and thank you all for contributing! So looking forward to tonight's episode! <3

• Like 11
  • Love 1