[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

13 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

I will forever rue that the drama never gave Ryan's adoptive parents the credit they deserve. For me, they've done more for Ryan than anyone else in the world, and this should have been properly acknowledged. Ryan does speak of them fondly, and Deok-mi's mother did mention a few times that Ryan must have been raised by outstanding parents, but those just aren't enough. It has to be said though that Ryan's fluency in Korean is a bit unrealistic given that he's never stepped foot in Korea after being adopted - while his adoptive mother probably spoke to him in Korean, surely his adoptive father didn't. To reach that level of fluency requires more than just that. But well, we can probably handwave that away and say that he can do anything because he's Ryan Gold B)

I agree with you.  RG does talk about his adopted parents fondly; therefore, I would have hoped that since DM and RG went back to NYC, they would have spared 2 to 3 minutes of screen time showing  DM meeting his adoptive parents or having dinner with them.  That would have tied the story up with a nice bow.

• Like 3

I am going through withdrawal and I am healing through by listening to HPL OST and watching fan videos! There is specific person that makes the best FMV! I am not ashamed to say I’ve watched it so many time I lost count. 

50 shades of gold! 

If there is a remake for 50 shades of gray in Korea, then I want these two to play the characters! 

Dangerous women- don’t you stop boy

my personal fav! The way the video was edited, the way they are on beat when they are kissing ugh 

Honorable mentions 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I agree with you.  RG does talk about his adopted parents fondly; therefore, I would have hoped that since DM and RG went back to NYC, they would have spared 2 to 3 minutes of screen time showing  DM meeting his adoptive parents or having dinner with them.  That would have tied the story up with a nice bow.

If I remember correctly, @luvcrabbieshinhwa said that the way he spoke of his adoptive parents in past tense (in Korean obvs) implied that they were deceased. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, chachajeyjey said:

Guys, I'm not sure about it so I'll drop a question here.

Before being proposed, DM gave RG 3 options of RG's nickname. After that (till passing the '1 yr later' period), i only noticed DM called him Saja (before the wall kiss).

Does it mean RG asked DM to call him Saja? If yes, awwwww.. That's beyond beautiful! since previously he corrected people who called him as Saja/Lion. Pls do correct me if I'm wrong, guys.. :*

What I interpreted from the proposal scene is that rather than being either Saja, Ryan or Yoon Jae to her, by proposing to DM, he was asking to be someone much more significant: her fiance. I do think Saja is her term of endearment for him though, and that's why she affectionately calls him that before the beautiful wall kiss that concludes the drama.

14 hours ago, lighthearted said:

My little candy :heart:

This is my reaction for your photo collage of Gun Woo: Awwww....

60247109_451324552105742_654350512497360

A staff posted videos from the wrap party (swipe to the second video to see Curator Yoo + Ryan + Deok Mi + Seon Joo - think KJW is announcing the winner for some lucky draw):

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Deok Mi caught falling asleep, but still looking cute:

%EC%9E%A0.gif?type=w1200

Move over, Cha Si An. Deok Mi is a bigger fangirl of this cute puppy:

original_2.gif?type=pa50_50image_721913981559699805974.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

More photos here: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=20835353&memberNo=1609562

Spoiler

IMG_2479.jpg

BZ8A8586.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

Upcoming V-Live: 

https://www.vlive.tv/video/132560

@ 18:00 (GMT+8)

Ahn Bo Hyun will be going on V-live today to talk about his experience filming HPL,
so don't miss out!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Hi guys!

I've been on and off on soompi forum since years ago. I'm a die hard fan of Her Private Life and Kim Jae Wook. But just recently decide to lurk on this soompi forum for Her Private Life and Kim Jae Wook thread. I've been active on different platform, like the drama page comment on other sites, youtube, then twitter and instagram.

It's just that I can't move on from this drama that I decide to find every last pieces about it, which I began from the first episode airing of the drama. Now that youtube has barely any videos that I haven't watched, I'm hoping I can find something new in this forum to fangirling on again.

Nice to see you fellow soompiers.

• Like 8

On 6/2/2019 at 10:13 AM, Sky8lue said:

I'll still lurk in this thread every now and then and post updates if any. And dear @NaYouSabi?, could you please tag me when you post your new scripts if that's not too inconvenient? I love reading your scripts...you have such a wicked sense of humour!!! 

Thanks EVERYONE in the HPL big family for all the updates, commentaries, insights, live recaps, translations about HPL during the past many weeks!!!

:thumbsup::kiss_wink: ... its not an inconvenient ... its actually a motivation because personally i always feel my post are just interesting just tio me ... will watch the last episodes this week ..  

On 6/2/2019 at 12:53 PM, Ameera Ali said:

usually kiss & abs catch my eye while lurking :joy:

but food will do today - thinking of lunch :phew:

no need for KJW open his arm that big , I will run gladly for food :sweat_smile:

Spoiler

8266A9B4-5246-4B2E-B941-5A23E62B6678.jpg

my two favourite things on this earth ... food and KJW what else an a girl ask for ... and is he offering us a hug???:ph34r:

On 6/2/2019 at 11:35 AM, bliss1004 said:

but this pic that KJW shared on ig shows that different skirt...i think that is a blanket to cover "her" sexiness.. just like the interview with female celebs that we used to watch..they covered their sexy legs / hips / underwear from being seeing by the audience..so they covered with a blanket..i don't understand why this Latte nim also need the blanket?? :D

i wonder how it feels as a human being to be able to pull of being but male and female ....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, Carmarie said:
On 6/4/2019 at 2:45 AM, Aziraphale said:

I will forever rue that the drama never gave Ryan's adoptive parents the credit they deserve. For me, they've done more for Ryan than anyone else in the world, and this should have been properly acknowledged. Ryan does speak of them fondly, and Deok-mi's mother did mention a few times that Ryan must have been raised by outstanding parents, but those just aren't enough. It has to be said though that Ryan's fluency in Korean is a bit unrealistic given that he's never stepped foot in Korea after being adopted - while his adoptive mother probably spoke to him in Korean, surely his adoptive father didn't. To reach that level of fluency requires more than just that. But well, we can probably handwave that away and say that he can do anything because he's Ryan Gold B)

@CarmarieI had asked this question many pages and pages ago and suggested to see some kind of communication between Ryan and his adoptive parents to let them know what is happening with him the sad and the happy afterall they would be concerned too. I got a post back from Korean speaking posters in the thread (can't remember who, sorry) how they interpreted what Ryan said to DM about his parents. They said that Ryan was talking about them using the "past tense" so they said that the parents must have passed away. If that were the case, I still would have thought that Ryan, lee Sol and DM's mom would have made a bow for them too while they were at the temple or at least light a candle for them at the church where Lee Sol first donated her last painting.

I am just going think that Ryan and DM while in NY visited the resting place of the adoptive parents to offer flowers. Ryan has got to live up to his name "Gold". 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I had asked this question many pages and pages ago and suggested to see some kind of communication between Ryan and his adoptive parents to let them know what is happening with him the sad and the happy afterall they would be concerned too. I got a post back from Korean speaking posters in the thread (can't remember who, sorry) how they interpreted what Ryan said to DM about his parents. They said that Ryan was talking about them using the "past tense" so they said that the parents must have passed away. I still would have thought that Ryan, lee Sol and DM's mom would have made a bow for them too while they were at the temple or at least light a candle for them at the church where Lee Sol first donated her last painting.

I am just going think that Ryan and DM while in NY visited the resting place of the adoptive parents to offer flowers. Ryan has got to live up to his name "Gold". 

I got a different response from another commenter in another forum, that Korean doesn't have a special tense for dead people. In any case, whether they're dead or alive, it is a sad fact that Ryan's adoptive parents never got the credit and acknowledgement they deserve. I hate that the drama made Ryan address a practical stranger as his mother - that woman did almost nothing for him. Adoption turned out to be the best thing for Ryan, but it's a shame the drama did not have the guts to acknowledge this point.

• Like 9

Hello all HPL lovers:love: 

Its Wednesday today, but sadly no more HPL..

Missing HPL& RG& DM like craazyy:bawling:.

The withdrawal is REAL.. I’m HPL marathoning btw.. Currently stopping at episode 11 to pull myself together..can’t help but cry along with RG..:bawling:. Literally cried 1 litre of tears here. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aziraphale said:

I got a different response from another commenter in another forum, that Korean doesn't have a special tense for dead people. In any case, whether they're dead or alive, it is a sad fact that Ryan's adoptive parents never got the credit and acknowledgement they deserve. I hate that the drama made Ryan address a practical stranger as his mother - that woman did almost nothing for him. Adoption turned out to be the best thing for Ryan, but it's a shame the drama did not have the guts to acknowledge this point.

I agree. Whatever happened that led to the adoption, the adoptive parents did the best for Ryan, he is their son and they must have loved dearly. It is almost like blood vs nurture and blood is always thicker just because they share the same blood. 

• Like 6