[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

4 minutes ago, Airpork said:

Finally finished the last 2 episodes today. It is really a great love comedy. Love everything about it and I’m gonna miss this show so much. Been reading the thread every day and I don’t know how I can start another new show :bawling:

Hide contents

Kinda disappointed to read that some people said the plot is too weak and rely on skinship too much. I don’t think this is true at all. The director and writer did a very good job to portray a realistic romance. Although Ryan and DM characters are too nice, but I think the key message of this drama is open communication with your loved ones, not jump into conclusions and always show empathy. The chemistry between PMY and KJW is like icing on the cake and makes the whole drama journey a delightful one. 

About the hide content

Spoiler

Well, maybe they thought the plot is weak because this is the first time in K drama land that they didn't drag the angst and dramas for couple episodes. All the problems are solved quite fast and honestly I love that kind of drama especially if I want to watch romcom. It's a romcom, I don't want it to be gloomy in the middle and bright again towards the end.

The plot of the story is about Deok Mi's balancing her life as a successful career woman, successful fan, and success in love too. Well, she became Vice Director at the end with we actually saw her development as curator, she became successful fangirl with Si An adoring SiNaGil, and success in her love life with Ryan. As for Ryan, he came to Korea to search for answer for his trauma and ended with having all the answers he wanted, he got the love of his life, and being able to draw again and making a comeback in New York. And the writer didn't left any of that being abandoned pothole. This drama is not perfect, but it is freaking good enough.

And agree with you with the key message for the drama.

Or maybe the people who thought the plot is weak are just haters :lol:

Don't even start on chemistry between PMY and KJW. I can even make an entire essay about that :joy:

15 minutes ago, SGahjumma said:

Some one asked about the actor who acts Eom So Hye husband. 

http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Han-Wi

OMG YES!!! The jussi from Top Star Yoo Baek!!! Lee Sang Yeob's aboji!!!! Thank you for the info! Finally I can sleep well tonight :lol:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

hey hey hey ... i was going to watch the two last episodes today ( procrastinate for a while ) but i got a virus so i have to format everything ... am pissed ... anyway can only watch again after the exams next week ... am just sad everyone is planning to leave ... i plan to rewatch this after the exams to feed my anxiety as i wait for my results ... anyway i saw someone saying they want to rewatch ... ping me lets rewatch together i feel i need to give this show a proper recap start to finish ... and really reanalyse everything just cause i can ... i ust came here to read the comments , as i convince myself to only wacth after my last paper ..

• Like 6

Just saw the subbed BTS of the last episodes... 

Aww... KJW got emotional during the proposal scene.. i guess he knows the drama is going to end soon hence was sad at its ending and wouldnt be meeting all the casts anymore. One of his most memorable productions which gained him a lot of fans.

Not the 1 million IG followers i was predicting but good enough at 760k followers now. All the best KJW, will see you in another rom com if youre into it :)

• Like 10
  • Love 1

@NaYouSabi?

good luck on your exams...will still be lurking...will take a couple of weeks or months to move on from a drama that I like...

so if you have any more scripts you want to come up with for HPL...do tag us and we’ll come back to read them...please put a warning in case I get serious STS...

was just choking on the abs series by @heoimajeossi

maybe try the fiery priest in totality...was cherry picking eps...

still too chicken for the full motaegu or the guest...why kjw why so scary????

would love to see him in a ensemble cast like the fiery priest....moments of gravitas mixed in with goofy humour....

plus kjw n kng are chingus too...

• Like 6

The ending was perfect! The whole drama was perfect from great cast to great outfit to the way they solved the conflicts!

Seriously, this drama cured my seasonal depression. I was really happy for the past 3 month. This drama has brought me joy and I will definitely remember spring 2019 as the rainy season and HPL. After working 12 hour shift at night in the hospital, I used to run to my car and drive home and try to stay awake to watch HPL in the morning, some days I was able to stay up to watch and some days I would fall a sleep waiting for the live stream loool. I worked in nursery and there is a baby named Ryan and every time he cries in the middle of the night I would cuddle him and tell him about what happened on HPL that week and he would stop crying!

i am really gonna miss this drama. Thank you for all contributing by recapping and posting your thearies and all the fangirling/ fanboying! I am gonna go back to reality and recover from withdrawal! Until next time, take care everyone :wub:

• Like 17
  • Love 7

11 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

Unfortunately, it's over. Hopefully, they had enough responses to proceed with the Director's cut.

Crossing my finger! Hopefully the studio won't reject the dvd demand. 

Will HPL be broadcasted in other countries? Like Taiwan, Philippines, or other? I hope they will get to promote this beautiful drama outside South Korea. It will be better if PMY or KJW (I prefer both :lol:) can go abroad to promote this. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Airpork said:

Hide contents

Kinda disappointed to read that some people said the plot is too weak and rely on skinship too much. I don’t think this is true at all. The director and writer did a very good job to portray a realistic romance. Although Ryan and DM characters are too nice, but I think the key message of this drama is open communication with your loved ones, not jump into conclusions and always show empathy. The chemistry between PMY and KJW is like icing on the cake and makes the whole drama journey a delightful one. 

Yes you are right.

I think HPL is well written drama. Stick to the tittle “her private life” we still can see DM’s life leading the story line. From just a fangirl and curator climbing up become a very successful fan (also find her tru love) and also become vice director and even go to US like she was dream before. 

Spoiler

Not like PMY previous drama that use her character as the tittle but the story line is just abt the vp’s past

Eventho RG looks like the main character here, I think it’s because we are too amazed by Kim Jae Wook. He’s too delightful to ignore. Both DM and RG are mature characters. What is shown at the drama is what reality looks like. And that’s how adults behave.

This is the most lovely kdrama ever, I dont need those stupid distractions just to give more color to the plot. We are just happy to see their happiness, we’re sad to see their sadness, we’re laughing to see their funny scenes, etc. At the end WE LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS DRAMA. 

Spoiler

I know where you read that comment lol. I am my self always triggered to write my perspective over there (about the story line of course, I mean how come they discuss abt how bad HPL in their opinion at their shipper thread). But, I know there’s age gap between me and them so it’s a waste to leave another comment there. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

But those kind of post can actually be reported to the MOD..soompi is strict with bashing rules. Back in 2015 on our shippers thread we are not even allowed to mention other artist..I mean if you meant to bash them. We even got 1 of out member kicked out because of creating negative atmosphere within our thread. We can be hardcore but still be respectful. 

I actually have more things to say but I don't want to change the mood in here.. this is just a positive place..

Anyways I'm happy for the LaBit couple they deserve the recognition.. again ratings may not be exceptional but u can see that they have solid fanbase internationaly and the fact that they are rocking the buzzworthy list week after week meaning a lot of ppl do talk about the drama.

• Like 10