[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

24 minutes ago, bitsbitsbits said:

Did KJW and PMY sit next to each other during the wrap up party? :)

From some of the photo, KJW sit next to his Mother in Law :sweatingbullets: May Be he go around and talk not sure 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Khinqian said:

From some of the photo, KJW sit next to his Mother in Law :sweatingbullets: May Be he go around and talk not sure 

Well, maybe she sat on his left side. Who knows :lol: #IDontWantToMoveOn

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, rcalma said:

Do we have the best couple award at tvN drama awards??? Can i vote for Labbit Couple in advance???  

Or will the upcoming Rom-Com of this year can surpass the perfect chemistry build by our OTP's... 

I think this will be the best of this year 2019...

Too bad tvn dont hold annual drama awards. The only award from tvn was its 10th anniversary in 2016. 

Eungi-hyojin is super cute but kim bora already has bf right?

BTW, Jo Jung Suk casted for Shin PD (reply series) new drama, medical genre. So im hoping shin pd will cast kjw. Did he ever got doctor/medical related role before? 

• Like 5

I just watched episode 16 and just wanted to point something out which caught my attention. For the scene where the two families were leaving after visiting Deok Soo's resting place, you can see Ryan's mum and Ryan walking towards the car together. If you look carefully at the very last moment it looks like she's extending her arm to grab Ryan's but he kinda shrugged her off and walked away. I thought that was very weird and not very consistent? Was the film still rolling after they had called 'CUT' and we just saw that KJW and the actress that portrayed his mother didn't actually get along? What do you guys think?

Series review from Koala's Playground, bolding mine:

Sure sure, you can quibble with me that leads Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook didn't start making out until episode 9 of just concluded tvN drama Her Private Life and after which they rarely came up for air. Or started a few episodes earlier when they fake kissed or imaginary kissed just as steamily onscreen as the real deal. But when you average out how much kissing and snuggling and in general loving those two engaged in during the entire course of the drama, it averages out to them making out for 16-episode straight compared to any other rom-com in existence.

I loved the drama from beginning to end, from the silly comedy to the rather meaningful emotional catharsis and the surprising character development for all the characters including the supports. This was the rom-com I've been saying K-dramas can do if they tried and definitely the one that deserved having Kim Jae Wook as the male lead in his first perfect romantic leading man outing. Park Min Young basically looked like she was being woo'd and loved for the second half of the drama legit no acting needed. Lucky girl and lucky us viewers to have this little morsel of perfection for all rainy nights ahead as rewatch midnight snack.

ETA: Also, a fangirl screaming Ryan Gold's iconic line to him:

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

yay!!! we are at 250 now!!

25 minutes ago, snow_ob_sorrow said:

I just watched episode 16 and just wanted to point something out which caught my attention. For the scene where the two families were leaving after visiting Deok Soo's resting place, you can see Ryan's mum and Ryan walking towards the car together. If you look carefully at the very last moment it looks like she's extending her arm to grab Ryan's but he kinda shrugged her off and walked away. I thought that was very weird and not very consistent? Was the film still rolling after they had called 'CUT' and we just saw that KJW and the actress that portrayed his mother didn't actually get along? What do you guys think?

Humm ... I think he is just getting car's key in the pocket

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Btw, i saw that the couple from the new drama that will replace tvn wed-thurs slot got their magazines photoshoot already...

As much as all of u guys mention before, I really really reallyyy wish our labit couple will got a new project together

whatever it is....:wub:

• Like 8

Spoiler

14 hours ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

1. "His/Her's beauty is out of the world, so it is hard to capture it." - DM for  Si An vs RG for DM.

2. Eom fangirling over Si An when she hated her daughter for it. Crazy development!

3. The way DM's contribution is acknowledged by RG in the morning - stark contrast to how Eom/the guest dismissed her work during the first ep!

4. Taking photo of Si An with his nearest and dearest, vs. taking photo of Si An from a distance using telescopic lens!

5. Fangirling over videos of Si An in the cafe to fangirling over actual Si An right in front of them!

6. DM's mom waited all night at the playground to meet RG's mom and they are finally having a conversation in the temple.

7. "I think she's asking about your birthday" DM said about their mothers vs that for marital compatibility that DM's mom pestered her for and she told RG!

8. DM's dad started his hobby of collecting stones after he lost his son. RG's mom stopped painting after she lost her son.

9. DM asked him to read up on his Korean when he didn't get her sarcasm(that yeah, as if he'd refrain from drinking) when she sarcastically said "of course you do". He teased her by saying that when she said she looked good in yellow!

10. The bridal style picking up and putting to bed, was in contrast to how she brought him home when he had drunk a lot in the first staff dinner.

11. Ryan not shaking hands with anyone, but readily doing so with DI(he got over his trauma of cold hands).

12. DM's promotion got replaced by RG coming from USA and now she's getting a chance to work in USA.

13. RG being horrified by her terrible taste(when she tried to get LS painting from him in the China auction) vs. him completely trusting her taste right now and coming out of retirement.

14. Eom making RG director to RG making Eom director. It's hilarious.

15. DM sneaking as SJ's husband to see her during childbirth vs the lesbian couple RG imagined them to be + cross dressed RG playing Latte.

16. THE KISS THE WALL KISS. DM was glowing. I love this so much. I can't breathe. That parallel with 'do you want me', and then that kiss. Dead, deceased and buried.

11 hours ago, Ramenqueen19 said:

Love this list!! Adding one more 

17. RG and DM playfully smearing chalk pain on each other face when younger w. Playing with flour when making food

18. DM saying RG face is her canvas to paint w. Her applying lipstick by kissing him! 

19. HJ told her mom she has no other wish if she died now, the exact line DM said after meeting SA in person

8 hours ago, kenrei said:

20. If I may add, the part where DM was trying to learn more about Ryan as an artist by researching on the art scene from where he came from parallels the time where Ryan signed up on the fan cafe to learn more about DM as a fan/SNG.

Adding to the above list of parallels,

21. Deokmi softly singing to a White Ocean song while Ryan is driving grumpily in episode 5 vs Deokmi full-on singing and dancing feat. some dorky dancing by driver Ryan in episode 15 (as illustrated by this Tumblr gif set).

Also, here is a Twitter thread of Ryan Gold facial expressions for all your meme needs. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dramageek said:

Chingus I love our interaction here, and now I am sad that the drama end.

I realy loves PMY act in all romantic scene in HPL. I notices something different. To prevent my self of being bias, I try to see any available clips from youtube of PMY and her previous co-star, U know for research purpose LOL. Turn out that I am right.

A. Other story that Park Min Young did, involving the theme "we are not suppose to be together", so there were a lot of "goodbye kiss" or "dont push me away kiss", and "longing kiss". She did well in all of those kisses though, especially in Healer one.

B. In WWWSK, the first kiss can be categorized as "don't push me away kiss". Other kiss is always passionate but may be the directing want it to be rather dramatic build up to something? PMY's reaction after kiss was as someone that receiving an overwhelming passion? She received it because she love him too. It did make sense with the storyline that YJ love and passion kinda erupting, after all he must hold it in for 9 years.

C. Here in HPL, we can see multiple reaction to the kiss from PMY. And I think emotional delivery in every kiss she did in HPL was so vary and different from her previous projects. In HPL she managed to pull off different emotion.

1. In thumb kiss she has bewildered look in her face.

2. In imaginary blind fold kiss after she initiate the kiss her eyes express worry, what if Ryan did no feel the same way, then after the magic word do you want me and she nod, she express longing for Ryan afection so well.

3. In workshop kiss, after the first gentle kiss after Ryan said that he want it to be real, her teary eyes looking for reasurance that Ryan did like her for real. Than after that kiss that unleash all pent up passion and emotion. Her eyes said "ottoke" when the interuption happen. Then continuing kiss in hiding (coz the pent up passion and emotion had not been released yet). Than this is my favorite: smile and laughter after wood falling accident, never appear before in her previous kiss. The laughter and smile really emphasis that they are so happy together.

4. Stealing kiss after two wrist kiss, I love when she smiled afterwards. She smiled with her eyes and wrinkly nose to. Here she was naughty cute.

5. In 1st rooftop kiss, where she smiled while receiving forehead kiss and nose kiss, and then smile in between when he held her hand, then sime again when it ended, her eye looked up to his eyes, it so romantic giving me all the feels... One of my favorite.

6. Two lusty Sinagil kiss in the sofa where she takes the lead. Too bad there were bell and Cindy interuption afterward.

7. Kiss (peck) coz finding jealous ryan to cute

8. We can call sujebi kiss as playfull kiss. Here she also smiled in between kisses.

9. Studio kiss was so emotionaly charged. I love how both of them saying sarangheyo softly. She is so beautiful when her tears fall. Kiss after that, was more like them pouring all the love that they feel. Less passionate then workshop kiss but more in deep emotional level.

10. Lipstick kiss. This was also an playful all smile kisses. I love at first she kinda do stamping-lipstick kiss, then give up and do the real smochy kiss than fix the lipstick afterward.

11. Wall Kiss. She was the dominant one here: she asked kagoshippo yo? While Ryan leaning on the wall slightly sitting on the railing, she showehed him kisses, I miss U kisses. Here Ryan was seen smile in between while Deokmi just kiss and kiss. Here we see confident Deok Mi who already succeed in career and succeed as a breadwinner who support her fiancee to come back as an artist.

Other than those kisses, we also have two almost kiss, faking wall kiss and avoiding coffee alergy kiss.

Other than lip kiss we also have, wrist kisses by Ryan, Go Stop wrist kiss by Deokmi, rooftop forehead kiss, snugling in the sofa forehead kiss, cheek kiss after breakfast delivery, bribing ryan kiss in the car, and forehead and cheek kiss after waking up on Ryan's bed. I love all PMY reaction after all that scene, whether she initiated or as a receiving end.

So in my opinion in this Drama, PMY had the happiest kiss (with record number, tehe... not including ng etc that don't make the cut). FIGHT ME if you don't agree! ;) Kudos to both PMY and KJW (after counting I can understand your blistered lip).

Why I gives praise especially to PMY in all this kiss?

1. She has more experience as first lead in tv drama. KJW himself said in interview that he leaned to PMY a lot. After seing the BTS, i see her gave advice to KJW on angle and where to craddle her face so it will be pretty in camera. So she is a pro.

2. Given better character and opportunity to do add lib, PMY succeeds to potray Deok Mi as a women in love, albeith with insecurity at first, give love happily and confidently. It is so empowering, that in love relationship that equal, both can also be happy and content. She did her best given her character written in her previous drama, but wow did she shine in his drama as strong women.

Off course I won't discount KJW roles. PMY said herself that KJW act with his eyes. So I think it was easier for her to potrays emotion by looking at KJW's eyes. They both did those amazing eye acting to each other. It also help that KJW has the best stare, compare to her previous co star. Handsomeness is relative, but eye acting and eye stare, hands on KJW is the best.

Smile between kisses that I love so much, I think also influenced by how easy going KJW behind the scene, always smile and burst into laughter. Making PMY comfortable and easy to create happy kisses.

On side note: Making KJW never get the girl in his previous drama is a waste dear Kdrama producer and writer! Less chance utilizing his kissing skill! He did select second lead coz it has more interesting characters. Then why don't you writer start to create more awesome character as first lead that would interest him? So I can see him more in my TV?

totally agree...

PMY is one of my fav K-actresses. She becomes one of the most deciding factors for me if I want to watch a drama (though I'll skip if the genre isn't my liking haha) since Healer (I really liked her in that..so spunky XD). For me, she's a really decent actress who can emote well...and her characters all have some sincerity in them. She also can generate so much chemistry with her male leads (though yes, I haven't watched some of her dramas where ppl said the OTPs aren't believable).

Both her and KJW are so lucky to have each other as partner this time. We can't deny that KJW is a solid actor...and he's quite intense in expressing his emotions in action, but She can match his intensity very well. He can learn from her how to act in a romcom cuz she can guide him well (and he'll listen). As a result, their chemistry is off the roof. Deokmi and Ryan were so pleasant and heart-fluttering/heart-warming to watch from the beginning to the end. The writing of their characters also helps them to shine more. They're legitimately one of the memorable drama couples I've ever seen. For the entire drama, I just feel so happy T_T

==============================================================================================

More Ryan Gold goodies from SOOP

I know some of them were posted already...but we need more Ryan Gold :wub: 

2-2.jpg?type=w1200

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=18651176&memberNo=22903361&navigationType=push

• Like 9
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 2

@OndineThat quip about HPL being the rom-com Kdramas can do if they tried is so right. I really really do think that HPL is the best rom-com I've ever seen, movie, series, kdrama, whatever. It beats every other rom-com out there. It doesn't mean much in comparison with other genres, because the rom-com is probably one of the most shallow and light in terms of plot and depth, and yet it's still my favorite genre. A rom-com is supposed to be escapist, light, fun, fluffy and gives you all the warm feelings inside, and make you feel that life is good. HPL may be the best I've watched that aspires to be that. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, snow_ob_sorrow said:

Nope.. the entire casts get along really well. He definitely didn’t shrugged her off. he just trying to reach for the car key in his pocket..nothing to worry about babe. KJW is a nice guy he won’t do such thing:innocent:

To be honest i had my attention elsewhere.. can’t help but noticed RG kept reaching for DM in that scene when they’re leaving. He was like reaching for DM’s back to walk her to EG’s van. Cute doesn’t he:love:

somebody said about writing a fanfic? Please do write.. be happy to read em:kiss_wink:

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@OndineThat quip about HPL being the rom-com Kdramas can do if they tried is so right. I really really do think that HPL is the best rom-com I've ever seen, movie, series, kdrama, whatever. It beats every other rom-com out there. It doesn't mean much in comparison with other genres, because the rom-com is probably one of the most shallow and light in terms of plot and depth, and yet it's still my favorite genre. A rom-com is supposed to be escapist, light, fun, fluffy and gives you all the warm feelings inside, and make you feel that life is good. HPL may be the best I've watched that aspires to be that. 

I agree; I watch rom-coms because I just want be entertained and delighted, and not think too hard or get stressed. (Which is why I was a WGM fan, of certain couples anyway.) And I get stressed when the leads make dumb decisions and end up hurting each other. I also get stressed when male leads show their misogynistic a**es, which is why HPL is my #1 K-rom com now as well. :D

• Like 19

One legit complaint about episode 16.... WHY DIDN'T THEY INCLUDE MORE GUN WOO-RYAN SCENES!!! This was all we got, even though it was still cute! When Lion meets Mushroom...:lol:

Gun Woo x Ryan is love!

Gun Woo x Gwangjang-nim is also love!

• Like 7
  • Love 10

12 hours ago, Ondine said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Adding to the above list of parallels,

21. Deokmi softly singing to a White Ocean song while Ryan is driving grumpily in episode 5 vs Deokmi full-on singing and dancing feat. some dorky dancing by driver Ryan in episode 15 (as illustrated by this Tumblr gif set).

Also, here is a Twitter thread of Ryan Gold facial expressions for all your meme needs. :D

I love this tweet : Now we know why he (KJW) has been putting off romcoms. Because he knows we wouldn't be able to handle him!!!! Foxy bastard

i think we can all agree that KJW is underrated and has been wasted as second leads in so many dramas but hopefully this one will bring him into mainstream popularity!!

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 12

Ohhh cutie Geon Woo! Because of him, I wish PMY’s next role will be a mom or a teacher. Anything that would let her be more involved with kids. Kid actors in Kdramas are just so adorable aside from being talented at a young age.

When SJ announced her second pregnancy, I was thinking what if her and DM will be pregnant at the same time...lol. These bff will surely have fun fangirling while preggy but may worry their dear husbands to death :lol:. Dear fanfic writers, can you include this scenario please?lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 1