[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

35 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I can't put pic on quote...but im curious where did you watch one with both KR and ENG subtitle?

I want KR subtitle T_T

Viki.com. They have a feature called Learn Mode. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't work on my Roku streaming TV device as I like watching on a bigger screen. It only works on the web and iOs. 

• Like 1

Love the analysis below, credit to OP on tumblr https://lovingquotesthatspeakmymind.tumblr.com/post/185226309324/thoughts-on-ep-15-come-to-think-about-it-for-the

“Come to think about it, for the time when I couldn’t draw, perhaps it was meant for me to find something that was more precious. To me, it was you that I found.” - Ryan Gold to Deok Mi 

I think most of us would have anticipated this “childhood stories” concept quite early into the drama. I suspected it too. 

But what Ep 15 did well was that it kinda made this “childhood concept” less cliché. 

• It’s true that Deok Mi and Ryan knew each other from young. However, at the age of 7 both of them had a bad experience that traumatised them for the rest of their life. 
  • For Deok Mi, the loss of her younger brother due to car accident caused her to forget most of her childhood even the happy moments. Because of the vague memories she have, she gets nightmare too but she can’t remember it well. 
  • For Ryan, as we all know, he was abandoned at orphanage by someone (as expected was Deok Mi’s mom). This rather vivid memory constantly gave him nightmare and was part of the reason why he couldn’t draw.

Tbh, the concept of childhood friends for Ryan and Deok Mi in this drama is not main focus (at least from my POV). Rather it was the fact that in the process of finding out his childhood trauma and overcoming his inability to draw, Ryan got to meet Deok Mi who was the total opposite of Ryan even though both of them can no longer draw. While Ryan suffered due to his inability to draw again, Deok Mi made use of her talents to live as a fansite master and remained cheerful. And even though they might have known each other when they were younger, that wasn’t the main reason why they chose to stay with each other despite knowing the truth. 

They stayed with each other because Deok Mi has been a constant pillar of support for Ryan. She was there when he needed someone to hug and tell him everything will be alright. She was there when he had doubts about his mom. She was there when everyone, including himself, knew that he can no longer draw but she encouraged him bit by bit. To Deok Mi, Ryan was someone who embraced her “idol/fandom/fansite master” side without any judgments. 

And indeed Her Private Life really showed us what a mature relationship is all about - COMMUNICATION.

Without that, relationship is really as fragile as you can see in any other kdrama with lots of misunderstanding and childish arguments (oops but it’s true)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, starrysky18 said:

Which one is Mr hand towel?? 

I think she's referring to Lee Min Ho and City Hunter. Lol. City Hunter wasn't bad, but I hate how the OTP was treated there. Romance poorly done, and watching Healer before I watch CH just made CH's failings even more apparent to me. 

I say this as someone who loved WWWSK, the ML in HPL is so much better. The romance also was more mature (not R18 mature lol) and grounded. WWWSK felt more like a fairy-tale in an office setting, where a Cinderella-like Kim Mi So is swept away by the rich handsome prince and was a very passive recipient towards his affection. I love HPL because it was an equal romance. One did not court or chase the other, no courtship happened. It was just two people who found themselves in a peculiar spot (fake relationship) and slowly connected with each other, then fell in love. Remember, RG first thought DM was lesbian, so he connected with her more as a person before he was attracted to her as a woman. That made his love deeper IMHO. The romance was more realistic and mature than anything WWWSK had. 

If you're in the mood for a fairy-tale romance, WWWSK is definitely the better choice there. But for me, HPL beats it as the best and my favorite rom-com. Doesn't mean WWWSK is bad, it just means it's second place. Lol. Can't judge the ratings too, because PSJ is by far the bigger star than PMY and KJW. WWWSK rode the popularity of PSJ which was likely why it was such a ratings powerhouse. HPL had to "take the risk" with PMY "carrying" KJW in the beginning, given that KJW is in uncharted territory for him as an actor (and we all know how many IG followers he had prior to the drama). 

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 6

5 minutes ago, Ondine said:

The cast holding up their last episode scripts. :tears: Love Park Jin Joo's touch of holding the leaf, reminds me of what Seon Joo made Joo Hyuk do during their photo shoot.:lol:

There's an additional tweet on there that says:

Goodbye comments:

Park Min-young, "The audience's love made Deok-mi and Ryan beautiful."

Kim Jae-wook, "I was happy to support Her Private Life and LaBit Couple.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

They are still filming until today? :scream: How the pd-nim can edit it? The last episode will be tonight.

I guess they won't go to wedding scene like the webtoon did. ;)

This is normal in Kdrama. They will shoot until evening or sometimes until 7 pm  on the last day before hand in the final tape to the editing team. If you want to get a glimpse on how the industry work watch Hyun Bin and Song Hye Kyo drama Worlds Within. It tells on how the production teams works like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

I think she's referring to Lee Min Ho and City Hunter. Lol. City Hunter wasn't bad, but I hate how the OTP was treated there. Romance poorly done, and watching Healer before I watch CH just made CH's failings even more apparent to me. 

I say this as someone who loved WWWSK, the ML in HPL is so much better. The romance also was more mature (not R18 mature lol) and grounded. WWWSK felt more like a fairy-tale in an office setting, where a Cinderella-like Kim Mi So is swept away by the rich handsome prince and was a very passive recipient towards his affection. I love HPL because it was an equal romance. One did not court or chase the other, no courtship happened. It was just two people who found themselves in a peculiar spot (fake relationship) and slowly connected with each other, then fell in love. Remember, RG first thought DM was lesbian, so he connected with her more as a person before he was attracted to her as a woman. That made his love deeper IMHO. The romance was more realistic and mature than anything WWWSK had. 

If you're in the mood for a fairy-tale romance, WWWSK is definitely the better choice there. But for me, HPL beats it as the best and my favorite rom-com. Doesn't mean WWWSK is bad, it just means it's second place. Lol. Can't judge the ratings too, because PSJ is by far the bigger star than PMY and KJW. WWWSK rode the popularity of PSJ which was likely why it was such a ratings powerhouse. HPL had to "take the risk" with PMY "carrying" KJW in the beginning, given that KJW is in uncharted territory for him as an actor (and we all know how many IG followers he had prior to the drama). 

Just curious why do you think PSJ is by far the bigger star than PMY and KJW? I would agree if you say popular but IMHO  PSJ IS not the bigger star...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ramenqueen19 said:

Just curious why do you think PSJ is by far the bigger star than PMY and KJW? I would agree if you say popular but IMHO  PSJ IS not the bigger star...

I agree. PSJ maybe the more popular one but he is not the bigger star. Both PMY n KJW are his sunbae. They have been working hard and has great dramas under their belt. 

PSJ just got lucky that he rise to stardom early as he is talented and gets great drama. So yah i agree he is the more popular maybe but that doesn’t mean he is bigger or better than pmy or kjw

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

{snipped}

It's HPL for me, too. I would've dropped WWWSK in episode 3 if it weren't for PSJ/PMY as I had been waiting for their collaboration for a long time.

Spoiler

I was actually surprised that PMY and PSJ chose to do wwwsk as both have good tastes when it comes to dramas.  The tropes were just TOO cheesy and cringe-worthy for me even in Kdrama standards.

Anyway, how gorgeous are these two?

Z0vGwjY.png

iSr5alL.png

EIrKiFA.png

• Like 13
  • Love 5

15 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

It's HPL for me, too. I would've dropped WWWSK in episode 3 if it weren't for PSJ/PMY as I had been waiting for their collaboration for a long time.

Hide contents

I was actually surprised that PMY and PSJ chose to do wwwsk as both have good tastes when it comes to dramas.  The tropes were just TOO cheesy and cringe-worthy for me even in Kdrama standards.

Re: hidden part, maybe who the director was became a factor for them too? Well, at least for me he was a factor. :D I decided to watch WWWSK because of PMY and because of the director; I loved his work on BTIOFL even with the ending it had.

ETA: I think the director was able to produce something better than the WWWSK script by itself. Similar to what I said about PSJ, I think in the hands of another director it would have been crasser and more banal.

• Like 6

@Ramenqueen19 @liltash85That's exactly what I mean by bigger, he's more popular. Isn't the "biggest star" the most popular one? I don't think PSJ is better than KJW and PMY, I'm a PMY fanboy, and KJW is IMHO a better actor than KJW. But PSJ is definitely a bigger star than either, by virtue of being more popular especially to the young women demographic, I'd imagine. (don't have the stats to back this up though, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong). 

• Like 7

Here's the Naver article that had those pics: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004019495

(Google Translate version)

Nice quote from KJW:

"I was also happy because I learned a lot of respect, understanding and care in the love of Deokmi and Ryan, and I was able to convey a little bit of jitters and joys in springtime to viewers who loved and appreciated our works. In the meantime, I was really happy to support Her Private Life and Rabbit Couple."

ETA: Better translation:

• Like 9
  • Love 3

20 hours ago, lighthearted said:

Well I think every moment in their love story is wonderful and contributes to the perfection of the picture. Difficult to point out the favourite ones, however I remember my heart beat crazily during the "Annyeong", the "drunk Ryan asked DM to sing" and the wood shop kissing scenes.  KJW and PMY are both beautiful and talented to give this rom-com the true spirit of love. Watching them makes us feel like we are in love for the first time or again (depending who you are). All the smallest details of the scenario are well taken care by the writer and perfectly delivered by the actor and actress. This is the first time I keep smiling and laughing during all the couple's scenes and bts. A positive feeling after all. Thanks HPL. 

@lighthearteddaebak those are also my most favorite scenes! I have never found Korean language like this beautiful until that moment when he said "annyeong" to her. I also love his gaze when she sang Cha Si An's song to his ears. Did you notice the music started playing "I will listen to whatever you have to say"?  It's so so so beautiful. The hotness of the kiss at the carpenter shop is off the roof of course, it makes me breathless. I also love the portrait painting of Deok Mi in ep 15 as well, it's the most beautiful painting throughout the drama imo.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I actually also think that WWWSK had a lot more viewership because PSJ is very popular. Did you see the number of Instagram followers he has?? 8mil??? That's a LOT. I never knew he's THAT popular. 

Comparatively, HPL is more down to earth and sincere. Enjoyed it a lot more :)

• Like 9
  • Love 1