[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

I think KJW face and ear are becoming red because he’s laughing so hard all the time. He can barely hold back his laughs. I can feel his chemistry with PMY and it’s sooo overwhelming. 

I hope they will take a new project together in future.

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

PMY's Busted co-stars are THE BEST!

Awww, I love them so much! There needs to be a season 3 at least so it can be a trilogy. "HPL fighting, Minyoung noona fighting!" :D

• Like 10

6 hours ago, sksen said:

I thought Sindy know that DM is fangirling SA. Maybe I thought wrong.

I don't think Sindy knew. She only knew that the impression that she gave to Deok Mi wasn't a good one. 

The part when Sindy trying to talk to Sin-Nal-Gil was only trying to find out more from her but not knowing it's Deok Mi. 

• Like 7

Thanks everyone for sharing the BTS! It was so adorable, Kim Jae-wook and Park Min-young kept laughing and laughing. I love how they discuss and rehearse their scenes and come up with lots of ideas, and still have so much fun doing it. Also, how cute are they, playing stacking hands?

I hope there is a continuation of the kiss scene at the start of ep 15, because in the BTS she cradled his head at one point, but that was not in the drama.

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

And if Busted 3 needs a guest villain or guest star, you know who to call.. ;)

I like to think KJW would enjoy being a guest on Busted. It's like live role-playing improv, quite different from most of the productions on TV. (I know I would love to be a player/detective on it!) Come to think of it, he and PMY seem to do a lot of role-playing improv on HPL. :lol:

• Like 12

I'm probably a minority here, but I am okay with the explanation of how Lee Seol lost Yeon Jae.  

Today it is unthinkable how a parent could leave his/her child unattended like that, but 26 years I think it was probably not that big of a deal.  Anywhere in the world I'm sure you agree that what was safe in the past is unsafe today, even considered as child endangerment these days.   Yes the car accident  trope is overused, but in my opinion this explanation is better to mend Ryan's trauma because for sure he knows he wasn't abandoned.

If Lee Seol was forced by her family to leave her child for adoption because of the single mother stigma, or in order to marry again -  it is a more hurtful explanation for Ryan to accept, because that means her mother did choose to abandon him.  That means she did chose to have a new family rather to continue being his mom.

Anyways I'm glad this issue is sorted out quickly.  Now with only 2 more episodes left, I hope we get to see more of our OTP moments. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, kenrei said:

MinYoung, please take pity on KJW. You caressing his nape & ear is not helping. I can’t tell if his reddish tone is now his natural skin tone :lol:. Loved the bts!

:relaxed: I think Min Young were trying to hide the redness with her hands. LOL

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

I could watch the bts videos all day, there's so much fun and happiness! PMY seems like a very fun, bright, kind and loveable person. I can totally imagine the mums of all her costars wanting her as their real daughter in law :blush: KJW is so handsome, his facial bone structure is no joke and he seems like a very laidback and humble person. They really work perfectly together and have completely owned this drama.

I was rewatching some of the episodes and I really adore SA. He is incredibly grounded and I love how much he supports his mum and admires his big brother. How great was it when he asked DM if she was his fan haha he has a good sense of character hence why he already had a feeling RG was his big brother and knew what was going on between his mum and RG without having to be told. He clearly knows DM is a fan but it'll be hilarious when she's outed as his number one fan, Shin Na Gil. 

I absolutely love the part when RG gives in to SA's request for a private gallery tour cos of DM. It just highlights how loving their relationship is and how much they each have the other wrapped around their finger. It was so adorable and sweet and reminds me of something I'd do to my partner :joy:

I loved watching Director Eom's reaction as her plan crumbles too haha her "oh my god!!!" when Cindy called out "mum" to DM's mum had me in stitches :joy: 

Sad that next week is the last week but hopefully we continue seeing PMY and KJW being adorable at events and award ceremonies at least!

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Dramageek said:

On relationship between Sian and Ryan. When did Sian know that Ryan is his real hyung (half brother)?

I think when Sian told Ryan that Lee Sol is his own mom, he did not know for sure, yet. The reason he told Ryan, simply because Sian was aware that his mom will ask Ryan to cancel the exhibition, and wanted Ryan to convince her to continue. We must note that Sian couldn't possibly knew that Ryan knew that Lee Sol could be his bio mom, so he wasn't trying to drop the bomb or something.

But as a sensitive person Sian could sense Ryan strong reaction to the fact. He thought he was angry because he hide that Lee Sol was his mom, so he waited in front of his door that night to explain. Ryan's reaction did confirm that he was angry. That's lead him to ask DM, was Ryan angry because the lie behind the exhibition (him not telling the truth that Lee Sol is his mom from the beginning)? When DM said no than he must be trying to think of other reason, could it be that...?

He knows that his mom will try to talk to Ryan secretly about the exhibition. So when he found her mom break down in the hallway, he knew that it must have something to do with Ryan. That's when he put the two and two together: that Ryan is indeed his mother missing son, even though he doesn't ask her anything that night.

He knows his mom secret for sometimes. I think that the reason why he try to collect all of her painting back. He began his interests in Ryan after finding out that Ryan bought one of Lee Sol painting. After agreeing to the exhibition, i do think Sian also did try to research Ryan background. It is no secret that Ryan is an korean adoptee, so I do think Sian_ after finding out this fact_ did wonder about Ryan. Age and background wise, Ryan fitted the profile of his missing hyung. That's why he tries to befriend him and listing facts that their meeting was fate. I think Sian also suspected that Ryan bought Lee Sol painting for himself not for his client.

When Sian asked Ryan to meet afterwards, I do think he did it well. He emphasized "hyung" warmly to an awkward Ryan, implying that he knew. Telling him there is something special and fated in their relationship and simply ask him a chance for their mother to explain by giving him her number (so he can call her wen he's ready).

There are many possibilities of how the fate of both Ryan and SiAn came together that we could have already thought of. 

Ever since Episode 3, that was the first encounter of the painting that brought the both of them together. 

But I felt that SiAn wasn't aware from the beginning that all these paintings are related as he asked how Ryan got to know about it. I could still remember how flustered Ryan was. Then, during Episode 6, Ryan went to SiAn's House as one more painting has been found. Initially, I thought SiAn knew about Ryan's past when Ryan asked how he knew there are more paintings. But then I realized that he was just surprised and never expected Ryan's response. And then, he got a call from his mum, but he wasn't feeling any intense despite Ryan's presence. 

I really love how SiAn handles all these situations with considerations and encouragement to his mum. And he slowly joins all these puzzles back to where it was. Lee Sol could have told SiAn about her past but didn't mention it was Yoon Jae. 

Be it in dramas or real life situations, when you have a blood relation with someone, there will always be a special bond between each other, that's how Ryan and SiAn are, cannot be denied. Even SiAn felt comfortable with his hyung. 

SiAn's definitely one of the sweetest boy. :)

• Like 10

tumblr_pprmrfQCqh1vqfmslo5_r1_400.giftumblr_pprmrfQCqh1vqfmslo8_r1_400.giftumblr_pprmrfQCqh1vqfmslo9_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

QUIZ: Plan Your Dream Vacation And Weâll Tell You What K-Drama You Should Watch Next

QUIZ: Plan Your Dream Vacation And We’ll Tell You What K-Drama You Should Watch Next

May 24, 2019
by erinunnie

Let’s face it — most of us don’t necessarily have the time, money, or resources to visit all the places in the world we might want to go. But that doesn’t mean that we won’t get there someday. With a little dreaming, planning, and budgeting, anything is possible in time! In the meantime, this quiz gives you a chance to start planning your dream getaway and offers you a fun new Korean drama to watch over the summer. Win-win! So, what are you waiting for? Check out the quiz below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1323824wpp/quiz-plan-your-dream-vacation-and-well-tell-you-what-k-drama-you-should-watch-next

I got HPL:thumbsup:

You should watch "Her Private Life"!

You planned a stellar vacation! Based on your answers, we think you'll love "Her Private Life," a fun and flirty drama starring Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook!

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, cenching said:

The discussion about PMY here made me wanna ask something.....I am more of KJW's fan than PMY. So for those who follow her since ancient time, did you notice that her acting chop is way more advance in HPL than her previous dramas??? Because I do notice it....:glasses:

Most probably because of the leeway the PDnim  gave them and also the way she bounces off her costars. She tries to match her costar’s energy. In HPL she is more spontaneous and free because of PD nim and KJW.

In HPL, the OTP are so delicately portrayed, dunno credit to the PDnim or the OTP. 

The kiss in the ep12 is so different from the workshop kiss. If it were other PD nim or male lead, the chosen kiss would be the one in BTS, not the one in the final cut. 

PMY has the acting chops, but no opportunity to flex it. 

I chose to watch Q7D, WWWSK and HPL because of PMY. Didn’t know who was KJW before HPL. Thank God, if it were another Ms Park as FL, I would most probably missed HPL and lovely KJW (again) . 

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Learry said:

QUIZ: Plan Your Dream Vacation And We’ll Tell You What K-Drama You Should Watch Next

May 24, 2019
by erinunnie

Let’s face it — most of us don’t necessarily have the time, money, or resources to visit all the places in the world we might want to go. But that doesn’t mean that we won’t get there someday. With a little dreaming, planning, and budgeting, anything is possible in time! In the meantime, this quiz gives you a chance to start planning your dream getaway and offers you a fun new Korean drama to watch over the summer. Win-win! So, what are you waiting for? Check out the quiz below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1323824wpp/quiz-plan-your-dream-vacation-and-well-tell-you-what-k-drama-you-should-watch-next

I got HPL:thumbsup:

You should watch "Her Private Life"!

You planned a stellar vacation! Based on your answers, we think you'll love "Her Private Life," a fun and flirty drama starring Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook!

I didn't get Her Private Life. I got He is Psychometric:joy: Maybe they already knew I've watched HPL already so they recommend me HIP :joy:

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

Ryan and Deok-mi have a pretty equal relationship based on love, trust, respect and communication. The fact that he is not afraid to be vulnerable in front of Deok-mi shows his inner confidence and strength. He has nothing to hide from the woman he loves and who loves him. Deok-mi returns his faith in her by being there for him when he needs her. This is a relationship virtually unheard of in k-dramas.

This is probably what they were talking about during the presscon of the drama, when they said that KJW and PMY are going to show a mature relationship between their characters. It's refreshing to see, the equality of the male and female lead characters that the drama presents. Ryan was raised in the US so he doesn't hold the same kind of mentality on relationships as the typical Korean man does. As for Deok Mi, her good skills on recognizing and/or understanding men's expressions or feelings probably came from having a male best friend plus her being a fan girl. Editing photos from time to time, and watching his videos on loop, she'd be able to see the difference between a happy, awkward, sad, enthusiastic or tired Shi An.

As for the way the role of Shi An was executed, I agree with you on that point.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

A studio 'live' version has just been released by singer RUNY. Perfect song to play while watching the newest BTS =)

More about this singer:

http://www.mnet.com/artist/205501

https://drama.fandom.com/es/wiki/Runy

With lyrics:

Spoiler

Spreading the love from Episode 14:

9968014C5CE7AB5522

99202B395CE7AB5524

Source: https://holyground.tistory.com/77?category=697321

• Like 18