[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

6 hours ago, cheesethatnotsocheesey said:

I agree with you.

Mostly people just comment on how good KJW is but they forgot to mention how great is PMY.

I mean, KJW able to potray such character seamlessly must be complement by PMY herself.

How she able to potray the character of Deokmi might triggered KJW to potray the character of Ryan Gold as real as possible.

Yeah I thought so @luvcrabbieshinhwa at first I postponed to watch this drama because some netizens commented that it looks similar but then I remember my love KJW. I felt in love with him since Coffee Prince days and too bad I didn't follow this drama since beginning. Thankfully that I join this when the drama barely 6 episodes.

Thank you for pointing this out! PMY isn’t given as much of an attention as she deserves because of KJW’s emergence and portrayal of the gold standard for male leads is taking over everyone (understandably so). If I recall correctly from bits and pieces of the BTS and the press-con, KJW himself has said something similar to this. PMY also mentions that KJW is very generous, and if we were to view this statement with a lens on their professionalism, one can see that the two work together with the PD to know what will create a very good performance. He wouldn’t be able to shine without PMY. Had he been paired with a different actress, I have no doubt he would have performed just as well, but the effect of his role as DM’s significant other and partner (in life) may not have had the same degree of an impact if his female co-star fell flat in her portrayal of DM. Here, they are very much equals in their craft and are on the same wavelength. PMY just has that power, and it’s been evident from all her other works. That’s what we call professionalism! I think KJW was very lucky to have been paired within PMY for his first rom-com. Both of them have shown nothing but a stellar performance in portraying two characters that they have made their own, and most importantly very real and believable. 

• Like 22

My opinion from ep 14: could the dream when they're spooning is a conception dream?

Since people always compared HPL with WWWSK, maybe PD-nim wants to step up the game by ending it with a family scene instead of a wedding

Just my naughty thought, though. I've been lurking in this forum from page 70 until now, can't withold anymore with just 2 eps left. I'm definitely going to have a severe withdrawal syndrome caused by KJW oppa.

• Like 10

3. [+227,-6]

Kim Jae Wook has this mysterious charisma and is good at acting too~~~ He's too sexy. 

4. [+150,-2]

Seems like every single cell of his is sexy. 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/05/her-private-life-ep-14-spoilers-kim-jae.html?m=1

KJW performance is too strong, so ppl only mentioned him... But PMY is awesome too... #RecognizeQueenToo 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

I want to confess my sin here.. i cannot stop watching KJW video on SOOP management youtube channel.. a video bts of his perfume commercial. His collar bone..shoulder..cheek bone..eyes.. OKAY, I AM A PERVERT! 

This man really make me insane.. HELP..........:cry:

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, 50okie said:

The flush most probably from the heat of spot light directly facing her.  Poor KJW, when he stepped into the room, his face was the oily-est I have ever seen. 

"It's glycerin." - KJW, probably :D

1 hour ago, tinymel said:

Completely agree re bedscene.  would I  have liked to see something a bit more mature? Yes. Would it have made emotional sense? Not one bit. 

I disagree...I think there's a way to do it that makes emotional sense, and I think this pair of actors can pull it off. :)

Finally watched episode 14 with subs...and that didn't change my mind. I still found it mostly boring. It must be my cold pastel-black heart. :lol: But poor, poor Ryan. Confronting his long-lost mom and instant brother and seemingly having to come to terms with it pronto and his girlfriend won't even let him drink and getting unsolicited therapy for his chronic mental block, all within 72 hours or so? Poor, poor dude. I'm really amazed at how well he seemed to be doing, especially at work, even when he was going through all that. I would have promptly taken a leave and gone on a bender, maybe with some therapeutic plate-smashing thrown in. I guess having a therapy girlfriend really helps.

Also, I love Hyojin! When she had to go without the affluent lifestyle she was used to, she immediately decided on a solution, adapted to a new lifestyle without whining or feeling sorry for herself, and got along well with the people who were helping her. Also I love her brazenness, calling out the lovebirds for "privatizing" the gallery and for the "TMI" at the company dinner. Now she just needs to convert from her stalker ways. And I also still love Eom. So. Hye. (Ohmygod!) Steals the show, every time. :D

And the last scene...I still wasn't moved by it, but I can appreciate that PMY and KJW did great. I did keep on thinking during the scene that I hope they played Pictionary during the filming downtime. Can KJW draw well too? It seems like he does everything. And also yes, it did look like a hair commercial! Give this girl some endorsement coin!

@luvcrabbieshinhwa Thanks for the Melohwa link! My fave ones were:

1. [+445,-15]
Why is even the fact that Kim Jae Wook is left handed sexy? How mysterious this is.

2. [+153,-23]
I'm a man... Can I like Kim Jae Wook too...? ♡ 

(Me: The answer is hell yes.)

• Like 9
  • LOL 4

8 hours ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@luvcrabbieshinhwaPeople saying her acting is similar in these 3 dramas are blind, I'm sorry to say lol. Deok Mi is more outspoken, mature and outgoing than Mi So, who was basically a passive recipient of the Vice Chairman's affections. Mi So would've never done the "just go ahead and gaze at me, I'll do everything else" scene from the RG seduction scene. Mi So was a fun character but IMHO a bit shallow. PMY wasn't given much to work with there. Deok Mi is a more fleshed-out character, we learn her heartaches, her hopes and dreams, we empathize with her insecurities, we spazz with her when she fangirls, we felt her heartfelt sorrow when she thought RG didn't like her.

As for Healer, I'd say Deok Mi had more in common with Chae Young Shin, who was spunky, no-nonsense and a go-getter. But the thing here is, I love PMY exactly because you know she plays strong female leads. She will never be put in as a ditzy, whining, helpless character. She has been "typecast" as a strong woman, and I love that about her roles. 

I say this as someone who loves WWWSK, and very recently had it as my favorite drama ever (before being supplanted by you-know-which lol). 

I know what's the problem with PMY, she's so pro and talented, she makes her costars look good. The similarity in all her works? She never strive to dominate the scene. (A good comparison is Park Seo Joon costar in She is Pretty vs WWWSK).   Unfortunately , Kdrama female leads have not been too varied, thus she can't stretch her acting skills too much.  

Back to our gold  KJW, he was wise to have his first rom-com with PMY.  After watching HPL BTS, I can sense he humbly learns from PMY, rom-com is a new genre for him afterall. 

I like PMY since SKK Scandal, love her since Healer. Like KJW since he struts down the steps with MILK in his hand, love him after watching Antique.  

@Ondine, i agree it was too rushed when DM forced RG into art therapy.  I was more moved when she rushed to the gallery to find RG and smacked him. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

I would have promptly taken a leave and gone on a bender, maybe with some therapeutic plate-smashing thrown in.

1- 1000% they could have pulled it off. And I’m kinda bummed that they didn’t have a chance to have that chance. 

And I totally agree re bender and plate breaking—if DM had joined in the plate breaking that  would have been perfect. But I still think that off that emotional high there would still to be a dramatic emotional drop/dead end which doesn’t really play well with hyper-sexy bed scene. I guess I’m coming from personal experience in how I’ve worked with a partner through really difficult stuff and then ended up in a bed scene of our own. it was always a spike in emotion and then a very low key, calming coming together. If that makes sense.  I didn’t like how we got to the bed scene but the emotional beat of the bed scene made a lot of sense to me. 

TBH I didn’t want Ryan to be painting or even drawing until the very, very end. The episode was lazy story telling because they needed to wrap it up because we don’t have enough episodes to deal with it realistically.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

And the best girlfriend award goes to Deok Mi! Really though, DM has really been taking the centre stage for me these last few episodes, she is so understanding, patient and supportive of everyone not just with RG but even Cindy, DI and EG. I love the part where she's secretly trying to hide her fangirling to SA in the church but even though he is telling her about his bands new album, seeing RG and his mum finally happy together catches her attention instead. Just goes to show how much DM and RG's relationship has developed and strengthened. I absolutely love how PMY has brought DM to life too. 

I'm glad EG finally came around and I liked the way they broke the awkwardness. You can tell how much DM cares about EG as a friend and family member and it would be a shame if they couldn't just go back to being their usual selves around eachother. I'm curious to see what EG does now he has a hint that RG might be the boy from their past though. Hopefully he continues to be a loyal friend to DM and doesn't do anything unnecessary. 

Normally I would roll my eyes at the 'main leads already met eachother as children' cliche but I actually don't mind it here. I am curious to see how DM reacts and handles the knowledge of knowing that her mum was the one who left RG at the orphanage. I think RG will forgive DM's mum fairly quickly given he has forgiven his own mum for leaving him alone at a park.. I do feel sympathy for RG's mum and understand her desperation at wanting to provide for RG but honestly, who the heck leaves their child at a park alone!? I actually thought she would have at least approached another parent who's child was playing at the park, explained her situation and asked them to quickly watch her child, not that leaving your child with a complete stranger is any better, but this would have been slightly better than leaving him completely alone. I also feel less upset with DM's mum for taking RG to an orphanage because she probably wasn't in the best financial state to take care of another child given she had already offered to raise EG but I'm fairly certain that she left RG on the orphanage doorstep at night so unless we get a proper clear version of the events that occurred, I'm not sure why she didn't take him during the day and into the actual orphanage? Or to a police station? Even if it was an impulsive move, I still think there were better ways to do it but anyways I guess that's dramas for you lol

In regards to the comments about the drama feeling too rushed, I am actually enjoying the fact that it's fast paced and quick to the point. It's refreshing for me to watch a drama that doesn't drag out it's back/side storylines, the main romance is the focus and I like that the drama hasn't forgotten that.

RG and DM's relationship continues to be the highlight of every episode (and pretty much the entire drama) for me. Their relationship is so incredibly sweet and loving, they really are perfect for one another. I know everyone has already gushed about the end of ep 14 but I only just watched the subbed episode and it was such a beautiful scene. DM's eagerness to help RG overcome his trauma is really admiring and the way she is so gentle to him just makes me adore her more. You can really see and feel the love between them. I certainly am hoping the start of ep 15 might give us a bit more of the kiss and bed scene though :joy: 

I've got to add that KJW's acting skills are crazy good. You can really see in his eyes how broken he is when he finally sits down with his mum. I really felt for him when he couldn't look at her in the face. And slightly off topic but why is he so handsome, seriously.. this man is so swoon worthy :wub:

Anyways sorry for another long post. Lots of thoughts again! Now off to the PMY and KJW shipper thread I go haha

• Like 19
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

The discussion about PMY here made me wanna ask something.....I am more of KJW's fan than PMY. So for those who follow her since ancient time, did you notice that her acting chop is way more advance in HPL than her previous dramas??? Because I do notice it....:glasses:

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Happy 200th page!!! Congrats everyone...  i find it nice that KJW is a left-hander... its rare in K-drama i think.

Somehow ep14 kiss scene seems 'docile' compared to others... but love the scene where Dokmi's hair fell after Ryan pull the paintbrush :wub:

- ok its 201st  page then... hahha....

by the way, i thought DM really let go of her fangirling since she dared to cut off Sian when they were talking the church just to see Ryan and his mom be comfortable with each other.... mature DM has her eyes on Ryan, nothing else. Its nice to be in love... the start of love/relationship :D and yes, i do think they did the deed :phew:.... do people understand the significance of that - they did it the day before her birthday, its a great birthday to remember :wub:

Happy to see that KJW gains more IG followers, 705k followers and even PMY has an increase number of IG followers as well.. .congrats to both, i hope KJW knows that love stories gain many fans, therefore he should focus more on romance dramas? :P

Also, it was extremely cute that Hyojin called DM's mom - omma and her real mom freaked out... served her right :)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@luvcrabbieshinhwa thank you for the continuous fan accounts! I'm so jealous haha but very grateful to you for sharing!

@cenching the earliest PMY drama I watched was Sungkyunkwan Scandal and I think she's always been a good actress but for me, her acting has become much more natural. She has always had this way of bringing her characters to life and making her characters her very own though. Also probably the only actress that comes to my mind who has insane chemistry with all of her costars.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Deokmi, Eungi, and Ryan just filmed in Deokmi's house. On separate scenes. 

Ryan and Deokmi were in the car together. Then Deokmi and Eungi were in front of the house. 

PMY is super pretty... Idky her hair always looks perfect hahaha. I greeted her to tell her she worked hard  and she thanked me

Kim Jaewook left earlier after finishing his scene with Deokmi. He just stayed in the set to discuss something and smoke. 

Some fans, somehow, managed to get his signatures. 

I was just standing and gazing at him lol

Hope you also get something from him , :D

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, cenching said:

The discussion about PMY here made me wanna ask something.....I am more of KJW's fan than PMY. So for those who follow her since ancient time, did you notice that her acting chop is way more advance in HPL than her previous dramas??? Because I do notice it....:glasses:

I’m a big PMY fan but not since ancient times (lol at the term). I’ve seen 5 of her dramas though and I’m always at awe at her acting. She can easily cry like a river (SKKS & 7DQ) or be charming/funny depending on what the character requires. I’ll just say that as she or her character matures so does her acting. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1