[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

3 hours ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@Shine SonHey I'm Filipino myself, and I agree. If ABS-CBN or GMA were smart, I'd snatch up the rights to air this in PH right away, it's bound to be a hit here. Not that I'll watch the corny dubbed version of course lmao. I can be a hipster here and claim I love this show before it was cool :lol:

I don't mean to promote, but I'd rather ABS-CBN acquire the rights to broadcast this drama. In my opinion, their dubbers are better trained. I appreciate how these dubbers work hard to make people happy by making dramas more understandable to most Filipino viewers. I'd look forward to the dubbed version if it will be shown in ABS-CBN. :D

50 minutes ago, tianaa said:

Hyojin vs SASAENG SINDY! I really LOVE Hyojin's character development. I LOVE how she transformed from just a sasaeng to a dependable coworker and part of the Cheum family.  Hyojin has been a surprisingly refreshing character that at first, we thought would hate.

I'm with you in this. ^_^ Her character's growth shows us that fan girls are girls that are determined and who work hard and work happily. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, cenching said:

@TheRoadtoPMY @Shine Son

Tbh, I prefer any foreign dramas in its original lingo with subtitles. It’ll mess up my head if I watch PMY and KJW speaking Tagalog...:sweatingbullets::lol: I loathe remakes like what they did with My Love From Another Star...<_<

I'm not a fan of remakes as well. :sweatingbullets::lol: It was better for Lovers in Paris to have remained Korean to Filipino viewers, but then KC and Piolo came. :mellow:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I'm really enjoying the motherandchild reunion arc.

I have one question. Is it possible for Koreans to fall in love with someone who they didn't know in childhood and then forgot about?

I mean really . . . 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

@cenching @Shine Son All this talk about dubbing reminds me of Ivan Lee and Mariel Kim. I hate using this word, it's overused in the internet, but cringe is the only way to describe my feeling. Lol. Don't you guys wanna hear "Ang artwork na ito ay ginawa noong 1987...gusto mo?" :lol:

Fair enough about the point regarding making it more accessible to the masses, touché. Hope ABS-CBN does get them if ever, since they got WWWSK. 

I wonder when the preview and BTS will come out. Excited to see those. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

Episode 14 BEST(+happy) moments:

1. RYAN CALLED DM EVEN when he was falling apart because he wanted her to go to sleep and he knew she'd be awake waiting for him - that's true love, folks. Also, DM running to meet RG late at night and knowing he'd be in the gallery was just cherry on top - and the way she scolded him - at this point I don't even know who I love more out of the two. The wake up scene was excellent, I LOVE CINDY.

2. (future) Sister in law-brother in law duo working to bring Ryan and his mom together - this is one tag team I NEED in the future for EVERYTHING. SA knows SNG. I will say it again.

3. PMY's english, just like her pronunciation of Ryan, was extremely pleasing to me for some reason. Also how she solved things for Ryan - I love you writers, you did a fine job at keeping her relevant (so she didn't fade into the background). Ryan's past had to be resolved anyhow, and so I am glad they kept DM as an important key/support throughout. She has matched Ryan's affection, understanding, patience...measure for measure. She's a life partner in every sense of the word.

4. Ryan's mother can't drink coffee...I love the little touch they added. Also Lee Il-Hwa...what a seasoned actress.

5. KJW portrayed Yoon Jae so well.... The tremor in his voice, the whispers, the intonation, voice cracks... I was heartbroken.

6. Hyo Jin calling DM's mom "mom" - I can't believe she's becoming my favorite character. Also the gallery staff getting disgusted by their PDA was funny af.

7. The way they create parallels, and match everything scene for scene - seductive teasing, the team dinner, coffee kiss, sandwiches, giving space, "Made in 1987"... I am so in love with the narration. Pretty sure they will give us more parallels like SA/LS actually acknowledging DM for her contribution to the exhibition when it was denied before.

8. I LOVED THE LAST SCENE. Hear me out. Yes, it was not sexy or explicit or daring, but the the last scene was so much more emotionally intense than ep9-10 kiss. The first is something you do after being apart from your lover for too long and you need to feel them as much as you could, but this scene was something that tells you that they will be just as unbreakable for as long as they live.

The slow fall of her hair, him taking out the brush from her bun - it seemed to convey the union more beautifully than an actual explicit scene would. Think about it this way: bun signified DM was hiding things, and then she let her hair down when her identity was revealed. The fact that Ryan let it down himself, meaning she is allowing him to enter the guarded walls she has kept around herself as a woman at his free will/own initiative, after mutual declarations of love seems to convey intimacy of consummation without the need of an explicit bed scene.

The direction is magnificent.
The fact that they both seem quite conservative towards these activities(Ryan never stays back for the night as long as he can manage to etc.) - it, like first night of a newly wedded couple, holds immense significance. I don't know how to explain it well but I think people with slightly conservative values might understand? We might get to see them stumbling into the room locked in an embrace, but this action was the crux of it all.

I agree with you. Its totally realistic.  I mean, in real life we do need love, hug and slow kisses instead of going straight to bed. its a full declaration of love when you take it slow . it becomes more meaningful. it touches the heart more. Do take note , as i have said before, KJW always discuss with the Director and scriptwriter as the drama goes along. he wants the audience to feel the love, the warmth, the meaningful relationship that RG and SDM have. A true understanding love and never take each other for granted. 

• Like 17

@TheRoadtoPMY @Shine Son

I considered dubbing as moving backward in terms of learning. While subtitles can really help in learning a new lingo. I am not a Filipino But an expat in PH. When I was young back in my home country all foreign movies/dramas including Japanese and America cartoons were subtitled. It helped a lot in learning the new lingo but now when the tv stations dubbed everything foreign, it looked weird and destroyed the chances of learning.

I learned lots of Korean, Tagalog and Mandarin  vocabularies by watching dramas alone. I won’t called myself an expert in those lingo but still I picked up a lot...

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, kdramaQ said:

I agree with you. Its totally realistic.  I mean, in real life we do need love, hug and slow kisses instead of going straight to bed. its a full declaration of love when you take it slow . it becomes more meaningful. it touches the heart more. Do take note , as i have said before, KJW always discuss with the Director and scriptwriter as the drama goes along. he wants the audience to feel the love, the warmth, the meaningful relationship that RG and SDM have. A true understanding love and never take each other for granted. 

Agree!!

• Like 7

Finally finished re-watching ep 14 with sub. Am glad that DM is always there for RG, helping him in picking up the courage to understand and learnt the truth leading to his overseas adoption. DM’s view is positive and objective, when RG said LS was sorry to him, he viewed it that she is guilty for her abandonment, but DM’s view is RG mother was sorry that she is missing his growing up years. DM is objective to see the truth of the paintings, her approach is very subtle to RG, guiding him to spot the truth of his mother’s work instead of just telling him what she saw, prompting him another round of courage to hear the truth from his mother instead denying her another chance to explain. CSA also knew with the help from DM, the misunderstanding between mother and son could be easily resolved and also at the same time helping her mum to achieve her dream. 

Like the part when DM address RG as Artist Ryan Gold instead of Museum Director, the last scene is very touching when RG found the courage to hold the pencil and draw out the silhouette compared to the hand tracing.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, haelan said:

To our more seasoned PMY fans of this forum, does PMY usually drink before an intense scene? And if she drinks, does she get the 'Asian glow' as well? I was pleasantly surprised to see her actually red in this scene. I think it's so funny that KJW always gets called out, while PMY has been seen red/flushed a few times (BTS for Ep.7-8) and her red ears that's usually covered by her hair. Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that she's been around KJW so many times that his redness suddenly got transferred to her :P? PMY is gorgeous and glowing in this scene!!! I’m so in love uGh. And to think that we may have never seen her bun again...clever how they brought it back for this scene. Her stylists deserve a raise for this scene alone. 

Actually i think the redness was supposed to be the flow since PMY drank at the company dinner prior to their sketch scene.... hence it does match it up. 

afaik pmy usually drinks after the shoot though.. but it might be before the shoot this time round...  

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Shine Son said:

Could there have been a way for Shi An to reveal the truth to Ryan little by little, or probably in an earlier episode? Could the truth have been less painful if so? Either way, to be realistic, Ryan would need more time for the truth actually "sink in". Maybe we'd see something like, "two years later" in next week's episodes. But then again, I don't think we need to actually see the "one happy family" scene. Personally, it would be enough for me to hear from Ryan that he'd meet up with his mom and brother from time to time.

On another note, now that the story has shifted focus from the Deok Mi and Ryan's love story to the unveiling of Ryan's past, I feel some scenes to be more dragging than usual (or maybe it's just me being impatient, haha). I now find the minor characters' stories more interesting. Nevertheless, it's undeniable that both Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young are spotless in portraying an ideal couple relationship and it gives more warmth to the drama. 

And one more random thought: I'm glad that Kim Mi Kyung's character has a significant role in Ryan's past. She's actually one of the reasons why I watched the drama. Her character surely has a way to be a mother even to the other characters in the story. ^^'

A lot of the signs point to Shi-an knowing that he and Ryan are related well before the reveal. At least at the point of reveal in ep 13, Shi-an would have to be pretty certain that Ryan is the brother in question. He told his mother later on that he knew he had an older brother. The least he could have done was to speak to Ryan privately and break it to him gently. Ask Ryan if he wants to acknowledge mum and then only once Ryan has had time to process everything, to arrange a meeting. Not drop the bombshell on Ryan in front of everyone else. What if Ryan didn't want to be reunited despite his interest in the paintings?

I absolutely loathe the fact that we have to resort to childhood connections every other time in a drama. Deok-mi's mother is already playing surrogate mum to Eun-gi and Cindy. She doesn't need to be involved in Ryan's past. She could still be the devoted mother-in-law who loves Ryan like her own son.

As for the shift in focus... Deok-mi's romance with Ryan is still within the realm of "her private life", right? As opposed to her work/professional life. The fangirl aspect is just part of her private life. Most k-dramas focus on the male lead even though the title is about the female lead. This is not a surprising turn, although Deok-mi has had the chance to show that she is more than her fangirl persona with the way she has been giving Ryan emotional support, so there is that. I will also give it to the drama for the nice saves for Eun-gi and Da-in.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Aziraphale said:

I absolutely loathe the fact that we have to resort to childhood connections every other time in a drama.

I haven't watched that many K-dramas, but having seen WWWSK, I was a bit :huh: when I got a hint that Deok Mi and Ryan might have known each other when they were kids. "Does it always have to be like this?" I asked myself. I like solving puzzles but is there any other way except for childhood connection tropes? :sweatingbullets:

I'm not a Shi An fan like Deok Mi (haha), but we maybe it's fair to consider that Shi An is still young. He made those decisions by himself and had he known better, maybe he would do things the way you said it is better done. In my opinion.

You have observed right on that part about focusing on the male leads. Same thing happened with WWWSK; even when the title has the female lead as the subject. But then, by showing Ryan's vulnerability, we also see Deok Mi's strength - that she is really is someone he can rely on when he is in his weakest. We need that painful past background for his weakness to show...

(I'm quite enjoying this conversation, thanks!)

• Like 10

guys i want to make a post and its tooo many gifs for four episodes can i use some of your gifs and could some one pm me sites to use please .. easy ones i get fustrated when i don't get computers to do what i need ..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, itsMYday said:

Actually i think the redness was supposed to be the flow since PMY drank at the company dinner prior to their sketch scene.... hence it does match it up. 

afaik pmy usually drinks after the shoot though.. but it might be before the shoot this time round...  

Thank you so much for clarifying! I admit that I was just so surprised to see some color on her skin that I had forgotten about their drinks prior to this scene. Maybe it also because I always assume that their drinking scenes don’t involve real alcohol but I guess it does! :lol:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, haelan said:

Thank you so much for clarifying! I admit that I was just so surprised to see some color on her skin that I had forgotten about their drinks prior to this scene. Maybe it also because I always assume that their drinking scenes don’t involve real alcohol but I guess it does! :lol:

Errrm, though the scene before was a drinking scene , the actual shoot may not be in the same sequence, especially not in the same venue.  

The flush most probably from the heat of spot light directly facing her.  Poor KJW, when he stepped into the room, his face was the oily-est I have ever seen. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

Everyone spazzing about KJW, allow me to rave about PMY xD

Hearing her speak in English just boosted my crush that much more, I mean I've heard her speak, but not more than 1 sentence. Her accent is damn cute.

I mentioned this before, what the hell is with her shadow/silhouette?? it's just as gorgeous as her :wub:.

Also love the scene where she was hitting RG for worrying her, don't blame him one bit for smiling at her, she makes nagging look adorable.

Was also a pleasant surprise to seeing her home clothes when she met EG, the ponytail is messily done yet still cute af, and she's showing off her legs too.

The look she gave SA upon hearing that White Ocean has a new single was precious. Settle down girl, you'll blow your cover lmao. I'm still waiting for a scene where she tells RG "I'm the luckiest fan alive, I'm dating my idol's big brother!" :D

END RANT, please continue with your KJW musings :lol:

Edit: So I rewatched the final scene, and I double down on saying that the scene was perfect as it is. Anything more explicit would have distracted from the intimacy of the moment. The first kiss was "hotter" in comparison because it represented 9 episodes-worth of sexual tension, bursting at the seams and exploding after a mutual confirmation of feelings. In contrast, the bed scene represented the next step in their relationship, the peak of their intimacy, as  RG let his guard down to draw despite himself, letting himself melt into DM's arms, and DM herself brought to tears seeing RG give himself to her and declaring his love for her.

The skinship was also par for course compared to other dramas of the genre as well as the other bed scenes in PMY shows. I will say this though: the scene is incomplete at the moment; we need a good post-bed scene (which both Healer and WWWSK had). This is probably why at this time, I don't feel like the moment is "whole" yet, since I binged watched the other 2 dramas and so didn't suffer from waiting another week for the next episodes lmao. PD has failed my expectations yet, so I feel like we would be getting a good scene there at the beginning of ep15. 

Your post is perfect. 

Completely agree re bedscene.  would I  have liked to see something a bit more mature? Yes. Would it have made emotional sense? Not one bit. 

Weve been praising their emotionally grounded relationship. Let’s also make space for bed scenes that aren’t raunchy — you know, like most of real life... 

(I’ve a suspicion that Sian and/or LeeSol are going to show up tomorrow morning... so we might get trolled again) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1