[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

23 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

By "honest", I do mean that the reason Lee Sol gave for being separated from him just seems too lame to be credible (to me anyway, not sure if anyone else feels the same about it). How can it be that you lose a child because you got into an accident and he gets so easily adopted abroad? Do local agencies there not attempt to track or trace the parent? I mean, he was 7 by that time. Old enough to give another adult his parent's name, I'm sure. Do they not check hospitals? Next of kin? Police accident reports? Wasn't it like that in Healer as well? PMY's character got sent to an orphanage cos the mother got into an accident and she was simply "lost". If they had wanted to explore the issue of overseas adoption during that era, it would have been better to say that she had been forced by her family to give him up cos she was a single mother. No wonder Ryan himself had difficulty believing her too...

And speaking of husbands... Lee Seol's maiden name was Gong, according to the college yearbook. But RG was registered as Heo, so clearly, he got into his father's registry. And SiAn, if that is his real name, is Cha. So he's got a dad too. So what happened to her first husband? Died?

Thank you for pointing these out. There are so many loopholes in the mother story that it is very frustrating, and I have very little sympathy for a woman who thinks it's safe to leave her son alone in a strange place while she does something else. I really wish the drama hadn't gone this route. There were other ways to resolve this issue, so I'm a little disappointed it had to go all melodrama on this. I honestly wish the drama had chosen another reason for Ryan's inability to paint.

Except for Deok-mi's dad, who's not much use, none of the other dads seem to exist. Sure, Eun-gi's father seemingly abandoned him, but what about Shi-an's father? Also, Ryan never once called/texted his adoptive parents while he was in Korea, but presumably they have a loving relationship from what he tells Deok-mi. I find it really odd. There is so much to explore that it is annoying the drama has to fall back on childhood connections to make it seem Ryan and Deok-mi are fated to be.

13 minutes ago, Dramageek said:

May be Lee Sol situation kinda similar with this story? https://adoption.com/meeting-my-south-korean-birth-mother. She could be bedridden for months, and I am sure that she went to the police, when she find out about possibility that her son was adopted out, there slim chance to have even an information about his whereabout, add to the fact that she was not the one who release her son herself. Many parents who want

to reconnect with their adopted kid only able to do so when the kid itself make effort to reunite.

Hi, thank you for the link, it was an interesting read. My frustration is that this is something that could have been avoided if she'd only had the common sense to either bring her kid along with her to that meeting, or make him stay at home. How difficult was either? Also, they were poor, but they did not seem to be in an abusive situation where Ryan was forcibly removed from her. The entire mother story didn't even have to happen (but that's another story for another day).

Also, going by what Ryan tells Deok-mi, his adoptive parents were loving and honest with him about his adoption. So if Lee Sol wanted to reconnect, assuming she even searched hard enough, there would be no reason for Ryan's adoptive parents to reject a meeting (even if it is just to see him from afar). I don't begrudge Lee Sol for having a second family, but I always find it unreasonable that a parent who has been MIA for the better part of a child's life suddenly waltzes back with a sob story and all is well. I actually feel very hard for Ryan that he is expected to come to terms with all this in this manner (Shi-an suddenly wanting to make nice as his brother, blah blah) and be the bigger person in it all.

Sorry, the mother issue has really ticked me off.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I AGREE

She's been a good actress for me. Some ppl said that her acting looks similar from roles to roles... But I don't really agree. She's notably different in Healer, Secretary Kim, and HPL... Though at the early episodes of HPL, she has similar vibes with Kim Miso...but Deokmi gradually feels really different. I must say she did a good act as a fangirl...those squealing looks and moony over SiAn lol.

She did a great job, particularly at the last scene... the emotion...the tension...everything TT_TT

Kim Jaewook was totally awesome (and it's generally agreed that he's been a skilled actor)...but Park Minyoung's ability to maintain the same level of acting with him is praiseworthy.

And why does she keep getting prettier and prettier....esp after she dates Ryan HAHAHA

I've only seen PMY in WWWSK and HPL (have only seen clips of her other dramas), and I think she's a good actress, certainly one of the better ones of her generation. She has a great screen presence. I wasn't a fan of the first two episodes of HPL, but what I did like in those was how she was able to establish Deokmi as distinct from Miso. I felt right away that Deokmi was an entirely different character, and not just because of the writing; it was the way she carried herself, the nuances in her expression, and the energy she exuded. And she seems to be the kind of actor who can elevate another actor who's in a scene with her; not too many can do that. I hope to see her in more adventurous roles (KJW's impact! :lol:), but I do acknowledge that the roles written for women aren't as diverse or plentiful as those available for men. I'll definitely check out whatever her next project is, especially if it's a drama (those are easier to access).

@tnl34 That was probably me. Hey, different strokes for different folks, right? :D 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@luvcrabbieshinhwaPeople saying her acting is similar in these 3 dramas are blind, I'm sorry to say lol. Deok Mi is more outspoken, mature and outgoing than Mi So, who was basically a passive recipient of the Vice Chairman's affections. Mi So would've never done the "just go ahead and gaze at me, I'll do everything else" scene from the RG seduction scene. Mi So was a fun character but IMHO a bit shallow. PMY wasn't given much to work with there. Deok Mi is a more fleshed-out character, we learn her heartaches, her hopes and dreams, we empathize with her insecurities, we spazz with her when she fangirls, we felt her heartfelt sorrow when she thought RG didn't like her.

As for Healer, I'd say Deok Mi had more in common with Chae Young Shin, who was spunky, no-nonsense and a go-getter. But the thing here is, I love PMY exactly because you know she plays strong female leads. She will never be put in as a ditzy, whining, helpless character. She has been "typecast" as a strong woman, and I love that about her roles. 

I say this as someone who loves WWWSK, and very recently had it as my favorite drama ever (before being supplanted by you-know-which lol). 

This! I am 100 percent agree with U. Chae young shin and Deok Mi kinda similar. But Young shin was the one with emotional baggage in healer, she was lost and adopted. Young shin is a tomboy (coz she grew up mostly without a mom), more a risk taker in her work. While Deok Mi is more feminine and mature, but not too much a risk taker at work. The styling and PMY potrayal makes me can differentiate both characters.

• Like 11

Maybe just maybe on the “bed scene” because DM was dreaming about their childhood (which shown a lot of children playing) they try to make it relevant merging the scenes together (by not showing even bare shoulders)

cause it will lost the “innocent” points of the scene.

i mean s.korea is quite a conservative country, so maybe they put a lot of consideration on how to portray the story line/ scenes.

• Like 8

Wow. I love everyone's comments. I'm thinking of making my own comments. I'm thinking of adding my opinion. But I'm not good at that. I don't know how to make good comments. So I'll just continue reading everyone's lovely comments.

This is me right now:

I'm crying. It's so sad. I'm happy tooo!!! Nooooooooo. Ryan. Don't be sad. Deok Mi please hold him. Deok Mi please take care of him. 

Image result for kevin hart crying

RYAN I LOVE YOU! PLEASE DON'T CRY!

Edit:

Image result for i'm just here for the comments gif

:blush:

Edit:

Deok Mi holding Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Aziraphale said:

Ryan was seven when he was separated from his mum. Think it's been pretty obvious that Ryan and Shi-an are brothers.

Also, does Shi-an moonlight as a psychic?

Yes, Ryan was seven. I mentioned that later on in my commentary. I don't think it was "pretty obvious" back when I've only watched Episode 3. It gradually became obvious as the show progressed.

Shi An, like his brother, is an artist. Artists tend to get more in touch with what is felt than what is seen. He trusts his intuition and puts it into consideration when he acts or makes a decision. This also makes him more considerate of others (recall how he said that he knew about his mom's painful past but does not ask about it).

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Not ready to say goodbye to this drama especially our OTP...gonna watch lots lots of MVs to cure my  withdrawal soon..unless if we heard good news about this two after this drama end..my withdrawal gonna completely cured.. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just emerged from watching episode 13 and 14 with Sub and my eyes are darn fluffy from crying. Damn that Ryan’s story and how he got lost, but a mother never ever leave a child into unfamiliar place especially if she didn’t know anyone from there! I have been working with families for a long time, but even though a single mom don’t have enough finances she will never ever leave her child alone even he is 7 years old. But anyway their story is in the past and I know that she is really regretting losing her son for a long time. Thank God for DM of how she give Ryan support and return all this words as an advice, I can see how their relationship got stronger each day, but now that we are dreading their final test of DM’s mom abandoning YJ, I know it’s a sensitive issue and I wonder how the writer will present it from us. Thank God there are still balanced of happy scene like how DM teased Ryan about no kissing because she just had a coffee of how Director EOM followed her daughter to work and of course the blooming friendship of EG and DI. 

They finally resolve the conflict of EG and DM. I’m glad that EG has matured and accepted friendship and family over his own desire. 

SJ and her husband finally reconcile as well and the guitarist boy will finally debut lol! 

I don’t know why I’m cry like a baby when Ryan is tracing DM’s shadow. Finally he draws! All his uncertainties, insecurities melted away because of a certain lady, and when they said I love you to each other I’m lost. I know everyone is demanding a hot bed scene but that ending scene I wouldn’t trade it for the world because it’s too beautiful and perfect as if I’m watching a masterpiece. Thanks you tvn for giving us a beautiful love story. I’m going to miss this series soon, one of my fave drama of all time!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shine Son said:

Yes, Ryan was seven. I mentioned that later on in my commentary. I don't think it was "pretty obvious" back when I've only watched Episode 3. It gradually became obvious as the show progressed.

Shi An, like his brother, is an artist. Artists tend to get more in touch with what is felt than what is seen. He trusts his intuition and puts it into consideration when he acts or makes a decision. This also makes him more considerate of others (recall how he said that he knew about his mom's painful past but does not ask about it).

It's probably me then. It was obvious once Shi-an and Ryan connected via the paintings, as early as ep 3, that I knew they had to be related. Shi-an was inordinately interested when Ryan mentioned the painting, and his expression suggested he knew Ryan was lying about having bought the painting for a client. All his advances were tactics to get close to Ryan so that he could suss out this person and also help reconcile Ryan with his mum later down the road.

The more I think about Shi-an doing this, the less I like it. Ryan had no clue until it was all sprung on him in the gallery office. The realisation was devastating. His reaction time was virtually zero. In the space of an episode (and maybe a half), he was expected to come to terms with suddenly having a mother again and now a brother as well.

Shi-an had all the time in the world to decide if this man who was curious about Lee Sol's paintings was his brother (if at that point in time he did not know or only had an inkling), suss out his character and get to know him. If Ryan turned out to be a jerk, Shi-an could forget about it and move on. But Ryan turned out to be a sweetheart. Also, imagine if Ryan was purely curious about the painting from an artistic point of view, and not because he was related or had a resulting condition that affected his ability to paint...

I'm glad Ryan slammed the door on Shi-an in ep 13 because how else does one expect him to react? The nice idol that Deok-mi is nuts over just pulled the rug from under him, rather cruelly, in fact. Regardless of whether Shi-an knew, it was not a good move.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

1 hour ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@luvcrabbieshinhwaPeople saying her acting is similar in these 3 dramas are blind, I'm sorry to say lol. Deok Mi is more outspoken, mature and outgoing than Mi So, who was basically a passive recipient of the Vice Chairman's affections. Mi So would've never done the "just go ahead and gaze at me, I'll do everything else" scene from the RG seduction scene. Mi So was a fun character but IMHO a bit shallow. PMY wasn't given much to work with there. Deok Mi is a more fleshed-out character, we learn her heartaches, her hopes and dreams, we empathize with her insecurities, we spazz with her when she fangirls, we felt her heartfelt sorrow when she thought RG didn't like her.

As for Healer, I'd say Deok Mi had more in common with Chae Young Shin, who was spunky, no-nonsense and a go-getter. But the thing here is, I love PMY exactly because you know she plays strong female leads. She will never be put in as a ditzy, whining, helpless character. She has been "typecast" as a strong woman, and I love that about her roles. 

I say this as someone who loves WWWSK, and very recently had it as my favorite drama ever (before being supplanted by you-know-which lol). 

Agree with you completely. And yes, I had never expected that any other dramas can be better than WWWSK until HPL happened! :innocent:

• Like 12
  • Love 1

• They cut away! they actually just kissed and then woke up. That is not how babies are made :P They owe us a lovemaking scene. I hope the next episode fills in what they took out. 

tumblr_prz5g8pQP81xstbxpo5_r1_400.giftumblr_prz5g8pQP81xstbxpo7_r1_400.gif

99E80A465CE7AB6227

996730355CE7AB6624

Spoiler

The writer of this show really do understand what it’s like to admired an artist in an exciting, slightly time consuming, healthy way.

• Like 11
  • LOL 10

On 5/24/2019 at 2:12 PM, annie1234 said:

The Soundtrack album looks so cute! 

Oh wow! Thanks for this info! I can't wait for the Wolf song to release. That'll definitely be my next ringtone lmao. 

@DramageekGreat point about CYS being a tomboy, and DM being feminine. Love the nuances in her acting, I (think) should know because I watch and re-watch her dramas lol (namely, City Hunter, SKKS, Healer, WWWSK and HPL). I should probably watch 7 Days too, but I don't like sad endings :p I'll probably get to Glory Jane next after HPL, I dunno. Or re-watch HPL all over again.

I don't mind the KJW praise here because I'm also damn impressed with his acting, and I think he's my favorite male lead PMY has had. And I know most everyone here are fangirls so undoubtedly he will command the most attention. But PMY needs some love too so I'm here to shower her with some :D

I'm sad the drama is ending soon... I seriously need a new actress to latch on to, I literally prefer to re-watch a PMY drama than watch any new show, no matter how supposedly good, if PMY isn't in it. (And I've tried to watch Legend of the Blue Sea, Love from the Star, Because this is my First Life, Suspicious Partner, etc. etc. And all I end up with is a re-watch Healer and WWWSK). There's no one else like her. Lol. I guess I should be thankful I can add another drama to my re-watch list. 

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 14
  • Love 2

well well!!!! has been a while but am here i Absolutely love this Drama Am always PMY fan  and KJW  have alot to say but will skip for now 

HLP is the best drama. 
I don't have high expectation over this drama when I watch the first episode. I thought it will be just another rom-com. I'm just glad I get to see KJW playing his first male lead on rom-com and think I could get to see his various expression of joy and silliness, not a sad face of unrequited love again or a serious face in heavy drama
 the drama really surprises me every episodes. As it comes with interesting scenes after scenes.

Hyojin vs SASAENG SINDY! I really LOVE Hyojin's character development. I LOVE how she transformed from just a sasaeng to a dependable coworker and part of the Cheum family.  Hyojin has been a surprisingly refreshing character that at first, we thought would hate.BUT can we talk about Cindy's mom again, what a QUEEN I LOVE HER ACTING ! Especially when she goes 'Oh my god'

• Like 12

Dearest Lion Kim Jae Uck, made me cry, cry and cry in the office today. and I also smile with full of love towards the ending of EP14. Am going to miss Lion & SDM so much when the drama ends. Where can i find a boyfriend like Ryan Gold? SDM has the best birthday present ever. Dream came true. how are we going to move on when the drama ends?

Sian new song is a blend of hip-hop & acoustic... maybe his Hyung RG will come in as the acoustic guest. 

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, Aziraphale said:

The more I think about Shi-an doing this, the less I like it. Ryan had no clue until it was all sprung on him in the gallery office. The realisation was devastating. His reaction time was virtually zero. In the space of an episode (and maybe a half), he was expected to come to terms with suddenly having a mother again and now a brother as well.

Could there have been a way for Shi An to reveal the truth to Ryan little by little, or probably in an earlier episode? Could the truth have been less painful if so? Either way, to be realistic, Ryan would need more time for the truth actually "sink in". Maybe we'd see something like, "two years later" in next week's episodes. But then again, I don't think we need to actually see the "one happy family" scene. Personally, it would be enough for me to hear from Ryan that he'd meet up with his mom and brother from time to time.

On another note, now that the story has shifted focus from the Deok Mi and Ryan's love story to the unveiling of Ryan's past, I feel some scenes to be more dragging than usual (or maybe it's just me being impatient, haha). I now find the minor characters' stories more interesting. Nevertheless, it's undeniable that both Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young are spotless in portraying an ideal couple relationship and it gives more warmth to the drama. 

And one more random thought: I'm glad that Kim Mi Kyung's character has a significant role in Ryan's past. She's actually one of the reasons why I watched the drama. Her character surely has a way to be a mother even to the other characters in the story. ^^'

• Like 14