[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

1 hour ago, jd50 said:

I was referring to the way Ryan, while misunderstanding Deok Mi and Seon Joo's relationship, treated it with respect (not judging them, giving them his room). Also, in Episode 5 there was the story of Writer Nam and Photographer Tae-Hwa. Episode 5 still stands out to me as one of the best episodes of the series by treating the love between the writer and photographer with delicacy and respect.

Thank you to @tensaitekikuroneko and @TheRoadtoPMY for also answering this question.

Ah yes.  I already forgot about it. Thanks for the clarification.  The misunderstanding was quite hilarious. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

8. I LOVED THE LAST SCENE. Hear me out. Yes, it was not sexy or explicit or daring, but the the last scene was so much more emotionally intense than ep9-10 kiss. The first is something you do after being apart from your lover for too long and you need to feel them as much as you could, but this scene was something that tells you that they will be just as unbreakable for as long as they live.

The slow fall of her hair, him taking out the brush from her bun - it seemed to convey the union more beautifully than an actual explicit scene would. Think about it this way: bun signified DM was hiding things, and then she let her hair down when her identity was revealed. The fact that Ryan let it down himself, meaning she is allowing him to enter the guarded walls she has kept around herself as a woman at his free will/own initiative, after mutual declarations of love seems to convey intimacy of consummation without the need of an explicit bed scene.

The direction is magnificent.
The fact that they both seem quite conservative towards these activities(Ryan never stays back for the night as long as he can manage to etc.) - it, like first night of a newly wedded couple, holds immense significance. I don't know how to explain it well but I think people with slightly conservative values might understand? We might get to see them stumbling into the room locked in an embrace, but this action was the crux of it all.

I really loved the last scene with the declaration of their love and sealed with the tender passionate kisses, the bed scene of them sleeping is also nicely film. This is not their first bed scenes, but it has show the progressing their emotions in every sleep together, their sleep positioning tells a lot.

Bed scenes with lots of ‘action’ may not be necessary in K-drama or K-movies, they are professional actors and actresses that need to deliver the emotions and needs for each scene, after all, HPL is a 15 and above show, it is not an M18 show.

Hope Ep15, their wake up cuddly scene is more lively and lovey-doves that curds our ‘hunger’ on the missing bed action :kiss_wink:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ondine said:

I also think the childhood backstory is overrated. In my limited experience of Korean drama, I've seen it in Kill me Heal Me and She was Pretty with Hwang jung eum and Park Seo Joon, then What's Wrong with Secretary Kim with PSJ and PMY, and now in Her Private Life with PMY and KJW. Ryan Gold and Deok Mi could still be a great couple without being childhood friends.

Other than that, I love the episode in general. So far the writer has done a wonderful job in creating sensible characters. The scene which the employees caught Ryan and Deok Mi sleepover in the gallery is epic. The scene which a brush is removed from a female's bun is iconic in movies with artistic theme. Overall this is a beautiful beautiful drama from characters to storyline to cinematography. I am so glad I invested in it.

Hide contents

I was never invested in the childhood backstory, so this was the most boring episode of the show for me. The most exciting moments were the two seconds they were being cute at the office dinner. The last scene also fell flat for me, even with the I love you's and the kiss. I felt like it didn't have the rawness of the workshop kiss; everything felt too controlled and pretty. Or maybe at that point I had been bored numb by everything that went before. Maybe rewatching it will change my mind. Idk, idk. I hope the bts video will be fun at least.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/23/2019 at 11:22 PM, Ameera Ali said:

white towel never let me down in drama before  , so hopefully we would see him in towel around his hips very soon .

BLESS WHOEVER POSTED THIS GIF

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images . Thanks
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

•  

Like A Girl Boss: 12 Ways To Incorporate Park Min Young’s K-Drama Style Into Your Wardrobe

Like A Girl Boss: 12 Ways To Incorporate Park Min Young’s K-Drama Style Into Your Wardrobe

May 24, 2019

Park Min Young has been gaining attention for her hit dramas and unforgettable roles, but there’s also one thing that the audiences keep looking forward to —her chic, classic feminine style that many would like to cop for their workwear. Dressing for work can be hard, especially if you want to look professional without looking boring or too basic. Here are some inspirations from the beautiful actress for workwear that doesn’t break the office code:

Classic Suits

For her role as an art curator in “Her Private Life,” Sung Duk Mi is always on the go. Whether she’s out meeting artists, running errands for the director, or organizing events in the museum, she’s always in front of different people, and this job requires looks that are presentable yet comfortable. Her go-to sartorial choice is a matching black or white suit that spells power and professionalism. Park Min Young keeps her look interesting with subtle details like a flared top and a suit dress cinched with a belt.

park-min-young-4.jpg

Pale Pinks and Neutral Shades

Her workwear “uniform” is very consistent yet she adds a feminine touch by wearing pale colors that work well with her skin tone and soft makeup looks. She keeps her look simple and sophisticated with nude colors that can easily take her from day meetings to after-work hours.

park-min-young-3.jpg

parkminyoung8.png

Fresh Pastels

It’s Spring/Summer in Korea now and pastel colors are the perfect way to lighten up the mood and bring the season’s freshness to the office. Park Min Young wears periwinkle blue, peach/coral, light yellow, and lavender coordinates on rotation that are as pretty as the sunshine. Her outfits still look crisp and ready for business.

park-min-young6.jpg

Unexpected Colors

Sung Duk Mi stands out in a sea of grays and typical workwear choices by wearing bright, rich colors with clean, sleek lines that make her look creative and chic.

park-min-young5.jpg

Office Bling

She lets her suits take the limelight by wearing a mix of minimalist and classic jewelry and timepieces to upgrade her office style. The pieces are versatile and give just the right amount of beautiful, stylish support to her corporate look.

park-min-young1.jpg

park-min-young2.jpg

Work Skirts

After all the pantsuits combo she regularly wears, she breathes life to her workwear by clocking in with structured and flowy skirts. A mix of high-waisted, tailored skirt or midi length pieces are a sure fire way to look on trend and sophisticated.

park-min-young8.jpg

Key Accessorizing

A silk scarf, saddle bag, or a prim top-handle bag may be small details but they definitely make a big difference. Did we mention that we absolutely love her everyday bags? They look like they could fit all her work essentials but they’re still stylish enough to wear to an event or dinner date straight after work.

park-min-young7.jpg

parkminyoung7.jpg

Catch the latest episode of “Her Private Life” here! 

Watch Now

Feminine Blouse

For her role in “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” as Kim Mi So, Park Min Young made dealing with a demanding boss 24/7 look effortless and breezy with flowy, light tops that have a classic silhouette. This is also another versatile piece that looks good with a pencil skirt or jeans, whether to dress up or dress down.

secretary-kim.jpeg

Day or Date Dress

She gave us the total inspo for day dresses with fresh florals that are date or event-ready and a simple white one-piece that’s perfect for an out-of-town business trip.

secretarykim.jpg

Dressed to Kill

A bold red dress showed off her confidence and beauty as seen on “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” and “Healer.” It’s a standout piece for formal client networking or a big business social event.

park-seo-joon.jpgHealer-couple.jpg

Start watching “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”: 

Watch Now

Statement Outerwear

The winter season or simply an aircon on full blast in your office is the perfect excuse to bring out those fabulous blazers and outwears. For her role as Lee In-A in “Remember,” Park Min Young wore a variety of coats that not only shielded her from the cold but also gave her daily look a boost.

remember-drama.jpg

remember.jpg

Start watching “Remember”: 

Watch Now

Tough business

What’s more girl boss than an all-black bodyguard uniform and a bullet-proof vest? Park Min Young showed her tough side in “City Hunter” who was all about serious business and ready for action whenever people’s lives are on the line.

city-hunter.jpgpark_minyoung_city_hunter.jpg

Start watching “City Hunter”: 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I don't even bother about the tv rating in SK...their taste in kdrama genre are different from international fans...Same like Healer,  SK didn't appreciate the drama but the drama makes international fans goes crazy almost like what HPL has done to us..until today i couldn't understand the way of SK thinking..:phew:

I'm pretty sure the cast and crew of HPL and of course TVN knows that international fans really appreciate this drama and they know that we love this drama so much...and i noticed that young generation of SK did love this drama too...

Btw, this scene remind me of a shampoo /conditioner CF.. I've seen the similar act in the CF with this scene... so after this we need to find out which shampoo/conditioner brand did PMY use??!:w00t: 

bM8Y7JI.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 9

9 hours ago, noirschwarz said:

Based on my observation too, he is definitely ambidextrous. 

Left hand is his “strong” hand. However, he can use both hands. I feel that he’s so attractive when using his left hand.

I am happy that you notice this detailed trivia. *high five*

* oops sorry I forgot to remove the gifs. Thanks for reminding me @bebebisous33

Yup he can use both hands but left hand is his main where he do most of the things with. He can play guitar like normal right handed guy but when he plays guitar with his left hand, his guitar turns upside down (he did not use guitar for lefty). Meaning to say, when his guitar is in upside down position, his mind needs to work harder on how to find the correct key upside down. This is what I found uniquely attractive of him

• Like 5
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, niharika111 said:

I think that KJW is on the leaner side. He is well toned and all that, but maybe, his body type (actually I prefer leaner, well toned men vs men with big muscles, e.g. Eun Gi) is not the ideal type to show on screen in K dramas?

yup he is on leaner side as he still keeps his top model body. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sksen said:

The rating is low for this wonderful drama. I guess SK people are not into fangirling stuffs ( the subject matter turns people off- maybe???).

Considering that HPL is on Cable TV, and the other dramas on BIGGER networks don't have high ratings either, I'd say the ratings are fairly decent. Plus, it has always been on top of the Good Data rankings.

C4McMwf.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

Btw, this scene remind me of a shampoo /conditioner CF.. I've seen the similar act in the CF with this scene... so after this we need to find out which shampoo/conditioner brand did PMY use??!:w00t: 

Seriously though, one of the things that boggles my mind as a PMY fan is that she doesn't have a shampoo endorsement (especially after wwwsk). She has the most gorgeous hair. I'm growing out my hair because of her, haha!  :sweat_smile:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, tinymel said:

Re bed scene... Ok so would have loved something a bit steamier but it wouldn't have suited the build up which was more about love than passion... I'd have preferred a bit more... umm. skin-skinship for the aftermath but it really depends on what the actors/actresses feel comfortable with... I don't think that in ANY of her previous dramas that her bed scenes have had much skin showing (certainly not Healer or WWWSK).  So there is a good chance that PMY said that she wasn't comfortable with lots of skin showing. 

I think PMY is not comfortable to make her looks like she is showing too much skin. Though definitely she will be wearing something. In City Hunter too, she wear LMH clothes in one of the scene. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2019 at 10:00 AM, haartie said:

Forgot to post it here ^^

You’re really a good artist! Thank you for sharing your art with us. Hoping to see more!

Perhaps you can finish Ryan’s painting of DM? Lol

@TheRoadtoPMY I love your spazzing/rave at PMY! I feel the same sentiments and I’m a girl:lol: Everything from her looks, fashion, acting, speech, intonations are just so spot on. I fully agree about her gorgeous silhouette. I would’ve liked to see the complete painting and have it hang on RG’s room.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Kim Jae-wook really shone in this week's episodes because of the emotional toll involved in finding out the reason for his being abandoned. I thought he was excellent when he realised who Shi-an's mum was, and in his handful of meetings with her (especially his pain in the opening of ep 14, and also when he struggled to digest what she was telling him and had to walk away). It felt right that Ryan found it hard to believe about the accident and all, and @jd50 raised a good point of whether Ryan's mum really searched for him. Did the adoption happen that fast? Was she out of action and lost her memory for years or something? Why didn't she report her child as missing to the police? Isn't that what she should have done if she was so worried about Yoon-jae? Frankly, and this is an unpopular opinion, there is a lot about the mother story that I don't care about. I'm happy for Ryan he resolved a knot in his heart, but that is really about it. I care only because Ryan was in so much pain over his mum and the damn bubbles.

I really liked the sketching scene in ep 14. I thought it was good that Deok-mi got Ryan to start painting again by sketching her outline. Kim Jae-wook delivered a really nuanced portrayal of Ryan's inner struggle that was beautiful to watch (the other instances I liked of this were ep 12's hand tracing, and when he struggled with a paintbrush in an earlier episode). The kiss felt like more of a release for Ryan, and hence more emotional and raw, like something is wrenched deep from his heart. And Deok-mi realises what it has taken for him to reach this point, which is why she sheds a tear when he tells her he loves her.

Shout-out to Deok-mi for being just wonderful in Ryan's time of need. I loved how she came storming to find him at the museum and gave him grief for making her worry after he abruptly hung up on her. Their heartfelt exchange, and Ryan finally telling her about his adoptive parents, were much needed. I'm glad the drama shone a positive light on adoption in this case - other than the mum bugbear, Ryan has grown up well and it is really thanks to his adoptive parents who have been honest from the start and have shown him much love and care.

(Also, I cracked up big time when they were busted in the morning by Cindy and the other two co-workers.)

I wish they could have avoided entirely the childhood link, it's the one trope I can't stand and that the drama doesn't need.

/end rant!

• Like 14
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

Ok, let's make a story of what happen prior to the bed scene and why Deokmi and Ryan both wearing shirts. 

After that passionate kiss they move to Ryan's room and end up doing the deeds. 

They get thirsty / hungry after the 'intense exercise' so they go to the kitchen to get something. That is why DM is wearing Ryan's blue shirt (as it easier to put on rather than her off shoulders tee and short skirt) and Ryan is wearing a new set of PJS. 

After that they just spooning until they fell asleep. 

Hahahaha...

• Like 7
  • LOL 9

6 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Ok, let's make a story of what happen prior to the bed scene and why Deokmi and Ryan both wearing shirts. 

After that passionate kiss they move to Ryan's room and end up doing the deeds. 

They get thirsty / hungry after the 'intense exercise' so they go to the kitchen to get something. That is why DM is wearing Ryan's blue shirt (as it easier to put on rather than her off shoulders tee and short skirt) and Ryan is wearing a new set of PJS. 

After that they just spooning until they fell asleep. 

Hahahaha...

The production staff giving us the chance to create wild fanfction :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6