[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

I must be in the minority; I'm not a fan of having a proposal or a wedding or marriage by the end. It feels kinda shoehorned for me. (I would be fine with an exploratory exchange about possibly getting married in the future. I think that has the potential to be super cute.) But yeah, that conversation feels a bit like the HPL version of Chekhov's gun---since they mentioned it in the penultimate week, they're probably going to use it in the last week. Ah well.

you are not alone. me also not a fan of wedding or marriage for portraying such happy ending in finale episode. that kind of scene like so Cinderella story and cliche somehow to show a perfect happy ending (for me). I want something refreshing, realistic and unique of the happy ending for this couple :)

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, TripleNa said:

I'm amazed why those kind of people would waste their time and watching something they don't like. If you always check Tvn official IG, you would notice there's one IG user who always writes hate comments on KJW in every HPL post :huh:. I'm sure that person also reads this thread because she/he had pointed out something about KJW which has been shared in this thread by the fan who visited the filming location :ph34r:. She/he claimed as a fan of PMY, so she should always supports her no matter who her co-star is. It's not like PMY will always be paired with her previous co-star (dont wanna mention the actor's name, you guys know who) in every drama. 

Anyway, I'm praying hard that this drama will end well without any hate or bad rumor unlike PMY's previous experience. :wub:

Oooh I think I know which user you're talking about. She always in every KJW-PMY / HPL posts and claimed that PMY looks so tired blablabla and not forget to drag KJW down. She definitely spends so many of her time commenting on something she doesn't like. tsk..

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, ladidada7 said:

What is bothering me is after that confrontation, Lion still calling LS as LS painter, not omma. Okay feels like I'm so into this childhood story. But having a new still RG gonna draw DM (as her muse), I'm happy. His childhood trauma will be resolved in this week. It won't be instant tough, HPL story always so realistic. They do it slow but sure, but it feels good, no dragging. 

IDK the scene sequence in the actual episode. But in the preview, DM advises Ryan to come as an art director, if it's too hard for him to come as Heo Yoon Jae. Then, Lee Sol tells him to turn back if she makes him uncomfortable. At the end, Ryan says, "Could you show me the last painting, Artist Lee Sol?" He talks to her as an art director, not her long-lost son. 

Even if they already confronted each other, idk...it seems a bit hard for them to address each other affectionately as mom and son. I mean, even EunGi who's in a good term with his birth mum still calls her 'Editor Nam' sometimes (though he might be 'teasing' her a bit haha).

12 minutes ago, TripleNa said:

I'm amazed why those kind of people would waste their time and watching something they don't like. If you always check Tvn official IG, you would notice there's one IG user who always writes hate comments on KJW in every HPL post :huh:. I'm sure that person also reads this thread because she/he had pointed out something about KJW which has been shared in this thread by the fan who visited the filming location :ph34r:. She/he claimed as a fan of PMY, so she should always supports her no matter who her co-star is. It's not like PMY will always be paired with her previous co-star (dont wanna mention the actor's name, you guys know who) in every drama. 

Anyway, I'm praying hard that this drama will end well without any hate or bad rumor unlike PMY's previous experience. :wub:

EH? Which one??

" this drama will end well without any hate or bad rumor unlike PMY's previous experience. " I agree... I've been watching many of her dramas since City Hunter circa... She generates so much chemistry with her co-stars so sometimes dating rumors will surface... *sigh. I hope this time, it can end it well...

1 hour ago, DeePlatonicFan said:

Hi everyone. Ystd's episode was great!

Anw, below are my thoughts on the episode: 

1. I LOVE OUR OTP SO MUCH. 

2. I think SDM's mom expressions upon knowing that RG is adopted was more of a concern mother. 

3. I love how the story progresses. Altho the scenes were a little choppy, we are able to see the conflict, like a tightly tied knot being loosen bit by bit. I also like how the last scene was depicted. RG was confronting the conflict head on! Ohhh, that scene is so full of emotion! I was sooo touched and I was crying along with the two actors. Their acting was incredible! 

Anw, I was hoping that RG would draw SDM. N oh bless the scriptwriter. Seeing the teasers for tonight's episode is making me super happy! I also hope that we are able to see RG-LS conflict to be resolved. I hope LS shows the last painting that she kept. I think it is in the church where she prayed. Maybe the painting is a picture of HYJ playing with the bubbles. That would be so sad. 

From the trailer for tonights ep, I think EG would apologise to SDM because his confession cause them to be awkward and rift apart. He treasures the friendship that they had and wants to continue that way. I guess he learns it from CDI and also from ystd's drinking session w SDM. Btw I like how SDM draw the line so clear. She treats EG as a friend and family. Nothing more, nothing less. U go gurl!

Sorry for cutting it short.. Just wanna say, I love your essay :D

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

@niniwu97 KUDOS for your post pages and pages ago.... you got this right.... Editor mama helped and she did know of Lee Sol and she was the one who gave info to DM who found a book wrtten about Lee Sol and the picture of Lee Sol. Thank you.

Am guessing: Si An stated that it was his grandfather who got rid of all nine paintings. Lee Sol was a young woman and a single mother. Since single moms were looked down on especially as marriage partners, it maybe possible that a relative of Lee Sol wanted to get rid of Yeon Jae without the mother knowing, so Lee Sol would have a better chance of marrying. According to Editor Nam, in college days, she heard of Lee Sol an upcoming new artist whose paintings were being shown and critiqued favorably and Editor Nam remembered those paintings. However, Lee Sol a single mother with a young son, was disfavored by the society she lived in and may have had no support financially either.

KJW's performance very subtle changes in his body and face conveyed the emotions complicated as they are of how he feels. After he got his memories when he saw those paintings in NYC and his dreams, finally he sees the face then realizes he has a brother who is well loved by his mother.... but KJW .AMAZING...

KUDOS to Jaewook and Lee Il-hwa for the last scene... It was so heartbreaking and touching.

Poor Sian gets ignored by his bro and his bro even slammed the door on his face :((( Though I agree that Ryan must see him differently (and a bit angry) now that he knows Sian is well-loved by his mother, something he's never had. He gets lots of feelings to sort out.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, TripleNa said:

This will always happen whenever a new OTP born. And more often than not those who leave those hate comments and pressing the 'dislike' button are shipper from the previous drama. And of coz they will claim that they are the fan of the actor/actress in the current drama but of coz by reading their comments it is so clear they are the shipper from previous drama. 

To be honest, I like PMY and JCW in Healer and I love their chemistry too but if coz as a realistic drama fans, I cannot deny the chemistry of her and KJW in this drama. Tho I am not her fan but I watch almost all her dramas as I think she is one of talented actress in Korea right now. and she is just so good to build chemistry with her co stars. Tho she has many haters, but I cannot let the haters blinded me from seeing her talent. 

• Like 10

I think DM's family ,RG's mom and EG's mom used to be neighbour.

Their children call mom and dad to one other parent.

RG's mom and RG got in accident coz to run away from grandpa. 

DM father's business got trouble and he been caught by police. RG's grandpa willing to help DM's family by clearing her father name but they need to rid of RG. This is why DM's mom drop RG to the orphanage. 

Grandpa told RG's mom that RG was dead. This is reason that there is no missing child news. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 6

7 minutes ago, shiqin3381 said:

DM father's business got trouble and he been caught by police. RG's grandpa willing to help DM's family by clearing her father name but they need to rid of RG. This is why DM's mom drop RG to the orphanage. 

Grandpa told RG's mom that RG was dead. This is reason that there is no missing child news. 

This theory sounds logical. 

• Like 3

:wub: These two holding hands enough already for us to goes crazy over their chemistry... 

And look at KJW hands are soooo beautiful!! We really need more close up holding hands like this before this drama end :lol:

3Vd6fOd.gif

T5UezSY.gif

OwYB9ET.gif

Spoiler

D3xb4Cv.gif

• Like 8
  • Love 10

36 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Oooh I think I know which user you're talking about. She always in every KJW-PMY / HPL posts and claimed that PMY looks so tired blablabla and not forget to drag KJW down. She definitely spends so many of her time commenting on something she doesn't like. tsk..

SPILL THE TEA PLS hahhaa:phew:

For me, I've kept seeing this particular user commenting on HPL news/reviews/recaps, condemning that it glorifies unhealthy obsession toward idols bla bla.

As a fangirl myself, I'm actually thankful this show depicts Deokmi as a successful, normal fan...not a stalker though she's a fansite master.

17 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

This will always happen whenever a new OTP born. And more often than not those who leave those hate comments and pressing the 'dislike' button are shipper from the previous drama. And of coz they will claim that they are the fan of the actor/actress in the current drama but of coz by reading their comments it is so clear they are the shipper from previous drama. 

To be honest, I like PMY and JCW in Healer and I love their chemistry too but if coz as a realistic drama fans, I cannot deny the chemistry of her and KJW in this drama. Tho I am not her fan but I watch almost all her dramas as I think she is one of talented actress in Korea right now. and she is just so good to build chemistry with her co stars. Tho she has many haters, but I cannot let the haters blinded me from seeing her talent. 

Healer was my favorite drama, too. Their chemistry was so cuuteeee and sizzling, too... I shipped the characters so much... I knew back then many people shipped them personally, since they did get along well on BTS. But like I said, I'm not into shipping drama pairings irl...they'll be having projects with so many opposite actors/actresses. If I like the pair and they do date irl, then it's good...but if they don't, I don't care much :lol:

This time, PMY and KJW produces different kinds of chemistry... mature and hot one ahhahaha.

10 minutes ago, shiqin3381 said:

The theory makes sense, but the timeline doesn't match.

Deokmi's father went bankrupt when Deokmi was in senior high school already. She told Ryan that it's the reason why she could not study abroad...though she was preparing for it at that time.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TripleNa said:

Yes, girl (or boy, whoever you are)! I just don’t get it! Although I have to admit, after this drama it will be hard for me to see her or him with other co-stars tho. But I’m not gonna make myself a selfish person who goes make negative comments about something I don’t like to see. And I really don’t know which IG user that is because I’m too busy looking at the photos instead of reading comments LOL. My motto in life is simple: Optimism. if you like it, watch it. If you don’t like it, don’t spread negativity and move on. We’re living in such a stressful world and really, there’s no need to fight over who looks better with who on a kdrama scale. All actors (previous to current) deliver their performance so well, that’s why we all have our own feelings. I get it. I respect it. I’m just so glad we have a light hearted drama that makes us laugh, giggle, and cry or basically gives us all kinds of emotions. I think that’s the point of “entertainment”. And I appreciate all hard work of all the people involved. I just really don’t want it to be over!

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

For me, I've kept seeing this particular user commenting on HPL news/reviews/recaps, condemning that it glorifies unhealthy obsession toward idols bla bla.

As a fangirl myself, I'm actually thankful this show depicts Deokmi as a successful, normal fan...not a stalker though she's a fansite master.

Yup just spill the tea... since she/he get the content from this forum and turn it into negative comment, i guess we should know at least who is the person. ^_^

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

:wub: These two holding hands enough already for us to goes crazy over their chemistry... 

And look at KJW hands are soooo beautiful!! We really need more close up holding hands like this before this drama end :lol:

Just purely holding hands have allow us to see how deep their chemistry and feelings are for each other. 

Ryan's definitely someone who will always want to protect Deok Mi and both of them will always be there for each other. Giving each other personal space. 

And through this drama, I've been noticing Ryan's way of holding Deok Mi's hands made Deok Mi feel even more protected. The way he holds her hands will always make her feel that he will always stays by her side, no matter what happen, and stroking her hands to reassure and comfort her, in his own way. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

20 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Healer was my favorite drama, too. Their chemistry was so cuuteeee and sizzling, too... I shipped the characters so much... I knew back then many people shipped them personally, since they did get along well on BTS. But like I said, I'm not into shipping drama pairings irl...they'll be having projects with so many opposite actors/actresses. If I like the pair and they do date irl, then it's good...but if they don't, I don't care much :lol:

This time, PMY and KJW produces different kinds of chemistry... mature and hot one ahhahaha.

The theory makes sense, but the timeline doesn't match.

Deokmi's father went bankrupt when Deokmi was in senior high school already. She told Ryan that it's the reason why she could not study abroad...though she was preparing for it at that time.

Hahaha I don’t know whether I am allowed to spill the tea here :lol: I’m not sure whether we think about the same person here with @TripleNa. I can’t remember the exact name. But the profile picture is a cake? She might be lurking here :P oops

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

26 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I have the same view with you. Even how much I love the OTP chemistry on screen, I am not the type into shipping them that much real life. Ok, i do sometimes feels like "It's good if they are real." but it just stops there. 

I am not the type who will look for slight evidence or worst try to 'create like it looks like evidence' eventhough it is not. 

it is not a healthy obsession. After more than a decade in this Kdrama/kpop/k variety world, I have known many shippers. Some are good and easy going, some are just annoying. 

• Like 4

Peeps, I think we should keep stuff about specific users (whether on this forum or somewhere else) in private messaging. It's the sort of thing that can't end well, when discussed out in the open at least. :D

To be on topic, here's a pic of Mr. Pouty McPoutyface's epic sulk. :lol: (Got this from commenter pinocchio on Melohwa)

9d9a0c065ec2b39865f62492b970bc2e198d6d5f

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, liltash85 said:

do you notice, eversince being in relationship, Deok Mi starts to wear skirts to work and off work.... like she is more confident to show skin to her boyfriend. hihihi

Yesyes, I've been noticing this as well. In the first few episodes, Deok Mi will tend to wear pant suits and tying her hair up. (Even though we knew it's all about K Fashion). But, if we tend to look much deeper, tying her hair up means she has things that she wishes to hide, for example, she being a fangirl while she knew that she's not allowed to be one because of Director Eom's objection and hiding from everyone, she has been very professional I must say. Same goes for wearing pants suits, like a form of hiding certain identity. 

And after knowing Ryan, she let down her hair and wearing skirts means she is very comfortable when she is around Ryan and willing to break the wall of telling Ryan that she's actually a fangirl and not afraid to show another side of her to him. This is something that's very important in a relationship, accepting for who they are. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

23 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Peeps, I think we should keep stuff about specific users (whether on this forum or somewhere else) in private messaging. It's the sort of thing that can't end well, when discussed out in the open at least:D

To be on topic, here's a pic of Mr. Pouty McPoutyface's epic sulk. :lol: (Got this from commenter pinocchio on Melohwa)

Agree with the private message thing :D

OMG I love pouty Ryan. He looks super cute when jealous.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Peeps, I think we should keep stuff about specific users (whether on this forum or somewhere else) in private messaging. It's the sort of thing that can't end well, when discussed out in the open at least. :D

Agree with DM thing hehe

9d9a0c065ec2b39865f62492b970bc2e198d6d5f

tvn uploaded that part on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxy5Du_JUEG/

someone pls make a collection of pouty ryan =)))

• Like 6
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Hahaha I don’t know whether I am allowed to spill the tea here :lol: I’m not sure whether we think about the same person here with @TripleNa. I can’t remember the exact name. But the profile picture is a cake? She might be lurking here :P oops

Sorry for late reply. I'm busy at work. Recently I always procrastinate my work because of HPL which is not good at all. Sobs.  And yes, we're talking about the same person. ^_^

Sorry @luvcrabbieshinhwa, can't spill tea here as we should keep it private. Maybe I can DM you later when I'm free :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I don’t understand why there is change in RG outfit when he is almost ready to step out for work until LS popped by passing him breakfast. Then he turn out another outfit at DM house with the breakfast. Serious plot hole in wardrobe :joy:.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1