[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

3 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

I know you guys were so excited and still can't move on with last night episode..but my eagle eyes spot something... I'm surprised that nobody talk about the missing small couch that RG throw his watch...during the banter scene when he hugged her, the small couch was not there :phew:.. i know they probably need some space for the banter scene or else we won't get the couch hugged scene..yummm KJW looks so perfect from his right side i tell yall... the jawline and his perfect nose is so beautiful..:rolleyes:

I like to think the HPL team was like, "F continuity, we need to deliver the cute/sexy scenes the viewers want!" :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

Calling all the CSI, sorry I dont know how to input GIFs. Could someone take a look at Ep12 preview.  There is a part where RG sat with a lady at the orphanage with and apple tree background. Is that DM?? or DM look alike??

• Like 1

@cenching @TheRoadtoPMY @Lj

Glad to be of some help to clear it up! I think for translators, it’s always difficult to either go with the direct translation or stick with the essence of the phrase! The thigh/high combo is hilarious though :lol:

@haelan Hahahaha! So glad to find a kindred spirit that’s of the same mind! :wub:

I love how you touched on the fact that SA comments about how DM is able to capture sides and expressions of him that he wasn’t even aware of. It’s also shown in the way she was able to see the meaning of the self portrait of that late artist from ep 5. She’s definitely someone who is acutely aware and sensitive to others and it helps her to sympathize and empathize well. I am also impressed by TVN! They definitely followed through on that promise! I’m replying to your comments under the spoiler tab...

Spoiler

And I share your sentiments about being worried about the childhood connection storyline... hopefully we can trust the writers! Like I said, I’m all in with the couple even though it may potentially get frustrating. 

I find your observation about the mom and DM’s scene interesting! Wow that would be quite a twist! We shall wait and see. 

As for EG and DI flocking together... I’d say it would be a little too neat for me to set them up, but at the same time, as long as they don’t bother the OTP, I’m fine LOL

And wow! You totally read my mind... definitely was thinking about Ghost and a little bit of Titanic  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, haelan said:

@celest1al This is seriously so...WILD. I had my thoughts planned out right before I saw your post and I literally had to stare at my phone and blink a few times because who is this person who just hacked into my brain and ghostwrote this for me? 

Reveal hidden contents

- OK GREAT. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I haven't had the chance to rewatch (but I'm about to after this) but that was my instant reaction when I was first watching today's episode. Admittedly, I'm also kinda worried about this storyline and their connection. I've seen many reactions regarding the possible childhood connection trope, most not very receptive towards it. I think we could do fine without it, but the writing of this drama has been subverting many tropes already so I am hoping this will be tackled in the same way. I'm really excited for tomorrow's episode and them exploring Ryan's past. And the ultimate bonus of all -- KJW with kids again!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! One of my strongest hunches is that DM's mom has a past with the orphanage.

Reveal hidden contents

lRiff60.jpg

zhZQFAd.jpg

LgJ5mzj.jpg

I had to rewatch this scene to clear my thoughts, because when I first watched this, for a hot second I actually thought that maybe, just maybe, DM was also adopted. I need to rewatch some of the earlier episodes with DM's dream that was similar to Ryan's, her mom's memory after looking at the kids in EG's dojo when she came to visit, as well as the dialogue between DM's mom and Editor Nam and their past. It's been mentioned before that DM had a younger brother that passed? I might edit this reply later once I gather more information with my train of thought. I can already see where I could be wrong though, but the main reason why I thought that DM could have been adopted was because of the last screencap where she regretted saying that and shut her mouth. But then again, having fights like this with you mom could also lead to saying something you don't mean and still doing the same reaction as DM. Again, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong but I just felt the need to put it out there.

- Will the second leads please just give our couple a rest? We know the angst is coming up in the remaining episodes, but throwing the second leads in there might just add unnecessary conflict. This is one thing that ticks me off -- what is CDI's purpose? Ryan has explicitly told her already that he isn't interested in her at all. CDI is in denial knowing full well what Ryan's feelings are (and to our pure-hearted SA who was trying to ease his manager's comments knowing it might make her uncomfortable). If she was a good friend, shouldn't she just leave Ryan be happy with the one he loves, although I am very curious to see her history with Ryan as a romantic interest. I'm also worried that she would do something like you mentioned, where she'll think that Ryan finding his missing link with Lee Sol will suddenly make him fall for her. Unfortunately, that's not how this works. Not in this drama and not in the real world. Also @ EG -- I get that you're steadfast in your feelings in not giving them up but buddy, I have some news for you. It's never going to work out. And I felt bad for DM because his confession was burdensome and she didn't know how to handle the situation, but I'm glad that she and Ryan were able to talk about it openly and she immediately told him. Seeing the preview, it looks like EG and CDI will be meeting each other. But hey, the saying goes "Birds of a feather flock together" right?

- I see you're suggesting a possible Ghost-like scene :phew:? We stan a true intellectual :w00t:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I personally think what CDI going to do is make sure the exhibition goes smoothly? Because she's involved there and perhaps that's the only thing she can do for RG? IDK just my thought :D

• Like 9

hai guys..i guess this drama should change or swap title with fluttering warning drama...this drama best name fluttering heart or warning coz it make us fluttered every time we wait to on air and at each episode..huhu..need CPR everyone?..

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

18 minutes ago, tan10can said:

You're right that's not they way to reach out to an adult, but that's the way you speak when you are in love. I don't know where you are but here in Canada it a very common practice or more it's a culture. We compliment to encourage bonding. You might find it fake when you hear 'Oh!, you look pretty today' or 'that color suits you' (something like that) this is the greetings we use after our Good morning. To you it may sound off but to us it sounds natural when you in love like RG and DM.

I agree, while my hubby is no Kim Jae Wook (:P sorry baby!) there are still tender moments when I look at him and tell him he looks so good:wub:. I personally find their banter and interactions very relatable with a good mix of romantic feelings + pure genuine friendship. 

Also with regards to the comment that there is no attraction from DM part and that she only takes but does not give, I beg to disagree. I think she already started having feelings for the lion when they pretended to be a couple, eg. that seduction sequence at the gallery alley. 

I see her opening up and becoming forthright with her feelings (eg. Confessing first), making the effort to make her lion smile again without being too pushy for a reaction. I think as a 30 something, your romantic actions are a lot more mellowed compared to your 20s. Its more about being comfortable with each other in your own skin and bringing comfort to the other rather than a grand declaration of undying love, eg. rushing to his/her side etc. You respect that space and is there to support if the other needs it. That's why I really love this show, it's really very relatable to someone in her 30s.

But that's just my take, happy to hear from all :)

• Like 22

2 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I suggest to watch them with subs if you don't understand the language...then form an opinion after that. 

Though sometimes the subtitles lost in translation and nuance... 

Reading their facial expression and body language  is good enough for me to sense the connection . I made it a point to watch raw first so that I don’t get  distracted from their physical expression. So far so good for this drama cos their performance are amazing. In this case, watching the subtitle reaffirmed what I thought. 

Btw, My feel that something is lacking in DM’s love was established from earlier episodes. Not just from raw ep11. In Ep 11, what I saw DM do before the call reinforced my (unpopular) opinion. 

As mentioned, at the end of ep11 DM did rise to the occasion. I was expressing my anxiousness before that phone call.  Seeing RG in pain but need to suppress it. Again, I know he is an introvert bla bla...DM shouldn’t force him bla bla... they are new bla bla . 

My fault is that I was too anxious because I know how the painting affected him when he saw SA’s second painting. I expected he will be greatly affected again.  That’s all. 

I adore DM btw, and love the 2 of them together. 

This drama is so well written that’s why I have high expectation. An example that I love and appreciate- the reason why RG went to the workshop to look for DM. 

We guessed-

1. DO (out of guilt ) sent him to find DM.

2. RG saw Sinagil post to Latte.

3. RG missed DM. Need to be with DM. 

The real reason- RG thought DM was sick! He went to the workshop FOR her. Not for him. Geddit? I was mind blown that the writer thought of this . I was hoping the same level of giving from DM. Tall order, I know . My fault. Sorry. 

• Like 3

Throughout watching last night's episode, I kept on screaming "CUUUUTE!!!" and gasping some air since I can't handle the fluff. Really, how can a fight be that cute??!! I'm so glad HPL keeps on getting better and better. I have always love mature relationships (in an emotional way lol) but I guess this kind of relationship doesn't really sell in kdramaland. 90% of kdramas I watched contains A LOT of relationships filled with only aegyo. But HPL manage to balance out the aegyo-ness in a mature relationship *big applause*. SJ & her husband and DM & RG being emotionally raw to each other is so pleasing to watch omona.

I'm not sure on which page, but someone said that the voice of the woman who left RG is similar to DM's mom. Then DM's mom said she's not her mother. I didn't realize it because stating "I'm not your mother" to her child is somehow kinda normal? When the mom is pissed off, those kind of words just flew out but then it kinda makes sense if DM was adopted. The way her mom tells Cindy she can live at her house is weird. It's not easy to accept someone new in an instant. And as for EG, it was said that editor Nam wanted to leave him but met DM's mom so she took him in. MAYBE, DM's mom used to be a foster mom... idk. Based on the trailer, maybe DM remembered RG from her past. The look on DM's face seeing RG and calling him with his Korean name gave me a hunch. Lastly, the short-haired woman looking at a child. She's got to be LS, right? I need 12th episode nooooww TT or maybe I'll rewatch from episode 1:huh:

• Like 9

I can't help but think DM mother has some kind of connection with RG during his childhood. I don't know why but woman that push his hand and run away look like DM mother. I hope this will not affect their relationship too much and I hope they can go through it together and stronger. I really want to see DM help RG paint again. Maybe painting together while being overly sweet. I really hope that will happen.  Fangirl can hope and be delusional, right? :wub::wub:

• Like 5

The way I feel is Ryan Mom leave him at orphanage and DM’s Mom was volunteering at Orphanage after her son died and take care of other children including DM and Ryan and adopted DM after Ryan was adopted to US. 

• Like 11

Maybe DM's mum use to volunter at ophanage as she miss her son.

She allow every boy at there to call her mom. 

RG may be closed to her son age and often bring him home to play with DM Treat him like her own son and become RG's foster mum.

When she realise who is RG, she get emotional and returned he back to the orphanage. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bliss1004 said:

I know you guys were so excited and still can't move on with last night episode..but my eagle eyes spot something... I'm surprised that nobody talk about the missing small couch that RG throw his watch...during the banter scene when he hugged her, the small couch was not there :phew:.. i know they probably need some space for the banter scene or else we won't get the couch hugged scene..yummm KJW looks so perfect from his right side i tell yall... the jawline and his perfect nose is so beautiful..:rolleyes:

I'm having a serious STS today..damnnn i don't know how long gonna take for me to move on after this drama end.. :sweatingbullets:

couldn't agree with you more :heart:

his jawline and nose are still my favorite ever since in coffee prince, especially his side looks. top of the top so far

wow, you're right, we miss that part, that couch which suddenly appear. haha maybe we're focusing with their 'pillowtalk' and their natural intonation voice. how am I supposed to say, i find it hard to distinguish between film or bts :wub:

"I'm having a serious STS today..damnnn i don't know how long gonna take for me to move on after this drama end.. :sweatingbullets:"

you're not alone, count me in! :rolleyes:

seriously, after w two world I never being active like this, my mind is easily distracted with Ryan gold and Deok Mi. I rewatch every episode, every bts while waiting with new ost, again and again, every time there is free time and of course, lurking in here. you guys are awesome with every live recap comment, picture, story, theory, gif, other information. this is my happy pills, i don't mind if people thought I was crazy from laughing and grinning alone. thank you so much, i really do appreciate it, you guys are heroes :relaxed:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Kpzzzz said:

Same here! I am really worried about what Da-Out said in the teaser. I don't want a break-up when there's just few eps left! So may things need to be resolved first e.g Ryan's identity, Lee Sol and Deokmi's mom- (If you could recall in ine of the eps Deokmi's mom was looking at the kids and was reminiscing about something. I do hope it's nothing related to Ryan otherwise he'll be shattered again.) On a happier note, I am really loving the relationship between Ryan and Deokmi's parents- how he showed respect to them on all the times they were together.

Rather than DM's mom, I'm more curious abt Lee Sol's identity, & her relations to both Ryan & Sian. Just like Ryan, I'm sure Sian is collecting all LS's painting for a reason. I have a feeling Ryan & Sian are biological brothers, or at least half brothers & Lee sol is their mother

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Put A Romantic Twist On Card Game In “Her Private Life”

Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Put A Romantic Twist On Card Game In “Her Private Life”

May 16, 2019
by S. Nam

New stills showing Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook enjoying a sweet home date have been released!

In the recent stills, Park Min Young (playing Sung Duk Mi) and Kim Jae Wook (playing Ryan Gold) are enjoying a game of Go-Stop. While Park Min Young has many cards laid in front of her, Kim Jae Wook barely has any, showing the vast difference in skills between the two. Park Min Young is calculating her high score, while Kim Jae Wook looks completely shocked.

Her-Private-Life-34.jpg

The couple also carries out a cute punishment for the loser. Kim Jae Wook, with his eyes shut tight, hands his hand over to Park Min Young. Rather than slapping his wrist, Park Min Young surprises him by kissing his wrist instead.

Her-Private-Life-41.jpg

The two actors showed off their amazing chemistry when filming this scene. While taking turns at making ad-libs, Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook realistically portrayed a couple, making the people on set burst out into laughter.

The production staff of “Her Private Life” shared, “Even the staff couldn’t help but smile while filming Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook’s sweet and heart-fluttering ad-lib fest. You’ll be able to see the sweet and affectionate sides of the couple for which 24 hours of dating isn’t enough.”

“Her Private Life” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST. Watch the latest episode below!

MAKES ME HAPPY TO KNOW IT WAS AD LIB!

• Like 11
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

I found a great comment by mehitable on this recap by Dramas with a Side of Kimchi:

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.com/2019/05/13/her-private-life-episodes-9-10-a-chatty-recap/#comment-6124

I've seen many comments around the internets about the lack of plot in HPL, but here commenter discusses how in a romance book or movie, the romance is the plot. There's a usual structure for a romance plotline, and the commenter discusses how the plotline in HPL relates to this structure.

I read the next comment in that blog post above, and can't help feeling defensive of HPL.

Of course the romance IS the plot!  I don't need all the usual kdrama tropes and conflicts!  I watch HPL for the sizzling chemistry of our OTP hahaha...  There are so many genres in kdramas - imo HPL is as good as it gets for a romcom.    Watch Sky Castle if you're looking for tangled plot. Btw Kim Bo-ra (Sindy) is excellent in Sky Castle.

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

The way Sian looks at Ryan when he talks about Lee Sol's paintings hints at him knowing something Ryan doesn't. And Ryan, being the way he is, isn't also about to ask too much lest it means he has to divulge too much. But is the connection between them as simple as brotherhood? Gotta ask then why Ryan was abandoned and where Sian popped up from thereafter. Sian has a backstory that's not been told yet.

I agree that it seems like Sian knows more than he lets on.  It was shown in the beginning, he was questioning the "coincidence" that Ryan also like Lee Sol's work.

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, Hueee said:

The production staff of “Her Private Life” shared, “Even the staff couldn’t help but smile while filming Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook’s sweet and heart-fluttering ad-lib fest. You’ll be able to see the sweet and affectionate sides of the couple for which 24 hours of dating isn’t enough.”

24 hours of dating is not enough?? What does that means?? Are they telling us that PMY & KJW should marry each other so that they can be hubby wifey 24 hours everyday and be sweet loving couple?? Awwwwwww :lol::sweatingbullets: Mianhaeyo..my delulu mind interpreted that article differently...

The production team so lucky that they had witness all the bts of PMY & KJW scenes and we're here in this thread waiting for the bts and imagined delulu things...and all we get was the bts that has been edited out..aigoo...life is not fair!! :unsure:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1