[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

On 5/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, haelan said:

Hello friends! I'm proud to announce that I've had a major case of STS over this entire waiting period. It felt like Wednesday was never going to come. It's only Monday night for me, and the wait for the next 2 days is going to be absolutely agonizing. It's never been this bad before, and I consider myself a pretty patient person :sweatingbullets: I was just so enamored by Ep. 10 that it made me question is someone could feel this happy in such a short amount of time LOL. I do admit though that I have my worries about where we go from now -- it is usually between Episodes 11-14 that can make or break a kdrama for me in terms of plot. But I have decided to put my faith in the writer...she has been exceeding our expectations so far and I'm sure the drama will be able to deliver until the very end.

Ramblings:

Hide contents

Last night, I couldn't sleep. Or actually I haven't really been sleeping well in the first place because my "quiet" nights center around HPL :phew:. I decided to watch Eps. 5-6, which are my personal favorite besides our most recent episodes. My main goal to see how far Ryan and DM have come in their relationship since they're now a real couple and it was absolutely beautiful to watch their romance blossom. Although it's been mentioned before by others, it is their slow-burn development that really gets to me. I'm really excited to binge watch this when it's finally finished (:tears:). The amount of understanding and consideration they have for each other is very rare, especially for someone you've only met within a short amount of time. I wanted to also try and see when and where it became real feelings for the both of them, but I'm going to have to need Ryan and DM themselves to point this out for me in the future episodes (writer please!!!) because I want to see them talking about it! Before I had the chance to rewatch Eps. 5-6, I didn't get to really take in just how much Ryan goes out of his way to understand DM. His anger of having being lied to regarding her identity is handled so well. He is angry in private but he took the chance in understanding DM from the perspective of her as an individual, not just as Curator Sung or SNG. We saw this by the way he softened as DM was giving her take on the artist's photo, and I think that's why his "Hello" holds so much weight and importance in their relationship. It was his greeting to her both as Sung Deok Mi and SNG. I had the BIGGEST smile last night watching all of this unfold, as well as the scenes where DM was taking photos of Ryan outside the cabin. And having watched her do all of that and seeing her smile + their conversation the night before may have very well been the start of it all for Ryan. Not even just in the romantic sense but simply Ryan seeing DM as a person and as a friend. That's why he was so relaxed when they were leaving Writer Noh's cabin and he agreed with DM about completely fooling CUPATCH 100% without hesitation, because he finally understood her.

I love love love their interaction in Ep. 6. Everything just becomes a literally rainbow trip and heart eyes for Ryan as we watch him really notice DM more as a woman. He was literally the cutest, from watching her secretly, to teasing her with SA's visit and watching her reactions to everything he did when she wasn't looking. Watching, watching, watching. This was wonderful because it shows how observant he is with her. This could have turned into a creeper/stalker kinda drama if they wanted it too LOL but all jokes aside, that's probably one of Ryan and DM's strengths respectively -- watching and observing and really taking in all of that person. Through this, it makes perfect sense why they understand each other without having to say a word. I also loved their bantering during the team dinner and how they were both taking jabs at twisting each other's truths when asked about their relationship. It was even funnier watching Ryan looking satisfied with himself in making up their fake scenarios. My other favorite part was their car ride home. The background music for that scene was so satisfyingly good, but the quiet visuals of Ryan taking comfort in DM's hands and shoulders says a lot about his trust in her, despite being drunk. And of course, how could we forget about him going that extra mile and throwing his pride out the window in looking for SA's mole, just for the sake of DM?

In my perspective, we as the viewers can completely swoon about how good Ryan's character is because of how well both KJW and the production team have portrayed his character. DM is still, however, very much insecure, and I'm glad we get to tackle this in the following episodes. Ryan, as he revealed in Ep. 10, has always been sure of DM's feelings (I mean, did you see him tell CDI to her face "We never fought" when she tried to come for them?!). It was a little alarming to see some people reacting to DM's hiding in the ending as a bad thing, but honestly, that's literally something I would do if I was publicly discovered as a fangirl. Their interactions in Ep. 11 will definitely be fun! DM will get to address the biggest insecurity with herself and Ryan and he'll be there to reassure her and her feelings. The writer of HPL REALLY thought out her characters because we will get to see Ryan the Lion leading DM, our favorite romantically inexperienced gal, into this relationship that has no inhibitions. I'm soooooo ready for the tables to turn as DM learns more about Ryan, and his past and becomes his fangirl. We've spent enough episodes watching Ryan gush over DM, and now I can't wait for DM to do the same in the same level of maturity that he has. Now, if the second leads could just leave them be that would be VERY GREAT, thank you very much. 

Also some random reactions from Ep. 10:

Are my eyes playing with me (after multiple replays, rewinds and zoom-ins ofc) or was Ryan teary eyed at this part? If it's true that he was teary eyed, then this makes his reaction to DM's outburts/confession so much more endearing. This one gaze alone for DM says SO MUCH and I am thanking the drama gods for KJW because GOOD LORD. How can his eyes speak a thousand words in one gaze? UGH. This screencap alone is so satisfying to look at, like Ryan is staring at his entire world. 

Gif Credit: @imjaebeoum on tumblr

Hello PMY and KJW, what are you two doing here :P? Seeing how many times I've shamelessly repeated the entirety of the beginning of Ep. 10, I couldn't help but keep coming back to this part, especially the second gif. I must admit that I was a bit confuzzled with DM's reaction to her trying to pry herself off of Ryan, but then I realized...that's definitely PMY trying to pry herself off of KJW. I have an inkling that he was still laughing at this point, as you can see from the (laugh) lines around his mouth. Hence DM (or PMY hehe) trying to remove herself from him because he's either still laughing or he's muttered something that made her laugh as well. It's moments like these that make the romance of HPL even more enjoyable. We can see the actors enjoying themselves, therefore we are able to as well. I quite like moments like these actually, because it also makes the characters feel more real and live than just two actors reciting lines and performing emotions on a screen. 

I keep telling myself that there's only 48 hours left...but that's 48 hours too long LOL. Keep it coming guys! Y'all have been my oxygen these past couple of days :w00t:

in the 2nd gif, Ryan / KJW is hugging PMY's small body so tightly. I have a feeling KJW must has whispered something. Wish the BTS will be released soon. We are patiently waiting.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 8

KJW is always very close to PD Nim & Wirter Nim in most of his dramas / movies.

What are the chances that the little kiss after lifting SDM off the table, kissing of the wrist, slow kisses on the forehead, nose and lips are KJW ideas?

KJW must be studying in depth on how to turn viewers ON & HOT & out of breath. and his gaze and his crooked smile, can melt the ice in Alaska.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

•  

“Her Private Life” Scene-Stealers Who Captivate With Their Unique Charms

“Her Private Life” Scene-Stealers Who Captivate With Their Unique Charms

May 14, 2019
by S. Nam

The main leads of tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Her Private Life” truly shine, but at the same time, actors Park Jin Joo, Kim Bo Ra, Kim Sun Young, and Jung Si Youl have been stealing the show with their charming personas!

In the drama, Park Jin Joo plays Lee Seon Joo, Sung Duk Mi’s (played by Park Min Young) fellow fangirl that’s making all the viewers want a best friend like her. Giving love advice and sharing a similar hobby of fangirIing, Lee Seon Joo and her friendship with Sung Duk Mi were realistically portrayed by the talented actress. Stating the words, “The person you must meet in your life is not your soulmate, but your fangirl soulmate,” and, “When reality sucks, fangirl,” Lee Seon Joo is a relatable character with irresistible charms and perfectly timed comments that are beyond refreshing.

Her-Private-Life5.jpg

The art gallery’s previous director Uhm So Hye (played by Kim Sun Young) and intern Kim Hyo Jin (also known as Cindy, played by Kim Bo Ra) have been showcasing a hilarious mother-daughter chemistry. From her first appearance, Uhm So Hye has proven to be an interesting character with her raised eyebrows, short bangs, and unique style. Using an elegant tone, she captured the audience with her eccentric commands and habit of saying, “My husband Moo San…” Recently, she made the viewers laugh when she fangirled over her daughter while closely observing her, who was also doing things that fans do.

Her-Private-Life-32.jpg

Meanwhile, Kim Bo Ra has taken on the role of Sung Duk Mi’s rival homepage master Cindy. Using her connection to her mother, she became an intern at the art gallery and unintentionally acted as a cupid for Sung Duk Mi and Ryan Gold (played by Kim Jae Wook). With the addition of Cindy to the art gallery staff, Sung Duk Mi and Ryan Gold were forced to continue with their fake dating, which laid out the perfect path for them to become a real couple.

Her-Private-Life-22.jpg

Finally, the youngest actor that has been captivating the viewers’ hearts is Jung Si Youl, who’s taken on the role of Lee Seon Joo’s son Kang Geon Woo. With his squishy cheeks, endearing bowl cut, and adorable mispronunciation of Nam Eun Ki’s (played by Ahn Bo Hyun) title, he’s sure to steal the show whenever he appears.

Her-Private-Life-4.jpg

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I was browsing in Youtube and absentmindedly clicked on the video of the sexy kissing scene in episode 10 from TVN official account. Found it to my surprised that they restricted that video now?!?! :joy: Too hot too handle?!?! :joy:

2TUAw.gif

• LOL 12

22 minutes ago, cenching said:

I was browsing in Youtube and absentmindedly clicked on the video of the sexy kissing scene in episode 10 from TVN official account. Found it to my surprised that they restricted that video now?!?! :joy: Too hot too handle?!?! :joy:

Did they seriously restricted THE VIDEO? 

THE ONE OF MANY VIDEO THAT CAN CAUSE

IRREGULAR HEARTBEATS..

ACUTE SYMPTOMS OF SMILING WHILE LOOKING AT THE PHONE/TV/TABS?

They should just leave THE VIDEO alone. One with fragile hearts please don't attempts to see it even once if you value your life.

For us who survived, THE VIDEO is the right medicine that is not sold anywhere.

Are TVN really want to deprive us from THE VIDEO?

• LOL 8

35 minutes ago, cenching said:

I can’t imagine if there is BTS scene of that kiss scene... no wonder TVN decide not to include that kiss scene in BTS or else their whole BTS video will be age restricted :D

• LOL 4

•  

“Her Private Life,” Kim Jae Wook, And Park Min Young Top Rankings For Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Cast Members

“Her Private Life,” Kim Jae Wook, And Park Min Young Top Rankings For Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Cast Members

May 14, 2019

On May 13, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ratings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members.

The results are from the company’s analysis of 27 dramas that aired or are scheduled to air from May 6 to May 12 in the areas of online articles, blog posts, community forums, social media, and views on video clips.

tvN’s “Her Private Life” maintained its position as the most buzzworthy drama for the second consecutive week due to the attention it received for the heated kiss scene between Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young. As a result, Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young also placed No. 1 and No. 2 respectively on the buzzworthy actors list.

In second place was OCN’s “Voice 3,” which premiered on May 11 with strong viewership ratings. Its cast members Lee Ha Na and Lee Jin Wook each placed No. 5 and No. 6 respectively on the buzzworthy actors list.

tvN’s newest Monday-Tuesday drama “Abyss” took third place with its main actress Park Bo Young entering at No. 3 on the buzzworthy actors list, followed by her co-star Ahn Hyo Seop in fourth place.

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” came in at No. 4 with one of its male leads Jo Jung Suk entering the buzzworthy actors list at No. 7.

Check out the top 10 TV dramas this week:

1. tvN “Her Private Life”
2. OCN “Voice 3”
3. tvN “Abyss”
4. SBS “Nokdu Flower”
5. MBC “Special Labor Inspector, Mr. Jo”
6. KBS2 “Doctor Prisoner
7. SBS “The Secret Life of My Secretary
8. OCN “Save Me 2”
9. MBC “Different Dreams
10. KBS2 “Left-handed Wife”

Buzzworthy-Dramas.png

Check out the top 10 drama cast members this week:

1. Kim Jae Wook (“Her Private Life”)
2. Park Min Young (“Her Private Life”)
3. Park Bo Young (“Abyss”)
4. Ahn Hyo Seop (“Abyss”)
5. Lee Ha Na (“Voice 3”)
6. Lee Jin Wook (“Voice 3”)
7. Jo Jung Suk (“Nokdu Flower”)
8. Choi Won Young (“Doctor Prisoner”)
9. Kim Young Kwang (“The Secret Life of My Secretary”)
10. Namgoong Min (“Doctor Prisoner”)

Buzzworthy-Actors.png

Source (1)

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, Khinqian said:

I can’t imagine if there is BTS scene of that kiss scene... no wonder TVN decide not to include that kiss scene in BTS or else their whole BTS video will be age restricted :D

Yeah, can't handle, no hope BTS for this kiss scense =))

But today is not Wed, so why KJW and PMY are at no #1 and no #2? The kiss is not cool off, right? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Doramy said:

But today is not Wed, so why KJW and PMY are at no #1 and no #2? The kiss is not cool off, right? :sweatingbullets:

Pretty sure they will still be No1&2 if tvN does a good job with the unbuttoning scene in next episode :)) Cross my fingers so hard that it hurts!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

7 minutes ago, Doramy said:

I think ranking is calculated for the whole week buzz... so, their kisses in different style (first kiss, date kiss, wrist kiss, forehead kiss, nose kiss) are buzz worthy for whole week... :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OMG the video is definitely age restricted. :joy:

Her Private Life stays strong in no 1 spot buzzworthy list. Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young just switching places but still win-win for Her Private Life. I am sensing BluRay coming soon :D Kim Jae Wook definitely will be super busy after this drama. CFs waiting

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

OMG the video is definitely age restricted. :joy:

Her Private Life stays strong in no 1 spot buzzworthy list. Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young just switching places but still win-win for Her Private Life. I am sensing BluRay coming soon :D Kim Jae Wook definitely will be super busy after this drama. CFs waiting

His CF is always sexy. Awaiting much.

• Like 3

I really love Park Jin Joo who play Lee Seo Jun. She is very talented actress and great support actress to Park Min Young! True fangirling bff!! How she love her friend and support everything her friend want to do. She even say Ryan Gold similar to Sian in the 2nd episode (Deok Mi also mention this in first episode when she first meet Ryan). The girls thinks alike and both of the have great chemistry too! 

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Woodshop said:

It's finally Tuesday, guys.

Keep it together.

We're almost there.

:innocent:

Loved ALL of your post, but trimming for space.

You are so right about the directorial choices. I've done a lot of theatre and many friends who are theatre professionals (actors, directors, etc). The general consensus is that if you *notice* the director they haven't done their job well. So props to Hong Jong-Chan for giving the actors space to bounce off each other.  You definitely notice his presence in a couple of scenes (mainly group scenes I feel) but it more feels like: Right, just push this emotion a little bit further. Let the viewer really 'feel' X or 'Y'.

Thanks also for pointing me in the direction of the director's previous projects! I don't usually follow a particular director or writer or producer's work (though with news announcements I might bookmark a project). --Dear My Friends and The Most Beautiful Goodbye (SO many of my favourite actors (Kim Ok-Young, Yoo Jae-Myung)! plus DM's dad played by Maeng Sang-Hun!) are now on my watch list!

Thanks again! Can't wait for tomorrow! :blush:

• Like 9