[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

24 minutes ago, Peppyz said:

This the link ,you will see the reference to her private life if you scroll down and how Ryan should be reported to the HR(for touching DM chest without permission while pulling off the ID card) . it  got me so pissed

i refuse to even click that link ... i need peace of mind ... there are many things wrong with this drama , but this is not one of them ... :huh:

@annie1234 please help me , i see you changed your dp how do i do that ... the site refuses to use images i want ...

@50okie you speak so much of my mind , that it amazes me .... i really haven't gotten to the episode fully ( i browsed for the fluff and kisses ) but am so happy you are saying and seeing what i would be doing when i really watch the episode ... i too don't have SLS but i have a habit of always trying to understand and put myself in the shoes of the second lead characters without trying to change who they are but understand ... to me him standing in front of her and her hiding made so  much sense , even Ryan being there made sense ... but i was surprised others saw the EG-DM dynamic in this scene differently and so negatively ...  i will really get into it when i get my thoughts together ...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, NaYouSabi? said:

i finally got around  to this episode after i promised my self i would watch it the go study ...:lol: ... but then i ended up doing something i haven't done in three years ... 

Hide contents

I finally came around to watching this episode and putting my thoughts to words … I personally find it amazing to watch the episode raw first because I have this ability of making up my own dialogue as I watch and I always type them out …  before I watch with subs

Disclaimer this is a very loose translation of the episode based one my non-existent Korean, if you haven’t watched the episode then just know this propaganda is not for you …

The episode starts with Ryan arriving home in distress …

EKSgcem.png

(this is a legit question)

Hide contents

And on the other side of town, anybody was rethinking her life decisions

t3dGdVN.png

(#FirstWorldProblems I don’t relate to ….)

if life gave me a lion gold , i would be happily married , three babies and counting , like my siste would say the fisrt word out of my mouth when i see him is " I DO ..."

But then again, I might be part of the few who understood why she did what she did , self-preservation is one of the most fascinating human instinct ever … its amazing when one forgoes something important because of uncertainty,  at the same time disgusting when the wicked use this same excuse for  the things they do … and in this case DM did the right wrong thing … she was right in saving her heart but wrong in breaking his heart and letting go of a hand she promised to keep ... 

Anyway  the pain continued for both our leads with DM having nightmares and getting drink

6jBZ6DS.png

( and I can’t even remember my STY formulas)

And with Saja the jerk just getting drunk

09LuPb1.png

(any one else in exam season and I really should be studying not                                        watching this show)

The next morning the first thing Ryan did was check soompi forums to see if we where all as sad as he was …

Mg16sEH.png

and we were :bawling:

so when he found out we all where he left for work. While on the other side of town his lioness was doing what every best friend does , getting approval from your best friend about your bad life decision …

XypNiER.png

rD8pFLu.png

6D42Xu2.png

lMKOvIH.png

jOAtBb1.png

rbCw4sI.png

1LwY6to.png

Me : QUESTION :triumph:

and before we could get into how high said writers where RG appeared and DM had to hide ...

QKRjs82.png

JuBorK0.png

But then KJW was like 

7R5H8xN.png

But all she told us was this …

zzvl0GG.png

So DM came to the rescue …

GVvAc3i.png

And I was just siting there like suspension of what believe ?? ,,, but again the show must go on 

And realising that all his questions where falling on deaf ears KJW told them …

7W6BiCh.png

but the man was schooled 

bJyMGs7.png

( this maths makes sense )

But Saja came to our rescue and defended our honor...

Z62k1SO.png

Me: you tell them *as i wipe the drool of my face*

With this he was gone from the café but the lady still got the final word .

hnYROAd.png

And after that DM left but the all still met at work again, but this time with more DO around … and Ryan informed the girl  

3Ng5Qom.png

a4gSyHy.png

tPQdAJY.png

Me: I mean honestly where is the shame???:rage:

But DO make her case

fXmocys.png

And as they where having this conversation DM came around with a message from us ...

GZPBkCi.png

Me: don’t forget the other message

YNr2uJj.png

And with this DM left for work…

But that wouldn’t be the end of Saja’s problems as he was getting flames :warning: from everyone at work , because everyone could feel the tension which I love because the employees know DM better and are still getting to know Saja …

7iOKU0I.png

hIJMp1j.png

Ns79WUz.png

(And honestly the poor lion did nothing but then again understanding women thanks a special skill known only to a few …)

And cindy was like

2E9RC1p.png

And that’s how Ryan's day just kept getting interesting, but he really wanted to know what he did wrong  , but he ddnt have to look far because they came to him ... 

AdQFdpn.png

(any one still remember the debates ?? team reel is finally on a winning streak)

ppu78Dv.png

Me : TWO STRIKES … i mean the audacity 

And she proceeded to tell him …

Wro1H6j.jpg

And just to have it sink in team DM was all

gepv7wU.jpg

( he will eat this words in the future )

The trolling was too much yo …. And all they did was talk about how they “should’ve” … and in trying to get the real story out of the group Saja picked on the weakest link … CD

But CD was all ..

YXw5sWo.jpg

But all Ryan need was some info on how to win back his lioness … and cindy proceeded to represent us as fans

P3A5Zob.png

BeBQkPX.png

But Ryan could not understand how it could lead to a break up …

G4zuTkF.png

Lk6lMw0.png

An honest legit rule , but Ryan the first time rom-com lead couldn’t get the gist

mbLxf9T.png

And so cindy gave up

qaKcIST.png

So Ryan went to set things straight …but DM kept on looking for excuses not to talk to him …

R33XYtF.png

But ryan was having none of that

7ToAs8s.png

9nL4hOy.png

But DM as always had a good defense

xvQsSEk.png

Me: some classes in high school was just nap time ... DM i gets you ...

DM: Thank you NaYouSabi? .... now let me finish with the lion .. 

GAq1Hmf.png

And KJW tried to understand , because if the writers where out of ideas

S0bMiXh.png

PMY just shook her head at him

gbvt3e1.png

With the bad news , Ryan proceeded home to cry his heart out …

hSZzvXc.png

( I just realised this episode had a lot from Ryan’s point of view)

But the next day was no better the war of the EXES-THAT-ARE-NOT-TECHNICALLY-EXES continued …

aM7ZU5M.png

And lion just gave her these looks

flyLbkT.png

While everyone in there tried to stay out of the line of fire …

P4WdrEC.png

You could cut the tension with a knife … so the team decided at least they should eat in peace … 

AmjinFk.png

SCCVyWL.png

FkdmCwI.png

Five seconds later

pJgIgxR.png

(And this is how wars are lost …)

DM tried to give heart eyes but Ryan wasn't in the mood

nlPgVP7.png

Because of poor planning they team had to eat on eggshells

IrNFyIN.png

I love the little details about this show , for once a foreigner is actually a foreigner , the way he looks at new things , he too is fascinated by the culture

Xv3FOxz.png

(this^^ is why I do chips only when I don’t know the menu)

While Saja is contemplating how to deal with his culture shock DM is all

rm6Y2oy.png

We only ever saw how Ryan looks at DM so it was good to finally see the lioness look at the lion … and she is a true fan girl …

And me in my corner

X8qMcYz.png

( in my culture , this saying implies that god rested well on Sunday , so he was much awake and alert when making the Monday humans )

And DM agreed because In her corner she was all …

OHTywWs.png

And so after lunch they ran into mom and dad who did their best to hint that saja was a good son-in-law … she even made a baby lion for her future grand-babies

0R5UsUR.png

And then they proceeded to take pictures

B175ZO0.png

The way he pulled her back and she just fell into the picture taking mode had me all … even in fights he is trying to show her he doesn’t mind , he wants to be here with her and her family …

WEKRHEY.png

And the lion was wagging his tail … happy AF … but I miss the weird smiles …

After a double lunch they all wen home and in the car had a conversation

xuEfhfG.png

I loved this scene and felt so bad for him because he was really trying to have a conversion with her and everytime she would give a short answer but he stilled tried again … and it pained me , because I know how desperate he is but still trying to be respectful and not push too hard … 

But as always cha da out couldn’t stay out …. Her call stopped the conversation

1wovqux.png

While at home EG was getting the kind of roasting only mothers can give their children …

cZQJ8U3.png

My mother would have even added

NmWiTVq.png

JI8vLbi.png

(you say this to tell someone, you won’t beg them)

I lolled at the scene so hard …

At the same moment Ryan was being his usually self, wishing for the floor to open and swallow him …

fx38IYY.png

and at home EG was reading his sister's mind ...

SBiEv4m.png

( EG talking the talk and walking the walk )

i loved this scene , , the mind reading , the trust and the honesty , and at the same tie my heart wept for him ... because this is the moment he saw she might actually really like the lion and this is when he decided to up his game ... for once he wasn't teasing or being the mean brother he was realising RG is actually important ...

and he knew to bring food ... + 10 

And then the next day came and our couple was sill at it … but KJW was tired and needed a legit plan for the future , this was't what he signed up for ... there was no romance only comedy in this rom-com 

cdSzhKa.png

PMY told him 

MpxKGPf.png

KKMQjQ4.png

Me : no its not possible , it’s never in the ideas but the execution of what’s written on paper by the actors … and the rest filler 

And KJW  was all

P33y9wY.png

zADK9PK.png

(looking at you KKB)

Me: honestly I have suffered,  but I still go back to Indian dramas every time, even though they are the master trolls and make me question my brain cell capacity with some of their shows and female leads who get dumber over time … 

So after realising that he has it easy they all headed to the one house we don’t want them at … and then after some time DM  left followed by Ryan …

dekLyiP.png

Me: did angels just sing ?? *hearing aaaaahhhh*

but no one had time for me 

6E4DThC.png

KRt6UsN.png

then he smirk 

Oy4icwY.png

This scene … oh this scene if you know, you know …they way this man stares at this woman, my heart can’t take it … this scene was everything they little smile he gave her when he realised that he was right all this time , the little smile he gave when he realised that the conversation he wanted all this was happening …

The way he silently let her say her part … waiting for her to speak, for her to finally tell him how she felt … this is Ryan gold , his turn for confessing had pass and now it was her turn and he let her have it …

Zcb7O6q.png

Z4M8cUO.png

And DM explained its not that she didn’t want to its just that, drama gods needed to milk the money out of the angst … and she looked at him with one tear coming down her an eye and asked …

9zOEkJp.png

and then he did 

99DD47435CD2FDD81F

998B34455CD2FDDB02

99EB0F475CD2FDDA2C

And I proceeded to faint …:scream:

psst psst @Sky8lue i borrowed your gifs for some important business ...

okay i have to go ... 

I wish I could give you more LOLs because this made my day! Indian dramas are cringeworthy af, and I like most of us wouldn't be caught dead watching a romance or family drama produced here.

That said, the premise of KJW being new to romcom stupidity was golden haha - I am glad he took this drama, because had he taken some typical stuff like The Heirs/BoF/etc. he'd have run off back to his indie movies and creepy villain roles forever. At least this drama has people talking to each other. Let's hope he stays in this light mainstream world for some time.

I pray with all my heart and soul that the writers and the directors stay true to DM's inquisitive, sensitive, passionate, perceptive and caring character, and also Ryan's intelligent, honest, understanding, honorable and loving character. There are six episodes left and I need my leads to wrap it up with the same love, understanding and intensity and with three fanatic kids kthxbye.

As an incentive to it, I would add another dollar to my budget for every time they skip a noble idiocy/miscommunication/breakup etc. richard simmons trope to my DVD/BR buying fund lol that I will take out from my scholarship grant, I might be stupid but I do manage to get one. Please, director, if you are reading this? Pretty please???

Do not mess it up now DM - clear the stuff up with EunGo at the first opportunity, put Da Out in her place, and protect your lion from all the sadness in the world by using your fangirl powers. I trust you, GIRL!

Also to that distasteful post:

Spoiler

I am pretty sure that is not a case of any harassment. She was wearing full formals, and the touch was a light brush - if anyone has worked in an insensitive workplace for a while, they'd know what kind of touches do classify as creepy and which don't. Let us imagine Ryan was Mo Tae Gu for a second - it still won't really put me off either, because she revealed sensitive information and put the gallery's reputation in danger after clear warnings from her boss. It was later revealed that the instigator behind the incident and the letter he received was former director Eom. That was clearly a moment of correct anger, and had Sindy done the same thing, we'd all be clamoring up for firing her. No HR/civil court in the world would be able to punish Mo Tae Gu for that on a legal premise, and the termination of DM's employment at the time was within the limits of law and morality.

(I would also say that the reason RG approached DM again was because she was just so great at her job, and would handle things so well that he needed her to take care of the stuff around the gallery. Considering Eom was incompetent as she is, everything DM did was way beyond her job level and she has a crazy level of skills, making her a huge asset - which he realized. And I really loved that detail because for some reason people make women characters really amazing and skilled only until they fall in love and then they start needing hero's support. Pray pray pray we don't get that here.)

Let's not belittle workplace harassment by blowing up non-incidents in fiction or otherwise, which would make it difficult for actual victims to get justice.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, Peppyz said:

Oh my God @NaYouSabi?:lol:, your post is hilarious and I totally enjoyed the conversation... You are a genius. Couldn't stop laughing... Keep it coming

this is actually how i watch dramas and the reason i joined soompi was because i would reply scene over and over with different takes and conversations and it was getting annoying so i decided to talk about this drama with someone ...

16 minutes ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

I wish I could give you more LOLs because this made my day! Indian dramas are cringeworthy af, and I like most of us wouldn't be caught dead watching a romance or family drama produced here.

That said, the premise of KJW being new to romcom stupidity was golden haha - I am glad he took this drama, because had he taken some typical stuff like The Heirs/BoF/etc. he'd have run off back to his indie movies and creepy villain roles forever. At least this drama has people talking to each other. Let's hope he stays in this light mainstream world for some time.

I pray with all my heart and soul that the writers and the directors stay true to DM's inquisitive, sensitive, passionate, perceptive and caring character, and also Ryan's intelligent, honest, understanding, honorable and loving character. There are six episodes left and I need my leads to wrap it up with the same love, understanding and intensity and with three fanatic kids kthxbye.

As an incentive to it, I would add another dollar to my budget for every time they skip a noble idiocy/miscommunication/breakup etc. richard simmons trope to my DVD/BR buying fund lol that I will take out from my scholarship grant, I might be stupid but I do manage to get one. Please, director, if you are reading this? Pretty please???

Do not mess it up now DM - clear the stuff up with EunGo at the first opportunity, put Da Out in her place, and protect your lion from all the sadness in the world by using your fangirl powers. I trust you, GIRL!

Also to that distasteful post:

Reveal hidden contents

I am pretty sure that is not a case of any harassment. She was wearing full formals, and the touch was a light brush - if anyone has worked in an insensitive workplace for a while, they'd know what kind of touches do classify as creepy and which don't. Let us imagine Ryan was Mo Tae Gu for a second - it still won't really richard simmons me off, because she revealed sensitive information and put the gallery's reputation in danger after clear warnings from her boss. It was later revealed that the instigator behind the incident and the letter he received was former director Eom. That was clearly a moment of correct anger, and had Sindy done the same thing, we'd all be clamoring up for firing her. No HR/civil court in the world would be able to punish Mo Tae Gu for that on a legal premise, and the termination of DM's employment at the time was within the matters of law and morality.

Let's not belittle workplace harassment by blowing up non-incidents in fiction or otherwise, which would make it difficult for actual victims to get justice.

am not gonna lie Indian dramas are my kriptonite ( not sure of this spelling ) ... no matter how far i run i keep going back once in a while to get my dose of saas bahu nonsense and character  butchering .... the reason i started writing was for an idian drama JANA NA DIL SIL DOOR ( i made up to 50 post ) , i was in love but could find subs so i use to make mine,  while i waited for someone to do a written update or i went to telly updates .... i think its the colours , faith in god and the way the portray certain bonds that keep me going back ... certainly not the common sense or materials ..

count me in this club ... i need to know the price of the dvd set so i can start planning , exchange values can kill a person( A 100 dollars is = one third of minimum wage in my country ) i might be selling a kidney soon  ... and i can be god mother to those kids ... 

let me echo you "DM WE TRUST YOU GIRL" ... 

and i feel the comparison was uncalled for and i agree with you ... i will just remain in this safe space with people who actually watch the show and still give different reviews...

23 minutes ago, cenching said:

“No one does, just be happy we are not an Indian drama or we have to dance around a pillar or a tree in order to end this misunderstanding”

and then before they can speak the phone rings ...:joy: and you ask your self "why am i watching this? "

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Hi, everyone...

Hope you guys don't mind to allow me to join this joyfully amusing thread at last.

So, here are two things i've been wondering about lately (while STS-ing of course):

#1 "At that very night soon after they finished filming their electrifying woodshop scene, on their way to return home until they reached their own bed while resting & waiting to fall asleep, did that sizzling moment hopelessly linger or did it easily go away from their minds!?" :rolleyes:

Because, it certainly stays in my life forever (i'm sorry if i appear or sound rather creepy right now?).

#2 "Ain't this Kim Jae Wook's romcom project debut worth waiting for or what!??"

Because, from now on, i highly doubt it that Kim Jae Wook, and even Park min Young herself, will ever be able to forget each other, this particular project and every single moment they spent together (that darn wrist kiss in particular B)B)B)) for a very very very long time.

:smirk::yum::relieved:

On a side note, a few days ago, i found this simple comment on Instagram about HPL that majorly sums up everything i feel about our OTP, It essentially went like this:

"Kim Jae Wook & Park Min Young's chemistry is scary. It's crazy."

Similar to the aforementioned comment, i found another one from YouTube's comment section if i'm not mistaken, or probably from someone here in this forum (i'm sorry i totally forgot the username, please let me know if the owner of this statement happened to see this post). it basically said:

"Actors are certainly good at acting, or what people might commonly refer to as 'pretending'. But even so, no one is that 'good' at pretending in real life".

These two are driving me nuts. Nowadays, i can no longer tell if i'm looking at SDM & RG or PMY & KJW instead.

^_^ They are the living definition of cuteness overload for sure.

*internally screaming*

I. AM. GOING. CRAZY.

WHERE. IS. MY. LATTE ???

I MEAN, WEDNESDAY.

WHERE IS MY THURSDAY ???

:innocent:

I feel better now. 

• Like 16
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

@africandramaloverOh I've watched that movie, it really is good. It's likely inspired by the Before trilogy (the Ethan Hawke/Julie Delpy movies) and I love those films. To be fair, PH films seem to be improving, a few of them are watchable now. TV dramas however continue to take from soap operas and Mexican telenovelas, if only they too inspiration from kdramas instead.

BTW, going back to the OST, is the Awoo song that plays whenever something mischievous happens an original song (like when RG told himself that he held it in well after the blindfold fiasco, or DM when she called him jagiya during Cindy's first appearance as intern)? Can't find it anywhere because there's no understandable words to me lol. 

As for RG's supposed blow-up on DM, I've seen much worse in real life, he barely touched her. RG's anger was justified (he thought his subordinate disobeyed a DIRECT order that compromised himself and the gallery). The pulling of the ID strap may border on excessive but given the burst of emotion it's understandable why it happened. Don't even know why it's an issue though, like I said, I've seen much much worse in real life and in other films/dramas/shows. Guess that person must be a KJW hater? Lol

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Wow, 118 already! Happy monday, HPL world! Wednesday, where are you?? Anyway, I’ve rewatched episode 10 and am i the only one who thinks the scene when they did the night bus tour specifically when RG asked DM, what’s that and her answer was, “building?” Soooo cute and very PMY? Hahahaha.. i remember there was this video when they were filming the Theme Park/Zoo date and PMY was asked, what are you doing here at the zoo and she was like, We’re here to see some animals? LOL she’s soooo cute and I wouldnt blame KJW always laughing as she is truly one bright energy!  Also, the selfies they took during the night bus tour, KJW was also very KJW because of how awkward his angles are while taking selfies. So so so adorable! I can only imagine how many photos there are on both there film phones and personal phones.. do they delete it? *hope not* fangirl DM would copy all photos and transfer it to her personal phone LoL :D also, what would KJW do with all the photos he took of PMY while outside filming for ep 11? Hahahaha :D :D :D 

• Like 10

2 days to go until the next episode!!!!!! Can't wait to see what happens when RG unbuttons his shirt and takes off his watch :wub::wub: I hope we get lots of sweet romantic scenes again!

• Like 5

@Odine Kamsa Hamida....OMG Jessica Taimi  that is soo good.  I would have believed it's a new drama.  Editing was prefect how she place all the parts according to the BGM.  LOL Now we need PDnim to get the gist for the next couple of episode.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NaYouSabi? said:

i finally got around  to this episode after i promised my self i would watch it the go study ...:lol: ... but then i ended up doing something i haven't done in three years ... 

OMG I legit cackled at your own interpretation/translation. Are you doing this for the rest of the episodes? :D 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kelmaoneko said:

OMG I legit cackled at your own interpretation/translation. Are you doing this for the rest of the episodes? :D 

@NaYouSabi? Please do more we need your wonderful input and translation of HPL to get us thru Fri to Tue... It's hard when we have nothing to talk about.

• Like 3