[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

2 hours ago, niharika111 said:

In my opinion, regardless of how comfortable the two actors are, they generally do not adlib skin ship moments. In the west, every moment in intimate scenes, is described in detail in the script. I remember there was this huge fiasco during Heirs filming because LMH kissed PSH without informing her because they wanted to capture her reaction as such. If I were an actress, I would take offense to being touched without permission, no matter how hot my co-star might be. 

But the again, if PMY and KJW and the director share a really friendly relationship amongst them, maybe they are comfortable winging it. :)

I would be offended for  2 different reasons.  One is for violation of my body, the other for not trusting my acting skill to be able to act accordingly.  

I saw the LMH-forcing-PSH kiss scene.  It was distasteful and painful to watch. Yes, maybe it achieved the feel LMH wanted, it just looked wrong.  Have to be very careful with my words, lest i start a fan war in this joyful thread. 

Whereas to our lovely couple here, what we love about KJW, he peppered the passionate scenes with tiny cute gestures. He didn't turn a scripted no-kiss to a full eat-her-face kiss.  Instead, he added at the end of  scripted full make-out scene (at the workshop) with a  peck on the lips.  He added the wiping of her tears before their first scripted real kiss.  He added the stroking of her hair before the imaginary kiss.    

The word i was looking for was - dominance.  I have never felt KJW dominating over PMY.  They are so in sync!  In fake wall scene and thumb kiss scene , the RG and DM not supposed to kiss, but PMY is so comfortable with  KJW and wanted to achieve good visuals, her lips actually touched his.  Hers touch his.  MY guess, PMY added the peck on the lips after KJW gave the wrist kiss.

My brain tells me it's professionalism.  My delulu heart thinks they are for real.  

• Like 16
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, 50okie said:

I would be offended for  2 different reasons.  One is for violation of my body, the other for not trusting my acting skill to be able to act accordingly.  

I saw the LMH-forcing-PSH kiss scene.  It was distasteful and painful to watch. Yes, maybe it achieved the feel LMH wanted, it just looked wrong.  Have to be very careful with my words, lest i start a fan war in this joyful thread. 

Whereas to our lovely couple here, what we love about KJW, he peppered the passionate scenes with tiny cute gestures. He didn't turn a scripted no-kiss to a full eat-her-face kiss.  Instead, he added at the end of  scripted full make-out scene (at the workshop) with a  peck on the lips.  He added the wiping of her tears before their first scripted real kiss.  He added the stroking of her hair before the imaginary kiss.    

The word i was looking for was - dominance.  I have never felt KJW dominating over PMY.  They are so in sync!  In fake wall scene and thumb kiss scene , the RG and DM not supposed to kiss, but PMY is so comfortable with  KJW and wanted to achieve good visuals, her lips actually touched his.  Hers touch his.  MY guess, PMY added the peck on the lips after KJW gave the wrist kiss.

My brain tells me it's professionalism.  My delulu heart thinks they are for real.  

The thing with KJW is that he is so assured and so effortless! He does not have to try to be sexy. Most actors have to take their shirts off and flex their abs to be called hot. KJW just to open a button and take off his watch...and he is 100X times hotter! 

Re the Heirs kissing scene, I believe the director was also in on it.  But in all fairness, PSH is not eaxctly known for her prowess in kissing scenes. Yet, no matter what the reason is, it was wrong to film a kissing scene without prior notification.  

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I am not good with words but would like to say I really enjoy this thread. I am having such a bad symptom of STS and refreshing this thread every 30 minutes to see what's going on.

i'm am sort of sure they are aware of the sloppy edits these are years of experience Directors and editors, I think the PDnim and the actors have a very good understanding they sort of discuss what is the main point and what their story and trust the actors carry out their profession. Therefore the adlips and impromto actions. They added them because they think this is a better scene or shot and us being the the audience will enjoy seeing them and throw everything out the window.  I am just so glad they added them in, it became more dreamy and spicy. So what it's a wood or the scarf.  We are analysing they kiss slow mode and shot by shot. LOL 

As a PMY fan I see that KJW is a true challenge for her, it upped her game.  LOL As he has done lots of other interesting characters and done mature drama. I think she knows she can play hard and still feel safe with oppa KJW..

Coming back to the drama. I feel sorry for EunGi.  For a person whom has loved DM since high school and stuck with her with all her ups and down to be snatched away.  I know :blush:I just love our DM and RG but as a normal person I think I'd behave like EG it's desperation and jealousy. RG is stealing his BFF whom he hopes to make his wife.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I think the problem with KJW is that he does ooze sexiness....so even what might be a simple innocent move.....seems explosive....lol...he just had to stand there and look at her...am not sure how Pmy handles it so coolly....lol

i think they have lots of pre scene discussions ....especially for this sort of scenes and pmy is hyper aware....did you not see the bts on best camera angles regarding the thumb kiss....she is a pro...and is able to handle it well and I think kjw appears very respectful of her boundaries....

he would have at least warned her...

remember him saying he’ll be gentle with the thumb kiss so as not to squish her face....think she has a thing re her very cute chipmunk cheeks....similar comment in sdq bts...where she also complained about getting her cheeks squished...:lol:...

• Like 12
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, 50okie said:

For the case of CDI, i have to remind myself, what CDI may know that we don't. For a start, she knows RG has a complex that may have caused his past relationships to fail.  I think CDI did not worry to much of DM because she thinks they wont last anyways.  DM failed the first test after all.  (So sorry, the actress is soooo wooden,  i can't really tell what she was trying to emote.  Surely the CDI in manwha cannot be so 2 dimensional.)

I don’t think CDI knows as much on RG secret, she also don’t know what causes RG to stop painting, that’s why she asked DM in Ep 8, all she could gather from the  clue is that RG stopped painting when he attained the 1st Lee Sol’ artwork in New York.

CDI was just disappointed that RG has all the while never considered her as the potential gf after all these years she has been there supporting him, similarly to EG to DM. The only difference between CDI and EG, is that CDI is aware that RG is clear on her feeling and has put up a clear front to her that she is just a friend, nothing more, so she actually didn’t do more disruption other than stating the half truth, that she likes RG and RG wanted to end the fake relationship with DM. And this actually shaken the confidence of DM. Unlike, EG who has just awakened that he needs to state clear to DM on his feelings, but poor guy, he is just too late.

With the story plot on child hood memories, I think RG and DM relationship will grow stronger as DM is quite a sensitive girl to notice RG’s current situation, and it will be up to RG to tell her more,  provided that RG could recollect more of his child hood memories, after all, it is still RG personal problem to resolve. I suspect DM mum will hv some info to share about the children.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, 50okie said:

MY guess, PMY added the peck on the lips after KJW gave the wrist kiss.

Apologies for cutting your post short;

I also think the peck on the lips after the wrist kiss was minyoung's  touch; you could see it from the way she laughs and ranaway.

Talking about the wrist kiss ,I am not sure about the first one but I think the second one wasn't part of the script cos after jaewook kissed her , she look away ,as if looking at the director to see if its okay and continue and from the way jaewook laughed  and said he would stop ,he seems like someone playing pranks and enjoying himself.

Also at during the tour bus scene ,when RG put his arm behind DM , minyoung seems surprised and also look a little at the camera before relaxing against him and the look on RG face was like Jaewook  telling her  her to go along ,there was even a very slight pause before he put his hand around her back,(or I am actually seeing things due to too much replay?)

This might be my delulu vision but they seem so into each other and always look at each other as if they share a secret joke we are not privy to,( I actually won't be surprised if they start dating for real).......this drama makes me have the feel I had then when reading those old Harlequin and mills and boon romance novel......

P.S;  RG is the most vulnerable male lead I have ever seen in a kdrama. He seems so manly  and vulnerable at the same time especially at the scene where he asked her if they are dating for real cos she suddenly started acting formal with him ,you could see his vulnerability when he asked the question and his relief when she replied him with the response that " you are supposed to go to jail if you kiss someone and not date.

Edited by Peppyz
  • Like 17
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, 50okie said:

Agree, EG's biggest mistake is assuming no one can accept DM's fangirling. 

But, I am quite perplexed with the hatred towards EG.  To me, till now he did nothing wrong to DM and RG.  NOTHING. 

For the case of CDI, i have to remind myself, what CDI may know that we don't. For a start, she knows RG has a complex that may have caused his past relationships to fail.  I think CDI did not worry to much of DM because she thinks they wont last anyways.  DM failed the first test after all.  (So sorry, the actress is soooo wooden,  i can't really tell what she was trying to emote.  Surely the CDI in manwha cannot be so 2 dimensional.)

I don’t hate EG. I love his friendship with DM and always there for her. But he does cross the line few times. The biggest mistake he made is telling CDI about tge fake relationship. 

As for CDI, I really cannot get her acting. I definitely do not think she tested DM at ep8. What I get from her acting is she purposely tells DM about Ryan wanna stop the fake Relationship so that DM will left him. She purposely hide the truth to lie to her. Because she is a woman, she knows that DM will be heartbroken upon hearing that and choose to leave. 

And at the gallwry also when she said “seems like you believe me more than Ryan’s heart” is like telling DM “you don’t know Ryan like I do”. 

Thats the to e she gave me. I don’t know she is a stiff actress who emote the feeling wrongly or She is potraying CDI as she is. CDI who cannot give up on RG. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ondine said:

Hmm, for me, I agree with Ryan's decision to tell Deok Mi that he knows about her being Sinagil, and I think it's consistent with Ryan's character. It's also him being honest with her. I think it's also better for their new relationship that this is brought out in the open now rather than later. Well, I was also a little ticked off at Deok Mi in that last scene. I already felt that she was being a brat in episode 9 but I could still understand her in some way, but the whole hiding behind Eun Gi was just way too immature. I think it's time for her to get going with her growth arc. :) (As for Eun Gi and Da In, I just skip their scenes whenever I can, i.e. when Ryan isn't in the scene too. They're just too uninteresting to me. :D)

I agree. If you watch closely the scene, both RG and EG are competing to show who deserves or know DM situation at that time. RG wants to talk to her gf who is hiding and keep silent behind another man, and EG is protecting his friend who also the woman he loves. Its a battle but a gentleman battle as both of them being matured and not let anger took them over. 

If you noticed, RG turn away after EG ‘confessed’. I think he wanted to leave but he stops, take a deep breathe and turn back. What i get from his body language at that time is, he needs to use his card “that he knows she is RTS”. Not to be above the rest or above EG (coz obviously EG knew) but more like telling DM “It’s okay, i know you and u don’t have to hide from me”. As a boyfriend seeing yourvgf hiding from u behind another man must hurt him and his ego a bit. So he wants to ensure DM that she can trusts him. 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 6

9 hours ago, Ondine said:

@haartie I've only seen bits of Voice (because I'm not much for thrillers, which is why I haven't seen The Guest either :tears:) but yeah, he's like a completely different person. MTG is so effing creepy.

I hv watched some KJW works, Voice was because of the story plot on the Golden Time team in rescuing victims from danger, then I came across KJW as Mo Tae Gu (the wealthy psycho serial killer), though, the main lead was Jong Hyuk and Lee Ha Na, but KJW being bad guy also became like the main lead. For Voice, it was quite interesting to watch cos it is thriller, Voice 3 coming up soon continuation of Voice 2.  For Guest, KJW became an exorcist, one of leads in drama, I would say the story plot becomes draggy as the Ep prolongs. After watching all these thrillers, u will be really glad to see him in rom-com. I see that KJW likes to take up challenging roles.

• Like 11

I disagree about the wrist kiss scene; the way the scene flowed felt like everything was deliberate. And the way Deok Mi smiled and giggled after giving Ryan a peck on the lips was the exact same thing that Kim Mi So did in the morning after scene after giving LYJ a peck and ducking out of his arms (I actually had deja vu). I do hope that all the instances of physical intimacy are discussed and consented to beforehand by both actors, otherwise it's just creepy, not cute.

• Like 7

It’s been a long time since I’ve been on Soompi and had to sign up again having forgotten my login. I’ve been reading your posts and enjoying all the fun in this forum - the sharp eyes and detailed discussions. I learn so much - thank you. Delurking to say a couple of things:

This is my first KJW drama and he had me at Annyeong in Episode 5 (by far my favorite episode and I’m caught up with all 10) - the heart- stopping tangled hair episode was genius. My hunch is that KJW is a fanboy of PMY in real life. They are adorable together in HPL. Ok - back to silent lurking. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, TomiCh said:

It’s been a long time since I’ve been on Soompi and had to sign up again having forgotten my login. I’ve been reading your posts and enjoying all the fun in this forum - the sharp eyes and detailed discussions. I learn so much - thank you. Delurking to say a couple of things:

This is my first KJW drama and he had me at Annyeong in Episode 5 (by far my favorite episode and I’m caught up with all 10) - the heart- stopping tangled hair episode was genius. My hunch is that KJW is a fanboy of PMY in real life. They are adorable together in HPL. Ok - back to silent lurking. 

Me too.. after few times keep on trying to login...finally can get back my old acc... back to be a silent lurker again ...i will just read all the post n comment... :):)

• Like 6

8 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

Idk, to me it seemed like he wanted to show off "I know her the most", and if he really had DM's best interests at heart he wouldn't have blurted it out like that (regardless of the lack of risk of exposing Sinagil identity). I found Ryan rushing to DM's house a bit over the top, but it's understandable? You see your gf's guy friend (whom you suspect likes her) heading in the direction to her home late at night -in a suit no less- and she doesn't pick up her phone, so of course Ryan would get worried. EG rushing to the workshop isn't the same .... yes, we know that he didn't know about DM and Ryan's feelings, but at the same time he is just DM's friend and brother, nothing more.. what gives him the right to dictate who DM should be around. She's a grown woman. Just my two cents..

Agree 100%. Yup, Ryan rushing to Deokmi's house in the morning is understandable. 

Ok to EG defence, he rushes maybe he thought Ryan will do something to DM but his jealousness just shows off the moment he steps into the workshop. 

• Like 7

I love how everyone is analysing the continuity errors, because it shows that the audience is truly paying attention to the details. This may be a rom-com, and we all know that they are doing live shooting, so some editing mistakes may be expected (and perhaps be more forgivable), but it would have been icing on the cake if the production crew had the time/resources to fix the continuity errors. I hope they keep up the good work all the way until episode 16 (and I am pinning my hopes on the scriptwriter more than the director here, because good direction can't always save a bad script, even with such a stellar cast).

Even though TVN has been rather stingy about releasing BTS (surely they could have released the BTS for the awkward lunch scene with the gallery co-workers...I'm sure that was hilarious to film), but from the snippets that we've been shown, there seems to be a lot of communication between the cast as well as between the cast and crew on how best to portray a certain scene. So I have nothing but good things to say about what I'm seeing so far.

Spoiler

Side note:  Ab-libbing dialogue is one thing, but ab-libbing skinship in the more intimate scenes requires a lot more sensitivity towards your co-actors. I totally dislike those directors who request an actor to spring a surprise on another actor (just to elicit a "real" reaction from the latter) -- it reeks of a lack of respect for the professionalism and competence of the actors, that they cannot "act realistically" if they had foreknowledge of the scripted scene.

I thought about why I adored HPL so much and I realise that it's because the OTP communicate with each other a lot. Yes, there are still drama-cliche misunderstandings thrown in, but the characters resolve these problems quickly (by drama standards, at least) by talking about the issues out in the open. The recent conversation between Ryan and DM (Ryan highlighting to DM that EG may harbour feelings for DM that go beyond sibling affection, and DM reminding Ryan that Choi Da In may nurse the same feelings for Ryan) is a classic example of that. And I'm sure they will bicker about what happened at the end of Episode 10, but this is Ryan and DM we're talking about, so I'm already predicting a heart-to-heart conversation in Episode 11. No table flipping, passive aggressive shenanigans, making use of second leads in some love-triangle/love-square scenario to make the OTP realise their mutual feelings. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

57210685_437697226801808_683739418925727

• Like 15
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, annie1234 said:

I noticed the sloppy editing as well. The mickey mouse blanket and the wood thing. I can endure the editing because well, it’s an on hoing drama with pretty much live shooting so they won’t have much time to check every detail. 

And about the wood thing, the scene after the wood fell, when kjw and pmy looked at it, lots of people said that kjw and pmy seems like “out of character” because Ryan’s laugh seems more like KJW real laugh. So, it might be an NGs or BTS that was too good to be cut. 

Yes, Ryan's reaction when the wood fall is seriously an NG expression. Yup, it might be right that it is NG but the NG is not too bad and is good enough to be put in the scene so they just used it. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Here's why I think HPL trumps WWSSK:

1. PSJ's character was not a likeable one. He was written as a self-centered jerk from the beginning.  Whereas quoting someone here, RG  is the gold standard for a male lead!

2. PMY's character as Miso was too perfect in my opinion was over the top. I know it's from a webtoon but it's just not as realistic as DM. Especially for many of us on this forum are closeted fangirls haha so we can relate with DM.

3. The OTP's progress from boss-subordinate to a lovey-dovey couple is also portrayed so much more naturally in HPL.  It's harder for me to understand how 2 people who had worked closely together for 9 years only now realizing they had feelings for each other.

4.  Most importantly, even though I finished watching WWWSK.. I didn't have STS syndrome nor was I lurking in soompi, replaying clips and BTS hahahaha..  I didn't ship the reel couple.  But now watching HPL, I am shipping our OTP so bad. 

I'm wondering will RG & DM ever drop their speech to banmal?  At least Ryan to DM .. 

After watching countless kdramas,  I always pay attention to the use of formal/informal speech.   When a couple switch from jeondemal to banmal it usually signifies the next level in their relationship.

However I'm also aware that there are also married couples who speak in jeondemal (in kdrama worlds)

PS. I love that PMY addresses PJW as oppa

Edited by bobacha
adding more thoughts
  • Like 16

Just finished watching ep 9 and 10 at tvn rerun. I really love DM parents. I can see how they adore RG and start to be nice to each other because of him. I really like DM mom, she’s potraying the typical asian mom and I like her kick DM for always say no when she clingy to GG like he is her favourite son-in-law.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, annie1234 said:

I noticed the sloppy editing as well. The mickey mouse blanket and the wood thing. I can endure the editing because well, it’s an on hoing drama with pretty much live shooting so they won’t have much time to check every detail. 

And about the wood thing, the scene after the wood fell, when kjw and pmy looked at it, lots of people said that kjw and pmy seems like “out of character” because Ryan’s laugh seems more like KJW real laugh. So, it might be an NGs or BTS that was too good to be cut. 

I am so AGREE with this.

I thought I am the only one who thought about this. Ryan's laugh seems so out of character and more likely's KJW's laugh.

You can see that he actually kind of flabbergasted.

And yeah I think the wood fall scene not supposed to happen but since it's too smooth too good to be wasted away they decide to keep it that way.

Anw, so glad to be commenting here for the first time.

I am a late joiner when HPL already reached 8 episodes and been lurking here as silent reader when this thread was just about 60 pages.

Nice to meet y all.

Anw, it's funny how this thread becomes popular thread nad the other "thread" also getting hot. :)

I can't wait to see episode 11 but at the same time I don't want this beautiful voyage between PMY and KJW comes to an end.

The thought of them not seeing each other after these last 4 months already makes me sad. :(

I think I will have a hard time to move on from this drama and start to watch another dramas. 

• Like 13