[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Going back to Ryan and his art. According to how he was described by one of the artists in episode 1 where Ryan arrived to view and critique artists' work, Ryan has become a famous artist because he created and developed a unique style of painting which made him stand out from other artists. However, I think that he did not create it but he learned the style of painting from Lee Sol whom he could be related to when he was younger and developed an approach to painting befitting his own style. In episode 6 when he was in his private room looking at the Lee Sol paintings, he closed his eyes and recalled himself painting a woman as the subject but using his hand and not a brush and going the direction of a circle and using the colors that were in the Lee Sol paintings. They did not show the finished painting but the fact that he recalled that, makes me think that he adapted and refined his style from what he learned from Lee Sol. And they also showed him remembering or recalling himself in a musuem when he first found the Lee Sol painting that he owns. 

4 hours ago, Artheusa said:

5.In line with all this, I think the next step will be fooling the poor parents. If I'm right, the lie is snowballing into an avalanche at this point. DM's mum will witness the "fake" kiss intended for Cindy, and she'll believe they're dead serious, maybe even getting married (EG's mom saying you should get a hanbok to DM's mum in the preview)

you know since at the beginning of the episodes they showed a boy and a girl and that girl painting could have been DM and one of the little boys was Ryan... would DM's parents have known Ryan and his mom or adoptive mom? Yeah, they are buying a hanbok already for the wedding....

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I think I am really not understanding what’s going on :huh:because I don’t really see what’s wrong with that kiss ... it’s an impulsive kiss as in RG couldn’t help himself- so, if he couldn’t help his REAL feelings for DM, he’s expected to ask permission before kissing her??? I know they’re supposed to be doing the FAKE dating thing, BUT real feelings got in the way??

As for complaints about the kiss not being passionate enough, of course it’s not - because it’s a spur-of-the-moment thing?? RG couldn’t help himself - he kissed DM because he’s too attracted to her and his heart is wanting this fake dating to be real but of course, his mind will tell him otherwise ... (for now, at least) - at first he misunderstood that DM is not attracted to him and will never be, because he thought she’s in love with a girl! :lol: Now, he probably thinks she’s utterly in love with SA ... 

And DM of course, is understandably too shocked to respond to the kiss properly. Hence, it was a disappointing kiss from our ( the audience) perspective ...

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 4/26/2019 at 12:44 PM, zenya22 said:

Ryan asked her about what she thought about the picture as it was titled "Anyeong" and the interpretation of the picture from those who looked at it was, the photographer was saying goodbye before he went to the hospital because he knew he was going to die. DM came alive and took a copy of the picture and disagreed with the goodbye interpretation. Ryan then sat up and scooted towards DM and asked DM to explain. She explained to Ryan why she disagreed with other expert's interpretation of the photo and her opinion was that the photograper was looking at someone behind the camera and said "anyeong". She explained that in English the word anyeong can mean goodbye or hello. That the photographer's gaze and smile was directed at someone special behind the camera and saying to that someone "anyeong, I am here and I am always looking at you like this." Her face was animated as she was explaining and did not notice Ryan looking intently at her as if he was looking at someone precious. He did not interrupt or say anything and he waited until she was finished then shyly looked at him. Ryan, looking directly at her eyes, says "anyeong". Her response was a bit confused and as she quickly put down the picture she was holding, shyly said, "that is my explanation" and looked away. Ryan said nothing, went to his corner to sleep. Next morning we see him sleeping beside her peacefully. When he was outside discussing the project with the writer he looked up at DM taking pictures of him and he saw a laughing and beautiful face that said "anyeong, I am here". On the way back home, he happily agreed to "fake dating". He already knew how he feels about this woman when he said anyeong the night before but he had secrets about himself he still was not ready to share. 

7 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I agree that he does not know or is not sure yet about how she feels but it is about how he feels. How he does not want to lose whatever closeness/friendship or trust DM has in him. She is one person that he trust in that he holds her hand and lets her hold his hand. He knows that what he said is not just scolding her about invasion of his privacy that she should have left the house when the leak was repaired or called him and got permission to open his apt, however he went too far when he said that DM was assuming or thinking that they were really dating and she wanted to show badly that she was meeting her lover in his house. That was not scolding that was making it personal which has nothing to do with invasion of his privacy but an assumption and accusation on his part that she was hustling. In other words he was telling DM back off. So yes a proper apology is needed and a hug for me is good. He already more than hugged her even though he was drunk. I do think that he developed feelings for DM.

I looooooooovvvvveeeeeee reading your posts @zenya22!!! These were my favorite snippets!

This was my favorite scene of Ep. 5. I just love the fact that we as the viewer can see a glimpse of Ryan falling for DM's mental attractiveness as well. Maybe I just haven't seen enough dramas, but being able to watch Ryan falling for DM's brains is the best I've seen in a while. This only intensifies their palpable chemistry and why I love the progression of their relationship so much. I love this side of him, being able to listen to her thoughts and giving her the space to expand on those thoughts. To me, this scene proved to Ryan that he has found his intellectual match, especially even more so with the fact that DM understands him completely without having to say anything. And the fact that he got up to listen to her, even moved closer (whether intentionally or not), and showing how he is both physically and mentally drawn to her *swoon* And we can say the same for DM finding her match who can listen to her thoughts well. Ryan needs someone like DM to help him get over his artist's block. I thought it was also interesting how the following day he actually seemed more enthusiastic in suggesting they continue the fake dating to the best it could possible be. This is why the "anyeong" scene was his confession for me, but I don't think he got enough push about his feelings until Ep. 6 when he unintentionally became personal with her. I felt so bad for DM because we can tell she kinda did feel like his gf, and even if it was fake, there were emotions attached to all their interactions. I think I felt her pain even more so because I know that feeling...Anyways, it's so important at this point for them to talk about their relationship and clear the air, and I think we'll be blessed with this in this week's episodes. I mean, Ryan inside her SA shrine? I didn't expect this to be so soon! 

13 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@s00ki but he is supposed to be apologizing and giving her a fake kiss is not it, you don't apologize with a fake kiss. I think the production missed on this one. If he went for the kiss, it is because he sincerely did not want to lose her, lose the burgeoning closeness so maybe a hug with I am sorry, I am really sorry followed with a talk would have been better. They do have burgeoning feelings for each other. The production shattered the viewers anticipation of the first kiss with that disappointing kiss. Now, if they do kiss again, viewers would be skeptical. So, Ryan and DM need to do a real hot kiss the next time around. 

I think you've explained my thoughts and interpretations of the kiss as well. At first watch, I was obviously giddy and excited seeing this happen, but after calming down and really thinking about, I also think it was fake. The apology was real but it doesn't feel like the kiss was 100% real, and I'm only saying this because there was obviously emotions attached to Ryan's advancements, but as some others have mentioned, it's not his character to do something like that without her permission. We could take the "spur of the moment/God I just wanna kiss you right now" perspective on it, but there has to be more to it. It even looked like he kissed his thumb and I think that was done intentionally for the sake of the narrative, not because KJW was being respectful of PMY, because we all know these two can KISS. This is a kiss nonetheless, but I won't consider it as DM and Ryan's first kiss. We'll be waiting for their REAL one TVN ;) 

@hulya.23_d801 Thank you for sharing this gif! This is one of my favorites and the reason is because of the fact that we have already seen how much joy she received from taking pictures of SA, and how well she clearly understood and articulated the former photographer's pictures of his writer friend. One of the reason's that DM's fansite has been successful is because of the fact that she's able to sympathize with SA through just a picture. And SA has mentioned it before that he feels like she knows him the best. She is able to express her admiration and support of the pictures she takes of SA, but in Ep.5 we see a shift to her taking pictures of Ryan and smiling because it gives her so much joy. She's really a goner at this point and didn't realize it. Similar to how we take pictures of things or moments that make our hearts flutter, she did the same as she took pictures of Ryan as well. I thought this scene was well done and well executed and I couldn't have asked for a better interpretation of DM's growing feelings for Ryan.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, taedysol said:

Both Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young seen filming:

They're so cute having fun on set :blush: can't wait for this Wed and Thurs!

LMFAO at the way PMY playfully pushed him away. Seriously who is older? :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6

LIwqpCE.jpg

DM taking pictures of SA while in her natural element...I am so in love with this screenshot. This is what sets Ryan apart from EG and SJ's husband. Those two are the types that would expect DM to grow up and get over that "phase". Even though EG and SJ's husband have shown acceptance towards it, they can't can't learn to appreciate it the way Ryan does. As a fangirl myself, my wish in this life is to be able to meet someone like that LOL :phew: . The way he takes interest in her fangirl persona/her real self is so endearing and it must be the way KJW acted this out because WOAH THAT GAZE. Who else could stare at you with such amusement while you're straight up fangirling in broad daylight? Only Ryan can relate. 

s5gQ1en.jpg

I also thought his reaction at this scene (SA comments on a caption made by DM but Cindy uses her mom and takes credit) was cute, and again, endearing. I love that he values and credits her working capabilities, even though it was overshadowed. And the fact that he knew it was actually her who made that caption, and understood that DM was ticked off after her spotlight to prove herself in SA's eyes was taken away by Cindy...Being able to watch DM from afar has given Ryan an unlimited freedom to endless teasing, but the best thing about this is that it ends up becoming for Ryan's eyes only kyaaaahhhhhhhh!!! And I'm sincerely looking forward to the healthy (brotherly hehe) rivalry between Ryan and SA. Not real love interest kinda rivalry ofc, but having to fight for her attention. Ryan and his jealous reactions (I mean did you see how quickly he rejected SA from joining their team dinner) are what I'm most excited for. Cue the bickering between Ryan and DM and Ryan vs SA :lol:!

• Like 10
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, haelan said:

DM taking pictures of Ryan while in her natural element...I am so in love with this screenshot. This is what sets Ryan apart from EG and SJ's husband. Those two are the types that would expect DM to grow up and get over that "phase". Even though EG and SJ's husband have shown acceptance towards it, they can't can't learn to appreciate it the way Ryan does. As a fangirl myself, my wish in this life is to be able to meet someone like that LOL :phew: . The way he takes interest in her fangirl persona/her real self is so endearing and it must be the way KJW acted this out because WOAH THAT GAZE. Who else could stare at you with such amusement while you're straight up fangirling in broad daylight? Only Ryan can relate. 

also thought his reaction at this scene (SA comments on a caption made by DM but Cindy uses her mom and takes credit) was cute, and again, endearing. I love that he values and credits her working capabilities, even though it was overshadowed. And the fact that he knew it was actually her who made that caption, and understood that DM was ticked off after her spotlight to prove herself in SA's eyes was taken away by Cindy...Being able to watch DM from afar has given Ryan an unlimited freedom to endless teasing, but the best thing about this is that it ends up becoming for Ryan's eyes only kyaaaahhhhhhhh!!! And I'm sincerely looking forward to the healthy (brotherly hehe) rivalry between Ryan and SA. Not real love interest kinda rivalry ofc, but having to fight for her attention. Ryan and his jealous reactions (I mean did you see how quickly he rejected SA from joining their team dinner) are what I'm most excited for. Cue the bickering between Ryan and DM and Ryan vs SA :lol:!

We love supportive boyfriend. Where can I find my Ryan Gold? :D I’m so glad they didn’t make Ryan character a jerk and easily get away with his behavior because they like each other. If Ryan is doing a wrong thing, he apologized for it and so Deok Mi. 

OMOO I just want to skip sunday-tuesday:D

• Like 5
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, zenya22 said:

you know since at the beginning of the episodes they showed a boy and a girl and that girl painting could have been DM and one of the little boys was Ryan... would DM's parents have known Ryan and his mom or adoptive mom?

Yeah, could be. Still to early too speculate on that though, we don't have enough information. I'm wondering about the grandma, maybe it is her who has some knowledge of the past. I expect she might receive a visit in the hospital from DM and Ryan together in the coming episodes.

3 hours ago, haelan said:

I just love the fact that we as the viewer can see a glimpse of Ryan falling for DM's mental attractiveness as well. Maybe I just haven't seen enough dramas, but being able to watch Ryan falling for DM's brains is the best I've seen in a while. This only intensifies their palpable chemistry and why I love the progression of their relationship so much. 

I agree with this wholeheartedly! I bet Ryan was thinking of DM when his clingy artist friend was saying she needed someone to help her better her art. 

• Like 7

On 4/28/2019 at 5:06 PM, bliss1004 said:

OMG...i used to like one of my male friend and this is exactly what I've done to him when we're joking around.... there's some people said, if the girl touched the boy's face, she actually like the boy..oh boyyyy  :astonished:

Sure they can like each other. Kim Jae Wook's fans are not crazy fans so it might be easier for Park Min Young when their dating news come out. But what does it matter, she dated Lee Min Ho courageously before.

Edited by triplem
Pls Don’t quote images . TQ
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

23 minutes ago, JJChastity said:

Sure they can like each other. Kim Jae Wook's fans are not crazy fans so it might be easier for Park Min Young when their dating news come out. But what does it matter, she dated Lee Min Ho courageously before.

She IS known to get along with her co-stars really well, isn't she? Perhaps it's her personality, the type that is uninhibited and doesn't worry too much about how others view her? But you are right, she is free to date him after all.

• Like 6

DM looked beautiful in that white dress.

For some reason, while she was standing on the street

waving at Ryan, it looked like a scene from "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

I didnt like the kiss.

Ryan followed her, and she apologised. That was enough.

SA is so sweet, I like the scenes between him and Ryan. :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Gossip :sweat_smile:

When you rewatch it , you  realise  that Lion Gold never kissed Curator song  but actually put his thumb above her lips before pulling her in 

:joy: @Lawyerh , @cenching  @ktcjdrama & @triplem I hate that big thumb 

The moment I saw that scene in YouTube, the comments below pointed it out and I noticed it too....I wonder though WHY???

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, haelan said:

This was my favorite scene of Ep. 5. I just love the fact that we as the viewer can see a glimpse of Ryan falling for DM's mental attractiveness as well. Maybe I just haven't seen enough dramas, but being able to watch Ryan falling for DM's brains is the best I've seen in a while.

@haelanAHA a fellow die hard RG/DM shipper LOL. I agree, it is so much more romantic watching the exquisite progression of their feelings and appreciation of the other as an artist and potential lover. And it was Ryan who was first stirred when he heard DM say that the picture of the photographer left a deep impression on her. What she said moved Ryan's artistic curiosity to ask DM if she liked to take pictures. At this time he had no idea that DM is the fangirl SNG. DM knew exactly what he was asking about, she did not answer "yes or no I like to take pictures", but instead referred to that particular picture, that Ryan was thinking about that made him ask the question. Here, it shows how their minds are both in sync. DM's detailed explanation of why she disagreed with the analysis of the picture's title "Anyeong" and her answers to Ryan's questions, her energy and sparkle made Ryan acknowledge and marvel at her talent as an artist but also sparked his interest in DM as a woman, (my pov). So, I agree that Ryan's "Anyeong" was sort of a confession and admission of his feelings, but that he was also impressed by her talent. DM however was flustered and confused by it. She looks up to him as a talented artist and so she was unsure if his anyeong was an approval of her explanation. She had no idea that the whole time she was explaining the expert artist was listening and looking intently at her for much, much longer than 3 seconds and that his anyeong was both appreciation of her talent as a fellow artist and as a woman. But when she looked at him when he said anyeong, his gaze must have tickled butterflies in her stomach because she shyly looked away. 

Episode 6: the lion chose his lioness and the chase and courtship begins

We see more of Ryan's consideration of his feelings for DM when he agrees to have dinner with the staff which he never does as we were never shown that he ever ate with them. The staff took advantage of the dinner to sate their curiosity about the "dating" details of the boss with the head curator and got him drunk. I love that scene where they made up stories about the other which relates to real happenings. That was very cute. The fact that the very private, "cold(SA's description") self disciplined, Ryan dined with the staff and permitted himself to get drunk and all his inhibitions thrown to the wind, says a lot about how much he trusts DM and how much he has fallen for her as well. Instead of pressing the secret code to open his door, he made her sing for him and then gave her the code. He could have just pressed the code but he gave it to her. Even when drunk, he trusted her. That made the disappointment with her when she used the secret code to enter his apartment without permission more punchy, even if it was an emergency and to top it all enter his sacred room. But for me it also explains his actions, to go for the kiss. He is more of a touch feel person and his sensitivity made him realize that what he said about the dating and wanting to show that DM was meeting her lover was too hurtful and uncalled for. He wanted to negate his words especially when DM said I am sorry for entering your home without permission with those hurt eyes and with conviction,  and he wanted to tell DM that what he said about her was actually how he felt that he wanted to be her lover and he wanted to truly date her. I just wish that they did the kiss more gently, slowly and beautifully, a kiss of apology and acknowledgement of his feelings. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Hi guys! Sorry for lack of live recaps or activity on the boards. I've been soo busy! Hopefully I'll be back to live caps this coming week. I did manage to watch both episodes with subs. A couple things, SA answered the phone "Hi Mom." I guess that means if they are brothers, he was adopted too, but by a different family? That is kind of sad to me, that they wouldn't be adopted together. I hope we learn more of that backstory soon. As for the kiss...it felt off for sure. Just seemed like really bad timing if it was indeed meant to be a real kiss. I've scrolled through a couple of posts on here. What is a thumb kiss? Sorry if it's already been explained. I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet! 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

I think I am really not understanding what’s going on :huh:because I don’t really see what’s wrong with that kiss ... it’s an impulsive kiss as in RG couldn’t help himself- so, if he couldn’t help his REAL feelings for DM, he’s expected to ask permission before kissing her??? I know they’re supposed to be doing the FAKE dating thing, BUT real feelings got in the way??

As for complaints about the kiss not being passionate enough, of course it’s not - because it’s a spur-of-the-moment thing?? RG couldn’t help himself - he kissed DM because he’s too attracted to her and his heart is wanting this fake dating to be real but of course, his mind will tell him otherwise ... (for now, at least) - at first he misunderstood that DM is not attracted to him and will never be, because he thought she’s in love with a girl! :lol: Now, he probably thinks she’s utterly in love with SA ... 

And DM of course, is understandably too shocked to respond to the kiss properly. Hence, it was a disappointing kiss from our ( the audience) perspective ...

I opened the BTS where the conversation was translated  The Kdramaholic  and I think it explains what happened. The first kiss was real and  KJW had gone for the swoop and kiss and he was holding DM's head and cheeks tightly, then we see the actors reviewing the take in the small screen, and PMY says to KJW, "oppa, you have to take care of my face" and KJW responding "did I do that" and laughter because Ryan gripped DM's face hard and PMY telling KJW what to do "if you were to lift", but what she said got cut off,  so the next scene is where RG was supposed to do a "softer" kiss and KJW tells PMY, "I will be gentle" and KJW still holding PMY's head and neck more loosely and PMY looking at the screen and directing KJW's face where it should be. I guess it is harder to do or film a softer kiss when the actors' lips are really touching so they did the thumb trick? There is eveen a take of KJW kissing PMY wearing a coat. So, the kiss must have been re taken and rehearsed many times. 

I also like the BTS of the drunken Ryan asking for a song before he gave his secret code Ryan and DM falling in bed scene. Seems they did that scene many times too and looks like they had a good time shooting that scene too. :yum:

• Like 8