[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

I have decided to come out of my lurking mode :ph34r:because I can’t understand how that kiss could be a fake kiss - those of you who claimed that it’s a fake kiss, how do you account for the BTS??? Oh well, maybe I am wrong - I think I will try to stop myself from watching this series until it ends! :lol:

Na Hee Yeon is just a made up female name because it kind of sounds similar to the Koreanised pronunciation of Ryan!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, blademan said:

I see that the new OST's title is 'Maybe' in the credits. BUT WHO SANG IT THOUGH?? HER VOICE IS SO DARN FAMILIAR :wub:

Good detective work!

4 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

2 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

I have decided to come out of my lurking mode :ph34r:because I can’t understand how that kiss could be a fake kiss - those of you who claimed that it’s a fake kiss, how do you account for the BTS??? Oh well, maybe I am wrong - I think I will try to stop myself from watching this series until it ends! :lol:

Perhaps it's because us viewers are used to red herring scenes or perhaps it's not typical of kdramas to have the real first kiss so soon in Ep 6, so it's easier to believe that this is fake. It's also partially because the duo have been faking it in this show, that it seems plausible that all of this is for show. Ultimately, though we do know that they are meant to be, just not so soon, perhaps?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Na Hee Yeon is just a made up female name because it kind of sounds similar to the Koreanised pronunciation of Ryan!

Thanks for the name clarification. 

Remember the wall scene where they not supposed to touch lips? But in the BTS, in one of the hundred takes (but was cut), their lips did touch. 

In the old days, to deceive viewers that the actors are really kissing, the actors used this ‘kiss own thumb’ method. Don’t think KJW and PBY need to resort to this method. And even if they do, I don’t think the producers will let this unflattering method be revealed in bts.

Or maybe I am getting crazy. Really hope it was not the real kiss cos it’s so bleh !!!! 

Can’t wait till Wednesday!! 

• Like 6

Because it was an ending scene, so usually, when the episode ended with a kiss scene, the kiss would be meh or just two people touching each other lips kind of kiss style. And then, they will show “more” about kiss scene in the opening for the next episode. Hopefully, hopefully, they will show us a proper kiss scene in the opening of 7th episode. :)

• Like 8

On 4/26/2019 at 12:56 PM, jadore1 said:

On 4/26/2019 at 12:56 PM, jadore1 said:

WOW @zenya22 what a great take on this episode ... i am going to read all your posts from now on LOL ...just beautiful , thank you.:star: 

@jadore1Thank you. I was actually tearing up while I was writing this so my grammar was not very good. But, I do think that at that moment while she was speaking and he was listening and looking at her and the way he waited for her to look at him and then said "anyeong" and the way he said it, no other word needed to be said. I also tend to watch and re-watch to see what I missed. 

16 hours ago, haelan said:

I also think it was too sudden, no matter how many times I’ve rewatching this episode. And yes while I do love their moments together, it wasn’t clicking right in my head as I was watching. I think they tried to make it seem that way so that the viewers wouldn’t be so confused, with the beginning of the episode with Ryan secretly watching her, the zoom-ins especially to her lips, his now magnified interest in anything and everything about her, how he gazes with the utmost curiosity and tenderness, his comfortable state when he’s with her, or the flashbacks he experienced before he ran to apologize to her. Even with all that set up for the viewer, like saying “HERE HE LIKES HER,” I’m going to patiently wait until we see a more thorough exploration of his feelings for her. And how can we forget his “Hello” for her in the previous episode? I think that spoke more to me about him than some of the moments shown in episode 6. There’s a YT comment on the kiss scene from the TvN clip, and to paraphrase maybe what prompted to kiss her then and there was how DM apologized for entering his room without his permission, and interpreting her apology for basically saying sorry for entering his heart without permission. Which is super true because his art room holds his deepest and most true self. The previews can be misleading, but I think that they will clear the air between their feelings. Maybe they’ll take their feelings slowly and won’t be dating for real yet, but then again this IS supposed to be a mature romance -_- (that blindfold though...heh) 

I agree somewhat with the TVN interpretation. After he said what he said, "did you seriously really think we are dating? Did you come here to show that you are going to your lover's house that badly? and then her apology, "I am sorry for going to your house without permission". Which meant she was putting up a wall and saying, I understand we will start treating each other formally, I understand that what you did was to help me for the sake of the exhibit and because of SG and nothing more. I think that is how Ryan might have interpreted her apology and he was afraid to lose the hands that was offered and the only hands he trusted to hold. That shows that Ryan is a touchy-feely person especially with people he trusts. When he was drunk he held her hands all the way through and he was all over her not wanting to let her go. On the other hand DM is more of a lingual, poet, prose communicator. The way she was so animated in explaining to Ryan about the "Anyeong" photograph, the way she gets Ryan when he remarked about many children in the park and if DM had been at the park as a child and she invited him to go for the rides. Ryan on the other hand just blurts out what is in his mind, even SA says that he is a "cold" person, and he is not called Lion in Korea for nothing. I think at this time he just went with his "touchy-feely" guts to express how he feels. Maybe it should have been a hug rather than a kiss. Just like the wall scene where he just holds her nape and waste and while holding her, whispers "biyanada" many times as she cries and later when she calms down, looks into her eyes and say the word "anyeong". In the BTS, they did re shoot the kiss many times to maybe get the effect they want but they missed. Anyway, like you, I am biased and hopefully, they show a better kiss a real one next time around. 

13 hours ago, s00ki said:

After watching the ep6 bts, I m quite certain it’s a fake kiss. KJW was kissing his left thumb! Maybe, he saw Sunday lurking around. My guess is, they must have agreed to continue with the fake relationship. In other words they have not confessed their true feelings. RG coughed when he replied ‘yes’ to DM’s mom

@s00ki but he is supposed to be apologizing and giving her a fake kiss is not it, you don't apologize with a fake kiss. I think the production missed on this one. If he went for the kiss, it is because he sincerely did not want to lose her, lose the burgeoning closeness so maybe a hug with I am sorry, I am really sorry followed with a talk would have been better. They do have burgeoning feelings for each other. The production shattered the viewers anticipation of the first kiss with that disappointing kiss. Now, if they do kiss again, viewers would be skeptical. So, Ryan and DM need to do a real hot kiss the next time around. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@zenya22  I agree with your take( a beautiful one too) 

I think the kiss though poorly executed( which I understand, live shooting stress, retakes etc) is kind of understandable.

He has started to really get to know her and like her, (NO one will sit through 700 videos in one night , NOT even a fan girl) 

I think, his feelings for her are growing and he wants to explore that which is great and he has fun at her expense while at it; he is EVIL but super cute. 

Anyway, His knee jerk reaction to kiss could be how he felt he wanted to apologize and let her know she doesnt have to go back to the formal way.

But like all of you mentioned I really want them to talk about it first because, if they play this like a " Oh this is how we say sorry in America " nonsense it will be unfair to DM. 

Next week cant come fast enough and this is why I really didnt want to watch this week's episodes, Lol. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Ondine said:

Episode 5-6 making-of videos with English sub!

There's this one by Kdramacreams on Tumblr, and another version by The Kdramaholic on Youtube, below. So apparently Ryan's 4885 passcode is from the serial killer movie "The Chaser." Jae Wook, you're Ryan Gold now, not Mo Tae Gu! :lol:

Now i understand the mean of numbers..tq

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images including videos . TQ
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@s00ki but he is supposed to be apologizing and giving her a fake kiss is not it, you don't apologize with a fake kiss. I think the production missed on this one. If he went for the kiss, it is because he sincerely did not want to lose her, lose the burgeoning closeness so maybe a hug with I am sorry, I am really sorry followed with a talk would have been better. They do have burgeoning feelings for each other. The production shattered the viewers anticipation of the first kiss with that disappointing kiss. Now, if they do kiss again, viewers would be skeptical. So, Ryan and DM need to do a real hot kiss the next time around. 

I totally agree with you he shouldn't apologise with a fake kiss. I think you have misunderstood me about the issue of fake kiss.  

However, be it a fake or real kiss, I feel it is uncharacteristic of him, at this point, to even hug her and talk to her about HIS romantic feelings. He didn't apologise so as to keep her by his side. He apologised because he knew he made a mistake- harshly scolding a subordinate. He did simply with that few words, then asked whether she was angry.  

Bear in mind, he doesn't know DM already has feelings for him, all he knows is that she is smitten with SA.  Thus, he should not have known how much it affected DM. DM herself is shocked by how much she is affected by RG's words.  By right, to DM, a mere scolding is nothing compared to a slap in the face.  (I am not saying DM deserve any of this.) 

When he saw the sticky note on the gift, it reminded him of her kindness before- the tonic, the 'sweet dreams' wish, DM offering her hand to hold. Not the sizzling closeness at the wall or bathroom. 

RG is the most un-egoistical male lead in Kdramaland that I know of.  So far, up to ep 6, he has apologised to DM 3 times!  He has been kind to 2 gay strangers, then to a presumably gay DM.  When RG agreed to continue with the fake relationship (on the way back from the author's house), I genuinely think he did it out of kindness not out of interest.  Hence for this rooftop kiss, I think or maybe I HOPE it's for kindness too.  This time, to protect SAiL identity.  

If my theory above is correct, wouldn't it be more brilliant if RG (not KJW) gave a thumb kiss instead of a real one?  

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

10 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Mine is more of a gut feeling that I had after reading some other interpretations of the kiss and the scenes shown afterward in the preview. The thumb on the lips is one thing. The other thing is, at the start of the 5th episode we're shown a children's book about how one small lie just leads to a bigger one, and then an even bigger than that, and so on. Up till now, I can somehow see the story going parallel with this idea;

1.Ryan lies about possessing the Lee-sol pieces and his reason for approaching SA; he then inadvertently embroils DM in a scandal after their visit to SA's apartment.

2.SA's agency makes the announcement that the black jacket was indeed given to DM by SA himself but she wore it for a short while in his house. Cindy exposes their lie and it gets worse.

3.Ryan and DM decide to leak fake dating pictures to calm the SA fandom.

4.Cindy stars interning at the gallery and now the lie has to get bigger; they have to fake in front of their colleagues too.

5.In line with all this, I think the next step will be fooling the poor parents. If I'm right, the lie is snowballing into an avalanche at this point. DM's mum will witness the "fake" kiss intended for Cindy, and she'll believe they're dead serious, maybe even getting married (EG's mom saying you should get a hanbok to DM's mum in the preview)

OR, I'm reading way too much into casual scenes and it was just a just kiss hahaha:grimace: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, s00ki said:

Bear in mind, he doesn't know DM already has feelings for him, all he knows is that she is smitten with SA.  Thus, he should not have known how much it affected DM. DM herself is shocked by how much she is affected by RG's words.  By right, to DM, a mere scolding is nothing compared to a slap in the face.  (I am not saying DM deserve any of this.) 

When he saw the sticky note on the gift, it reminded him of her kindness before- the tonic, the 'sweet dreams' wish, DM offering her hand to hold. 

I agree that he does not know or is not sure yet about how she feels but it is about how he feels. How he does not want to lose whatever closeness/friendship or trust DM has in him. She is one person that he trust in that he holds her hand and lets her hold his hand. He knows that what he said is not just scolding her about invasion of his privacy that she should have left the house when the leak was repaired or called him and got permission to open his apt, however he went too far when he said that DM was assuming or thinking that they were really dating and she wanted to show badly that she was meeting her lover in his house. That was not scolding that was making it personal which has nothing to do with invasion of his privacy but an assumption and accusation on his part that she was hustling. In other words he was telling DM back off. So yes a proper apology is needed and a hug for me is good. He already more than hugged her even though he was drunk. I do think that he developed feelings for DM. Yes, we all love him for his kindness and his liberal stance, his respect and protection of individual rights and inclusive mindset but when it comes to DM, I think it is more than kindness. There is a sexual attraction developing already and he really is afraid to lose her or the closeness that he already has with her. Just my thoughts. But what was that kiss about then if he was going to agree to continue fake dating?   but ahhhhhh that kiss and what it means and why was it done? it is making me and everyone else dizzy, I think...:dizzy:

Anyhow, we shall see what develops in the next episodes. 

OR, I'm reading way too much into casual scenes and it was just a just kiss hahaha 

@Artheusa LOL aren't we all? Ryan and Deok Mi will have to give the next kiss the best kiss they could muster next time around.... 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2