[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Argh! Just done with the ep and I am full of FEELINGS!! I want to share my thoughts about the peck. The peck they had later that day that DM will never count as a kiss? I bet she has wilder ideas. :smirk:

I have a teeny tiny suspicion about it. It does look half-hearted to me. It doesn't look like a spur-of-the-moment, impulse kiss that I expected when RG is so overwhelmed with feeling sorry at how he acted earlier. Also, I didn't think him to be the type to take a kiss without permission, so I'm leaning a wee bit to the theory that he might have done it because of CUPATCH, and that after that quick peck, he'd silently whisper to her why he did so. But of course, as shown in the preview, the parents saw it too lol.

Also, I know previews are tricky af so I feel like RG's YES right after DM's mom's question isn't an answer to it. I feel like RG would choose a more careful answer to that, although still telling the *wink* truth. Just a thought. 

• Like 10

Just finish watching ep6

- Have been watching it 3 weeks and one thing that caught my eye is Ryan's apartment - the blue background, reminded me WWWSK - the promotional video shot for the drama back then - since it is a tvn production, im sure it should be at tvn's studio, hence the same background... sorry, I'm not over her last drama, but the reminders are just there... :D

- the last bus stop scene- everyone else has to go to the other stand since PMY use that for her lonely bus stop scene - heh

- Si An - sigh - he looks so thinnnnnnn..... Joo Hyuk (darn, reminded me of Weightlifting Fairy), the boy who dropped more coffee cups at his workplace, looks better than Si An.... haha

---------------------

As for the drama

- Great to see Ryan Gold making effort to know DM, and slowly falling in love with her.... KJW looks more handsome when he smiles and he should do that more often....

And the kiss... woh, if it got more hotter, im sure PSJ will call PMY immediately, haha... anyways, since it's the 1st kiss, im sure it will get better throughout the next episodes until the end... they wouldn't want another complaint due to the hot scene right... hehehe.. though we as fans welcome it... :)

And whose that red car stalker, her face is so bland... haiz...

------------------

Next episode - Happy to see DM's mom being happy - the fact that DM is actually dating and not wasting her life fangirling... hahha

• Like 7

Just a clarification to some fans in twitter:

Her Private Life did not trend Worldwide.

If you turned on the "Trends For You" button on Twitter, it's what that will  appear whenever you search Worldwide trends especially for mobile twitter. It is based tweets of the persons you follow.

• Like 4

Someone earlier posted (not sure when) that PMY has her 3rd shipping thread in the 'shippers paradise' - so i did some digging, so apparently its 4 - (ok, the min2 couple thread was closed:))

1.Healer - https://forums.soompi.com/topic/345014-official-ji-chang-wook-❤-park-min-young-changmin-~healer-couple~/page/628/  2.

2. City Hunter - https://forums.soompi.com/topic/279185-★-official-minmin-couple-thread-★/

3. WWWSK - https://forums.soompi.com/topic/421729-official-park-seo-joon-❤️-park-min-young【parkpark-♥-bubi-couple】/

4. Her Private Life - https://forums.soompi.com/topic/434945-official-kim-jae-wook-❤️-park-min-young-minjae-her-private-lifes-ryan-and-deok-mi/

If she has 5, she would have the most number of shipper thread? I'm curious why Sungkyunkwan Scandal is not in it? I tot it was popular... and its amazing how her co-actors are in the news lately - LMH, JCW, and PYC... sigh..

And KJW only date Japanese women? Woha.. interesting... but man, his body is wide and he is as tall as PSJ!...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Watch: Kim Jae Wook And Park Min Young Share Heart-Stopping Moments In “Her Private Life” Making Video

Apr 26, 2019
by J. Lim

6823e57191fd4385ac4117e8617dd782.jpeg?s=

Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young are just six episodes in to tvN’s “Her Private Life” but they have everyone’s hearts pounding with their amazing chemistry!

tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday drama has released a new behind-the-scenes making video that shows how the cast and crew have fun on the set of “Her Private Life” while also creating great moments on camera.

The first scene involves Ryan Gold (Kim Jae Wook) and Sung Duk Mi (Park Min Young) out in the rain. Though the rain made it difficult for the two actors to even keep their eyes open, they managed to finish their scenes while also cracking jokes in between.

The video also had Ryan visiting Nam Eun Ki (Ahn Bo Hyun) at his dojo, where they spar and show off their physical strength. When his character visited Cha Si Ahn (ONE), Kim Jae Wook couldn’t help but sneak a piece of fried chicken, and he laughed when he realized his actions were caught on camera.

There were many sweet moments between Kim Jae Wook and Park Min Young as they did everything from wake up next to each other, sit on the floor, and share a romantic kiss. The two showed how they’re able to create great moments in the drama by having such great chemistry off-camera as well.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1320281wpp/watch-kim-jae-wook-and-park-min-young-share-heart-stopping-moments-in-her-private-life-making-video

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm...this series. I had looked forward to seeing the male lead (aka Mr Ryan Gold) to helm his own series one day (since the first time I saw him in Coffee Prince )  and he having done so now... (maybe this is not his first time, pardon me as I don't follow his productions) , I'm sorry to say his acting abilities are a little lacking and personal charisma cannot 'carry' this show. His performance in coffee prince was way better, but he wasn't the lead there .   Ms Deok Mi by PMY is well portrayed.   Ok... sorry to   be the one to throw cold water on this series or maybe on ....KJW.        But I do hope to see better performance from him in the future. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kelmaoneko said:

I have a teeny tiny suspicion about it. It does look half-hearted to me. It doesn't look like a spur-of-the-moment, impulse kiss that I expected when RG is so overwhelmed with feeling sorry at how he acted earlier. Also, I didn't think him to be the type to take a kiss without permission, so I'm leaning a wee bit to the theory that he might have done it because of CUPATCH, and that after that quick peck, he'd silently whisper to her why he did so. But of course, as shown in the preview, the parents saw it too lol.

Seeing how this show is well planned with lots of clever red herrings and the writer tends to twist one situation into something else in the following episode, you could very well be right. It definitely wasn't a quick peck though, he went in for a full kiss -at least that's what it looked like. The weirdly posed "lips barely touching" kiss at the end looked like it was filmed for the ending shot to me. Of course I could be biased since I really want them to kiss for real hahahahaha!:grimace: He's definitely not the macho type to kiss without permission, couldn't agree more with this. We shall see next week.

Edit: OK I read some other comments, and yeah, I'm thinking it's a fake kiss too. ARRRGGGHHH why do this to me show :tired::joy:

DM is a clear goner though. She even admitted it to her friends -like Lizzy from Pride and Prejudice- that she can't bear the thought of losing his good opinion, and was disappointed upon realising that Ryan was only helping her thinking she was trying to stay closeted, not because he was interested in her.

I wonder when EG will make a move, he's been watching and observing till now. If indeed this week's kiss was an act and Ryan still has not decided to act on his budding feelings, a romantic move against DM from EG could be the nudge he needs. He's moved by DM, but not letting the reins go as yet. 

As an artist myself, I completely get Ryan's anger at his private studio being entered without permission. That's a no no. Poor Dm though, she's juts so enamoured with him, how could you stay angry with her? Dragging her out forcefully was a no no as well. The woman carried you home, held your hand and put you to bed remember? Ryan realised he was found out about the Lee Sol paintings and also the empty canvas is a symbol of his disappointment in himself as an artist combined with the grief of abandonment. The artist's block of depression is something I've been struggling with for a long time, and I get his pain. Don't push around the people who care for you though, silly lion. My heart broke in two for DM at that moment. PMY really nailed the look of heartbreak there.:thumbsup:

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, Artheusa said:

As an artist myself, I completely get Ryan's anger at his private studio being entered without permission. That's a no no. Poor Dm though, she's juts so enamoured with him, how could you stay angry with her? Dragging her out forcefully was a no no as well. The woman carried you home, held your hand and put you to bed remember? Ryan realised he was found out about the Lee Sol paintings and also the empty canvas is both a symbol of his disappointment in himself as an artist combined with the grief of abandonment. The artist's block of depression is something I've been struggling with for a long time, and I get his pain. Don't push around the people who care for you though, silly lion. My heart broke in two for DM at that moment. PMY really nailed the look of heartbreak there.:thumbsup:

She certainly was able to nail it, and it never ceases to amaze me how actors and actresses can shed a tear when they need to. Although behind the scenes, it probably takes them time to get into the mood to express what they need to. Somehow though, since she just finished WWWSK, it kinda feels like bits of her are being carried over from there to this show. After all, she is still decked in her professional attire, though with more variation, unlike before where she was mainly in blouses and skirts. :P

• Like 9

Am so slow at using this site , getting use to the set up is difficult ... i cant really put to words what this episode did to me ... but the writer/narrator in me has woken up and i cant concentrate on my assignment unless i write what's been on my mine ... i need to clear my mind of this drama sop i can study...

am i allowed to review and write about the drama here ?? ( i ask because i tend to write 50 page essays that are confusing and can go on forever with some gifs here an there ) ... my last fandom let me post whatever i wrote?? 

• Like 4

@greezlybee..thank you again for the insights chinggu :D. I am not a fangirl. So I really dont know how fangirl should react in this kind of situation. Even so, as I mentioned before, earlier I was too  a bit bothered by the fact that choosing between SA and RG would be a trivial reason for any relationship to be rocked by. Especially, to top all that, RG already knew how obsessed DM was about SA and yet he still adored and run after her.  So, yes, I agree with most you. Sian might not be the main issue here but the fact that "fangirling" is still the main theme of this drama, I could not shake the feeling that Sian might be part or probably the catalyst to the main issue. What is the issue? I've yet to know. I wish someone from this forum can enlighten us with the content of the manhwa. At least, for me, I need to know, to feel less nervous..

After watching yesterday's episode with subs, I too echo some of you about the reasons RG was panicking and running to find her everywhere  and then the kiss. The incidents that lead to that point were not too big enough to induce such reaction. But then again, we did watch RG gradually falling in love with DM  beforehand and he did see her tearing up when he practically barked at her prior to the kiss. And we also know that he is actually a big softie despite his lion persona. So, that might be the inducer. Still, I hope we get to see deeper reasoning in next episode or at least some explanation to what really motivated him to react the way he did.  

I also echo most of you about the chemistry between KJW and PMY. It is seriously no joke. i started to post/ follow any threads/ watch live stream again after being in hiatus for many months because of the chemistry of the OTP in Episode 1 (the Chinese Auction House). I never really notice KJW before but now regretted that so much and trying to binge watched some of his dramas starting with Temperature With Love...he is seriously a gem...:wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Hi @NaYouSabi?, I believe you can review and write about the drama here. :) I highly suggest you put some of it under a spoiler cut if it gets too long, so that it's convenient for other members. You can do that by highlighting/selecting the paragraphs you want to put under the spoiler cut and then clicking the eye icon in this reply creation/editing box.

I'm not sure if I just missed someone else posting this already, but the Kdramaholic Youtube channel is doing English subs for the making-of videos; looks like they post it about three days after TVN releases the video. I think they do a really good job, subbing all the captions as well. (I'm not affiliated with them, I just found them. :D) This is the latest one they have:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 8

I'm loving this drama and enjoyed the funny moments and more hints of the back story emerging in the new episodes. I have lots of random little theories going through my mind lol

PMY and KJW continue to have amazing chemistry and I can't wait to see more sweet moments! Really though, how can one actress be so shippable with practically all of her costars!? I just love PMY and how she makes all of her characters her own while connecting with all of her costars to make the chemistry so real and so believable.

And KJW, his chiseled jawline is something else :wub: he is so handsome!

• Like 9

19 hours ago, chdom said:

Took me 3-4 episodes to be sure about this drama... AND... I’m in.

As in

1) Watch raw version

2) Read recap

3) Check forum (2/3 are interchangeable) 

4) Watch subbed version later

kinda in 

PMY is truly one of my faves. Not really familiar with KJW that’s why it took me awhile. They sure are cute together. 

I was hoping to catch the raw version first so that my eyes 100% focus on their acting. No subtitle to distract me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, my0therside said:

I think there is one more.. withe her 7day queen partner..

Hi both... looked through the list, but not so sure - if i remember correctly, there was a 7days queen shipping, but not sure if it was on the drama thread or the shippers paradise... hahah....

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think there is another actress who already has 6 shippers thread... 

... and who is the lucky lady? haha

Ok ... I have a question... why is everyone, except PMY's DM's character at least, are wearing baggy clothes! Ryan clothes seemed to be overly big, unless he wears his shirt, then i saw SJ is wearing clothes that are also overly big..... :)

• Like 6