Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

@Sushimi I hope they can make season 2 too. I'm also curious how they are gonna catch JW? Cop lady and JW girlfriend testimony won't be enough because I'm pretty much sure "I heard a sound or I saw my boyfriend talking to himself" won't work out in court. But what I'm really curious about is, how on earth didn't the detectives get a fingerprint check for the weapon? I mean, it's pretty obvious it has JW fingerprints all over.

I feel sorry for his mom and his family the most. But I'm surprised news didn't reach them yet. As for his girlfriend, I'm pretty sure she will listen to someone next time they tell her something is wrong. Unfortunately, she learned this the hard way:(. How different things would have been if someone just listened to him and stayed by his side? But then again, we won't have a drama then Imao. 

Those guys in Weibo are hilarious lol:joy::mrgreen:. Can I get the link lol:joy:?

@Kai Wen Chia So girlfriend gets killed in the webtoon? Interesting... Why would they change it here then? From what I have seen, I thought she wasn't gonna survive in the drama due to MJ obsession of JW. Well, guess we will never know unless they do a second season.

Indeed, JW is unpredictable which makes him scarier than MJ. They will have their hands full with him if they try to caught him. But I have a feeling he gets away with it this time. 

• LOL 2

19 minutes ago, lu09 said:

JW fingerprints all over.

So true..To me when the cop say that murderer's hatred is big to do it...It's already a motive already..So the cop should really find out who kill them..And suspect JW..Cause he came out like alive..

20 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Those guys in Weibo are hilarious lol:joy::mrgreen:. Can I get the link lol:joy:?

I don't know how to send a link so have to search up on weibo app personally bah lu09 :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

just wondering but bquestions i have is that they didn't specify this but what happens to the rapper and his army buddy. Its like how does the thug survive all the way to the end but they don't show what happened to the other two(Obviously they could've been killed but no bodies were shown or described) .

And also why did the female police officer start to see Mun Jo hallucination also now? Other than briefly seeing him at the dentist and realizing that he was the murderer, those 2 barely interacted enough for her to see hallucinations of him now? Like even when she went in during the final episode, those 2 never met face to face , A more likely person to see hallucinations would've been Ji-Eun cuz she actually experienced the horror.

And what's with the police department in this drama? A detective goes missing and you only characterize that as a vacation? Even if you go on vacation you at least answer the phone LOL,

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Neunji said:

i have is that they didn't specify this but what happens to the rapper and his army buddy.

Well..As JW gets dragged to level 4. We did see the army buddy & the rapper kid...Safe to say...They have died...Army buddy and Rapper should be axed to death.

3 minutes ago, Neunji said:

And also why did the female police officer start to see Mun Jo hallucination also now?

From what i think..she is seeing MJ cause , JW has the same vibe as him. So she hallucinate that MJ is there.

4 minutes ago, Neunji said:

And what's with the police department in this drama? A detective goes missing and you only characterize that as a vacation? Even if you go on vacation you at least answer the phone LOL,

This one is drama logic...It's just doesn't sense:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Ok.. Phew... what a drama.

Not on the level of The Guest but this drama and the characters do get into your mind.

Ep. 10  "Gas-lighting".

Ep. 9  "Cognitive Dissonance".

Ep. 8 "Voices that Choke Me".

Ep. 7 "The Horror of the Basement".

Ep. 6  "Lost".

Ep. 5 "The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge".

Ep. 4 "Mental Derangement".

Ep. 3  "A Secret Whisper".

Ep. 2 "First Day at Work".

Ep. 1"Eden Studio".

It looks like Eden Studio chooses you as a tenant based on whether you are 'meat' or 'partner' . *morbid humour*

And I learnt that to be a killer, it's better to work alone. Look at how MJ instigated JW to go and kill the rest of the tenants.

So, we have to wonder if JW had these psychopathic tendencies which was beautifully nurtured by MJ (and in the end his creation turned on him) or he never had these tendencies but developed them after moving in.

Seeing the flashbacks of JW in the army, he did display erratic violent behaviour even then so I suppose MJ could see that JW shared the same tendencies as himself.

I think it is best to end it here at this point. Season 2 would be pointless unless it shows JW 'training' a new set of killers.

I was surprised the one who made it out alive was the thug, But he can be the witness to at least his own abduction and torture.

But It is scary to think that when people who share the same 'habits' and 'destructive behaviours' gather together, really bad things happen.

PS. I realised something too. MJ and JW are in line with someone the likes of Ted Bundy. Someone who would never have been suspected of being a serial killer.  Just because they don't look like one. But this drama shows us otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just watched Episode 10 and I also don't understand why it's R-19. 

Anyway, good series. I now find 10-episode series more appealing than the long ones, but maybe it depends on the story. For this, I think it's good it's just 10 episodes. They could have even edited out some unnecessary scenes and cut it down to 8 or maybe even 6 episodes to make it tighter. 

Overall, good series from OCN. 

• Like 2

@Neunji

Incompetent law enforcement officers are quite common in K-Drama Land LoL! But it's also reflective of how it is in South Korea. The recent scandals in K-Pop with YG in particular. They are still able to travel, hit the gym & live their lives, whereas a Korean pro-golfer gets banned for 3 years just for showing his middle finger to a fan ffs:crazy::P Their laws on sexual crimes are very lenient as well. It's sad really~ And they keep stressing that South Korea's the safest country in the world<_<

I especially hate the lackadaisical attitude of the other police officers when the policewoman tried to get them to act on the goshiwon leads. It was as if they dismissed her due to her gender & 'cause they felt it was too much paperwork:rolleyes:

@Dramanoona

I always come across testimony of witnesses who say they never suspected the perpetrator to be capable of crime as they either appeared like a normal person or was handsome (as in Bundy's case) or they were nice etc.. So it is as you've said, the criminal is someone you least expect.

Yea I agree the goshiwon was like a breeding ground to fester all these violent, psychopathic outbursts. Their shoe box quarters don't exactly help matters either. It was just a goshiwon of horrors. 

Concur that another season is pointless but honestly I don't think I can stomach anymore LoL!

• Like 3

As for the R19+. Nothing can compare to American Horror Story *shivers*

But I do think the rating is advisable with the amount of violence shown (even though the aftermath was blurred)

Slice at the throat, removal of the molar teeth (without any anesthetic) , pickax to head, multiple slashes with a cleaver and more neck slicing (I really hate neck slicing  as I reflexively grab my throat when that scene happened)

And did you see JW as he typed 'DIE DIE DIE' over and over? That deserved an R19+ creep factor just for that smile.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

And did you see JW as he typed 'DIE DIE DIE' over and over?

To me, it definitely feels like a process and this process is going in circle...so when JW finds the notebook first it has the die die wordings..my thought is that the previous owner’s experiment was a success, but some mishap happened and he is killed off. So suggestively when you see them start to type these kind of words means that the experiment is successful. They are a changed person.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neunji said:

And also why did the female police officer start to see Mun Jo hallucination also now? Other than briefly seeing him at the dentist and realizing that he was the murderer, those 2 barely interacted enough for her to see hallucinations of him now? Like even when she went in during the final episode, those 2 never met face to face , A more likely person to see hallucinations would've been Ji-Eun cuz she actually experienced the horror.

I think the writer has a purpose to make us confuse with that scene. I am pretty sure that JW killing MJ scene is really happening. The policemen said what JW did is purely a self defense. So, I guess JW really killed MJ. Then JW sees MJ from ambulance is purely his hallucination. But then on the next scene, the writer shows us that female officer also saw MJ in the elevator. Maybe the write is just playing around with the viewers. To make us keep thinking again and again and again.

• Like 2

Or simply put.

There are Mun Jo's everywhere who wear a disguise of normality.

The only way you know they are different is when they get that obsessed look in their eyes and smile.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

On 10/4/2019 at 6:51 AM, Sushimi said:

Yes! The ship on Weibo is so huge :joy: love it!

There are a ton of Korean shippers on Twitter too. Just search “문조종우” (moonjojongwoo couple name) on Twitter. You will find a lot of great fanart for example. See images below. 

Spoiler

82-DA0055-2836-4-AC8-B874-397618-E41-D45

88-F022-DB-466-D-4-C0-F-8-CD3-BF54-D34-D
8-F31567-F-A704-416-E-9828-719-CCF41-E6-

167-F2-B71-19-BA-4-EE9-AA79-1265389201-F

• Like 2

After re-watching the ending scene, I come to understand it now. When JW left the Jung Hwa said he needed to finish his novel, then she realized she had his book so she went after him. It is JW in MJ's form in the elevator- that's the writer way of telling JW is like MJ now. Jung Hwa has a good feeling about something's off, that's why she saw MJ instead of JW. When she realized JW killed everyone. The teeth bracelet is disgusting. 

I don't know about y'all but many drama have shown of how incompetent Korean polices/detectives are and I believe it - Burning Sun, YG cases, the actress suicide cases. The detectives in this drama ignore Jung Hwa because they think there is too much work on finding the DNA of the syringe, finding the detective if he is really on vacation.  The cat serial killer is not a red flag? Or missing people from Eden? The thug last phone call? JW's constantly not wanting to go to Eden? Several people around Eden owner died and she got several insurance? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blackend said:

I don't know about y'all but many drama have shown of how incompetent Korean polices/detectives are and I believe it - Burning Sun, YG cases, the actress suicide cases. The detectives in this drama ignore Jung Hwa because they think there is too much work on finding the DNA of the syringe, finding the detective if he is really on vacation.  The cat serial killer is not a red flag? Or missing people from Eden? The thug last phone call? JW's constantly not wanting to go to Eden? Several people around Eden owner died and she got several insurance? 

Not only just that, it’s almost everyone around JW is incompetent. Really they play a big part of him changing. If they just listen to him...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Ok.. Phew... what a drama.

Not on the level of The Guest but this drama and the characters do get into your mind.

Ep. 10  "Gas-lighting".

Ep. 9  "Cognitive Dissonance".

Ep. 8 "Voices that Choke Me".

Ep. 7 "The Horror of the Basement".

Ep. 6  "Lost".

Ep. 5 "The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge".

Ep. 4 "Mental Derangement".

Ep. 3  "A Secret Whisper".

Ep. 2 "First Day at Work".

Ep. 1"Eden Studio".

It looks like Eden Studio chooses you as a tenant based on whether you are 'meat' or 'partner' . *morbid humour*

And I learnt that to be a killer, it's better to work alone. Look at how MJ instigated JW to go and kill the rest of the tenants.

So, we have to wonder if JW had these psychopathic tendencies which was beautifully nurtured by MJ (and in the end his creation turned on him) or he never had these tendencies but developed them after moving in.

Seeing the flashbacks of JW in the army, he did display erratic violent behaviour even then so I suppose MJ could see that JW shared the same tendencies as himself.

I think it is best to end it here at this point. Season 2 would be pointless unless it shows JW 'training' a new set of killers.

I was surprised the one who made it out alive was the thug, But he can be the witness to at least his own abduction and torture.

But It is scary to think that when people who share the same 'habits' and 'destructive behaviours' gather together, really bad things happen.

PS. I realised something too. MJ and JW are in line with someone the likes of Ted Bundy. Someone who would never have been suspected of being a serial killer.  Just because they don't look like one. But this drama shows us otherwise.

Holy crap I forgot about that!! JW indeed had crazy snapping moments like in the many flashbacks of his army days! It would be a funny sight to see JW collabing with some other creepy psycho lady and doing the same thing again with a new JW. 

I agree with the comparison to Ted Bundy and I think that’s the point of the drama in retrospect. You can never tell by looks or even personality that someone can become crazy and a serial killer.

that being said, I still hate the office guy, his gf and boss/college senior along with so many other NPCs because they did irk JW and me. It’s unfair to label JW as a psychopath while these fools were consistently being obnoxious...

@Sushimi

Would you mind sharing more crew pictures? I love seeing these sorts of stuff after a series lol

• LOL 2

22 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

that being said, I still hate the office guy and his gf and boss/college senior along with so many other NPCs because they did irk JW and me. It’s unfair to label JW as a psychopath while these fools were consistently being obnoxious.

At the end of the day they just walk away..honestly..hm...JW should totally visit that co-worker & give him :skull::ph34r:

I not sure if I have any left :sweatingbullets: will try to find..

.this is the creator of this webtoon. It’s his insta account :) 

‘okay so these are some photos @perfectmouse here!

09-FBAF9-F-FD09-41-A0-BAD4-C0-E99-AEF808
1354-C08-F-927-A-47-D6-B3-F0-CE5-FAFCBF3

Spoiler

45-E0-D933-3175-4-D55-9-E53-7-E3709-A3-D
A6-DFFA9-D-49-BD-4-D89-A0-C5-4-E8-E6-EAD
B35042-F4-6-ACF-406-A-96-C1-E62629-E5-E1
BF41-DFB6-23-A5-4-AEF-BD27-DC515-F7746-F
C91-CAC35-B592-4604-913-C-DFB50889060-D.
E978857-A-0075-487-C-A7-C3-D09-D67-EB0-D
FA5-E057-E-FC12-45-E2-A961-CDDDD7-DA8343

• Thanks 5

I really like this drama. It was really good. I think they should do a season two. Maybe him being unhinge and running a muck. Someone has to stop him. I dont think MJ is dead. It would be cool if MJ showed up if they had a season 2. That he killed him in his mind but not in real life. I believe it's kind of weird for JW and the police woman to hallucinate MJ in different clothes. Plus when JW hallucinated MJ he was dry as a bone. They just had a death match and both were wet. Police woman only saw MJ wear white maybe twice. I think he is still alive watching his "masterpiece" from a distance.

Omg I think I found a clue that MJ is stay alive. That tooth bracelet. He didn't have that bracelet while he was in the hospital( I believe the police would keep that for evidence). Then police woman hallucinated  him being on the elevator then she shows up in his room and hands JW the book and he is wearing the bracelet. How did he get it? It would be hard for him to put it on especially  on his injured wrist? Also when she walked up to the room the guard on duty was sleeping( he shouldn't be sleeping aleast this time of day).

• Like 3