OCN DRAMA 2019

STRANGERS FROM HELL

201907181133315018_1.jpg

Drama: Strangers from Hell/ Hell Is Other People

Hangul:타인은 지옥이다

Genre: mystery, thriller, horror

Network: OCN

Episodes: 10

Director: Lee Chang Hee (The Vanished , The Hideout)

Writer: Kim Yong-ki (webton& drama)

Release Date: August 31st - October 6th, 2019

Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 22:20

Production Company: Studio Pictures Idol, Studio N [1]

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“Strangers from Hell” is based on a popular thriller webtoon about strange incidents that a guy encounters after he moves to Seoul from the countryside.

The story is a thriller-horror about a young man’s strange encounters while living in an old gositel in Seoul. He left his home in the countryside to come to the city, but everything and everyone in the gositel is odd and suspicious.

Notes

The title, Hell Is Other People, is also a famous line from Jean-Paul Sartre’s play, No Exit. Possibly an inspiration for the webtoon as well, the play is a philosophical examination on self and society through the set-up of three characters trapped together in hell. (Dramabeans)

Cast

Im Si-Wan as Yoon Jong-woo

Lee Dong Wook as Seo Moon-Zo

Lee Jung Eun as Eom Bok-Soon

Lee Hyun Wook as Yoo Ki-Hyeok

Kim Ji Eun as Min Ji Eun

Park Jong-Hwan as Byeon Deuk-Jong

Lee Joong Ok as Hong Nam-Bok 

Ahn Eun Jin as So Jung-Hwa

Song Wook-kyung as Cha Sung-Ryeol

Kim Han Jong as Park Byeong-Min

Hyun Bong Sik as An Hee-Joong

Cha Rae-Hyoung as

Character descriptions

Yoon Jong Woo (Im Si Wan) a young man who moves to Seoul from the countryside for his new job.

The character from Room 203 (Lee Dong Wook) is  a man who is good at psychological warfare by approaching strangers in a friendly way and digging up their information, but ultimately hides his inner thoughts.

Character chart

2019082914301140304-540x1163.jpg

Posters

Strangers_From_Hell-gp1.jpg

Strangers_From_Hell-gp2.jpeg

Character posters

Hell-is-Other-People-6.jpg

Spoiler

Hell-is-Other-People-3.jpg

Hell-is-Other-People-5.jpg

Hell-is-Other-People-1.jpg

Hell-is-Other-People-4.jpg

Hell-is-Other-People-2.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im Siwan In Talks To Star In OCN Drama Following Military Discharge

by D. Kim
83a6d24fdb644f4b951b9a966e36e11a.jpeg?s=

Im Siwan is working on selecting his comeback project!

On January 24, it was reported that he will star in OCN drama “Strangers from Hell” (working title).

In response to the reports, his agency Plum Actors commented, “He received the offer and is positively reviewing it.”

“Strangers from Hell” is based on a popular thriller webtoon about strange incidents that a guy encounters after he moves to Seoul from the countryside.

Previously, Im Siwan’s agency denied reports of him starring in a crime investigation film after his discharge.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1297781wpp/im-siwan-talks-star-ocn-drama-following-military-discharge

Im Shi-wan considering post-army comeback in OCN’s Hell Is Other People

by tccolb

imshiwan2.jpg

For his first post-army project, actor Im Shi-wan (The King Loves, Misaeng) is considering a new drama with OCN called Hell Is Other People.

The drama is an adaptation of a webtoon, also called Hell Is Other People, which is written and illustrated by Kim Yong-ki. It’s a well-known series in Korea, boasting over 800 million views, and ranked number one in webtoons for 39 weeks.

The story is a thriller-horror about a young man’s strange encounters while living in an old gositel in Seoul. He left his home in the countryside to come to the city, but everything and everyone in the gositel is odd and suspicious.

The title, Hell Is Other People, is also a famous line from Jean-Paul Sartre’s play, No Exit. Possibly an inspiration for the webtoon as well, the play is a philosophical examination on self and society through the set-up of three characters trapped together in hell.

I hope Im Shi-wan accepts as it sounds like a really interesting project to work on. I’m not familiar with any of the source material, but I skimmed through a couple chapters of the webtoon today and my curiosity is piqued. My only worry is that I scare easily, so perhaps no nighttime watching for this one.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/im-shi-wan-considering-post-army-comeback-in-ocns-hell-is-other-people/

Im Siwan Confirms First Drama After Military Discharge

58c8201163ed441d8cdad89033fd8442.jpeg?s=

On January 28, OCN revealed, “Dramatic Cinema has confirmed the production of ‘Strangers from Hell’ (working title). Im Siwan is confirmed to star in the drama.”

“Strangers from Hell” is a thriller drama based on a popular webtoon of the same name. The drama will tell the story of strange people living in the same dormitory and mysterious incidents that a guy encounters after moving in. Im Siwan will take on the role of Yoon Jong Woo, a young man who moves to Seoul from the countryside for his new job.

Im Siwan is currently serving in the military, and he is set to be discharged from the military on March 27.

OCN commented, “As the original webtoon is popular on its own, much attention was gathered for casting of the drama. We are honored and thrilled to be working together with Im Siwan who perfectly matches the description of his character.”

They continued, “We decided to make webtoon ‘Strangers from Hell’ into a drama because it not only contains shocking and in-depth stories, but also reflects on realistic worries of people in society these days. Therefore, we decided that the webtoon fits the tone of OCN. Please look forward to the synergy between ‘Strangers From Hell’ and OCN.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1299289wpp/im-siwan-confirms-first-drama-military-discharge

2019012813108037730_1.jpg

In particular, the provisional WBC confirmed the appearance of "Others are hell" as the first comeback after the military service at the end of March, adding to the expectation. Im Siwan appears as a young man Yoon Jong-woo, who came to Seoul because of his employment in the drama and started living in the city.

Production studio N said, "It is scheduled to be broadcasted in the second half of the year as it is planned as an OCN dramatic cinema piece."

http://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2019012813108037730&code=&MGTEN

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005114669

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell 타인은 지옥이다 - Im Shi Wan
January 28 2019

Im Si-Wan cast in OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell”

Strangers_From_Hell-a00.jpg

Im Si-Wan (ZE:A) is cast in new OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell” (literal title). Im Si-Wan will play main character role of Yoon Jong-Woo in the drama series. Im Si-Wan is currently serving in the South Korean military, but he is scheduled to be discharged on March 27, 2019. Drama series “Strangers From Hell” is based on webcomic “Taineun Jiokida” by Kim Yong-Ki.

“Strangers From Hell” will first air sometime during the second half of this year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/im-si-wan-cast-in-ocn-drama-series-strangers-from-hell

January 29, 2019

Im Si-wan cast in upcoming drama

By Yeo Ye-rim INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Singer-turned-actor Im Si-wan is making his long-awaited return to the small screen with the upcoming OCN series “Strangers from Hell” (translated).

The TV network announced Monday that Im, who will be discharged from the military on March 27, has been cast in the new series, which is based on an thriller web comic series that goes by the same title.

The series tells the story of Jong-u (Im) who meets strange people and faces suspicious incidents after he moves into a small dormitory to concentrate on his studies. The drama will be directed by film director Lee Chang-hee, who was behind the thriller film “The Vanished” (2018).

The series will be part of OCN’s dramatic cinema project, which combines the different formats of a drama and a film.

Im, who made his debut as a member of boy band ZE:A in 2010, gained fame as an actor through his roles in MBC’s “Triangle” (2014) and tvN’s “Misaeng” (2014).

January 28, 2019

Im Si-wan Confirms Starring Role in OCN's "Strangers From Hell"

By Vasia Orion HanCinema.net

photo1032661.jpg

I love swift confirmations, and Im Si-wan brings us one before his imminent discharge from military service. The actor has accepted the offer for the leading role in OCN's "Strangers From Hell", the drama adaptation of a popular webtoon, and the second entry to OCN's 'Dramatic Cinema' project after "Trap - Drama".

"Strangers From Hell" is a thriller about suspicious people living at a strange gosiwon, which is a living complex including small, unit-type rooms and communal spaces. The webtoon has reportedly been praised for its tension and immersion, as well as its great external and internal character conflicts.

Im Si-wan's role for the drama is that of Yoon Jong-woo, a young man who comes to Seoul looking for a job, and ends up living in this weird place. Lee Chang-hee ("The Vanished") has signed on as the PD, and the series is planning a premiere in the second half of this year. It's all looking pretty great, so I will keep following this project.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks  @larus for another thread . He's been in good dramas METS, Equator Man, Misaeng, Triangle. I hope this a good one. Not into horror genre but I'll also check for the actor.

OT: But I think I'm excited for webtoon adaptation of tvN "Sweet Home" from Goblin Mr. Sunshine PD. Now that's drama psycho angst. If confirmed... I'll request thread if ever.

16 hours ago, jongski said:

I hope this a good one. Not into horror genre but I'll also check for the actor.

I did not see the actor in anything but I heard about him. I find the plot interesting. I like the thriller and mystery genre, not horror.  It is not about ghost/ zombie and other supernatural beings who wants to hurt humans so I will watch. I can take weird people or even people who live in Hell. :D

• 1 month later...

Im Siwan Discharged From Army, Thanks Fans And Asks Them To Look Forward To His Upcoming Drama

by R. Jun
26ff73efafa345139f4c80b193e33250.jpeg?s=

Im Siwan is officially back from the military!

On the morning of March 27, Im Siwan was discharged from the new recruit training battalion in Yangju where he served as an assistant instructor.

The singer-actor met with fans and press at a location near but removed from the base so as not to disturb any ongoing training. He said, “I can’t believe I’m out. When I go home today to sleep in my bed and I don’t wake up to the sound of a horn tomorrow, I’ll finally feel like I’m done.”[...]

Talking a little about his comeback project, which is an OCN drama adaptation of a webtoon called “Strangers From Hell” that he had confirmed for earlier this year, Im Siwan said, “My soldier friends told me that I fit the part well and recommended it to me first. It was amazing when I was offered the part. Please look forward to it.”

The drama is a thriller about a group of people who live together. When Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan) moves in, he notices strange things happening. “Strangers From Hell” is slated to air sometime in the second half of this year.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1313170wpp/im-siwan-discharged-from-army-thanks-fans-and-asks-them-to-look-forward-to-his-upcoming-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다 - Im Shi Wan

March 28, 2019

Im Si-wan finishes military service

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

27195338.jpg

Singer-turned-actor Im Si-wan was discharged from his 21-month mandatory military duties on Wednesday morning, and he is eager to return to the small screen.

The 30-year-old actor greeted his fans and the press in front of the Army’s 25th division training center in Yangju, Gyeonggi. According to Yonhap News, around 100 fans from around the world were on hand waiting for him.

“I still cannot believe [that I’m discharged],” Im said. “I will only believe it after I wake up late tomorrow without having to hear an alarm.”

He added, “My friends, fellow soldiers and my officer were all a great support during my enlistment. I’m also thankful to my fans who waited for me. I’ve also met a lot with my senior colleague, Seol Kyung-gu, while I was out for break, and I received a lot of good comments and help.”

When asked about his most memorable experience while in the military, Im said that it was when he made bungeo-ppang (fish-shaped bread stuffed with red bean) and shared it with his fellow soldiers. 

Im, who debuted as a member of the boy band ZE:A in 2010, became famous for his acting roles in such hit TV shows as MBC’s “Triangle” (2014) and tvN’s “Misaeng” (2014). 

Im is set to return to the small screen in OCN’s upcoming thriller “Strangers from Hell” (translated) which is an adaptation of a web comic series that goes by the same title. 

The series tells the story of Jong-u (Im), who meets strange people and faces mysterious circumstances after he moves into a small dormitory to concentrate on his studies.

By Yeo Ye-rim

Im Shi-wan heads back to work following discharge from army

by stroopwafel

ISW1.jpg

Im Shi-wan (The King Loves) is officially out of the army and back in the civilian world as of today (March 27). He seems to be adjusting to civilian life very quickly as he’s already made his own Instagram.

Im Shi-wan’s jumping headfirst into work as he has already confirmed his comeback project will be the OCN psychological thriller, Hell Is Other People. He will be playing the protagonist, a small-town guy who relocates to Seoul to find work. He moves into a gositel but finds his fellow occupants unsettling.

The drama follows Trap as the second installation in OCN’s new “Dramatic Cinema” project so we can expect a shorter than usual episode count. Hell Is Other People is being adapted from a webtoon that was a big hit in Korea. The webtoon was known for its skillful (and scary) telling of the conflicts that can arise between people.

Lee Jung-eun (The Light in Your Eyes) is being courted to join Im Shi-wan and the role she’s considering is that of the gositel’s resident caretaker and owner.

Rookie PD Lee Chang-hee is attached to direct, and there is no writer attached as yet. The drama is scheduled to air in the later half of this year on OCN.

ISW3-1.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/im-shi-wan-heads-back-to-work-following-discharge-from-army/

• 3 weeks later...

On the 19th April, King Kong by Starship said  "Lee Dong-wook is in the process of reviewing the offer to appear in drama Stangers From Hell.
59231_29585_1945.jpg

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=77868#09Pr

Lee Dong-wook is said to have been offered the resident character of Goshiwon No. 203, who is squeezing the breath of the main character, Shimwan (Yun Jongwoo). It is noteworthy whether Lee Dong Wook will appear in this work.

http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=59231

We have a translated article!!!

Lee Dong Wook Offered Role In Im Siwan’s Upcoming Comeback Drama

Apr 19, 2019
by Y. Shin
7359d12a65304e1c8756bd2725b616bc.jpeg?s=

Lee Dong Wook may be starring in a new drama!

On April 19, OCN stated, “Lee Dong Wook has received an offer to star in ‘Strangers from Hell’ (working title).”

An exclusive report made by Sports Chosun stated that the actor would appear in the drama as the character from Room 203, a man who is good at psychological warfare by approaching strangers in a friendly way and digging up their information, but ultimately hides his inner thoughts. However, as the drama is in its planning stages, it was reported that the character Lee Dong Wook might appear as in the drama has not yet been materialized.

“Strangers from Hell” is a thriller drama based on a popular webtoon of the same name. The drama will tell the story of strange people living in the same dormitory and mysterious incidents that a man encounters after moving in.

Im Siwan previously confirmed “Strangers from Hell” as his comeback project and is set to take on the role of Yoon Jong Woo, a young man who moves to Seoul from the countryside for his new job. He was discharged from the military on March 27.

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1318746wpp/lee-dong-wook-offered-role-in-im-siwans-upcoming-comeback-drama

lee dong wook has accepted? he will play a villain role. im siwan looks like a very nice kid, can't wait to see how his acting in this drama and how his innocent face turns to dark scary psycho face like the main character I read in webtoon.

talk about acting as a psycho, I'm very impressed by jake gyllenhaal's acting in nightcrawler, his face also transformed, he looks scary in that movie, very different from the normal jake.

hope the drama is not too dark, hope the see more of the room 203 man intimidating rather than murdered someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Kim Ji Eun To Star Opposite Im Siwan In Upcoming Thriller Drama

15d48d0dd41947f09b5ff0991a158248.jpeg?s=

Rookie actress Kim Ji Eun will be taking on her first-ever lead role through OCN’s upcoming drama “Strangers From Hell” (literal title)!

On May 10, a source from HB Entertainment revealed that Kim Ji Eun has been cast as the female lead for OCN’s upcoming drama “Strangers From Hell.”

“Strangers From Hell” is a thriller drama based on a popular webtoon of the same name. It will tell the story of strange people living in the same dormitory and mysterious incidents that a guy encounters after moving in.

The drama is also known as Im Siwan’s comeback drama following his military discharge. The actor will take on the role of Yoon Jong Woo, a young man who moves to Seoul from the countryside for his new job. Lee Dong Wook is also reported to have received an offer for the drama. Kim Ji Eun will play the role of Min Ji Eun, the girlfriend of Im Siwan’s character.

Kim Ji Eun has been steadily building up her filmography by appearing in dramas including MBC’s “Children of Nobody” (also known as “Red Moon, Blue Sun”), KBS’s “Lovely Horribly,” and the 2018 film “The Drug King.” The actress will also appear in the upcoming film “Long Live The King” alongside Kim Rae Won and Won Jin Ah, which is set to premiere in June.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1323451wpp/kim-ji-eun-to-star-opposite-im-siwan-in-upcoming-thriller-drama

On 4/27/2019 at 9:29 AM, rainy12 said:

lee dong wook has accepted? he will play a villain role. im siwan looks like a very nice kid, can't wait to see how his acting in this drama and how his innocent face turns to dark scary psycho face like the main character I read in webtoon.

If you read a webtoon, please tell me the story in brief. Will they show ghosts who did die of their own death and who need to be destroyed or saved by the hero? Or is it a story about ordinary people who are too cruel and strange?
I'm just trying to figure out if I should start watching a drama? Because in the usual ghost dramas, at least one episode is dedicated to child abuse. And I am very afraid of such episodes, so I don’t even start watching dramas about ghosts ...
Therefore, I want to clarify with webtoon readers - there will be stories in which children will suffer from parental violence ???:blink:

Lee Dong Wook Confirmed To Join Im Siwan In Upcoming Thriller Drama

2f7de7946813468fa4a582f6570f9ff8.jpeg?s=

Lee Dong Wook and Im Siwan will be uniting forces for OCN’s upcoming drama “Strangers From Hell” (literal title).

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Strangers From Hell” is a thriller drama about the mysterious incidents that a guy encounters after moving into a dormitory due to the residents that live in the same building.

Im Siwan previously confirmed the drama as his comeback project following his military discharge. He is set to take on the role of Yoon Jong Woo, a young man who moves to Seoul from the countryside for his new job. Lee Dong Wook will take on the role of Seo Moon Jo, a dentist who owns a clinic near the dormitory. He helps Yoon Jong Woo adjust to life in Seoul.

The production team of “Strangers From Hell” said, “With his appearance that is the epitome of ‘handsome’ and the ability to express a wide range of emotions through acting, Lee Dong Wook was deemed the perfect fit for the role of the dentist Seo Moon Jo. We have high hopes for Lee Dong Wook who will show off a new side of himself by participating in a genre that is different from his previous works.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324075wpp/lee-dong-wook-confirmed-to-join-im-siwan-in-upcoming-thriller-drama

Archived