[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

larus

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, is anyone watching this show? Because it is super creepy and deserves to be watched. It is showing on One Demand Korea for anyone wondering where to watch it. And we are recapping it at Drama Milk, though we are around 2 days behind on the recaps for it. Episode 3 is up, but 4 won't be up until tomorrow. ☺️

Our recaps for anyone who wants to hear our version of the translation and our thoughts on the show! 

https://www.dramamilk.com/tag/strangers-from-hell/

On Demand Korea translations for episodes 3 and 4

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/strangers-from-hell-e03.html

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/strangers-from-hell-e04.html

Interesting drama , less scary than HAND. I can watch it alone. First time to watch LDW scary side. Flawless skin remind me of the twilight so cute. Hope the police women safe til the end. Poor IS had to live with the psychos. All the scene inside the tiny studio make me claustrophobic :ph34r:

Hell Is Other People: Episode 3

by Sunny

HOP03-00096-1.jpg

Our hero has finally been introduced to all of his neighbors, but has barely scratched the surface on their secrets. Unfortunately, that may not long be the case as activity at Eden Goshiwon continues to grow more sinister and draws the attention of a spunky officer.

EPISODE 3: “Secret Whispers”

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/hell-is-other-people-episode-3/

I'm curious. Does English sub translate the exact way SMJ talks? Because Seo MoonJo calls JongWoo "자기" which is like "honey" 

While others are eager to kill JW, MJ seems to be debating.

The only other person MJ calls "자기" was GiHyeok who MJ murdered calling him a failed project(failure).

GH looked at MJ sweetly and looked betrayed when MJ decided to murder him. Even MJ had tears in his eyes while murdering him.

I think MJ will turn JW into a murderer like himself.

I bet MJ manipulated GH to become a murderer as well.

Lee Dong Wook has placed 4th,  Im Si Wan has placed 8th in rating for

most buzzworthy actors/characters in ongoing dramas for the 1st week of September. 

And " Hell is other people " has placed 2nd.

006QhBHzly1g6zjlymljkj30cg0fd0yk.jpg

" Hell is other people " has placed 2nd

006QhBHzly1g6zjlvgvdvj30cf0f6464.jpg

“Strangers From Hell” Cast Creates Heavenly Atmosphere On Set With Camaraderie And Laughter

Sep 15, 2019
by J. Lim

ceed99d285004254a2103472198b8354.jpeg?s=

The strangers may be from hell but the set is definitely heaven.

OCN’s weekend drama “Strangers From Hell” will not be airing in its usual time slot on September 15 due to the Chuseok holidays but they’ve shared new behind-the-scenes stills to make up for it.

In the drama, Im Siwan plays Yoon Jong Woo, an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul to pursue his dreams but runs into trouble with his neighbors. Unlike his character, who is always on edge due to his fellow tenants, Im Siwan has a content expression on his face on set. Alongside him is Lee Dong Wook, who plays the talented dentist and cruel murderer Seo Moon Jo. Lee Dong Wook also has a warm smile on his face as he works with the cast and crew.

With them are Lee Jung Eun, Lee Hyun Wook, Park Jong Hwan, and Lee Joong Ok, who play the tenants of the dormitory. It is said that laughter constantly fills the set, so much that the cast and crew joke that, “The set is heaven,” to match the “Strangers from Hell” title of the drama. Cha Rae Hyung, Kim Han Jong, Oh Hye Won, and Park Ji Han show just how lively the set is with their bright expressions and laughter.

Strangers-From-Hell2.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1352477wpp/strangers-on-hell-cast-creates-heavenly-atmosphere-on-set-with-camaraderie-and-laughter

Hell Is Other People: Episode 4

by Sunny

HOP04-00028.jpg

Hell Is Other People continues its fever dream of death and depravity as our hero makes more tallies on his ever-growing list of disturbing encounters with his neighbors. The only comfort is he’s not alone in his suspicions surrounding the residents of Eden Goshiwon… but each step they take towards the truth is also a step towards danger.

EPISODE 4: “Delirium”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/hell-is-other-people-episode-4/

They better not harm Ji Eun! 

The boss is a real jerk. He literally call her to meet up and straight up told her he is coming to her but thank god she declined right away! 

her supervisor is a real b*.. She bullied her everyday because she is dating. Her face changes when she offer to introduce her to JW boss.

After reading a recap from Dramabeans. I dig around and manage to find the webtoon.. It's not translated to English but there's a language that i can understand. Spend overnite reading the webtoon and shivering under my blanket.. Damn it's creepy as hell. The drawings is creepy as hell but you know it's good when you can't stop reading. 

Anyway, in the webtoon the artist did not go into detail about all the characters which i think we might get to see in the drama.

So.. Looking forward to see how this drama pan on. The webtoon ending is bittersweet after all.. This shows that there's a psycho lurking in everyone mind.

I'm still watching this and am having some difficulty connecting to the main characters on the show. I mean, that's to be expected for the crazy characters because I'm  not crazy after all. The lady cop (and her family) is the only cute and likable person for me. Jong Woo is actually kind of aloof and cold and his stressed out gf isn't doing a good job of confiding in or comforting him. 

My ideal ending for Jong Woo to leap into the far side, kill everyone that is annoying, move up in life, and successfully pretend to be normal .

2 hours ago, crackaddict said:

My ideal ending for Jong Woo to leap into the far side, kill everyone that is annoying, move up in life, and successfully pretend to be normal

pretty sure that’s his ending from the comic haha (<—Words In white)

Hell Is Other People: Episode 5

by Sunny

HOP05-00030-1.jpg

The tension continues to build at Eden Goshiwon as our hero has unwittingly made himself a target for the rest of the residents. While some are driven by bloodlust, others’ motives remain unclear. Regardless, one way or another, Jong-woo’s days at Eden Goshiwon are numbered.

EPISODE 5: “The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/hell-is-other-people-episode-5/

Hell Is Other People: Episode 6

by Sunny

HOP06-00045-1.jpg

Tensions are on the rise and everyone seems to be at each other’s throat this hour. Our hero is taking stress from every direction and it’s only a matter of time before something has to give.

EPISODE 6: “Lost”

HOP06-00003-1.jpg

Jong-woo wakes up in the police station and is horrified to receive a text message from Ji-eun announcing she’s at Eden Goshiwon. Ji-eun is approached by Moon-jo and he comments that she’s as pretty as Jong-woo had described. Feeling uneasy, Ji-eun lies that Jong-woo mentioned he had nice neighbors. Moon-jo looks thoughtful and then guides her inside to wait for Jong-woo.

Jung-hwa and her partner drive Jong-woo home as he frantically tries to contact Ji-eun (whose phone has died). Meanwhile, Ji-eun makes her way up the darkened stairwell and comes away with gum stuck to her hand from the railing. Bok-soon calls out to her, guessing she’s Jong-woo’s girlfriend. Learning that Jong-woo has yet to return home, Ji-eun tries to leave but Bok-soon catches her dirty hand and drags her inside to wash it.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/hell-is-other-people-episode-6/

That preview, the poor new tenant become the next victim:weary:. The living twin is blaming JW for it. I guess it has something to do with what JW told him to do. But I wonder, does MJ know or did the living twin went off on his own again with the new tenant guy? 

Looks like JW hates people smiling at him now. Hopefully those teens come home in one piece lol:sweatingbullets:

JW girlfriend should just listen to him for once instead off believing that scumbag or writing her own version of the story. I understand she has her own problems but listening to him for once is not gonna kill her:expressionless:

Archived