[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

larus

July 12 2019

Two teaser trailers for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell”

Strangers_From_Hell-teaser3SM1.jpg

Two teaser trailers added for upcoming OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell” (literal title) starring Im Si-Wan and Lee Dong-Wook. The two teaser trailers features Im Si-Wan as Yoon Jong-Woo. He moves into a (creepy) apartment building in Seoul. Both of the teaser trailers has Im Si-Wan narrating “Here is hell. A horrific hell made by strangers.”

In addition, “Strangers From Hell” is scheduled to first air August 31, 2019 in South Korea (takes over OCN’s Saturday and Sunday 10:20 PM time slot after “Watcher“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/two-teaser-trailers-for-ocn-drama-series-strangers-from-hell

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meet the neighbors from Hell in OCN’s mystery thriller

by tipsymocha

hellisotherpeople-teaser71409.jpg

If this show isn’t an embodiment of social anxiety, I don’t know what is. OCN’s adaptation of the hit webtoon Hell Is Other People has recently dropped a short clip, and we can get a peek at who the title references, from the perspective of Im Shi-wan (The King Loves). Unfortunately, the teaser doesn’t feature Lee Dong-wook (Reach of Sincerity), but I’m sure we’ll see him in character soon.

The teaser begins with Im Shi-wan’s character, an aspiring writer who has just moved to the big city, opening the door to his gosiwon. The isolated noises are reminiscent of horror movies, with the squeaky hinges and tinkling of a wind chime. Im Shi-wan carefully walks down a cramped, dimly lit corridor and tells us that “this place was hell. One made by other people. A terrible hell.” I keep expecting someone to jump out and attack him, given the clip’s mood. But this isn’t that kind of drama, of course.

Instead, we get eerie and spine-chilling close ups of the “other people” Im Shi-wan mentions, like Lee Jung-eun (The Light In Your Eyes), Lee Joong-ok (Extreme Job), Park Jong-hwan (The Producers), and Lee Hyun-wook (I Only Want to Love). They’re all creepily smiling straight at the camera, in a dark room with a sliver of light that only reveals a portion of their faces. The camera goes back to Im Shi-wan, who looks around warily at the empty corridor, though we can hear whispers and giggling in the background.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/meet-the-neighbors-from-hell-in-ocns-mystery-thriller/

Im Si Wan Wades Through Darkness In Creepy Teaser Poster For “Hell Is Other People”

Jul 19, 2019
by S. Park

5470d0d0bf1443d1bdff384cd59f15e9.jpeg?s=

A teaser poster has been released for “Hell Is Other People.”

This upcoming OCN thriller is about aspiring writer and actor Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Si Wan) who lives in a strange dorm in Seoul and the strange, terrible events that occur inside of the building due to other residents. It’ll be the second series that’ll air in a combined format of a film and a drama, and many film staff members will join the project for the sharpened directing of a film and the dense story of a drama.

On July 18, the drama released a teaser poster of Im Si Wan standing alone in the dark hallway of a dorm. The dorm is so dark that it’s impossible to see the end of the hallway, and the dim lights coming out of each room add to the eerie atmosphere. Who lives in the room with the one open door? Who is behind each of these rooms? What is happening in this strange dorm?

The poster also has the words, “Where is your hell?” which match the spooky vibes of the poster. Although each room is separated, there are common spaces such as the kitchen, bathroom, and hallway. What kind of hell will these people present to Yoon Jong Woo in this place where it’s impossible not to run into others?

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339672wpp/im-si-wan-wades-through-darkness-in-creepy-teaser-poster-for-hell-is-other-people

Lee Dong Wook Transforms Into Mysterious Dentist In Upcoming Drama “Hell Is Other People”

Jul 26, 2019
by E. Cha

OCN’s upcoming drama “Hell Is Other People” has unveiled its first glimpse of Lee Dong Wookin character!

Based on the highly popular webtoon of the same name, “Hell Is Other People” is a new mystery thriller about Yoon Jong Woo, an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul (played by Im Siwan). After moving into the seemingly ordinary Eden Dormitory, Yoon Jong Woo unexpectedly finds himself caught in a hell created by other people.

Lee Dong Wook will star in the drama as Seo Moon Jo, a dentist who runs a clinic near Eden Dormitory. Not only is Seo Moon Jo exceedingly handsome, but he is also a charmingly eloquent man with an artistic soul. Notably, the character did not appear in the original webtoon, piquing viewers’ curiosity about his role in the drama adaptation.

On July 26, “Hell Is Other People” shared a sneak peek of Lee Dong Wook’s transformation into the dreamy dentist. The newly released stills show Seo Moon Jo hard at work, looking serious and focused as he goes about treating a patient. The fond, gentle smile he wears as he gazes at the young child also hints at his superb bedside manner.

Lee-Dong-Wook-2.jpegLee-Dong-Wook-3.jpegLee-Dong-Wook-4.jpeg

The producers of “Hell Is Other People” remarked, “We are delighted to be working together with Lee Dong Wook, who has made many impressive transformations in his various projects up until now, on his first OCN drama.”

They added, “We ask that you show a lot of interest and anticipation for actor Lee Dong Wook’s performance as the character Seo Moon Jo in ‘Hell Is Other People.'”

“Hell Is Other People” will premiere on August 31 at 10:30 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

Source (1)

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다 - Im Shi Wan & Lee Dong-wook - Sat & Sun @ 22:30 KST - Premieres on August 31st

Just looking at the posters makes me scared:skull:. It's so creepy but I'm still tuning in lol:scream::sweat_smile::mrgreen:...

LDW is looking hot in that white coat but he looks creepy in that black suit lol:sweatingbullets:. I'm curious about his character. Is he a serial killer or what???

6 character posters for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell”
Strangers_From_Hell-cp1BG111.jpg

Here’s 6 character posters for upcoming OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell” (literal title) starring Im Si-Wan and Lee Dong-Wook. The drama series is based on webcomic “Taineun Jiokida” by Kim Yong-Ki. The 6 character posters are of Im Si-Wan, Lee Dong-Wook, Lee Jung-Eun, Lee Hyun-Wook, Park Jong-Hwan and Lee Joong-Ok.

Caption on the Im Si-Wan poster states in Korean “Here is Hell. A horrific Hell made by strangers.”

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/6-character-posters-for-ocn-drama-series-strangers-from-hell

Im Shi-wan learns why Hell Is Other People

by tipsymocha

hellisother-poster728.jpg

Finally! I was beginning to suspect that Lee Dong-wook (Reach of Sincerity) wasn’t actually going to appear in OCN’s Hell Is Other People and that the show had been trolling us about his casting. It’s still only a few stills, but I’ll take it. The show has also released the title poster, a new teaser, and some new stills of Im Shi-wan (The King Loves) in quick succession, which I’m thankful for because the premiere is a whole month away, and I’m counting down the days on my calendar.

The poster, which asks, “Where is your hell?” follows the generally creepy, horror-film-like vibe that has been consistent throughout all of the promotional material for the show. The teaser also has that enhanced sound quality to horror films, beginning with Im Shi-wan’s footsteps as he enters the gosiwon for the first time with his luggage. The screen abruptly cuts to Lee Jung-eun (Parasite, The Light In Your Eyes), who plays the heavily-permed gosiwon owner, as she welcomes Im Shi-wan with the keys to his unit.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/im-shi-wan-learns-why-hell-is-other-people/

“Hell Is Other People” Releases Photos Of Im Siwan’s Dreadful Dorm + Art Director Explains His Vision

by S. Park
8c87371f43004004942477d5d9438a90.jpeg?s=

Viewers got a closer look at the creepy dorm of “Hell Is Other People.”

The upcoming OCN mystery thriller is about an aspiring novelist named Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan) who moves to Seoul for an internship and finds himself in an unexpected hell created by unusual residents in his dorm building.

In the stills, Yoon Jong Woo looks up at Eden Dormitory, which is located on the third floor of a decrepit building. This is the only place he could afford, and the low price seems to directly reflect the looks of his new humble abode.

After pushing past the worn-out doorplate that reads “Eden Dormitory,” a dark hallway awaits. Closed doors line both sides of the long, narrow hallway and automatically heighten fears of any noises one may hear.

The kitchen is a common space for all of the dormitory residents, and its age is visible through the yellowed wallpaper and antiquated appliances. Each resident’s room is so narrow that you can only lay down after putting your feet under the desk. Just seeing these photos gives viewers a hint of Jong Woo’s challenging life in Seoul and the difficulties of living in a strange place with strange people.

Eden Dormitory is a set that was specifically created after carefully choosing each and every prop. Art director Park Jae Hyun, who previously brought a dark future to life in “Illang: The Wolf Brigade,” led the creation of this set.

He explained, “My goal for this project was to create a dormitory that felt humid and bleak just by looking at it, with a dark, long, cave-like hallway and rooms with tiny windows replicating a prison. I wanted to express the stress of being in a strange place and the vague fear of unknown strangers as a space of Eden Dormitory. At the same time, I had to maintain the possibility of this kind of place existing in real life.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1342876wpp/hell-is-other-people-releases-photos-of-im-siwans-dreadful-dorm-art-director-explains-his-vision

August 2 2019

Teaser trailer #5 for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell”

Strangers_From_Hell-LDW-SI1.jpg

Teaser trailer #5 added for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell” (literal title) starring Im Si-Wan and Lee Dong-Wook. Teaser trailer #5 focuses on the character of Seo Moon-Zo played by Lee Dong-Wook. The drama series is based webcomic “Taineun Jiokida” by Kim Yong-Ki, but the character of Seo Moon-Zo is an original character in the drama series. Seo Moon-Zo works as a dentist and has a good reputation, but whether he is truly good or evil is quite ambiguous.

“Strangers From Hell” first airs August 31, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-5-for-ocn-drama-series-strangers-from-hell

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Gives Im Siwan Quite The Fright In “Hell Is Other People” Teaser

Aug 2, 2019
by J. Lim

2bcdc660f14347518d2a8d8fd14d174e.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Hell is Other People” has shared a new teaser of Lee Dong Wook as he meets Im Siwan for the first time.

“Hell Is Other People” will be a mystery thriller that follows an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul to pursue his dreams and experiences an unexpected hell because of the unusual residents of his dorm building.

The new teaser introduces dentist Seo Moon Jo, played by Lee Dong Wook. He is first shown seeing to a patient, his slightly wavy hair and glasses giving him an intellectual aura and reflecting the many good words people share about him being a kind and competent dentist. He picks up his phone and says, “I’ll go straight after work today.”

Home isn’t what one would expect from a dentist, as he enters the worn-down building of Eden Dormitory. He arrives at the communal kitchen and sees newcomer Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan) sitting at the table. When Yoon Jong Woo turns around, startled by the dentist’s appearance, Seo Moon Jo says, “You’re the new person, right?” and Yoon Jong Woo replies, “Yes, please look upon me favorably.” Seo Moon Jo has a slightly unsettling smile on his face as he replies, “No, that’s what I should be saying to you.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1342950wpp/watch-lee-dong-wook-gives-im-siwan-quite-the-fright-in-hell-is-other-people-teaser

August 5 2019

Group poster & illustrated poster for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell”

Strangers_From_Hell-gp1SM1.jpg

Group poster and illustrated poster added for OCN drama series “Strangers From Hell” (English title) starring Im Si-Wan and Lee Dong-Wook. The group poster features Im Si-Wan and the shady characters that reside around the cheap boarding hall where he moves to. Those shady characters are played by Lee Dong-Wook, Lee Jung-Eun, Lee Hyun-Wook, Park Jong-Hwan and Lee Joong-Ok.  The caption on the group poster states “Here is Hell. A horrific hell created by strangers.” An illustrated poster is also released which can be viewed above and below. The illustrated poster is drawn by Kim Yong-Ki, who is the author of the original webcomic “Taineun Jiokida” which “Strangers From Hell” is based on. The English title has also been confirmed to AsianWiki by tvN that it is “Strangers From Hell.”

“Strangers From Hell” first airs August 31, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/group-poster-illustrated-poster-for-ocn-drama-series-strangers-from-hell

Im Siwan Is Stuck In Hell With Creepy Dorm Mates In Latest Posters For “Strangers From Hell”

by R. Jun
68ed34d07ccc486094f958f13c6bb7ff.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Strangers From Hell” has released a new cast poster!

The drama is a mystery thriller about an aspiring novelist named Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan) who moves to Seoul to pursue his dreams, but is thrust into an unexpected hell due to the strange residents of his dorm.

The newly released poster features the same hallway pictured in earlier previews, with Im Siwan in the middle and the other residents, played by Lee Dong Wook, Lee Jung Eun, Lee Joong Wook, Lee Hyun Wook, and Park Jong Hwan, lurking in their doorways behind him.

Kim Yong Ki, the creator of the the original webtoon that the drama is based on, personally created an illustration of the same poster. A source from Naver Webtoon said, “Ahead of the premiere of ‘Strangers From Hell,’ we reached an agreement with writer Kim Yong Ki, and he prepared special content for the drama.” The illustrated poster teases the release of an unreleased webtoon episode on August 13.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1343552wpp/im-siwan-is-stuck-in-hell-with-creepy-dorm-mates-in-latest-posters-for-strangers-from-hell

Watch: Im Siwan Meets His Strange Dorm Mates In Chilling Teaser For “Strangers From Hell”

Aug 7, 2019
by Y. Shin
cc03d9b28d754d9aba346a75d615837d.jpeg?s=

OCN’s upcoming drama “Strangers From Hell” has released a new teaser!

The drama is a mystery thriller about an aspiring novelist named Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan) who moves to Seoul to pursue his dreams, but is thrust into an unexpected hell due to the strange residents of his dorm.

In the teaser, Yoon Jong Woo checks out Eden Dormitory, his dingy new home, for the first time. When Uhm Bok Soon (played by Lee Jung Eun), the owner of the dormitory, asks, “You’re not from Seoul, are you?” he replies, “I’m from [a town] outside of Seoul.”

As Yoon Jong Woo walks around Eden Dormitory, he is introduced to its strange residents. When Hong Nam Bok (played by Lee Joong Ok) eyes him for a second too long, Yoon Jong Woo frowns as he asks, “What are you staring at?” The clip then flashes to Hong Nam Bok, who stands alone in the hallway, holding a knife behind his back.

The teaser then cycles through clips of its residents slapping themselves in the face, digging a hole in the ground, and trying to remove an ankle bracelet. The video also introduces the character Seo Moon Jo (played by Lee Dong Wook), a dentist who lives in the eerie dormitory. As Uhm Bok Soon narrates, “There’s only fine young people left [in the dormitory], right?” Yoon Jong Woo wears an uneasy expression as he faces Seo Moon Jo, who looks relaxed and slightly pleased.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1343898wpp/watch-im-siwan-meets-his-strange-dorm-mates-in-chilling-teaser-for-strangers-from-hell

“Strangers From Hell” Reveals Character Relationship Chart, Im Siwan On Why He Immediately Said Yes To The Drama

Aug 10, 2019
by R. Jun
cfe18bbd14504a5aa8b2f1f3396bce95.jpeg?s=

In a new interview, Im Siwan talked about why he chose OCN’s “Strangers From Hell” as his next project.

The drama is a mystery thriller about an aspiring novelist named Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan) who moves to Seoul to pursue his dreams, but is thrust into an unexpected hell due to the strange residents of his dorm.

Im Siwan revealed that he was first a fan of the original webtoon. He said, “The story was refreshing and the pace was quick, so I enjoyed reading [the webtoon] a lot. When I was offered a role in the drama, I agreed without hesitation.”

Introducing his character, the actor said, “Jong Woo has to face bitter reality, and in looking for a cheap study dorm, he finds Eden. There, he experiences a hell created by strangers and undergoes a change.” He added, “I’ve put a lot of thought into how to highlight the personality of my character, who holds strangers at arms length and is sensitive to many situations.”

Closing, the actor said, “Both fans of the original webtoon and those who are seeing ‘Strangers From Hell’ for the first time as a drama will enjoy it.”

strangers-from-hell-character-relationsh

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1344476wpp/strangers-from-hell-reveals-character-relationship-chart-im-siwan-on-why-he-immediately-said-yes-to-the-drama

Archived