Drama: Type in Search Word: WWW/ Search: WWW

Hangul: 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

Genre: drama, romance

Network: tvN

Episodes: 16

Director: Jung Ji Hyun

Writer: Kwon Eun Sol

Release Date: June 5, 2019- July 25, 2019

Runtime: Wednesday & Thursday 21:30 (following drama Her Private Life)

Production Company:

OST: part 1 O3ohn - Milky Way Between Us

part 2 일레인 (Elaine) - Search

part 3 장범준 (Beom June Jang) - 손 닿으면 (Reaching Hand)

part 4 샘김 (SAM KIM) - 향기 (Scent)

part 5 MAMAMOO - WOW

part 6  Lee Da Hee - When I See You On TV

part 7 Kim Na- young- I Get a Little Bit Lonely

Official site: http://event.tving.com/View/5016

Plot

“Search: WWW” is a drama about the conflicts, the wins, and losses one experiences when working. It will follow the story of 21st century women, who chose to not be a wife or a mother and successfully work without discrimination or impediments.

Bae Ta-Mi (Lim Soo Jung)works as a director for a big web portal company. She is in her late 30's and is quite competitive. With her competitiveness, Bae Ta-Mi enjoys success. The methods she uses to win has her wondering if she is doing the right thing with her life. Has she sacrificed too much of her personal life for success?

Park Mo-Gun (Chang Ki Yong) is a man in his 20's and is a gifted composer. He creates music for video games. Park Mo-Gun meets Bae Ta-Mi at an arcade. He falls in love with her due to her competitive spirit.

Cast

Im Soo Jung as Bae Ta Mi

Lee Da Hee as Cha Hyun

Jeon Hye-Jin  as Song Gaekyung

Jang Ki Yong as Park Mo Geon

Lee Jae Wook as Seol Ji-Hwan

Ji Seung-Hyun  as Dae-jin Oh

Kwon Hae-Hyo as Min Hong-Joo

Yoo Seo-Jin  as Na In-Kyung

Ye Soo-Jung  as Jang Hee-Eun

Ha Seung-Ri as Hong Yoo-Jin

Woo Ji-Hyun as Choi Bong-Ki

Oh Ah-Yeon as Jo A-Ra

Song Ji-Ho as Choi Jung-Hoon

Kim Nam-Hee as Pyo Joon-Soo

Tak Woo-Suk as Kim Sun-Woo

Han Ji-Wan as Jung Da-In

Cho Hye-Joo as Yoon Dong-Joo

Byun Woo Seok as Han Min Kyu

Lee Dong-Wook (cameo ep. 7)

Posters

Search-WWW-02.jpg

Character descriptions

f132029570436141556(0).png

Bae Ta Mi (Im Soo Jung) is an employee for a search engine website. She is a woman in her late 30s, she likes to win, has confidence in her wins, is competitive, and likes to use tricks. The character will bring into question whether losing many things in order to succeed is a good way of living.

f132029572101140229(0).png

Cha Hyun (played by Lee Da Hee)

f132029572685363974(0).png

Song Gaekyung (played by Jeon Hye-Jin)

f132029630603231240(0).png

Park Mo Geon (played by Jang Ki Yong)

Spoiler

Character`s chart

f132031281931509089(0).jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] www - Premieres in May 2019
  • Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A drama official said on the 24th, "Ji Seung-hyun and Jeon Hye-jin will appear in 'www'.

Ji Seung-hyun and Jeon Hye-jin will play Dae-jin Oh, a chaebol-runner who runs a film production company, and Song Gaekyung, a director of a famous portal site. The two were married to each other in a marriage without love. It depicts the story of a woman who asked for a divorce to find her own life, and a man who divorced because of her love.

'www' is a fantasy drama that succeeds because the 21st century women who did not choose their wives and mothers just did my job without discrimination and obstacle. Lim Soo-jung, Jang Ki-yong and Lee Da-hee confirmed their appearances.

It is scheduled to air in May.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23319147&cloc=

https://news.joins.com/article/23319147

The article meantion that Lim Soo Jung, Jang Ki Yong and Lee Da Hee confirmed but I think there will be an offcial confirmation for all later.

Im Soo Jung In Talks To Star In Upcoming tvN Drama

by K. Lew
f93f81a1fe5f4596ab7bd40c39ac9309.jpeg?s=

Im Soo Jung may be making her small screen comeback.

On November 14, it was reported that the actress was cast as the lead in tvN’s “www” (working title) which would be airing in the first half of next year. Later that day, a source from tvN clarified, “The programming for ‘www’ has not been confirmed. Nothing has been decided regarding Im Soo Jung’s appearance.” If cast, the drama will be Im Soo Jung’s comeback to the small screen in two years, since “Chicago Typewriter.”

If she accepts the role, Im Soo Jung will be playing Bae Ta Mi, an employee for a search engine website. In her late 30s, she likes to win, has confidence in her wins, is competitive, and likes to use tricks. The character will bring into question whether losing many things in order to succeed is a good way of living.

“www” is a fantasy drama about the conflicts, the wins, and losses one experiences when working. It will follow the story of 21st century women, who chose to not be a wife or a mother and successfully work without discrimination or impediments.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1262839wpp/im-soo-jung-talks-star-upcoming-tvn-drama

Jang Ki Yong In Talks For tvN’s New Fantasy Drama Along With Im Soo Jung

by sala12
b61b696dab974a87b62ab0cb8039aa45.jpeg?s=

Jang Ki Yong is in talks of starring in tvN’s new fantasy drama “www” (tentative title)!

On December 14, YG Entertainment revealed to YTN Star, “Jang Ki Yong received an offer to star in tvN’s new drama ‘www,’ and we’re currently in discussion.”

“www” is a fantasy drama about 21st century women, who choose to not be a wife or a mother, and successfully work without discrimination or impediments. The drama will be written by Kwon Eun Sol, who’s making her domestic debut as a scriptwriter through this project, and directed by Jung Ji Hyun, who’s previously worked on “Mr. Sunshine.”

Furthermore, actress Im Soo Jung is currently in talks of taking on the role of the female lead. If she accepts the role, Im Soo Jung will be playing Bae Ta Mi, an employee for a search engine website who will bring into question whether losing many things in order to succeed is a good way of living.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1278043wpp/jang-ki-yong-talks-tvns-new-fantasy-drama-www-along-im-soo-jung

Jang Ki-yong up for tvN fantasy noona romance opposite Im Soo-jung

by tipsymocha

jangkiyong-imsoojung-www.jpg

Keep the noona romances coming! tvN is busy planning for its 2019 programming, and one of its upcoming projects is the tentatively titled www. Last month, reports announced Im Soo-jung (Chicago Typewriter) was considering taking the lead role, and now Jang Ki-yong (Come and Hug Me) has been offered the role of her leading man. The two actors are still in the “favorably reviewing the script” phase, but I hope they both sign on, not least ‘cause Jang Ki-yong was involved in one of my favorite noona (?) pairings ever in last year’s Go Back Spouses.

So far, www’s plot description is pretty limited, but the two lines that we have about the story has a lot going for it. The show will revolve around a group of women who have chosen to forego the ‘wife’ and ‘mother’ titles, and have succeeded through their hard work alone, without being subject to discrimination or obstacles. The drama is also labeled as a fantasy show, though the fantastical elements are yet to be revealed. Or is the fact that these women haven’t faced discrimination the fantasy factor?

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/jang-ki-yong-up-for-tvn-fantasy-noona-romance-opposite-im-soo-jung/

Lee Da Hee Also In Talks To Join Upcoming tvN Drama Following Jang Ki Yong And Im Soo Jung

by K. Lew
a2b1c6a71ebd4c7d9cdd72b5789b3374.jpeg?s=

Lee Da Hee may be appearing in a new tvN drama.

On January 8, a source from her agency Huayi Brothers Korea stated, “Lee Da Hee is positively reviewing an offer to appear in ‘www’ (literal title).” The actress most recently appeared in JTBC’s “The Beauty Inside.”

“www” follows the story of 21st century women who chose not to become wives or mothers, but instead to work hard and succeed in their careers without discrimination. Previously, Jang Ki Yong and Im Soo Jung were also reported to be in talks to star in the drama.

The drama will be writer Kwon Eun Sol’s domestic debut as a scriptwriter, as she previously worked as an assistant writer for Kim Eun Sook. It will be directed by Jung Ji Hyun, who previously worked on “Mr. Sunshine.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1289497wpp/lee-da-hee-also-talks-join-upcoming-tvn-drama-following-jang-ki-yong-im-soo-jung

Wow Jang Ki Yong in two dramas already for 2019. ONC  Blue Eyes 0(march premiere)  and then this one. Is this confirmed? YG said an offer was made to him. I hope he accepts it. I'm a fan eversince My Mister.  I hope there's no noona romance here :D

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Wow Jang Ki Yong in two dramas already for 2019. ONC  Blue Eyes 0(march premiere)  and then this one. Is this confirmed? YG said an offer was made to him. I hope he accepts it. I'm a fan eversince My Mister.  I hope there's no noona romance here :D

From the article that confirmed to star Ji Seung-hyun and Jeon Hye-jin it said that the other three has confirmed but I think it is not everything negotiated so there is no confirmation yet. Usually, they will announced later officially. 

I think they will be in the drama. Jang Ki Yong is young and he wants many projects. `www` is a promising drama. If the filming shredules don't interfere with his other drama from OCN, I don`t know why he won`t accept this project too.

• 3 weeks later...

Im Soo Jung Confirmed To Star In New tvN Drama

by J. Lim
75416bb101d347eeaaed2714ba4aaa35.jpeg?s=

Im Soo Jung will be appearing in her first drama in two years.

On February 18, her agency King Kong by Starship confirmed that Im Soo Jung will be starring in tvN’s new drama “WWW” (tentative title) after being in talks to join the drama. This will be her first drama in two years since “Chicago Typewriter.”

In the drama, Im Soo Jung will play the role of Bae Ta Mi, a woman in her late thirties who works in the IT industry. She is the director of the largest portal site in the industry, and is someone who likes to win, is confident that she will win, and has a mean competitive streak. Even though she’ll do a lot to win, she still has a moral compass and always reflects on herself, and she begins to wonder if she’s lost too much on the road to success.

“WWW” will be a fantasy drama that follows the real lives and success stories of women who are living in the now and focusing on themselves, rather than becoming housewives or mothers. The women will be people who focus on their work to bring them fulfillment and joy, and the drama will follow their success stories as they overcome discrimination to come out on top. Though many expect the portal site industry to be competitive, the drama will tell stories that no one could have predicted.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1304515wpp/im-soo-jung-confirmed-to-star-in-new-tvn-drama

February 18 2019

Lim Soo-Jung cast in tvN drama series “WWW”

WWW-a00.jpg

Lim Soo-Jung is cast in upcoming tvN drama series “WWW” (English title). For the drama series, Lim Soo-Jung will play lead female character Bae Ta-Mi. Her character works for a web portal website and she is competitive. Actor Chang Ki-Yong was first offered the lead male role, but whether he accepted or not has not yet been announced. Since he is starring in upcoming OCN drama series “Kill It,” it would seem more likely that someone else will be cast for the lead male role.

“WWW” is tentatively scheduled to air sometime during the first half of this year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lim-soo-jung-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-www

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Im Soo-jung Comfirms Starring Role in TvN's "WWW"

by Vasia Orion on 2019/02/22 at 16:48 PST

photo1037992.jpg

Upcoming tvN drama "WWW" has officially landed its lead, as actor Im Soo-jung makes her return to Dramaland following her work 2017's "Chicago Typewriter". "WWW" is a fantasy drama about modern women who choose their careers over becoming wives or mothers.

Im Soo-jung has confirmed her participation for the role of Bae Ta-mi, a woman in her 30s working as the head of the biggest portal site in the IT industry. Ta-mi is a real go-getter who has what it takes to win, and who enjoys winning, but she begins to wonder if she is sacrificing too much for success.

more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-im-soo-jung-comfirms-starring-role-in-tvn-s-www-126881.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] WWW - Im Soo Jung - Premieres in May 2019

I wonder if Jang Ki Yong will accept this. Hi upcoming drama from OCN drama will premier March 16. This drama will  premiere May. It's possibble.. but depends on YG. I wonder if they're going to pushed one of their stars.. ehh.... Nam Joo Hyuk or something him.    So who could be the male lead. Plus the story focuses mainly on women. Not sure what's the character  of the male.If JKY accepts feels like 360 turn coming from that Kill It character.   Reading the plot,  a jdrama came to mind. I'll  be waiting for this.

Im Soo Jung, Jang Ki Yong, Lee Da Hee, And More Confirmed For tvN Romance Drama

by D. Kim
2777770461394c6eabb2184755b34244.jpeg?s=

The main cast has been announced for tvN’s upcoming drama “WWW”!

Previously, it was confirmed that Im Soo Jung will be starring in the drama. On February 26, it was revealed that Jang Ki Yong, Lee Da Hee, Jeon Hye Jin, and Ji Seung Hyun have been confirmed to join her.

“WWW” is a romance drama about women who work at web portal sites and the stories of their real romance.

Im Soo Jung will be taking on the role of Bae Ta Mi, a very competitive woman who is a head manager of the largest web portal Unicorn. Work was always more important to her than dating, but this changes when Park Mo Geon enters her life.

Jang Ki Yong will be playing Park Mo Geon, the CEO and genius producer of a company that creates music for games. He meets Bae Ta Mi at an arcade and falls for her competitive spirit.

Lee Da Hee has been cast as Cha Hyun, a head manager of the No. 2 web portal Baro. She is a former judo player with a hot temper and enjoys watching dramas with crazy storylines. She has never had a lasting relationship as all of her former boyfriends cheated on her.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1306310wpp/im-soo-jung-jang-ki-yong-lee-da-hee-and-more-confirmed-for-tvn-romance-drama

February 26 2019

Chang Ki-Yong cast in tvN drama series “WWW”

WWW-a001.jpg

Chang Ki-Yong is now cast for the lead male role in upcoming tvN drama series “WWW” co-starring Lim Soo-Jung. Also cast in major supporting roles are Lee Da-Hee and Jeon Hye-Jin. For the drama series, Chan Ki-Yong will play Park Mo-Gun. He is a man in his 20’s, gifted as a composer and creates game music. He meets Bae Ta-Mi (Lim Soo-Jung) at an arcade and falls in love with her. Lee Da-Hee will play Cha Hyun. She works for a web portal company which is a rival to the company where Bae Ta-Mi works.

“WWW” first airs first half 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/chang-ki-yong-cast-in-tvn-drama-series-www

Yes! Jang Ki Yong as male lead. @larus thanks for the confirmation update.  His character description. This is a noona romance kinda of drama?

For the drama series, Chan Ki-Yong will play Park Mo-Gun. He is a man in his 20’s, gifted as a composer and creates game music. He meets Bae Ta-Mi (Lim Soo-Jung) at an arcade and falls in love with her. Lee Da-Hee will play Cha Hyun. She works for a web portal company which is a rival to the company where Bae Ta-Mi works.

Feels quirky in a way. I don't know the other female cast but I'm going to watch.

4 hours ago, jongski said:

Yes! Jang Ki Yong as male lead. @larus thanks for the confirmation update.  His character description. This is a noona romance kinda of drama?

Yes, noona romance again. I think you will get used to  noonaromances if you will watch a few. :lol:

I was sure that Jang Ki Yong will accept this offer if his scredules permited. It is an oportunity to be in an interesting project. He will play opposite more experienced actresses and I think this is a plus.

I am excited for this drama because it is a female centric drama. I am familiar with Lim Soo-Jung, Lee Da Hee and Jeon Hye Jin. I saw Lee Da Hee in 4 dramas. I discovered recently Jeon Hye Jin in Misty and Lim Soo Jung in Chicago Typewriter so I am glad that I will see them in another project.

Woman power! Figthing!

Im Soo-jung, Jang Ki-yong, Lee Da-hee, Jeon Hye-jin join tvN romance drama

by tipsymocha

www-imsoojung-jangkiyong-leedahee-jeonhyebin.jpg
Im Soo-jung, Jang Ki-yong, Lee Da-hee, Jeon Hye-jin

Well, someone’s star is rising rapidly, isn’t it? Jang Ki-yong’s (Come Here and Hug Me) next project, OCN’s Kill It, hasn’t even premiered yet, and the actor has already lined up his next gig in tvN’s Search Query: WWW. It’s a pretty awkward title, with the acronym ostensibly standing for the world-wide web, but it’s supposed to refer to the career women (and man) who operate online portals. These women are Im Soo-jung (Chicago Typewriter), Lee Da-hee (Beauty Inside), and Jeon Hye-jin (Misty).

Im Soo-jung will play the strategy manager of the industry’s top portal site, specializing in what’s termed as “unicorn service,” which refers to rapidly growing startups. Think venture capital, or an investment firm with a particularized interest in tech startups. Her character is highly competitive, which makes sense given her chosen career, and loves winning above all, even above romance. At least, until Jang Ki-yong enters her life. Jang Ki-yong will be playing the young CEO of a computer game music-producing company, as well as a genius composer. He attended high school in Australia, but has since returned to Korea, and has had his fair share of life’s ups and downs compared to the average guy in his twenties.

Lee Da-hee sounds like she’ll be a formidable rival to our main heroine, as the social media manager of a portal site that always trails in second place to Im Soo-jung’s. She was a judo athlete in a former life, and without an outlet, she has some anger management issues, which is expressed in bouts of physical strength that is surprising coming from someone her size. I hope she plays one of those likable frenemies to Im Soo-jung, though, because she’s just about the most endearingly unlucky woman alive when it comes to romance, with all her past boyfriends having cheated on her.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/im-soo-jung-jang-ki-yong-lee-da-hee-jeon-hye-jin-join-tvn-romance-drama/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] WWW - Im Soo Jung & Jang Ki Yong - Premieres in May 2019
  • 2 weeks later...

Im Soo Jung, Jang Ki Yong, Lee Da Hee, And More Gather For 1st Script Reading Of Upcoming tvN Drama

7802addca3fc4b48a54af486385726e7.jpeg?s=

tvN gave the public a preview of what’s to come in the upcoming drama “WWW” with photos from its first script reading!

“WWW” tells the story of women who work at portal site companies and their romances with men. On March 12, the drama revealed photos from its first table read that took place last month.

Along with directors Kwon Young Il and Jung Ji Hyun, actors Im Soo Jung, Jang Ki Yong, Lee Da Hee, Jun Hye Jin, Ji Seung Hyun, Lee Jae Wook, Kwon Hae Hyo, Yoo Seo Jin, Ye Soo Jung, Ha Seung Ri, Woo Ji Hyun, Oh Ah Yeon, and Song Ji Ho attended the reading.

WWW-1.jpg

According to those present at the reading, Im Soo Jung perfectly immersed into her character Bae Ta Mi, a strategic manager at Korea’s No.1 portal site Unicorn. She is a competitive woman who likes to win and is good at winning. While work was always more important to her than dating, this changes when Park Mo Geon enters her life.

On the other hand, Jang Ki Yong drew attention to himself by exuding different charms at every other minute like a chameleon. He will be playing Park Mo Geon, the CEO and genius producer of Millim Sound, a company that creates music for games. He becomes attracted to Bae Ta Mi for her competitive spirit.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1309611wpp/im-soo-jung-jang-ki-yong-lee-da-hee-and-more-gather-for-1st-script-reading-of-upcoming-tvn-drama

March 12 2019

First script reading for tvN drama series “WWW”

WWW-SR111.jpg

First script reading tvN drama series “WWW” took place February 22, 2019 in Sangamdong, Seoul, South Korea. Main cast members including Lim Soo-Jung, Chang Ki-Yong, Lee Da-Hee, Jeon Hye-Jin, Ji Seung-Hyun, Lee Jae-Wook and Ye Soo-Jung attended. The script for “WWW” is set at an internet portal company and follows the story of women that work there.

“WWW” will air sometime during the first half of this year in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-tvn-drama-series-www

• 4 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Type in Search Word: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW - Im Soo Jung & Jang Ki Yong - Premieres in May 2019

Archived