[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

Actually, this drama also showed the importance and power of sister-hood.

The ex-ceo of unicon was an obedient and groveling employee. Yet, as she revealed when she gave the usb to GG , even she had been collecting information all this time, and had wanted to take down the old lady.   However, she didn't have a consortium like our trio of Thelma and Louise-ish ladies.  (Naturally, our ladies had a better ending than T&L.)  So, she was neither able to protect herself nor her job. (She really should have read, "Art of War" for tips.:P).   

This was the ending that I expected because it fits perfectly with the way the story and characters were developed.  Bravo to the writer, director, etc.:thumbsup:

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

This was the ending that I expected because it fits perfectly

It was a good ending for the drama. 

But, you know what, I was left thinking why on earth those three high-powered techno-savvy women were going to someplace with no stop light?  :blink:  I mean, really?  What are they gonna find to do there?  I bet they just turn around and go back to the city to get drunk.  :lol:

@thistle we all have different opinions on characters in a show. We either love them or hate them. Same with each characters own storyline. Some can be boring and the others can be more interesting. I’m glad to read everyone’s POV on the characters or shows. 

If I really have to choose top 4-5, these will have to be it (in no order). These dramas are dramas that I can watch over and over and over again and still love every moment of it. Can never get tired of it. When I rewatch it, it’s as if I’m watching it for the first time. 

Kdramas

Delightful Girl Choon Hyang

My Love Patzzi

Secret Garden

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon

Jdoramas

Orange Days

Liar Game

Hana Yori Dango

1 Litre Of Tears

I like Tatta Hitotsu No Koi too but for some reason I didn’t like Ayase Haruka’s character as much. 

1 hour ago, elizabeth said:

Kdramas

My Love Patzzi

Secret Garden

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon

I  can watch MNIKSS forever!!! It was the first K-drama I ever watched that got me hooked onto K-dramas. If you're interested, there is a Thai version that is currently being filmed. It'll probably air either late in the year or next year starring Film Thanapat & Bee Namthip.

2 hours ago, elizabeth said:

@thistle we all have different opinions on characters in a show. We either love them or hate them. Same with each characters own storyline. Some can be boring and the others can be more interesting. I’m glad to read everyone’s POV on the characters or shows. 

If I really have to choose top 4-5, these will have to be it (in no order). These dramas are dramas that I can watch over and over and over again and still love every moment of it. Can never get tired of it. When I rewatch it, it’s as if I’m watching it for the first time. 

Kdramas

My Love Patzzi

Secret Garden

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon

Jdoramas

Orang Days

Liar Game

Hana Yori Dango

1 Litre Of Tears

I like Tatta Hitotsu No Koi too but for some reason I didn’t like Ayase Haruka’s character as much. 

Agree.

Each of us have different POV. And it's why I like this thread a lot because each have expressed their opinion while respecting others' opinion. 

I'm pretty much new to watching asian dramas in general, just less than a year, so, I haven't watched as many as, maybe, a lot of you here.

With me, I actually started with C-Dramas. I got curious enough to watch Love 020 series and I love it, and I got hooked since then. Although, it's disappointing that most of the C-Dramas I watched after that, especially those with more than 30 episodes, kinda follow the same pattern of, first half, it was awesome, then the second half, it's crap. I think C-Drama should do the same as K-Drama. Just keep it short and sweet. 16 by standard, if it's too good, 20. But no more than that because almost always, plot just go nowhere after that.

So, what's my list other than WWW? Since, I'm pretty "young" in this, 5 of the ones I love are pretty much recent ones:

KDrama

What's Wrong with Secretary Kim - This is my very first KDrama and it's what sold me to continue watching KDrama.

Korean Odyssey

Pinocchio

Healer - Ji Chang-Wook is hot!

Kill Me, Heal Me - Ji Sung is brilliant in his portrayal of his 7 split personalities 

CDrama

Love 020 - It's a simple love story that shows that you don't need a third wheel/love triangle to make a plot work. Plus, the virtual world of gaming is an awesome addition.

The Story of Minglan - While this has 68 episodes, I find that almost all episodes are relevant and not just filler, as what usually happen with a Cdrama.

Le Coup de Foudre 

Princess Agents - It was really good until the ending, which is a major, major, cliffhanger. When the last scene ended, I'm like, "huh?!?!??? That's it???"

Eternal Love (10 Miles of Peach Blossoms) - I've watched this at least 3x. :P

Finally finding the time to put in my few cents worth of comments on the concluding episodes.

I belong to the camp that found Tami and Morgan’s relationship too tiring and draggy to follow. Admittedly, I ignored portions with them in the last episodes cos it was clear where the writer was taking it. I personally felt that as much as yes, their story could be played out in this manner in real life, on reel it didn’t require that much screen time. Half of those scenes of moping about need not have been shown to get that point across. And did I like that Morgan’s Mum had to die for all that to happen? No. I didn’t. I agree that was lazy writing. Was she terminally ill and no one knew? Her Husband knew about Morgan but no one else did? If that was the direction it was going to take, then maybe more screen time on that story than of Tami and Morgan wallowing in self-pity.

For all those wasted screen minutes, we could’ve had more of Tami’s backstory — she remains the one character so little is known about. We could have had more Hyeon & Jihwan screentime!! Even more of GK and her ex-husband and the end of evil MIL would’ve been good.

But nevertheless, was it a good ending? Yes. I liked that in the end, the 3 women drove off into a place with no red lights, dignity and integrity intact. 

@gilaswan:  Totally agree with your summary evaluation, which is why I was particular in my choice of words in my previous comments.

One of the best things about this drama was that it provided us with topics for discussion. 

Unfortunately, we were wrapped up in dissecting and discussing the romances and never delved into their internet issues, which we are also our current internet issues in real life. 

The subjects of:

• manufactured and/or manipulation of data,
  • security and sanctity of personal information,
  • potential and real consequences of portal information,
  • industry regulating versus governmental regulating, etc.

It would have been interesting to read soompiers' understanding and perspective on these issues.

8 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Unfortunately, we were wrapped up in dissecting and discussing the romances and never delved into their internet issues, which we are also our current internet issues in real life. 

The subjects of:

It would have been interesting to read soompiers' understanding and perspective on these issues.

The episodes I enjoyed the most were Ep.1-4... After that, it was too much of the romance that I was on the verge of getting bored but still enjoying some of the workplace power play. Good thing SJH appeared and together with Scarlett, they spiced up the watching for me. I agree that more screen time could be used for the business arc. Nevertheless, this is still a memorable drama for me.

58 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

The subjects of:

I liked that they touched on these topics... but there's nothing much controversial for me to talk about them.

Obviously, private information should be private, but hell, in this age of big data, whatever you put on the internet, you no longer can control 100%. Govt and Corps are always gonna be greedy and try to control the internet like authoritarian bodies, and the power to fight back rests solely in the power of the people, which, honestly is what drives and keeps the internet alive anyway. Deep down at the core, it's basically Free-information vs Media-control.

When everything goes well, the internet is good. When something goes wrong, the internet is to be blamed. That's just too shallow a view and too complicated a topic for a thread dedicated to spazzing over a drama. The governments which are filled with congressmen can't even form a coherent opinion on this topic. What should I even discuss about?

The romance lines though? Simple and real enough to squeal or wail over. Plus, it's closer and more relatable to our daiy lives. Honestly, the only controversial topic from there is the marriage vs non-marriage or that seize-the-moment vs worry-about-the-future dilemma between TaMi and Morgan.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:44 PM, forwww said:

Ahhhh! But I want the songs with lyrics... like the song during MoMi first dinner date haha! It's like an ambiance song... but with soft humming or whatever...

FINALLY FOUND IT! It's Chet Baker - Little Girl Blue

The sounds team is crazy..... this fits so perfectly with Tami's situation that moment. I'm so happy @mademoisellesia :wub:

It's the BGM for this scene:

Spoiler

YYXju9r.jpg

dz4vcK8.jpg

Lyrics:

Sit there and count your fingers,

what can you do
Old girl, you're through
Just sit there and count your little fingers,

unhappy little girl blue
Sit there and count the raindrops falling on you
It's time you knew
All you can count on are the raindrops that

fall on little girl blue
No use, old girl, you might as well surrender
Your hopes are getting slender, why won't somebody send

a tender blue boy to cheer up little girl blue

When you were very young,

the world was younger than you
As merry as a carousel
The circus tent was strung with ever star in the sky
Above the ring you loved so well
Now the young world has grown old,

gone are the silver and gold

On 7/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, mademoisellesia said:

@forwww Isn't this the BGM for U:Daily (JH saying bye to CH) - Track 24 자벌레

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv7VgjIcCng

i cant play it :(

On 7/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, savingrace said:

I just finished ep 15 and wow, it didn't disappoint.

First of, may I just say, Scarlet (LDH) is freakin' gorgeous! In any angle and any outfit, she's just so beautiful. I like her in Beauty Inside but now, I love her. I'm definitely a fan now.

Also, Scarlet is the best friend I want to become. She's just so awesome. She's there for you through thick and thin. She'll fight for you without asking what for. She'll join you in your misery and celebrate with you your triumphs. She'll even save you from sticky situation even if you're not in such good terms as before (she saved SGG from a mob of reporters). And she's so funny too! 

yea im walked out this drama as a fan of LDH too, omg that girl just so so down to earth like happy bills in real life, now i have to see again all episode of LDH on running man lol, thats true self of her :)) . Keeping up with all of her project in future too

@forwww Woah. Well done! How did you manage? It's such an old song too. Must say, it is very suitable to play in the background at a restaurant. Thank you for thinking of me when you found it. Well, I only managed to find the live ascoustic version of Track 10 - Reaching Hands by Jang Bun Jun himself. Still like the OST ver. better though, it has a sadder tone to it and was always used in scenes to convey helplessness of a situation or on Tami & Morgan when they went through some rough patches.

I also found this, but can't put my head around when it appeared in the show

Now I'm going to tempt you with this :D

EAkYK9sVUAEMxAp?format=jpg&name=medium

43 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Now I'm going to tempt you with this :D

I really couldn't sleep because of that song hahahah! I'm so glad I found it <3

I'd Rather played during this scene:

Spoiler

7M0kil5.png

OMGGGGGGGGGGG Don't tempt me :(

I'm waiting actually for the DVD pre-order... usually it's after the blu-ray edition pre-order, but I don't think there'll be any english subs available hahaha :(

I'm planning to buy the OST album first, then hopefully the dvd! How about you?

@Auntie Mame

The whole invading into web user's personal info was reflective of the Chinese Huawei ban in the US no? But then again the Government can spy in other ways i.e. Google does this too. We're never completely as incognito as we like to think, so be careful when you click LoL? Your smartphones with its apps are pretty suspect too... The ads...your smartphone camera..

Just recently my country placed a ban on drones. There was a reported case where someone flew a drone into the vicinity of a statesman's home:wacko: They inspected the drone but failed to find anything suspicious... Nonetheless now everyone is required to apply for a permit to fly these drones. Among it's conditions to only fly a certain radius/distance/height or pay a very heavy fine as punishment.  

You liked Thelma & Louise ?? WoW mind blown LoL. That was a classic with a very yummy Brad Pitt;)

@mushforbrains said:-

She probably fascinated him as much as he fascinated her...

So hence the initial hesitant relationship... since they had to figure out whether her attraction to him was purely as a fan..

I like that the script pointed out that he couldn't do anything if she was a fan...as that would be taking advantage of her affections as a fan...

Ethics

I like your reasoning, 'cause I just didn't get the fuss really LoL. I thought Scarlett was overthinking (Ta-Mi as well) but for Scarlett she's intimidating to men so she attracts the wrong kind of guys. That is until Ji-Hwan of course. 

@thistle

I love Nagareboshi. 

As for my Top 5? Hmmm that's a tough one.

1. 1% of Anything

2.  New Tales of Gisaeng

3. Cheese in the Trap

4. Your House Helper

5. Something in the Rain

@gilaswan

And ahah it's fine I totally get what your frustrations are:D For me the men of Search:WWW seem so whipped LoL. I really do wish there was more to Ta-Mi's backstory.... I mean even if she fears marriage, Mo-Gan's foster parents are really chill so no need to fear unlike Ga-Gyeong:phew: And what 'bout Ta-Mi's family? So yea loads of details were overlooked.

I love Love 02O & Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms too! @savingrace

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0fT4WNJOKO/?igshid=1k13fiqs6b9v4

there was an announcement posted by tvn on their ig page but no English translation was available. May I know if there is any kind soul who can briefly explain what the post meant?

Binge watched the last 5 episodes over the weekend and loved the ending with all the 3 power ladies :love: 

There are certainly some loopholes in the drama which could be better but I still find it overall an enjoyable and interesting one. The show also share some interesting points on work ethics. And I still can’t believe the same actor for SJW was the actor in MOTA. The kid has talent! 

@forwww Most likely won't buy it. Tempted as always but too pricey & takes forever to release (6 months I think). By that time I'd be over this drama. The fact that we're in such a high-tech world now, I kinda wish they sell it through web-download. I'd like the photo book to be in UHD digital more than printed because last time I bought a kdrama DVD set, the printings didn't come out very well. Their BTS & interviews weren't even HDs (just the drama itself is Blu-ray quality). It sure didn't worth USD$300.

3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Thanks for sharing this song. I really liked it. It’s usually played during SGG’s scenes. I think it first appeared when she was sitting alone by the bus stop crying and then Jin Woo came and sat next to her. It’s like her theme song

Archived