[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

July 25, 2019

Actor Ji Seung-hyun

Actor Ji Seung-hyun

South Korean actor Ji Seung-hyun, who stars in the local cable channel tvN's "Search: WWW," poses during an interview with Yonhap News Agency in Seoul on July 25, 2019. (Yonhap

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 15  really allowed me to appreciate the directing and visuals of the drama. The part where we saw both PM and TM's day to day life following their breakup was done so well. It's really a beautifully filmed drama.

I was hoping we'd get a bit more progress on the relationship side of things given there's only 1 episode remaining. The business side of things is interesting to some extent but to me the relationship development is what I have been enjoying most. I am very happy we got more CH/GG and CH/TM moments today though. CH is really the glue between the 3 and I hope to see some collaboration in future between them.

I feel really bad for PM. I really do think he deserves better. I saw some comments a while back about PM being robotic but although sometimes his facial expressions can appear robotic, I actually think TM is the robotic one. If I were PM, I would find her so difficult to read because she seems emotionless at times.. the only time she is really expressing her emotions is when she is doubting their relationship (which is 90% off the time). While I do understand where she is coming from in wanting whats best for PM and being uncertain because this isnt the type of relationship she had predicted she would be in, I think she has to relax and just allow the relationship to grow naturally. 

Anyways I really hope it was TM typing the 'how to get back with an ex lover' into the search bar at the end of the episode cos I think it's time for her to step up and show PM that she loves him and wants their relationship just as much as he does.

37 minutes ago, thistle said:

Let me clarify my statement one last time: 

If the death had happened in episode 10 or 12, I would have said that it was a worthwhile plot twist and an opportunity for character development.  But this was episode 15.  As such, this is only a cheap ploy and a way to wrap things up quickly.  It makes it look like the writer just didn't have another idea how to handle Tammy and Morgan's impasse so the writer took the easy way out.

Even though the set ups were in place that make the death a way to explore Morgan's feelings and Tammy's reaction to his pain, it is Too Late in the drama.  It should have happened earlier.

If it happened in ep15 and ended there, maybe yes it is a cheap plot device. 

But it carried over to the finale with a significance to both their characters individually. Was it necessary? We can debate on that, but was it intentionalㅡ yeap. The writer knows how the loss will affect and drive the finale.

4 minutes ago, Luna Lopez said:

I streamed it live, I'm quite unsatisfied with the ending. Going to wait for subs to get a clearer picture. I expected to see more content on three couples, but it seemed business centred to much. 

So, is it really 90 minutes? I look forward in watching it tonight.

5 minutes ago, forwww said:

If it happened in ep15 and ended there, maybe yes it is a cheap plot device. 

But it carried over to the finale with a significance to both their characters individually. Was it necessary? We can debate on that, but was it intentionalㅡ yeap. The writer knows how the loss will affect and drive the finale.

That is actually the point:  the death is being used to drive the finale.  That means the writer has taken an easy out.  I stand by what I said.  

There is much good about this drama (particularly the music and the visuals) but the writer could have done a better job.  The characters are wonderful and the situations are interesting but there is a lack of follow-through in some areas (like the uneven-ness in storytelling when it came to business and relationships) and, of course, this cheap ploy.  It is unfortunate.

i saw some clips in instagram ... Looks like happy ending to all 3 couple .... got to wait till tomorrow to watch it with subs ....or need to wait for 1 more hour for the raw version to release... shall i watch raw first ???? 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW
34 minutes ago, J13 said:

Anyways I really hope it was TM typing the 'how to get back with an ex lover' into the search bar at the end of the episode cos I think it's time for her to step up and show PM that she loves him and wants their relationship just as much as he does.

Based from previous episodes... ;)

Spoiler

2bdvkAn.jpg

QyloZZv.jpg

FBrabEf.jpg

pk0sw4T.jpg

SEURNiz.jpg

The finale. The last episode. The last scene of WWW.

I think I've seen a post by tvN that probably WWW stands for Woman Woman Woman. And to end the drama by showing how 3 lead get together and getting along with each other is a good ending for me. They are so cool B)

Spoiler

hard sub
*the rooftop of the car is being opened and all 3 female lead ride the car together inside*
GG: I guess you like an open car
CH: Your ex-husband said you'll like it if we rode this car. Ah, and he asked me to tell you this. 'You can keep doing whatever you like.'
*GG smiles*
TM: And what is that?
GG: Secret. It's something that you young girls wouldn't know
TM: And those girls destroyed Unicon. Don't you remmember?
GG: You... You haven't change at all
TM: Well it's not easy for people to change
*CH giggles*
*The traffic light turns green*
CH: Aish *honk honk* It has turned green. Move!
Man: I'm sorry
GG: Anyway, where are we going?
TM: To the place where we can see the blue water (sea). Let's go
*everyone wear their own sunglasses. TM wears the sunglasses gift from MG's mother)

I have only joined this thread recently and I enjoyed all the discussion that you all have posted. For me, it's a great drama. I love all the leads and their respective partner. I love Brian and I'm envy with Barro's employees for having a great office like that. 

Thank you for everyone who has participated in this thread. :)

27 minutes ago, thistle said:

That is actually the point:  the death is being used to drive the finale.  That means the writer has taken an easy out.  I stand by what I said.  

There is much good about this drama (particularly the music and the visuals) but the writer could have done a better job.  The characters are wonderful and the situations are interesting but there is a lack of follow-through in some areas (like the uneven-ness in storytelling when it came to business and relationships) and, of course, this cheap ploy.  It is unfortunate.

I understand! Maybe I really became a script-apologist :sweatingbullets:

I've seen cheaper and more annoying ploys than this.. but I'm content since they didn't let the suffering last long or linger badly, instead they showed how the loss became a time for the characters to focus on themselves and tie up their own short-comings. Rather than character development, I think her loss was a pause both Tami and Mogun needed in order to reflect and think about themselves apart.

If I can be picky, the ratio of Happy MoMi and Angst MoMi should have been 100 to 1 instead of how it was.  I just picked up bits and pieces from IG posts so I can't be sure, but I think I'll just replay those Happy MoMi couple moments over and over again. Yep, I'm a shallow drama watcher. #sorrynotsorry.  And yay !!! to the friendships on both sides that saved the day.  Overall a fantastic drama.

6 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Man that was 30 seconds of romance for the leads  then poof how odd.

I want to say it was reasonable, given the situation they left off........... but I do long for little bit more. god they didn't give us the makeup kiss laksjdlaksjdlaskd

But then again, the time passed and though they felt longing from being apart, I think the contentment of being together finally was more important. 

1 hour ago, forwww said:

I think her loss was a pause both Tami and Mogun needed in order to reflect and think about themselves apart.

I tend to think of death as something major to react to, especially when it comes to the death of a parent.  This would have been worse for Morgan, especially as his relationship with his mom was already so fraught with sorrow.  Worse still since her family didn't even recognize him for who he was:  her eldest son.  That's a lot of pain, rather than a pause.

But I did want to say thanks for being so reasonable with me while I'm apparently being all "anti."  The fact is that I used to teach writing and I also write myself, so when I see sloppy work I'm pretty sure of where I stand and I'm likely to say so.  I do like this drama but I also see the drawbacks.  Don't let my anti stance stop you from posting because you have good thoughts.  

48 minutes ago, forwww said:

I want to say it was reasonable, given the situation they left off........... but I do long for little bit more. god they didn't give us the makeup kiss laksjdlaksjdlaskd

But then again, the time passed and though they felt longing from being apart, I think the contentment of being together finally was more important. 

I haven't seen the episode yet but it sounds a little disappointing.  The viewers deserve to see kisses.  Oh well. 

I have to say, this is the first drama where I feel like I know the ‘secondary leads’ more than the main lead. We never got flashbacks of her high school years except the one of all three (did they ever find out in the end or just all automatically knew beforehand that they knew each other in teenage years?) or background of TM, not saying that it would explain her marriage views or she has to justify them with her background, but I was just curious to learn more about her and see why she has the views/values that she does. Honestly it’s fine though because It doesn’t make the drama any less incredible. It’s just my one of my thoughts while going through this amazing ride with you guys.

Watching the finale raw, I’m not sure if they also ever explain why GG was so anti-TM in the beginning, or basically how their dynamic flipped from being so close building Unicon together to how it was throughout the show. Many of you were able to perfectly explain what MG meant when he would give his metaphor ‘fish tank aquarium’ or said ‘I understand now’ in the recent episodes when he finally let MG go p. So maybe it’s already been hinted or explained in the drama but I haven’t noticed. Does anyone maybe understand why GG and TM were in bad terms at the start of this kdrama??

48 minutes ago, thistle said:

I tend to think of death as something major to react to, especially when it comes to the death of a parent.  This would have been worse for Morgan, especially as his relationship with his mom was already so fraught with sorrow.  Worse still since her family didn't even recognize him for who he was:  her eldest son.  That's a lot of pain, rather than a pause.

But I did want to say thanks for being so reasonable with me while I'm apparently being all "anti."  The fact is that I used to teach writing and I also write myself, so when I see sloppy work I'm pretty sure of where I stand and I'm likely to say so.  I do like this drama but I also see the drawbacks.  Don't let my anti stance stop you from posting because you have good thoughts.  

Ep.16 gives some light about your worries about the her loss :) That's why I was okay with how they wrapped up this part of Mogun's life. A lot of pain yes, but we heard from Sunwoo that he has a strong mentality and is very positive so... yeah. 

Waaaaaa... I tend to think of threads like this to be very polarizing when people intend to fight rather than understand whenever they have different opinions. The ship wars are the worst, honestly. And I'm glad this drama didn't give us that much to fight about lol!

So, I respect all the brave souls posting their thoughts than just silently lurking and I also want to keep the conversation since there's just a few of us interested in expounding what we have watched. May the responses be negative or positive, it still counts. Because we all have different thoughts.

Though I don't mean that to put down casual kdrama watchers, nothing bad about itㅡ but I want to give credit to those who choose to talk about it and ponder about it. 

Oh well..as much as I think Ta-Mi/Mo-Gan were wrong from the start but gosh their smiles together is just lovely to see. I wished Mo-Gan had just lifted Ta-Mi & swung her around LoL! I mean you guys were separated & yet... Ok...Ok... I won't dwell on the shortcomings #QueSeraSera

Just what is that get-up they made Ga-Gyeong wear during that news broadcast!? It looked like some weird Buddhist Monk robe hybrid yikes:blink: And when Scarlett was reunited with Ji-Hwan at the movie theatre, she looked like a nun LoL:lol: Well minus the veil:P Ooo...Ji-Hwan looked SO HOT in army fatigues. 

Ultimately the drama is 'bout the 3 ladies - their lives & loves. So it's fitting to end with all 3 together. The drama is quite revolutionary in terms of it breaking the usual norm in conservative South Korea. Though not without its flaws..for me, this started solidly for 10 ep. & just took a dive since. 

It was fun while it lasted. I had a blast reading everyone's posts & replying to some lively chatter LoL. Take care, now onto the next!  

Archived