[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

Ended lurking. I LOVE this drama! Hi all my nickname is Tamee, and funnily I'm so happy it sounds just like one of our main woman Bae Tami so I just added bae to mine hehe

I hope we can get along and enjoy the drama till the end:D WWW: Search, joh-ahae. Hearteu

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.  Just caught up to ep 5 so far.
BUT.  LET. ME .JUST SAY. :

Park Morgan,
His extreme to the point of chills agreeableness and numbness is flat out CREEPY as F .  I'm sitting here literaly being creeped out and not awed every time he turns his "romantic" ROBOTIC looks at uri Tammy. To me he looks more like  psychopath than a sweet male lead to be taken seriously.
( I saw the actor could act well and had very strong charms in TYH, so I think it's the writing and directing of the character that's to blame here).

At 1st i couldn't fully place it why I couldnt like him or ship him w.  Tammy; now I realize it's all due to his creepy fake too agreaable personality "rule-obliging perfect citizen zombie drone" nature and creepy numb facial expressions.

It seems PM could be a literal robot in a  scifi plot and thered be no difference compared to now!
.... I should just call him Mr.Unrealistic HappyBot-The-Servant-Without-Needs and call it a day.

And it's not so much that the character is written as unrealistic and not a real human, but these type of too pleasing numb people do exist in real life. Very realistic in that regard, WHICH IS ONLY MORE ANNOYING.

This is why the world needs more HONEST type men to be more REAL (while still kind can be honest too) and not robotic unrealistic "I will never say or do any offensive or bad word/action ever" promising too much so-called'"men"-who-are-really-boys.   The level of overt fake PEOPLE PLEASING over any type of honesty is layed on very thick w. this Morgan character so YUCK I really cant handle how disguisting theyve made this FAKE AS HELL ML!!!

So unattractive. And the actor himself JKY is very attrative, wtf writer how you managed that!?

Cant even get into this romance as someone who normally has  a weak spot for the  male-loyally-chases-cold-introvert-female-who-isnt-opening-up-easily  romances!

...Can the female lead just go gay for the rightful badass way more HONEST diva Scarlett instead? 
Pssst Morgan-ssi, please do take some lessons on honesty from Miss Scarlett!!   And while at it, take some lessons too in how-to-actually-have-an-insteresting-personality or how-to-have-emotions-and-needs-and-not-be-so-boringly-indifferent-to-everything
*RANT OVER*

Also the Tammy&Scarlett chemistry!! I'm squaling so much on the inside and going  crazy for their scenes together :wub:

and i just loooove loove Scarlett's justice-seeking rightfull badass personality :wub:

can we have those 2

instead of the ML & FL chemistry-less fakemance?

This drama is interesting in various aspects. Other than the issues brought up at workplace, one of them is 3 strong career-minded women with 3 different styles of love relationships.

The progress between Scarlett & Ji Hwan and Ga Gyung & Jin Woo is a bit concerning with only 4 episodes left. Doesn't feel like there's enough time if we want more out of it. I suppose them being the secondary couples mean we may well only be seeing the 'beginning' of their relationships in the finale.

Ga Gyung & Jin Woo are one couple I'd like to witness the process of them falling in love, especially Ga Gyung since we already know Jin Woo loves her. Their loveline is interesting because it's reversed: a loveless marriage finding love, but it's also traditional as it is basically the way of marriage in the oldern days. Since they're divorcing, and if they did, what would be the future for their new found love? Curious. 

As for Scarlett & Ji Hwan, the zero progress from this week is disappointing given the time left for the show. I thought Scarlett might talk to Tami during their drinking session but nope. I'm also unsure why both couldn't step up to admit their feelings either, but my guess is they are in that stage whereby neither one wants to ruin what they've now in fear it'd break 'the friendship'. I hope I'm not worried for no reason when Ji Hwan asked Scarlett in a desperate tone/face, "What can I do for you?" at the train station. I fear he's too overwhelmed by Scarlett's not-asking-for-anything giving, and all he's doing is just taking.

Being the leading couple, I like the topics discussed through Tami and Morgan's perspectives. They are just a couple with very different beliefs and values of life trying to work out their issues like any couple in real life. They directly represent the possible obstacles a modern couple would face in current society. I like that this writer addresses and introduces viewers to Tami's view on marriage. Unlike the age gap which have been addressed & overuse in dramas, this is new & first I've seen in a kdrama. Morgan represents those who have the traditional perspective on marriage and Tami represents the new age, or strong career minded women's stand. I enjoy their interesting/fun dialogues (as Im Soo Jung agrees in an interview). I like that the writer presented her characters' views and reasonings in a subjective manners, both valid, neither right nor wrong, and thus should be respected.

Tami & Morgan's fight is hard to watch, but I still appreciate it because the exchange helps them understand each other better. Tami did tell him in ep8 she has lived 10 years longer than him. She has gone through a LOT to be where she is now—survived through the toughest times, politics, prejudices to reach the decision of life she chose. I like that this fight highlight he is mature & willing to try, even if he doesn't understand, but he's asking for time to think.

In the above clip Morgan requested when he becomes her everyday life, a safe zone she could return to, she is to give him an official & sincere confession. Tami then tells him how Morgan made her feel, but we never got to hear Morgan's side because he said he'd only tell her after he becomes her everyday life. Looks like Tami's first confession "I love you" from preview episode will tie in with this conversation. :) I hope my guess of writer's intention is correct: Da In is the machination of the two moving another step forward & Morgan to tell her how a 10-years-older-than-him Tami makes him feel that a younger woman like BJ Dong Joo, or a beautiful classmate like Da In can't. It's the perfect timing to tell Tami & give her the assurance if she felt threatened by Da In, and I honestly am dying to know. We can see from episode 1 & each episode how they flutter each other's hearts, but I don't just want to see it, I want to hear their thoughts too, understand their differing views, and that's why this pairing are the most interesting.

I like Morgan just the way is portrayed by Jang Ki Yong. Ki Yong uses very subtle expressions and emoting through his eyes which can be difficult to catch a glimpse of if not seen on big screen, HD or closer to screen. There are few scenes I absolutely love from Ki Yong: There's no words, but I catch what he's conveying. Lee Je Hoon mentioned on JTBC's Traveller how Soo Jung took care of him when they acted together in Finding Mr Destiny. Having the opportunity to act against veterans Lee Sun Kyun, Im Soo Jung, Jeon Hye Jin, Kim Sang Joong & Ma Dong Seok (his upcoming movie) are a great honour for a rising star like Ki Yong & he'll learn from these veterans and fine-tune his acting further.

2 hours ago, intrariver said:

It seems PM could be a literal robot in a  scifi plot and thered be no difference compared to now!

Well, I've been seeing his role as an old-fashioned whiny female throwback, so if we combine your idea and mine then maybe we've come up with Park Morgan as a Stepford Wife.  :lol:

To be fair to Jang Ki Yong, though, it's the character I dislike and not him.  JKY can really do "creepy" (I remember how he was downright scary interrogating a bad guy in CHAHM) and he can also do romance really well.  Talented guy.  Handsome guy.  Good actor.

But the role.  Oh my goodness.  I hope that this show manages to redeem Morgan somehow because I'm tired of him being weak.

Search Query: WWW: Episode 8 RECAP is out!

by LollyPip

Search08-00311.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/search-query-www-episode-8/

The recap is a good read, but the highlighted part is best especially the last paragraph. Accurately describe how I feel & appreciate about Search:WWW.

COMMENTS

Okay, now that my heart has stopped racing from all that sexual tension, the only thing I can think is Finally! These two have been dancing around Ta-mi’s fears and excuses for months, and I was beginning to think that Mo-gun was going to let it drag on forever. I was proud of him for being the one to say enough is enough, it’s time to either jump in and trust, or end this. He really is the more emotionally mature of the two, because he’s willing to lay out his feelings honestly, but he also let Ta-mi make the final call. He was ready to accept her decision to end things, but I’m glad that he told her about his regrets and how he wishes he’d done things differently. I think that when Ta-mi realized that Mo-gun has fears and regrets and reservations just like she does, is when she understood that he’s not just charging in with rose-colored glasses on, and that he understands the risks if they decide to try and make this work.

Spoiler

And I think she made the right decision — if Mo-gun is willing to give this a shot, knowing that it might end and they might get hurt, then she can feel safe that he’s taking this as seriously as she is. The issue of marriage is an important one, because as Ta-mi said, there’s no compromise — someone will have to sacrifice what they want, and that will always be an issue between them. But as sad as the conversations that Ta-mi and Mo-gun had in this episode regarding marriage and whether they should date knowing that they want very different things out of life, it’s pretty amazing that they had those talks before they get too emotionally invested. And although the conundrum is whether to even start anything already knowing it will end, it actually proves that they will make a very strong couple because they’re willing to talk about the hard stuff before it’s too late.

Mo-gun and Ta-mi aren’t the only ones who made huge strides in this episode — Ga-kyung is one of those characters that I don’t particularly like, but it works because she’s not written to be liked. I do think she’s been through a lot and that it’s changed her, and I’m glad we have Hyun to remember the sweet, loving girl that Ga-kyung once was, because it humanizes Ga-kyung and gives us reason to hope that she can become that way again. I’m not sure exactly what’s changed, but Ga-kyung is finally making some first moves to take her life back. She seemed to genuinely want to go to that race with Jin-woo, and not because she was getting something out of it. But I was mostly excited to see her finally stand up to Chairman Jang, both because the things Chairman Jang was having her do are wrong, and because a mutiny is long past due. Ga-kyung can’t live in fear forever, and this makes me hopeful that she’ll find her way back to the person she used to be.

I’ve written before that I really enjoy the way Search Query: WWW explores issues of morality and choice in a way that gets across the point but never feels preachy or sanctimonious. I realized while watching this episode that the reason for that is that multiple sides of each issue are always presented, and in such a way that each side seems reasonable depending on where the person holding that belief is coming from. As Hyun said, there are certain issues that aren’t up for debate, but for the most part, the situations presented in the drama are held up as the multi-faceted, complex problems that most of us face in everyday life. It’s so interesting how each character’s personality, background, personal experiences, and moral code inform how they react to these situations, and I always come out of each episode feeling like I’ve learned that it’s sometimes possible for nobody to be wrong, and for nobody to be right — it all comes down to finding the best solution for that specific problem.

The BTM-PM pairing continues to be my favorite among the 3.  I find their relationship to be the most realistic and most relatable.  Some people don’t like the constant push-pull conflict that is being introduced in the story but isn't that what a relationship is all about?  In the process of getting to know another person, you will agree on some issues but you will also differ in a lot more.  I find their dialogue/conversations to be very interesting.  I also believe that between the two, PM is presented as somebody who is already committed to BTM while BTM is still trying to reach that place of commitment.  I also don’t necessarily think that BTM should be perceived as a loser if in the end, she marries PM. I found in life,  that I may have certain beliefs that I held in the past but now have changed and those beliefs no longer holds true in the present.  I also found that if I chose to hold on to old beliefs without giving the other side the benefit of the doubt, I can limit my own growth because I am unwilling to be changed. That is why I like BTM’s character because whether in work or love, she is open to change and be changed.

All the talk about pros and cons about marriage made me want to look at the practical point to a marriage. So did look at what the laws in my country says about marriage. I do no know what Korea says about it though, but seems like it have same sentiment. 

So according to the law things you gett after marriage like a house become co owned. Also one partner can not do thing like taking out a pledge on the house, or in other way doing thing to the house without both of you agree with it. One partner cant rent out part of the house or other thing in the house if it is ment to be for the children. Both partner have equal claim to pay for all the expenses to your shared household and for your children. Couple is obligated to share information about their economic circumstances. It is also many part about divorce and how to divid asset. 

There is a lot more here, but the point It is that you have many right by the law as a married person. So if a couple end up in a bad place the laws make the situation more clear. To me if you look at the practical part, marriage is the best way to go because things is more clear in the eye of the law. But I know marriage is also a very emotional subject, so I also understand why people do not want to get married. But if you look at every side to it, you can make a more informed opinion about it. 

How “Search: WWW” Characters Express Themselves Through Their Distinct Styles

9cf7bcadd8174afba404fe15533dd4a5.jpeg?s=
Fashion is an essential ingredient of K-dramas, and there’s often a lot more behind a character’s clothes than just pure style (although we do love a good fashion flex!) Clothing can give clues to a character’s personality and motivations, or even foreshadow the future. Here is a rundown of each main character’s wardrobe choice from “Search: WWW,” as well as what they mean for the overall storyline of the show.

Bae Ta Mi

Im-Soo-Jung-1-540x360.jpg

The show’s leading lady, portrayed by the talented Im Soo Jung, begins as a leading executive of tech giant Unicon. Unicon is the No. 1 search engine company in “Search: WWW,” but fierce competition with rival group Baro makes the corporation a high-pressure workplace with no room for mistakes or failure. Her clothing of choice at the company is generally pretty formal, consisting of mostly dark items layered over some more colorful pieces. Many of her outfits at the beginning of the show also contain a pop of orange — hinting at the brighter personality hidden beneath her serious exterior, and maybe even foreshadowing her transferal to Baro later in the show.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1337966wpp/how-search-www-characters-express-themselves-through-their-distinct-styles

I feel it's not simple as the lead characters being "for or against" marriage.  They just interpret commitment in a different way.  It seems there are more to TM being adamant about not getting married -- she's so strategic and thoughtful regarding other things in her life -- she's definitely very averse to things that she cannot control and have the propensity to want to avoid mistakes.  Besides, she's more hung up on the age issue than PMG.  In which case, she's more a traditionalist, so she really should not be calling the guy traditional for wanting to get married.  Pure favoritism here, but I'd like for TM to come around and perhaps even propose -- only because my goodness, who'd want to see PMG sad ?? !!  Also a reality side note:  If any one of them requires hospitalization and let's say require urgent care or operation, neither one will have the right to sign anything because they are not legally entitled to do so.  Might be one reason they should get married since they care for each other so much, probably more than a family member who can legally sign on their behalf.

two more days to Wed!  Rooting for GG and JW as well as CH and her little actor.  Though I wish the latter couple will actually speak their mind instead of going round in circles.  Not much time left!!

Curious,

1. Any blogs or sites recapping this drama yet? Drsmabeans used to be fast but no longer.

2. Jang Ki Young gained weight after Kill It... and in this drama? :)

3. Hoping GG and her hubby can at least sleep (u know what i mean), divorced and found out that she is pregnant! And go bk together with her hubby, live happily ever after.... 10 years of loveless(? Maybe) marriage is sad for them and not having kids so that her mom-in-law cant blackmail her... how makjang this storyline is compares to Scarlett's idea to her actor-crush storyline? Hahhaa...

4. Tammy n Park Morgon.... less fight, more romance pls... :)

5. Morgan, have your hair comb up pls... sigh

Hi all, I'm a bit late to this show, but better late than sorry, right? :D

Scarlett is my fave, and I'm mostly interested in her scenes. She and SJH are adorable, and I can kind of get the ~is she only interested in me as an actor/does he actually like me or does he just feel like he owes me~ dilemma they've got going on, but also you are both adults, please use your words. :P To be fair, their story line started later than the other two couples, and their trajectory might be more of the rom-com movie type where the ending is them getting together. Which is fine with me; most drama couples turn boring once they get together anyway (to me at least).

On 7/13/2019 at 1:57 AM, philosophie said:

Maybe it was the incessant back and forth between MG and TM that makes it easier to accept their break up. We were already sick of the constant tug of war. Yet the kiss in the office and then finally being together, I do want a happy ending for them, that said, I don’t want either of them to have to change their values for the other, unless ‘time’ comes into play and maybe TM has changed her beliefs about marriage from when she dated her ex getting married to the man she is with now. And if she doesn’t, that’s completely understandable too because I think there should be representation for woman that do not see marriage or children in their future thus taking a ‘childfree/marriage free’ stance. I totally support that and even more so for a role model to exemplify that because I don’t think media shows much characters with those type of unconventional values.

Personally, I want Ta Mi to not change her mind about not wanting marriage even until the end of the show. Marriage is virtually always depicted in dramas and movies as The Right Way, and anyone, especially a woman, who chooses not to get married is wrong. I want to see a show that asserts that choosing not to get married is a valid decision, and maybe this show can be it. If Ta Mi changes her mind about marriage, no matter how thoughtful and well laid out the development may be, to me that will be the show essentially siding with the status quo and upholding marriage as The Right Way. Which wouldn't surprise me tbh, heh. :D

BTS is out

@stroppyse if you are free :) for the soompiers here, thank you in advance. Imma off to look for chinese subs :D

GG & JW:

Jin Woo's line is too sweet both actors not used to it and NG.

And then in bed, Jeon Hye Jin finds the bed amusing and they both search for the bed's price.

After hearing how much it is per month, she said "WHAT?" and then said she'll change it immediately.

Looks like uri Ahjussi Lee Sun Kyun will be sleeping on a new bed, kekeke.

CH & JH:

Director had to tell Da Hee to not be too good reading the script.

Director then tells Lee Jae Wook to up the notch with his badness "Worse than Marco" (hahaha)

Next was the hug scene & Jae Wook isn't sure how to do & Da Hee showed him.

They rehearsed and the director is happy with what Jae Wook did.

TM & PMG:

Vacuum cleaner's handle was too short for Jang Ki Yong.

He's also too tall for Soo Jung to climb onto. So tall that even when coming off his back, Soo Jung's feet couldn't find the ground so she stumbled a bit. Then Ki Yong (being cheeky?) said Soo Jung weighs only 30-31 kg.

TM & CH:

When Da Hee aegyo, Soo Jung told her not to. Looks ugly. Everyone laughs.

Then the last scene was an ad-lib from both actresses, whereby CH asked TM where she is & she's scared.

Archived