[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

13 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

Finally finish watching ep 8 .... i need to shout out!!! "FINALLY THEY KISSED!!!!!" LOL !!!

1. I am glad that Scarlet stay with Barro. 

2. Tammy is so cute when she pissed with Scarlet.. even Scarlet agreed that she is cute too .. hahahahahhaahahha

3. Can says that Morgan is someone special to Tammy till she willing to clean her desk immediately after found out that he will be coming to his office! hahahahaha with WET TISSUE! ... Morgan new look is damn SEXY! don't you all agree with me???? The way he stand and look.... damn... it is sooo seducing.. even Tammy feel hot! hahahahha. He even dare to say "Team Lead (Tammy), you are being inappropriate. Stop undressing me in your head" this part i can't stop laughing as i am thinking that too! OMG!

4. Scarlet should give another hit at that Pyo Joon Soo .. how can he simply call her other people's name? hahahhaahhaha

5. When the CEO says he pay for the dinner.. usually all employees won't be attending.. I am one of them as well.. hahahahhahaha.. Brian is not exceptional hahahahahhahaha

6. Did i miss something.. did anyone know why Tammy not want to married? 

7. Scarlet got so angry that her favorite actor Ji Hwan's character got kill off in the drama... the way she get the director to change the storyline is amazing by having identical twins.. from the supporting actor to main lead? hahahahaha "is it more important than your rating?" wow! what a strong phrase !!!!

8. I like the way Morgan try to express his feeling to Tammy. NO matter how many times she push him away.. he try his very best to come back .. each time he faced a wall, he regretted it that he slept with her. No matter how hard he try, there is another wall to block it. Finally now he doesn't want to face the wall.. the way he ask tammy whether she think of him today and yesterday.. with Tammy reply.. he knew that Tammy loves him as much as he did... 

9. my heart was so ache when he bid Tammy goodbye and walk away.. how i wish Tammy will hold his hand to stop him... but Tammy did  not

10. when the lift open and he was there standing.. i hope Tammy just go in and give him a hug or a kiss but .. she didn't... 

11. The ending was DAEBAK! "Should I stay" he asked and Tammy "Oh" .. and ends it will kissing scene.....aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I love it soo much.. 

Gosh i got to wait another 6 days for episode 9 !!!! 

I'm so in love with this drama. I was attracted to it because of the strong women. Love the three of them of them. I especially love Bae Ta Mi. I love how she is exceptional at her job, with all the flaws. She is not a make believe character. She exist. I'm sure of it.

I've been lurking on this page for a couple of weeks. Enjoying the comments, nodding and agreeing to a lot of the comments.

Yet, your comments above prompted me to write. Why? Because out of the 11 points above, 10 of them was exactly in my mind. SO instead of smiling and nodding in agreement like before, I wanted to say - "Hi-Five! Thank you for expressing my thoughts!"

The exception was 6.. because I had always assumed she was consumed with her career, no time for it. But your question did give me a second look; did she had a bad relationship that close it out for her. NOw.. I wonder whether we will get more information about this or it was just the trigger to create the almost break up.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At times I wonder if the actresses and actors had swapped script in this show. The women are acting like men and the men like women. Ta Mi X-Ray Morgan; telling him she can't let him go in public wearing like that & that he has no idea what women would think are things that men do. Ta Mi being the one who is resistance to being tied down by love/marriage is another. I do like the twist. If men can do it, why not women?

What is marriage? Does a couple need "marriage" to be happy? Do we need "marriage" as a promise to be loyal to one another? Do we really need marriage to start a family? Do people understand what marriage encompass & the sacrifices need to be made in real life?

We were groomed to believe when a couple gets married it means happily ever after - because it's how it always plays out in story books, romantic movies or dramas. It's instilled into us that we all eventually must find someone and start a family of our own because it is the way of life for our parents, grandparents and ancestors. But is it really? Or is it the society & teachings that shape us into thinking marriage is important in our life? Marriage is only the beginning of two people from different family, different living habits and/or personalities united together and live under the same roof. Marriage also encompasses accepting your partner's family as your own.

Like Ta Mi has said, two different people being together means one will need to cave in to the other, compromise, but she loves herself more than anyone else (so she should!) and she doesn't want to change for that person, and it's not fair for her to expect the other person to change for her too.

It's also natural for the people in the 21st century to doubt marriage. The divorce rate is higher & becoming a norm. Surely we have all heard of SongSong's couple news by now. It once again verified that love is no longer everything and isn't enough to sustain us. Personally I feel that therein lies a reason that things were much more simpler in the oldern days that people are more simple minded and wanted less, therefore  marriage life is less complex too, but now, having a comfortable life has become so much harder with so much bills to pay, worries etc.

Back in the old days, being divorce bring shame to the family and has very negative impact on the women. But women are becoming stronger now; women are also changing, fighting for gender equality; pursuing a career and encourage to chase their dreams instead of being confined to a house and play housewife. BUT, being a career woman and a mother is still very difficult in current societies. Ta Mi is right about that it's hard enough to earn a living for herself, and once she gets married and start a family, all her earnings have to contribute to her family AND extended families. Women are also the one making the most sacrifices in the marriage—once they are pregnant they have to put their career on hold. Depending on where you are, your job position could be kept for you for a year, but some countries may not be so lucky. Then they'd have to go back to work only as part-timers since they've to take care of the babies (I haven't met any men given up on their career for their family). They'd have to leave early or skip work when the child is sick. After work, women then have to do grocery shopping, cook and feed the family. They also have to do housework. Women in Asian countries also have the duty to take care of their in-laws. Marriage just don't sound very romantic as the movies played out...

Now, after reading this... I hope I haven't turned anyone away from marriage. Hahahahahahaha. :ph34r:

Search Query: WWW: Episode 4

by LollyPip

Search04-00236.jpg

Our favorite grumpy heroine continues to waffle over her feelings for a certain persistent suitor, and her confusion results in his finally showing her his more vulnerable side. Meanwhile, the debate over whether real-time rankings should be tampered with rages on at both search engine companies, but nobody realizes how important the issue really is until the very real results of their decisions hit close to home.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/search-query-www-episode-4/

@mademoisellesia Bravo:thumbsup:. You just took my thoughts and put it in words:). Like you said, marriage is different than before. Things are not the same anymore. True, there are few marriages that work out because both partners put a lot of effort to make it work. But in TM case, I'm with her because I'm similar to her in her view in marriage lol. Though I feel sorry for Morgan:dissapointed_relieved:......... It's really hard to take care of yourself:(, imagine you have to take care of someone else. I have an absolute respect for people who are already married and deal with everything that comes their way:thumbsup:. Absolute respect chingu:D.

Chingu, you already did lol:mrgreen:...... Just joking:D. I should show your post to my friends ( Who are all married by the way) so that they will leave me alone when they ask me when it's my turn lol:sweat_smile::glasses::joy:.

42 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

Is anyone wondering what the soap star is searching on Barro Everyday??surely that was not some throwaway comment...and him suddenly distancing himself from Scarlett???

I'm wondering too chingu. It's like he distanced himself from Scarlett when he found out she works for Barro. I hope it's nothing too serious:(

Besides, it's weird how he has no agency, his name not in the internet, no manager, uses old phone like he doesn't want to be traced:mellow:. This is weird........

Oh yes ...he has no internet footprint.....literally off grid...bizarre... it has the sweet makings of a little romance but seemed to just turn sinister...im more invested in this bizarre pairing than in the main OTP...there’s only so much intense gazing I can take...

though did love how they turned the tables on the cheater

I really feel that this show is seriously brilliant and experimental on so many levels. For one, it’s like watching a drama and getting two-for-one with a drama-in-a-drama (WWWMMIL). And then all the boundaries they’re breaking with the female characters. There’s a very American-drama-ish vibe to the entire show so far which is somewhat interesting for me, cos it’s also still quite Asian in feel. Breaking new grounds in genre and storytelling approaches here? Hoping TVN keeps up the momentum here. 

10 hours ago, elizabeth said:

OST Part 4: Sam Kim- Scent

I love this song. :wub:

thanks! I also love this song. haven't found the english translation to this song's lyrics though, curious what the song's meanings :)

yeah I also think this drama is a bit american-drama-ish where the other supporting characters also have their own interesting stories, great fashion

tammy is so straightforward lol

2 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

Is anyone wondering what the soap star is searching on Barro Everyday??surely that was not some throwaway comment...and him suddenly distancing himself from Scarlett???

myb it has something to do with normal & abnormal issue like Scarlett and Alex discussed?

I keep questioning myself, why am i more invested in Scarlett x Seol Ji Hwan's story rather than tammy x morgan? -_-

While I liked TM view of marriage because I can relate to her currently, Morgan's view was interesting as well. I wonder if he grow up on his own. The way he said he wanted a family on his own and live happily together with them sounded like he either didn't grow up with one or they were simply not there for him. I remember in EP 7, he told TM his mom gave him an English name because she may have known he will grow up abroad. What do you Chingus think?

1 hour ago, angels_natdylax05 said:

I keep questioning myself, why am i more invested in Scarlett x Seol Ji Hwan's story rather than tammy x morgan? -_-

I asked myself that question, too, and I think I know the answer.  Although I like the strong female roles in this drama, I do Not like it when one person in a romantic relationship treats the other person as though they are of less value. 

It has genuinely been bothering me that Tammy is basically jerking Morgan around; and it's worse that he is allowing it.  We would not like it if the roles were reversed and it was a man treating a woman in this manner and she was tolerating it, so I don't think it is acceptable just because the dominant partner is female.  

There are some things that I am enjoying about this drama (like the female bonding) but I dislike the relationships and the power tripping.

Finally caught up with this show!

i am shook about the news of the song song couple. Off topic, but relevant to my thoughts on BTMs reservations about marriage. Hearing about their divorce announcement was like being hit back to reality with cold water. Their marriage seemed like a fairy tale ending from a Hearing them not work out is that the brutal truth how real life doesn’t imitate kdramas. I think in this case, they’re trying to show a unique character that doesn’t see her fairy tale ending being marriage, but just having a partner for the rest of her life while she works. Is it wrong to not believe in marriage? I think it would have even even more controversial if she took a child free stance too (that she doesn’t want to just not get married but also she never have kids, which I think she did also mention yeah? Just didn’t say it outright). Fililial piety and family is extremely important in SK. So what to do in a current society where some modern day women want to take advantage of their freedom not to be tied down and married, especially when back in the day some didn’t even have a choice (I think her boss Brian had even mentioned something like that before he asked them about if they planned to get married). The thing about BTM is, I feel like she’s in denial and that when she was invited to her ex’s wedding, the truth was she didn’t want to marry HIM, but I think deep down she was hinting that she would waver for PM but I guess she’s scared. I may be wrong though. It’s interesting we get flashbacks of GG and CH in high school but we haven’t seen any from BTM besides the one with her and GG at the beginning if the company even though she’s the female lead. I’m not sure if maybe she doesn’t want to get married because she saw how her parents fell apart or what.

8 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

It could be he’s googling himself to see if a wiki page or something was finally made for him? Ahhh I really ship these two! Scarlet is literally us when we watch kdramas, and then meet our favorite character and then probably want we would do if wanted back in the show (go on set and give absurd storyline less insane than the actual script). But I tell you the truth, even though I love this pairing I was a little disappointed nothing has really festered between Scarlett and GG. At the beginning of the show, BTM comments how she asks her coworker if he has a lover and he says it’s GF modern day but she said that on purpose to be vague in case he was ‘bi or gay’. I thought that was the first hint that this show might have a non-straight couple. I sensed the chemistry in their first scene together at the bar, when she saves her outside when she’s smoking. I was so excited for their scenes and kinda bummed that they didn’t have another one together till a few episodes later so I wasn’t sure if maybe the writers back pedaled in having a girls’ love story. I’m all here for it. Jut as I’m here for a female lead that doesn’t want to get married or have kids like most societies expect of women, I’m ready to see a same sex relationship on kdramas to pave the way for more LGBTQ characters/pairings (I wonder if the lack of gender bender genres have to do with maybe SK acknowledging transgenders and thinking gender benders aren’t politically correct?)

Now here’s the thing, I have a lot to say and I forgot mr of it but this I remember cause it’s been bugging me the whole show. WHY does GG hate BTM so much? Okay so we can justify that everything GG did company related at the beginning, getting BTM to testify as their shield than firing instead of letting her reign then slapping her for working in another company, but what about when she fired PM? And just what happened that she switch from a role model sunbae to BTM to feeling okay to backstabbing her? It is a bit confusing but then you see how GG depends BTM when CH talks bad about BTM in front of elevator at Godori’s apartment. BTM comments how not everyone turns out like GG who had similar situation and it’s her bad decisions that are to blame not her unfortunate past (when CH was recalling past and defending GG for how she turned out now). I wondered if BTM went through something similiar - she came from a rich upbringing then family became poor from bankruptcy. So is it that GG sees BTM as who she could have been if she made better decisions or didn’t have a marriage of convenience that made her a slave to the MIL (lol side note I would love to see scarlet witness their interactions and be like omg this is a real life kdrama happening haha I always think of that whenever the serious scenes between MIL and GG happen. Also what is with the MIL and young men, drawing them then tattooing then? Can someone please explain this?)

Don't worry..I am single not just by choice but also by circumstance. So not to worry, you haven't put me off marriage, nor did you motivate me to consider marriage either aha! @mademoisellesia

I think that's one of the things that compelled me to keep watchin' this drama (although honestly there's nothin' else on!) is the breaking of stereotypes/cliches we've become so accustomed to in many..many other dramas. It's refreshing for sure. I admit I initially tuned in for the romance - Ta-Mi & Mo-Gan basically; could care less for the tech stuff (still don't) But it's gettin' tiring to keep seeing Ta-Mi & Mo-Gan do this dance back and forth for 7-8 ep. now~ Ta-Mi also needs to make her mind up and stick to it. She knows she likes Mo-Gan..it's just that she's bogged down by her career. And while she's bein' realistic, she can't deny it's nice to have someone to lean on. I get the bit where she told Brian, Why Fix If It Ain't Broken? And she barely has time for herself, how could she devote time for another, let alone a relationship? Having said that, I'm really glad both Ta-Mi and Mo-Gan are honest with each other & communicate openly.   

Yea that came off as a Hmm~ moment for me too LoL @mushforbrains Like is there somethin' more to it..?! And the fact he has very conventional ideas for someone so young but uses such an old school phone - a 2G one at that! When he brought out his flip phone, I actually gasped 'cause those things are like a relic LoL. He comes across pretty harmless (for the most part) & really well-mannered, sweet too. I hope there's a loveline in the works for those 2 'cause as butch as Scarlett is, she could use some tenderness:D 

I wonder about the same stuff too @philosophie Why is Ga-Gyeong so hell bent on ruining Ta-Mi? Is it because deep down she envies her? 

As for the MIL, she's comin' off such a try hard to be swag ain't she LMFAo?!:w00t: The tattoo thing is 'cause when tattooing..the person she tattoos reacts or something like that. She sounds repressed if anything LoL:P And the styling on Ga-Gyeong, Scarlett as well as the lady who appears to be Ga-Gyeong's assistant not sure? They are all dressed quite masculine, with 1 of 'em in a full blown man's suit & tie. I didn't like Ga-Gyeong's outfit for the race. Like what was that?! It looked like she grabbed a picnic blanket and draped it across her chest:crazy:<_<  

@lu09

I still can't quite get myself used to them havin' English names aha. Mainly Mo-Gan & the entire Barro Team. But while they mostly have names that suit them, I was hoping a better more powerful name for Ta-Mi LoL?! Mo-Gan's views on marriage seem idealistic almost, while Ta-Mi's more cynical but practical. It'd be interesting to see how they both end up..

I don't think GG is trying to ruin BTM...I think she gave in to her MIL to defend unicon for the hearing...then BTM stood her ground.... And went to barro....

So now it's a rivalry... then of course there is the Scarlett angle.... they obviously go way back and there is an undercurrent of attraction/hero worship etc...

Love that they made the characters super strong...though could do without the menswear references...

So am loving the scarlett character best  ... she played a similar role in the lee min ki drama and kind of let it develop from there...

11 hours ago, lu09 said:

Besides, it's weird how he has no agency, his name not in the internet, no manager, uses old phone like he doesn't want to be traced:mellow:. This is weird........

No agency, no manager & can't be found on internet are because he's not a well-established actor in the business. I learnt from an actor's fan that the agency will take certain % from actor's earnings to manage his affairs. The actor also has to pay for stylist, cody etc. whenever he has an activity. Seol Ji Hwan isn't earning enough from the morning drama to afford all this. That leaves using an old 2G phone, I kind of think this is more realistic for someone who's poor. But I don't doubt his reason for wanting to separate a phone from TV and internet too. Sometimes I do think these are all distractions we don't need (but now I can't live without!) & the phone screen keeps getting bigger & bigger coz we want to put all in 1. LOL, I was rewatching ep8 & Ji Hwan said he's on Barro everyday looking for something, what's the bet that he's looking at inchworms? :D:D:D

As for Morgan, according to his character description, his full name is Morgan Park Taylor. Unlike others, he has two mothers. His birth mother had no choice but to abandon him and he was adopted to Australia. Depending on how happy his adopted life was, maybe it isn't good so this would explain why he wanted a family of his own.

D-E1gyaXoAAwdTF.jpg:large

Looks like Morgan spent a night at Ta Mi's in the next episode, and I'm extremely curious where the clothes he wore are from. From an ex-fish? Just look at that pants, hahahaha!

@thistle I don't think it is an intentional power play or jerking around. She's in battle with her mind and heart. Her mind clearly thinks there's no good ending to this relationship, but her heart is the opposite. We can't see every obstacles we face until we begin a relationship & the marriage issue is their first after Morgan enters her aquarium. It's natural that she'd take a step back again since she is so adamant & confident that she won't change & has no intention to change. This rings true coz she hasn't changed for the past 38 years. Meanwhile Morgan is 28 & is shown in their convo to believe things may change once they are together. Morgan allows Ta Mi's push & pull because he is confident Ta Mi likes him. There's that part of me that thinks good on Ta Mi because men can't have it too easily otherwise they won't cherish the woman! Ta Mi isn't dominating over him coz from the very beginning, Morgan always has the upper hand in Ta Mi's feelings. What is interesting is, as Ta Mi resisted Morgan more, his confidence falters. SO MUCH FEELS there though I love it.

_____

While the young ones have the luxury to explore options, love & "waste time" on trialing various relationships, the older ones become more reserve & picky because it's tiresome having to invest energy & time. If they have extra time on hands, they'd rather invest on something more stable & fruitful. I like that WWW is exploring this trend in life & showing us the differences between the life/beliefs of the young and the older.

18 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

What is interesting is, as Ta Mi resisted Morgan more, his confidence falters.

That is exactly what I do not like.  She is treating him like he is not valuable to her.  He's just one of the fish in her aquarium and he can't leave it.  She's making rules on him.  It isn't an equal and fair relationship, and it's definitely taking a toll on his confidence. That means there is something wrong with the way she has treated him.  Love makes you stonger, it doesn't turn you into something less.

One thing that really bothered me was how he was apologizing to her saying that he shouldn't have slept with her on the first date and that is why he thinks their relationship hasn't worked.  He is basically apologizing to her for having sex.  Now, exactly how often do we see women cowering before men who have devalued them by sleeping with them and then throwing them away?  This is no different.  And it is still wrong because one person has power and is taking it away from the other.

18 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

There's that part of me that thinks good on Ta Mi because men can't have it too easily otherwise they won't cherish the woman! 

That's not creating a relationship.  That's just a power game, and it isn't what mature people do.  It doesn't work, and the couple ends up unhappy and unable to trust one another.

@thistle We may have interpreted their relationship differently. My understanding of Morgan's confidence faltering is coz he realises that even though he knows Ta Mi has feelings for him, love/like isn't enough for Ta Mi to jump into the fiery pit (figuratively) with him. It falters as he learns his beliefs are very different to hers. Morgan is portrayed to be the one chasing after Ta Mi a lot at the beginning, but in the last 4 episodes we can clearly see a shift and Ta Mi is more proactive calling & seeking out Morgan too. But love still isn't a priority for her that's all. It's just two very different people handling their love life. It's not like Ta Mi is intentionally playing hard to get with Morgan.

I personally don't believe there's really an equal/fair relationship. We can work towards that & find an acceptable by both parties middle ground, but there's always one that has to compromise more than the other. And this to me is already not fair, but it's what must be done for two different people to be together.

Unfortunately I don't remember Morgan apologising for sleeping with her whether in past or this weeks' episodes. I know he wonders/regrets thinking whether things may have been different between them if he hadn't. It's his interpretation (and wishful thinking), not Ta Mi's & I don't think she ever had the intention to make him feel lesser. However, I don't think that was really the issue for Ta Mi. As a matter of fact, I think it actually gives Morgan the advantage. For Ta Mi, it was their age difference that first stumped her & other things that's more of her prority e.g her career, bet with Scarlett & Barro/Unicon. Then the marriage issue came along. It's a big deal for them both so that's why Morgan loses confident since he can't ask such big sacrifice from Ta Mi.

As for your last comment (and mine), it's applicable to a lot of things/relationships in life and it's subjective. 

10 hours ago, lu09 said:

While I liked TM view of marriage because I can relate to her currently, Morgan's view was interesting as well. I wonder if he grow up on his own. The way he said he wanted a family on his own and live happily together with them sounded like he either didn't grow up with one or they were simply not there for him. I remember in EP 7, he told TM his mom gave him an English name because she may have known he will grow up abroad. What do you Chingus think?

Could he be the son of an Important figure, son of a mistress or something like that..??

Archived