[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Lascivious Lady / Jue Shi Qian Jin / 绝世千金

RPM

Lascivious Lady 

006XXCm4ly1fz6dh9jukrj30qo0zkdqx.jpg

Native Title: 绝世千金

Also Known As: Lascivious Lady , Jue Shi Qian Jin , 好色千金 , Hao Se Qian Jin , 絕世千金

Genres: Historical, Comedy, Romance

Episodes: 24

Aired: Jan 17, 2019 - Feb 23, 2019

CAST : 

1. Simon Gong as Zhong Wu Mei

2. Zheng Jiao Hong as Lin Luo Jing

3. Alen Fang as Liu Xiu Wen

4. Li Ting Zhe as Zhong Shi Li

5. Liu Ting Yu as Hua Ying Yun

6. Qiu Hao Xuan as Jin Chen

PLOT

Lin Luo Jing (Zheng Qiu Hong) accidentally gets drawn into a game world where she is the daughter of the prime minister and meets all kind of beautiful men. The system informs her that she can only return to the real world after she finds her true love. While there seems to be an abundance of good men around Luo Jing, there is one man she can’t stand at all: the prince  of the barbarian Yuan Kingdom Zhong Wu Mei (Gong Jun). But out of all men, she ends up in an arranged marriage with Wu Mei. Thus begins their love-hate relationship.

(Source: CdramaBase)

~~ Based on a game.

006XXCm4ly1fz9fkvsm13j31jk0v4e82.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finished this in 2 days. This is so good and underrated because there aren't English subs yet. I ended up watching this because the director directed S1 the eternal love. The story is unique and some parts you can tell the actors/actresses are fresh/new, but overall not cringy and sort of natural. The OST is also overall pretty good!

Alen Fang and Simon Gong are cute :D I'd like to see more of their works and our female lead is cute too! I noticed there are a lot of singers turned actor/actresses in this web series--considering our female lead, first and second guy leads lent their voices to the OST.

Does anyone know why 24 episodes were split into S1 (12) and S2 (12)? I see floating comments about how people want S3 and I agree! I feel like there should be more to the story than where it had ended. Maybe S3 could be all the characters were brought to the modern world or Xiao Jing stays in the game world and never gets out? O_O

I hope we get more BTS videos!

Spoiler

On 2/1/2019 at 12:15 PM, whome said:

I watched this quickly, and I'm so confused. I need to re-watch this again to clear up any confusions I have. So, LJ has all these men who are in love with her, but she married and only loves WM, correct?

So LJ is from the modern times. She was playing a video game and she got sucked into the game world. Think of her role playing as the main girl. Basically in the game/story there are select choices she can pick which will lead to a different storyline/adventure like those RPG games. She gets 5 lives to live before "game over".

And there are 4 guys where she picks which one she'll like for her love line for the story to go through (this is based on the video game--because you can only win if you find "true love"). Apparently, this drama picks the WM loveline and it does seem like in the game she is engaged and does marry WM (who's the male lead). 

I know it's so confusing and not cool when this is not subbed. :X 

Check out the spoiler for the video game the drama was based off (I started watching this and the drama follows the game pretty closely. I haven't watched the other videos for the other lovelines yet.  As you can see there are 4 or 5 different endings depending who the player wants to end up with.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, angelangie said:

Love the story..... :) it was pretty fast however there they didnt really show that the girl went back to her real world...i still love the ending they provided all together :) 

even though i cringe when they show LuoJing going all gaga over guys lols

YES! I love how fast pace this is. I unknowingly finished it in two days. LJ going gaga over guys is the best~~ so hilarious.

Spoiler

Based on the video game videos I was watching, she ends up back in the real world and meets a guy that looks like WM then somehow ends up back in the game. 

32 minutes ago, angelangie said:

ooooo......anyway im glad they still have them together :) 

Spoiler

Starts from 14:30, but my reading comp isn't that good to understand fully why she's in the real world and then back into the game? O_O

Yeah if you think about it, if LJ picks a different guy to like he would technically become the male lead in the game. I only watched the WM loveline, but looks like Jin Chen (King's right hand guy) and another guy whom I don't think showed up in the drama are also selectable interests in the game. 

Found this on the official  drama webio page. So hilarious I had to share. Original post: https://s.weibo.com/weibo?q=%23红黄蓝绿NPC天天见%23&Refer=weibo_weibo

Basically it's saying that the game designer got lazy with the Non-Playing Characters, that their faces all look the same (Think Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny's in the Pokemon game/anime). From the picture, regular civilians, maidens at the brothel, servants at the prince's manor, government official's wives, are literally played by these same 4 actresses :D 

006XXCm4ly1fzauz5al1lj313o3shqvc.jpg

On 2/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, Yui. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Starts from 14:30, but my reading comp isn't that good to understand fully why she's in the real world and then back into the game? O_O

Yeah if you think about it, if LJ picks a different guy to like he would technically become the male lead in the game. I only watched the WM loveline, but looks like Jin Chen (King's right hand guy) and another guy whom I don't think showed up in the drama are also selectable interests in the game. 

Found this on the official  drama webio page. So hilarious I had to share. Original post: https://s.weibo.com/weibo?q=%23红黄蓝绿NPC天天见%23&Refer=weibo_weibo

Basically it's saying that the game designer got lazy with the Non-Playing Characters, that their faces all look the same (Think Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny's in the Pokemon game/anime). From the picture, regular civilians, maidens at the brothel, servants at the prince's manor, government official's wives, are literally played by these same 4 actresses :D 

Thanks for pointing this out, I never noticed and totally thought they were different people.

4 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Waiting on English subs for this but how is it doing? Also who is the best guy, fans are rooting for? And I don't know who is who, so explain who you are talking about!

Did u see @lan_lan post above??? She is subbing this.  PM her and u get the link on her FB and enjoy this with subs. 

On 2/6/2019 at 5:22 AM, scarletlover1 said:

Waiting on English subs for this but how is it doing? Also who is the best guy, fans are rooting for? And I don't know who is who, so explain who you are talking about!

583-D72-A6-D397-461-F-916-C-09-D577-F45-

Guy 1:Hua Ying Chi

Wears white all the time. He is connected to Luo Jing’s past life as a disciple of an immortal sect and is nearly always around when she is in danger.

50-C8-FD9-F-0-D82-45-A5-89-B4-51-D26-C96

Guy 2:Liu Xiu Wen

On the surface he is a guard at the Prime Minister’s mansion, but in reality he is a prince of a fallen kingdom. He goes undercover in the Prime Ministers mansion to gather evidence against him for his master. He is willing to sacrifice everything for Luo Jing

61-FE8-AD9-791-B-417-C-A44-E-DCE4-D86311

Guy 3: Jiang Xuan Yu

He is the son of a rich family and is best friends with Zhong Wu Mei.He is a frequent visitor to a brothel (not sure if he owns it). He is the best friend type guy so Luo Jing sees him only as a friend.

BCF7-EFC5-B817-4-C26-9184-0975-E007016-B

Guy 4: Zhong Wu Mei

He is the emperor’s younger brother and seems to be unloved by him. His mother died when he was young and he was unloved by his father. He was ordered to marry Luo Jing by his brother the emperor and eventually grows to love her.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:36 AM, angelangie said:

well i think it is mainly because it a low budget production hence they kinda make it the same 4 female playing the different minor roles hahahaa and yea probably they got lazy mainly i think lols :D kinda save cost dont you think? :D 

I think that's one reason. The other is XD a parody of video games. Like officer Jennys and Nurse Joys in Pokemon games. I noticed they were the same at the brothel and as regular civilians. I didn't realize they were the same as the servants at the manor until I saw the meme/post haha. It's the female lead in the drama that pointed out that the game designers were lazy --hence that's why it was funny.

Archived