[Current Mainland Chinese drama 2019] I HEAR YOU/THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING 最动听的事

pad-hari

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@angelangie thanks for the shout out.  What!!!! they cut sweet scenes!!!  C dramas are weird though.  It's only 20 episodes, but cut scenes. They could have either added an additional  episode or increase the duration.  But recently,  they have extended 40 episodes drama to 50 episodes without any scope for story development.  What's happening???  Anyhow will watch these videos and enjoy them.  Thank you @Lotflow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awww, @raziela you are watching this gem.  Enjoy!!!  Have you finished?  I felt the ML acting starts stiff but gets better as show moves on.  I love  Zhao Lusi.  She is cute.:kiss_wink:

Just let us know your thoughts finally.:wub:

Thanks for the link.  Maybe I will try to watch this once again.

18 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Awww, @raziela you are watching this gem.  Enjoy!!!  Have you finished?  I felt the ML acting starts stiff but gets better as show moves on.  I love  Zhao Lusi.  She is cute.:kiss_wink:

Just let us know your thoughts finally.:wub:

Thanks for the link.  Maybe I will try to watch this once again.

Hello!:D We meet again :P

I haven't started yet as I have been looking around for good subs. These ones are the best I have managed to find but I still need to find episode 1 and 2 then I can actually start watching! 

Thanks so much for your recommendation. Will definitely post what I think once I get started! Thanks for the warning about the male lead. I always feel like the cold, arrogant lead types are difficult to get right but I will try to give his acting time after your warning lol:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the drama! I adored both the leads and their chemistry:heart: As suggested by @pad-hari I gave Riley Wang a chance.  I wasn't sure about his performance at the beginning of the drama and but I'm glad I stuck around as I loved his Ye Shu Wei by the end.  

I liked that  Bei Er Duo went after their dreams.  Zhao Lu Si was lovable, smart and strong without being air headed or annoying like some female leads and I wanted her to achieve her goals and stay happy with Ye Shu Wei. 

My one criticism is why did they pick such young actors to play much older characters.  Neither the lead actor or actress looked believable as a 23 and 27 year old.

I also liked that her best friend walked away from her fickle boss and being underappreciated in her job and did what was best for her in her career and personal life.  Too many dramas romanticise these unhealthy relationships were girls act like doormats and are kept hanging until the guy notices them.  Mars was also the first believable white actor I've seen in a C-drama :lol:

17 minutes ago, angelangie said:

actually they werent very far off the mark lols

Zhao LuSi is 20 and Riley is 23 :D they probably look young hehehehe

Apparently they filmed this back in summer 2017 so Zhao Lu Si was only 18 playing a 23 year old and Riley was only 21 playing a 27 year old. They both looked too young because they were too young. They should have just lowered the ages of the characters IMO. I'm surprised we even got good kiss scenes but Riley is Taiwanese and Taiwanese actors really know how to kiss :flushed:

Ist isn't just the male lead, it is the female also. And the director. If he/she accepts stiff and awkward acting then even two stones put on each other would be looking hotter.

1 hour ago, usagi1997 said:

Ist isn't just the male lead, it is the female also. And the director. If he/she accepts stiff and awkward acting then even two stones put on each other would be looking hotter.

True! It's a team effort in a drama. Great the female actress was a willing to participate in the kiss and not stand there like a statue. And the director directed the scenes and actors in a romantic way.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:02 AM, angelangie said:

Well Riley's GF Yao Yao is 4 years older than him hehehehe

She looks older than 4 yo older actually. haha Lol...If she wants to get married soon considering she's hitting her 30's one would wonder this lead is way young for any of that.  He's also way cuter. lol

On 5/3/2019 at 2:24 AM, angelangie said:

i seen alot of Cdrama where their kissing scene is just a normal paste up of lips :x

So true which was why I was very surprised that their simple kissing scenes were done nicely esp the one by the beach.  They were even younger back then since this was filmed in 2017.  Some kissing scenes literally it's just pasting of lips NO movement whatsoever. lol...Those are annoying might as well cut the kissing scenes.  

I caught this thanks to @pad-hari !

I love Zhao Lu Si. She so adorable!! Cute but not overdoing it, earnest and natural. I also liked the storyline of her BFF in the show; she’s logical, strong, high self awareness and not afraid to take the bull by the horns.

Other than the Italian guy, I don’t have much of an impression of the men in the drama. The male lead has one expression..ok, maybe two faces thru it all. The blocks he works with for violins clearly have more variety. Heh. Deep dimples thou. 

Zhao Lu Si is also in oh my emperor - anyone seen n wld recommend that? 

2 hours ago, rocat said:

Zhao Lu Si is also in oh my emperor - anyone seen n wld recommend that

Awww, no worries.  Thank you for following my recommendation.  Hope u liked it from your comment above.

Actually myself and @angelangiewatched oh my emperor after seeing Zhao Lusi from this drama trailer.  I liked it and will surely recommend it to watch.  Cute drama.  Happy watching!!!!!

Actually I can give you another input for watching a drama if someone recommends you.  Go to that particular drama thread and read the comments from various soompiers and see if the genre is to your taste and it will give you some idea about it.  Jaiyou!!!!:love:

Archived