Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bula  All of this wasn’t shown in the drama. But I guess they changed how they work together to activate her cold illness to the max  :tears::tears:  Once they fought XiaHou.... :tears:

 

i think it was only shown when they were under attack when they were escorting Princess LiYu back to the town....

 

SangSang and NingQue knew each other.....and they protected each other.....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

i think it was only shown when they were under attack when they were escorting Princess LiYu back to the town....

 

SangSang and NingQue knew each other.....and they protected each other.....

Now I remember that scene, thanks for reminding me chingu @angelangie  

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Now I remember that scene, thanks for reminding me chingu @angelangie  

 

it was the only scene that show they sync toward each other and also their inner radar together.....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

it was the only scene that show they sync toward each other and also their inner radar together.....

This is what made me so disappointed @angelangie.  Then they went to made Ning Que cry when she left. He clearly stater jujst liking isn't enough. For him liking Sang Sang isn't enough. :wub::wub:  that is why he told her , she should never leave him because he can't imagine a life without her. :wub::wub:  Then they decided to add another female ( YHY ) to liking Ning Que. if they go that route they need to have another man try to woo Sang Sang, Right chingu????

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

This is what mad me so disappointed @angelangie.  Then they went to made Ning Que cry when she left. He clearly stater jujst liking isn't enough. For him liking Sang Sang isn't enough. :wub::wub:  that is why he told her , she should never leave him because he can't imagine a life without her. :wub::wub:  Then they decided to add another female ( YHY ) to liking Ning Que. if they go that route they need to have another man try to woo Sang Sang, Right chingu????

 

 

i dunno i hope they do....this is to level the playing field after all................im not sure where this will lead to and we can only hope for the best i guess......

 

also there are parts in the series that didnt show the urgency NingQue should felt when he realize that SangSang had ran away from home......they only briefly glance thru it and instead show the fight in between SangSang and NingQue which was over the top......i dont think that SangSang & NingQue did really fight that bad in the book

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

 

i dunno i hope they do....this is to level the playing field after all................im not sure where this will lead to and we can only hope for the best i guess......

 

also there are parts in the series that didnt show the urgency NingQue should felt when he realize that SangSang had ran away from home......they only briefly glance thru it and instead show the fight in between SangSang and NingQue which was over the top......i dont think that SangSang & NingQue did really fight that bad in the book

@angelangie  I didn''t  get the screaming match between them. It was way over the top and made SS act like a child. Sang Sang is the most mature character in the novel. One minute she is mature and the next she acts like a child. Where is the woman , who can always outwit her young master with a few words, cry because he didn't come pick her up when he said he would. It just didn't feel right. I think it is because they refused to cut the MSS's sene in the drama , so they did not even bother to make the bond stronger. :bawling::bawling:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:bawling::bawling::bawling:   NQ is so pitiful...he let in and fully trusted very few people in his life and he lost most of them in such a short period of his life.

 

Chapter 716

Ning Que finally could take a rest. The fear and tension inside his heart suddenly erupted all at once. He could no longer control his emotions and he had to see the City of Wei for once by himself

Several generals of the Tang Army expressed their strong opposition. Under the background of the Golden Palace's invasion, no matter how powerful he was, once he was surrounded alone, he could do nothing but die. 

Everyone knew why Ning Que wanted to go there, but it had been a long time. What could be changed even if he did go there? 

Eventually, the Queen agreed to let him go and left a group of cavalry to escort him. 

"Seven City Fortress could not have held out." 

Seeing the dozens of riders rushing toward the western wilderness, Han Qing frowned and said, "It's pointless. Why does he insist on seeing what has happened?

The Queen said, "There are many things that people won't give up unless they see it with their own eyes. Although Ning Que isn't an ordinary person, there is no difference between him and ordinary people in this regard.

The City of Wei was just around the corner. 

The quiet city was located in the deserted wilderness. When the wind blew, the ashes on the wall would fall down onto the chopping boards of meat stalls and into the wine urns that had been left uncovered. 

The City of Wei was still primitive and crude. The gate was broken, as usual, which when locked from the inside, would be very difficult to break through even with siege vehicles. 

The City of Wei was extraordinarily quiet on this day. Black traces could be faintly seen inside of the old ash that had accumulated under the wall. They did not know whether it was from blood coagulation or something else

Ning Que waved to the cavalry to stop

He jumped off his horse, walked over to the gate, and pushed it open. The slanted gate fell down, raising clouds of dust. He stood at the gate in silence for a long time and then walked inside

The cavalrymen on horses watched him enter the City of Wei with complicated emotions. 

Ning Que walked out of the City of Wei after a long time

The expression on his face was still calm, his back was still straight, and his right hand resting on the hilt was still stable. No change could be seen, as if he had seen nothing in the City of Wei

"How is the situation inside?" asked a cavalry officer

Ning Que shook his head and said, "Nothing's left." 

The officer frowned slightly and asked several cavalrymen to go inside. 

Ning Que said in a low voice, "Don't go in." 

The cavalrymen turned to the officer and received no more orders. They lifted the reins, heading into the City of Wei. 

Ning Que did not turn around as he shouted, "Don't!" 

His voice was very loud and violent, like thunder, exploding in the wilderness outside the City of Wei. The horses under the cavalrymen were frightened by the sound and everyone stood up

A broken wine banner swayed gently in the City of Wei. 

Hearing Ning Que's angry roar, they finally understood what had happened in the City of Wei

Nobody insisted on going to see

Ning Que walked toward his horse

With each step, his head lowered and his body became heavier

"
When I left, I told you... don't get old, don't die, wait for my filial obedience... What about now? You, old fox, always lied to me," Ning Que muttered to himself

Then he laughed sadly

 

NQ and SS sent money to the soldiers in the city of Wei, that's how much this place meant to them.  So to lose the very first place they called home and the people that were the first friends and mentors in life soon after losing SS...ooof.

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

With each step, his head lowered and his body became heavier

"
When I left, I told you... don't get old, don't die, wait for my filial obedience... What about now? You, old fox, always lied to me," Ning Que muttered to himself

Then he laughed sadly

 

this was shown in the drama itself....and to me it is so meaningful....the place they called home....even though they had move on...this is the place that they were shown the sign of humanity and allow to grow 

 

everyone in the town is family.....and it will hit them the hardest with it gone and wipe out like this :( 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

this was shown in the drama itself....and to me it is so meaningful....the place they called home....even though they had move on...this is the place that they were shown the sign of humanity and allow to grow 

 

everyone in the town is family.....and it will hit them the hardest with it gone and wipe out like this :( 

 

I think later on when SS become Vast Sky, NQ got the most angry and disappointed at her was when he took her to the city of Wei and of course she does not feel any emotions toward the place.  NQ said something like "in this place people loved you" and that it was the first place they were able to call home.  Because Vast Sky talked about how people hate her so why should she care about humanity, and how even as SS people didn't think much of her in Chang An so why should she go back there.

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

 

I think later on when SS become Vast Sky, NQ got the most angry and disappointed at her was when he took her to the city of Wei and of course she does not feel any emotions toward the place.  NQ said something like "in this place people loved you" and that it was the first place they were able to call home.  Because Vast Sky talked about how people hate her so why should she care about humanity, and how even as SS people didn't think much of her in Chang An so why should she go back there.

I was afraid to express this opinion about Vast Sky and why she didn't care what happened to humanity because it can be a tad touchy. I also thing when NQ was trying to so hard to protect her, all those people who were out to kill her kinda made her hate for Humanity much stronger. In their journey , we can feel the pain SS is going through and her disappointment in humanity. One thing that made her hate HUmanity the most is what happened to NQ when he was a boy. NQ trying the hardest to live, NQ finding an infant child and raising her even when he couldn't raise her himself. His fear and drive to survive was forever imprinted in her. I also think during the time she was at Chang An , SS sensed that the Princess didn't really like her but was using to control Ning Que , just chose to ignore it.  What do you think @kiara_bleu???

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

 

I think later on when SS become Vast Sky, NQ got the most angry and disappointed at her was when he took her to the city of Wei and of course she does not feel any emotions toward the place.  NQ said something like "in this place people loved you" and that it was the first place they were able to call home.  Because Vast Sky talked about how people hate her so why should she care about humanity, and how even as SS people didn't think much of her in Chang An so why should she go back there.

 

 

yes because she herself no longer able to emote.....

 

so NingQue is frustrated with the situation

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I was afraid to express this opinion about Vast Sky and why she didn't care what happened to humanity because it can be a tad touchy. I also thing when NQ was trying to so hard to protect her, all those people who were out to kill her kinda made her hate for Humanity much stronger. In their journey , we can feel the pain SS is going through and her disappointment in humanity. One thing that made her hate HUmanity the most is what happened to NQ when he was a boy. NQ trying the hardest to live, NQ finding an infant child and raising her even when he couldn't raise her himself. His fear and drive to survive was forever imprinted in her. I also think during the time she was at Chang An , SS sensed that the Princess didn't really like her but was using to control Ning Que , just chose to ignore it.  What do you think @kiara_bleu???

 

If we are talking about the drama I do think that the princess didn't really like her but only used her to control NQ but I genuinely thought that in the novel she had a soft spot for SS from the beginning when she didn't have any thought of what NQ can do for her.  I do think that later on she had other motivations to keep SS close but that's what I like about how Mao Ni wrote these characters...that they are not all bad or all good....that they can have varying motivations or justifications for their actions.  I can see though how Vast Sky, just seeing SS memories of events that happened to her can only see how the princess behaves and think she only used SS for her own purpose.

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

it was the only scene that show they sync toward each other and also their inner radar together.....

I get that a drama can't show everything in a novel but they didn't include important details that needed to be shown. The NQ/SS bond is what this story is all about. The aunties failed in showing it the way it is supposed to be. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

 

i dunno i hope they do....this is to level the playing field after all................im not sure where this will lead to and we can only hope for the best i guess......

 

also there are parts in the series that didnt show the urgency NingQue should felt when he realize that SangSang had ran away from home......they only briefly glance thru it and instead show the fight in between SangSang and NingQue which was over the top......i dont think that SangSang & NingQue did really fight that bad in the book

In the novel NQ went mad. He desperately searched for her and would have turned the city upside down to find her. He even accused her of stealing just so she'd be arrested and returned to him. Once he found SS he felt relief mentioned that he felt like he was falling and finally caught on to a branch. It was mentioned that his legs were weak etc. He didn't hit SS he thought about it but didn't actually do it. SS remained calm and cool throughout their whole conversation. Once again proving NQ can never win over SS. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie  I didn''t  get the screaming match between them. It was way over the top and made SS act like a child. Sang Sang is the most mature character in the novel. One minute she is mature and the next she acts like a child. Where is the woman , who can always outwit her young master with a few words, cry because he didn't come pick her up when he said he would. It just didn't feel right. I think it is because they refused to cut the MSS's sene in the drama , so they did not even bother to make the bond stronger. :bawling::bawling:

Yes I disliked them showing SS as a child throwing tantrums. While only showing MSS as mature and pretty. I guess they really wanted that ship to sail. I don't think they thought that by doing this the would make the NQ/SS relationship less important. It is no wonder many viewers saw NingSang as brother/sister, maid/master. Only those who read the novel saw love. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:



The City of Wei was extraordinarily quiet on this day. Black traces could be faintly seen inside of the old ash that had accumulated under the wall. They did not know whether it was from blood coagulation or something else

Ning Que waved to the cavalry to stop

He jumped off his horse, walked over to the gate, and pushed it open. The slanted gate fell down, raising clouds of dust. He stood at the gate in silence for a long time and then walked inside

The cavalrymen on horses watched him enter the City of Wei with complicated emotions. 

Ning Que walked out of the City of Wei after a long time

The expression on his face was still calm, his back was still straight, and his right hand resting on the hilt was still stable. No change could be seen, as if he had seen nothing in the City of Wei

"How is the situation inside?" asked a cavalry officer

Ning Que shook his head and said, "Nothing's left." 

The officer frowned slightly and asked several cavalrymen to go inside. 

Ning Que said in a low voice, "Don't go in." 

The cavalrymen turned to the officer and received no more orders. They lifted the reins, heading into the City of Wei. 

Ning Que did not turn around as he shouted, "Don't!" 

His voice was very loud and violent, like thunder, exploding in the wilderness outside the City of Wei. The horses under the cavalrymen were frightened by the sound and everyone stood up

A broken wine banner swayed gently in the City of Wei. 

Hearing Ning Que's angry roar, they finally understood what had happened in the City of Wei

Nobody insisted on going to see

Ning Que walked toward his horse

With each step, his head lowered and his body became heavier

"
When I left, I told you... don't get old, don't die, wait for my filial obedience... What about now? You, old fox, always lied to me," Ning Que muttered to himself

Then he laughed sadly

 

NQ and SS sent money to the soldiers in the city of Wei, that's how much this place meant to them.  So to lose the very first place they called home and the people that were the first friends and mentors in life soon after losing SS...ooof.

That was very sad. NQ lost everything at once. He must have been in so much pain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't blame vast sky for not caring about humanity. Through her memories as being SS she can only see that very few people truly cared for her. In the city she lived with NQ people mostly respected her out of fear that NQ would kill them. I don't recall reading about anyone going out of their way to be her friend or even to  help her. In fact I think it said no one would really notice her because she was so small and plain. 

 

Once they arrived at the other city she made one friend from the House of Red Sleeves. From the academy she had Chen Pipi, Jun Mo and Xiaotang. Oh and FuZi cared as well. No one else besides them cared for her. The princess in the novel did but in drama I believe she just used her for her own benefit. 

 

When she was found out to be Yama's daughter humanity hunted her down. They were cruel and didn't care if she was kind or if she was suffering. They didn't care about her pain all they wanted to do was kill her. So yes humanity broke her heart. Why would she care for them? 

 

As far as NQ it is safe to say she would never be able to break their bond. Even though she didn't feel anything she wanted to see him. I guess her feelings for him were always there even if she didn't want to admit it. She remembered him fearing death. I wonder if she remembered everything she lived with NQ or just some parts. She seemed to remember the whole thing with MSS NQ never hurt SS but the fact that he liked MSS unintentionally hurt her. However, that can be overlooked since he proved her love for her fighting the world to protect her. Still that will always be a touchy subject between them. Even as vast sky she still questions him over it. 

 

NQ was feared and respected. Later on he was liked by many and was never ignored. He was the 13th brother of the academy. So I don't think NQ could fully understand what SS felt. I can understand him being upset about her not caring for him and her close friends but not about the rest of humanity. 

 

Any thoughts??

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, n3bula said:

I don't blame vast sky for not caring about humanity. Through her memories as being SS she can only see that very few people truly cared for her. In the city she lived with NQ people mostly respected her out of fear that NQ would kill them. I don't recall reading about anyone going out of their way to be her friend or even to  help her. In fact I think it said no one would really notice her because she was so small and plain. 

 

 

 

Although I think that NQ's motivation to go to Wei was to join the military so that he and SS can have a stable life and to protect SS, I do think that he and SS formed real friendships in Wei City.  Wei City because it was more of a military outpost does not have the hierarchy and power struggles that happens in Chang An.  It just consist of ordinary soldiers who take orders from the empire and the people who made a living serving their needs.  NQ and SS had a far more simple life there among people that are not so different from them.  One of the soldiers told the princess that NQ's condition to joining them was that he can bring SS to live with him. Even though soldiers were not allowed handmaidens, they agreed because the soldier said they did not have choice otherwise the little girl will not survive on her own.  They could have not allowed NQ and SS to join, especially since NQ was actually too young , but they did.  I think NQ allowed himself to trust them and is so loyal to them because of that initial kindness they showed NQ and SS.

 

Yes, people knew SS belonged to NQ and therefore would not mess with her but the novel talks about how sad everyone was to see them leave, especially SS.  The older women were in tears and told NQ to take care of SS.  They even wanted her to marry their male relatives that's how much affection they had for her. I think it's telling that SS was willing to send money to Wei considering how stingy she is.  She wouldn't even include an egg on the noodles she had to be asked twice to give to Chao.  And he was their landlord who gave them a big break on their rent and even promised to pay NQ lots of money for helping him in the fight.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

 

Although I think that NQ's motivation to go to Wei was to join the military so that he and SS can have a stable life and to protect SS, I do think that he and SS formed real friendships in Wei City.  Wei City because it was more of a military outpost does not have the hierarchy and power struggles that happens in Chang An.  It just consist of ordinary soldiers who take orders from the empire and the people who made a living serving their needs.  NQ and SS had a far more simple life there among people that are not so different from them.  One of the soldiers told the princess that NQ's condition to joining them was that he can bring SS to live with him. Even though soldiers were not allowed handmaidens, they agreed because the soldier said they did not have choice otherwise the little girl will not survive on her own.  They could have not allowed NQ and SS to join, especially since NQ was actually too young , but they did.  I think NQ allowed himself to trust them and is so loyal to them because of that initial kindness they showed NQ and SS.

 

Yes, people knew SS belonged to NQ and therefore would not mess with her but the novel talks about how sad everyone was to see them leave, especially SS.  The older women were in tears and told NQ to take care of SS.  They even wanted her to marry their male relatives that's how much affection they had for her. I think it's telling that SS was willing to send money to Wei considering how stingy she is.  She wouldn't even include an egg on the noodles she had to be asked twice to give to Chao.  And he was their landlord who gave them a big break on their rent and even promised to pay NQ lots of money for helping him in the fight.

Thanks for sharing that @kiara_bleu. I vaguely remember reading that. Come to think about it somewhere in the novel it mentions something about a woman defending SS saying she is kind. I believe it was around time they knew she was Yama's daughter. The money they sent was also brought up. 

 

I guess it is implied that they cared for them based on what you mentioned. Good points. I made my comment based on what I saw from the drama versus the novel. 

 

So all people in Wei city were killed?? If so, then only the people who I mentioned from the academy and her friend from House of Red Sleeves are left for her to consider. That is if she truly remembered all of them. I'm still not sure how much she actually remembered. Has anyone read about how vast sky acted towards them after seeing them again? I'm curious to know.

 

Still with everything she went through I personally can't blame her for being indifferent. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you guys know I started reading the novel from NQ battle with Xia Hou and moved forward. Now I'm excited to see NQ return after SS became Vast Sky. So I thought I'd share it with you all. I hope that is okay with you guys. I'll still be reading from the beginning I'm now in chapter 30+. Is it okay if I go back and forth it is it too confusing?

 

CHAPTER 712

NQ suffers a lot and my heart breaks for him. He wakes up missing SS/FuZi but soon discover war has started. At least that'll keep him somewhat busy so he doesn't go completely crazy.

 

It seemed inevitable that the Tang Empire would fall.

Right at this moment.

A young man in black was traveling through the depths of the Wilderness.

He had awoken not long ago.

He talked to the moon every night since his awakening.

He missed his teacher and wife.

He did not know what had happened in the human realm.

But could he change anything if he knew about it?

 

CHAPTER 713

 

Tears streamed down Ning Que’s face as he looked at the Moon. He could barely stop crying until he found his crying more terrifying than the wolves’ howling far away.

Ning Que had felt nothing but hunger since he woke up. His empty belly had been torturing and haunting him like the Heaven and Earth’s Qi did, in the cliff cave in the back of the mountain of the Academy.

Judging by the hunger, he knew he must have been in an unconscious for days, leading him to the extremely weakened state he was in. He searched for edible grass in the meadow. He put the grass with dew in his mouth and chewed it until it was soft. He managed swallowing it, and then he felt much better.

He looked at the water droplets on the grass and took them for granted since he didn’t know that they were remained from the heavy rain that had arrived after the Headmaster’s passing.

When the Moon disappeared at dawn, Ning Que started to head south under the guidance of the morning sun rays.

He was depressed and confused, and didn’t know where exactly he was going.

Then, head back to Chang’an.

His home was there, and the Academy was there, too. However, the Old Brush Pen Shop and the house by the Yanming Lake were empty now, and the Headmaster would never again return to the Academy.

It didn’t take him long before he walked to where he could see mountains coated by snow. Then he walked towards the mountains till the night came, and the Moon shone in the sky.

For days he walked south through the mountains. At night when he looked up to the Moon, his temper would suddenly turn sour, making him spill curses at it, arms on his hips.

He knew the Headmaster was still alive, but in a different way. He was still fighting against Haotian in the sky now, and the effects of their ongoing struggle produced the shape of the Moon, bright or dim, wax or wane.

But still he felt sad and frustrated.

Because he could see nothing resembling the Headmaster in that Moon.

“Bright like a full moon is what people used to praise a handsome young man, and you’re nothing like that.”

He mocked as he pulled out his podao, to cut the snow hare he had just hunted. Since he had left the Primordial Thirteen Arrows and all other weapons in the carriage by the Sishui River, the podao was all he had. Sometimes he would worry if anything had happened to the Big Black Horse.

Having cleaned the hare nicely, he passed it to the empty air next to him, saying, “Don’t over-toast it.”

He was asking Sangsang to cook the hare.

Yet Sangsang wasn’t there anymore.

Ning Que lowered down his head and was silent for quite a long period. Then he cried out.

“Sangsang!”....

 

CHAPTER 714

The empress was very cool fighting against the enemy. Ofcourse NQ to the rescue.  

 

It looked as if the breakthrough was going to fail again, at the cost of the Empress and the elite cavalries’ lives. However, something unexpected was happening outside the battlefield.

Ten more grassland cavalries rolled off their war-horses in succession with their hands covering their throats.

And in their hands, they clutched on tightly to arrows dripping with blood.

 

CHAPTER 715

 

The man turned his wrists immediately and drew out his podao from his sheath. He fell from the air and killed several Golden cavalry riders. Then, he stepped on the saddle and stood up.

His movements could not be clearly seen, but the podao in his hand became an ordinary boxwood bow. He pulled forcefully and the bow bent. An arrow shot toward the high priest on the northernmost carriage.

There were thousands of cavalry troops in front of him, but no one tried to stop the man. What was even more shocking was that the man’s arrow did not deviate at all even as he stood on the horse and shot the arrow....

 

The Empress heard the pitiful cries and painful moans from the north and turned to look over.

She saw the young man standing on the carriage.

Black hair swept over her gentle cheeks, covering her surprised expression.

She did not expect to see Ning Que here at all.

Ning Que saw the Empress turning around.

For some reason, he suddenly felt lost. Then, he turned to look at the carriage at the very end and at the ordinarily-dressed old man on it.....

 

Ning Que charged toward the carriage.

The Nation Master reached behind him to pull on his red hood.

Ning Que was still more than a hundred feet away from the carriage.

The eyes of the Nation Master which were barely hidden by the hood landed on him.

Their gazes met.

Large waves appeared in Ning Que’s sense of perception.

He only knew then, that the old man was a terrifying Psyche Master....

 

Ning Que had never lost a battle of Psyche Power before.

Whether it was Dao Shi standing in the steam coming from the Chang’an bun stall or Bao Shu on the mountain path, or Qi Nian from the Lanke Temple. These Buddhist Sect powerhouses who were known for their Psyche Power could not defeat him.

He did not believe that a Psyche Master from the Tribe of Savages on the Wilderness could defeat him on this point.

Ning Que did not hesitate to use his Psyche Power, turning it into a hail of rocks and tossing them madly with his sense of perception.

Two extremely powerful spiritual forces that could not be seen by the naked eye met in the air above the grassland.....

 

There was a low growl followed by a sharp whistle. The Golden cavalry quickly regrouped and stopped fighting against Ning Que and the Empress. They covered the last carriage and entered deep into the Wilderness.

The Golden Palace Nation Master looked at Ning Que and the Empress and said a few words before leaving...

 

“What did he say before he left?”

The Queen asked. She had seen Ning Que’s information for many times and knew that he was proficient in many languages of the Wilderness.

After a moment of silence, Ning Que said, “The old man said that the grassland was a place where everything lived and died. The Palace priests are not afraid of anything but those who cultivated in the Devil. He had gone into seclusion for many years and heard that the Devil’s Doctrine had died off. He had not expected to see two Devil’s Doctrine powerhouses in Helan City today.”

They were naturally the two Devil’s Doctrine powerhouses that the old man was referring to.

The Queen and Ning Que looked at each other.

Could they both be pursuing the same goal?

 

CHAPTER 716

 

 

The goal was not the only similarity between them. They also cultivated the same Taoism.

The Queen had read many files on Ning Que multiple times in order to find his weakness because he killed her only elder brother, Xia Hou. The relationship between them was very complicated and subtle.....

 

Returning to Helan City, they were still stuck in this state of mind until he entered the quiet room of the attic and saw the gray coffin.

The coffin was very large and was made of dozens of pine trees from the Tianqi Mountain cliff.

Compared with the high status of the person lying in the coffin, it looked primitive and crude, as the bark of the pine trees had not been peeled off.

After a long silence, Ning Que walked over to the pine coffin, knelt down, and kowtowed.

The Queen calmly said, “Ever since you first met each other, you never got used to kowtowing to him. Now he is dead and will never see it.”

Ning Que stood up, gently stroking the rough bark of the pine trees in silence.....

 

Han Qing said, “Everyone knows that you are close to the Princess and hold a grudge against the Queen, but His Majesty has passed his throne on to the Sixth Prince… I don’t really care who you support, but I hope you can make your attitude known at this time. The journey to the south is difficult, and if something happens…”

He paused when he heard some footsteps.

Han Qing remained silence.

The Queen walked in, followed by a young man.

The young man in the bright yellow clothes of the Prince curiously looked at Ning Que. He seemed a little shy as if he was not used to meeting strangers.

Ning Que kept silent for a long time by the pine coffin.

Then he looked at the Prince and asked, “Do you want to be the emperor of the Tang Empire?”

The Prince turned to his mother in confusion.

The Queen gently touched his head, looking like she loved to spoil him.

Looking at Ning Que, the Prince thought carefully for a long time, then said, “If my father asked me to be the emperor, then I will be.”

Ning Que said, “Very good, then it’s yours, and nobody can take it away from you.”

The Queen looked at him quietly, then asked, “Is that the promise of the Academy?”

Ning Que replied, “It’s my promise, but it is equally as effective.”

The Queen said, “I have no doubt about that.”

Ning Que asked, “Why?”

The Queen replied, “Because you finally married Sangsang.”

Looking at her gentle and beautiful face, Ning Que remembered when she had turned to look at him on the grassland and her black hair was brushing against her face. It was so beautiful.

He realized that the Queen knew him very well.

Therefore, he suddenly understood why His Majesty had insisted on marrying her.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...