Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, n3bula said:

@UnniSarah @kiara_bleu I can't believe I was too slow to catch that. NQ slowness rubbing off on me :joy:

 

It's funny how NQ is possessive like that and yet still thought he could have MSS and still keep SS next to him as always. He wouldn't want to share SS with anyone. This boy is something else lol. 

 

 

 

 

Have you strated reading the novel yet chingu @n3bula  what chapter are u up to??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Have you strated reading the novel yet chingu @n3bula  what chapter are u up to??

I tried to start yesterday but was really busy. It doesn't help that I'm feeling sick and couldn't concentrate so I got halfway through chapter one. I'll read some chapters these next three days. I'll let you know what chapter I'm up to tonight. I'm hoping to catch up to you but I'm guessing your past 30? 

 

Chingu don't forget to share interesting chapters. 

 

I did get to read chapters 709 and 710 yesterday. There's still no NQ so I'm sad. Though I've been enjoying the fact that there's been more Chao in recent chapters. Have you read those? Or are you just reading in order? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, n3bula said:

I tried to start yesterday but was really busy. It doesn't help that I'm feeling sick and couldn't concentrate so I got halfway through chapter one. I'll read some chapters these next three days. I'll let you know what chapter I'm up to tonight. I'm hoping to catch up to you but I'm guessing your past 30? 

 

Chingu don't forget to share interesting chapters. 

 

I did get to read chapters 709 and 710 yesterday. There's still no NQ so I'm sad. Though I've been enjoying the fact that there's been more Chao in recent chapters. Have you read those? Or are you just reading in order? 

@n3bulaI am reading in order and sharing what I find that might mean something later on, something cute, intense etc.... 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bulaI am reading in order and sharing what I find that might mean something later on, something cute, intense etc.... 

That is great. Looking forward to reading everything :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I thought I'd share some things that I read so far.

 

I like the descriptions they give of NQ/SS. Noticed that from the very beginning it states that SS has the final word. She is the boss lol. SS is perceived by the world differently than in NQ'S eyes and I like that. The novel does a good job talking about SS illness unlike the drama. NQ/SS relationship is very well developed you can see how much they care for each other. 

 

CHAPTER 2

That youngster was fifteen or sixteen with a standard military, cotton-padded jacket, the front of which was full of oil and dirt. Maybe he had naturally curly black hair, or he hadn't washed his hair for a long time so it was oily and curly. However, he had an extremely clean face, therefore his eyebrows, as well as several freckles on his face were outstandingly clear.....

At this moment, a voice sounded from nowhere. "Follow the old rules. Sangsang has the final say."

Everyone looked at the corner in the room where there was an eleven-year-old girl moving a bucket. She was short and thin, with dark skin and common eyes. She was wearing loose handmaiden clothes, which seemed to be stolen from somewhere by her master, and carrying a bucket which was heavier than herself.

That little handmaiden named Sangsang put down the bucket and turned around. The soldiers looked at her nervously, just like gamblers that were waiting for the dealer to reveal the outcome of a dice game. And obviously, it wasn't the first time for this scene.

The little handmaiden frowned and gave the youngster a look. Then she looked at that angry soldier at the other side of the table and said seriously, "At round twenty-three, you were showing a 'scissor' and he a 'stone'. But you said, 'He's dirty.' So you lost."

The room was filled with laughter and the people cleared out of the room. The soldier paid unwillingly with dirty words. The youngster happily accepted the money, wiped it with the oil and dirt on his chest, and then touched the soldier's shoulder to comfort him.

"Take it easy. In City of Wei... no, in the whole world, no one can beat Ning Que."

 

CHAPTER 6

Sangsang appeared to be immersed in her thoughts. She was not fully-grown and her age was considered young. However, the sandstorms in the fortress had blown against her face, darkening and roughing her skin. Her yellowish hair was a result of childhood malnutrition. All of these things contributed to her less than beautiful, toughened face.

But, she had a pair of eyes as thin as willow leaves, as blue as crystal ice, and they seldom showed a special expression, all of which endowed her with the appearance of a mature and sophisticated lady rather than a young maid, no older than twelve, who had been born from bitterness. The extreme contrast of her true age and her eye expressions made others feel she had a cool style.

While in Ning Que's eyes, these were all fake illusions. He was well aware that Sangsang typically belonged to that kind of thoughtless girl. During this long time of sticking it out together, she had become accustomed to following his words and her laziness in thinking hence grew, which accordingly led to her slow-mindedness. Therefore, to cover her slow-mindedness she had begun to speak fewer words, making her appear even weirder.

"No, she is not slow-minded, she is just clumsy." He corrected himself in his mind as he thought of something........

He then turned over onto his other side, looking toward the dark corner and asked, "Sangsang, how is your illness these days? Do you still feel cold?"

It seemed that the little handmaiden shook her head no in the darkness. Through the faint light, he caught sight of her and saw that she was grabbing her quilt while keeping her eyes tightly closed, though her mouth wore a hint of a rare smile. She muttered, "Of course they are fair, nobody would be tan after putting on such good makeup!"

Ning Que grinned and then answered, "Take it easy and you can buy anything you like from the Chenjinji Cosmetics Store after I, your young master, make a fortune."

Suddenly Sangsang opened her long and thin eyes; he could see the bright starlight reflected in them. Seriously she asked, "Ning Que, you promise?"

"I told you; call me young master in Chang'an. That's the way to show respect."....

 

CHAPTER 8

Sangsang, the little handmaiden, went through a lot of hardship as a baby, surviving in cold wind and rain among a pile of rotting corpses. She fell critically ill after Ning Que found her, and didn't recover for months.

She had been looked at by military doctors at Wei, and he even took her to the faraway Kaiping, and all the doctors shared the same opinion: prenatal insufficiency of weak and cold nature.

Due to her fragile and cold-prone body, Sangsang hardly ever sweated, and consequently, she was unable to expel all the harmful toxins her body produced daily. Over time and accumulation of the toxins, she became even weaker. That was why Ning Que followed the doctors' advice and made sure that she endured a huge amount of physical exercise on a day-to-day basis to improve her circulation, and that was the real reason why in the eyes of others, he constantly made his skinny, dark-skinned little handmaid work like a slave.

Nevertheless, despite copious physical exercise, Sangsang could not necessarily warm up her body, and it felt freezing cold right now on the wool blanket.

Rubbing his freezing tummy, Ning Que decided to get up and take out the liquor sac made of cowhide as he woke up Sangsang and handed over the sac to her lips.

Half-asleep, Sangsang opened her eyes and grabbed the sac without hesitation. She unscrewed the lid and poured the liquid down without leaking a drop of it. The tent was immediately filled with a strong and spicy scent of the typical hardcore grassland liquor.

The tiny handmaiden held the large sac and gulped down the liquid as if it was water. In no time she managed to finish almost half a sac of liquor, of which two bowlfuls could easily leave a strong adult man unconscious. She didn't stop until her stomach started to bulge out. It looked rather valiant, if not utterly bizarre.

She then wiped her lips, and her long, willow-leaf shaped eyes became even brighter in the darkness of the night, and one would not have guessed that she had been drinking. After smiling at Ning Que, she fell back and slept off again.

The fragrance of liquor reminisced in the room, and the cold little feet he held on his chest gradually warmed up. Ning Que was finally relieved to see a few droplets of sweat emerging from the tip of her nose, and at last, he remembered to wipe off his own sweat from his forehead.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NQ/SS are truly a power couple. SS doesn't need to know martial arts to help protect NQ. 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 15

Just one word: umbrella.

There wasn't a verb before it.

Also, Ning Que didn't call out the name of Sangsang.

Ning Que and his handmaid had been living together since childhood. After spending several difficult years in the mountains and forest and on the grassland, the two of them could easily understand each other and exhibited great teamwork. Just eye contact, a gesture, or a word was enough to clearly convey what one wanted to do.

The moment the word "umbrella" was uttered, Sangsang, like a squirrel, quickly ran beside the maidservant and shook the umbrella hard, with two hands holding the handle. Then the black umbrella, dramatically huge compared to her thin body, was opened with a "Hu" sound, as if a dark sky-curtain had suddenly appeared over the thick forest of the Northern Mountain Road at night, blocking the light of the stars.....

 

Below the big black umbrella, Sangsang, who was thin and nervous, lowered her head as she closed her eyes and lips. Her two hands tightly held the handle of the umbrella, which withstood the horrible fire close at hand. Her left hand held the handle head tightly, but then became temporarily relaxed again. It seemed that she was very tense or was struggling with something in her heart.

The maidservant, with her slightly curly hair swinging between her delicate eyes, was also sheltered by the black umbrella. She became extremely nervous with the intensely high temperature and the sight of the blaze sprawling across the black umbrella. Then, a sense of confusion and shock appeared in her eyes the moment she noticed, through the side of the black umbrella, that the fighting was about to unfold.....

 

Nobody had ever predicted such a circumstance, except Ning Que or his handmaiden under the black umbrella.

"Six! Two!"

The handmaiden, nervously huddling and closing her eyes as the third assassin chopped towards Ning Que, exclaimed the two words with all her strength.

What could the two simple numbers warn of Ning Que? Were they a type of code or direction hint? In fact, she shouldn't have caught sight of that assassin. Even if she was able to accurately figure out the location of the assassin, what could Ning Que do as his two podaos were still stuck in the first two assassins' chests and hands full of blood?

"Six? Two? It's surprisingly high."

Upon hearing Sangsang's anxious shout, Ning Que made a complaint in his heart and then loosened his hands without hesitation—leaving his two podaos with the outraged assassins in black, who, before dying, tightly held the two podaos with their hands and lives. The fire was getting weaker and the sky was becoming darker. He raised his two emancipated hands over his head, gripped the hard hilt covered by a cloth bandage, and suddenly pulled out his last podao that was on his back!

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Walking in Chang Ah with Sang Sang

Chapter 28

Out of his mind, Ning Que lifted Sangsang's little hand and walked in streams of people and lights with gasp in admiration, extremely appearing as kids from the countryside.

 

Some young lady walked in front of Ning Que seductively. "Oh, her hip looks so sexy." Ning Que thought. Some young girl with braid passed by, giggling. "She smells fragrant, like... orchid?" Ning Que continued to think. The young woman who was picking up flowers before booths with a man seemed to ogle him. "Why does she do this? Does it mean she likes me?" The lad asked to himself, confusedly and excitedly.

With Sangsang's hand in his, Ning Que delightedly gazed around. He tried to search such special views in his memory of Chang'an during childhood, but he failed. He felt reluctant to move on as well.

 

Chapter 30 

The Fear and instict to survive is just as fresh in NIng Que's mind. Poor Sang Sang is still very much Naive. Her lack of belief is due to how much Ning Que has protected his handmaiden from the the real world. Was it a blessing or a curse. What do you guys think???

 

"Young master, what is your connection with General's Mansion?" Sangsang stared at him, asking earnestly.

Ning Que answered with a smile, "Of course there is a connection."

"I mean... what kind of connection, instead of whether there is one." Sangsang carefully corrected him.

After a moment of silence, the smile on Ning Que's face gradually faded. He explained solemnly, "But this connection can't be revealed. You're my handmaiden now. If the public finds out, the imperial court will behead us both."

Looking into his eyes, Sangsang thought he was joking. She shook her head and answered, "Young master, you're talking nonsense."

"In our Tang Empire, the number of people who died because of nonsense is no less than those killed by barbarians." Ning Que broke into laughter. "Sometimes we all know the truth, but we're refrained from speaking it out for the truth may cause death. If we're forced to speak the truth, then we can only speak nonsense."

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General XiaHou was a monster in my eyes but he was still treated wih respect. He had some fans who considered him to be misunerstood. But I couldn't see it, he was vindictive and vengefull. 

 

z0eH_-F7RDPDeEndrPLPNL2C4L1jIKQqQelmH-i2

 

 

Meeting Blackie was a highlight of he novel and drama. It was also sadening to see what happens to him. He wasn't so bright or jaded like Ning Que. WHy is that?????? WHat makes them so different? Can any of us ever guess why they turned out so differently.

 

gLYB8_Q4cP2a4w4zwBPXkKlyGI1rySnNLU0v541o

  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Meeting Blackie was a highlight of he novel and drama. It was also sadening to see what happens to him. He wasn't so bright or jaded like Ning Que. WHy is that?????? WHat makes them so different? Can any of us ever guess why they turned out so differently.

 

 

gLYB8_Q4cP2a4w4zwBPXkKlyGI1rySnNLU0v541o

 

Wasn't Zhou Er able to go back to Chang An when he was rescued by some guy?  I was a bit confused both in the novel and drama about who it was (a cultivator? someone Zhou Er already knows?) and why NQ & SS was not able to go with them.  I think the fact that NQ had to fend for himself and SS alone under such harsh conditions hardened him.  There is also that time when the man who rescued them threatened to sell SS so I am guessing that he had to be extra cautious and not trust other men because of SS when probably if he was alone.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

  Walking in Chang Ah with Sang Sang

Chapter 28

Out of his mind, Ning Que lifted Sangsang's little hand and walked in streams of people and lights with gasp in admiration, extremely appearing as kids from the countryside.

 

Some young lady walked in front of Ning Que seductively. "Oh, her hip looks so sexy." Ning Que thought. Some young girl with braid passed by, giggling. "She smells fragrant, like... orchid?" Ning Que continued to think. The young woman who was picking up flowers before booths with a man seemed to ogle him. "Why does she do this? Does it mean she likes me?" The lad asked to himself, confusedly and excitedly.

With Sangsang's hand in his, Ning Que delightedly gazed around. He tried to search such special views in his memory of Chang'an during childhood, but he failed. He felt reluctant to move on as well.

 

Chapter 30 

The Fear and instict to survive is just as fresh in NIng Que's mind. Poor Sang Sang is still very much Naive. Her lack of belief is due to how much Ning Que has protected his handmaiden from the the real world. Was it a blessing or a curse. What do you guys think???

 

"Young master, what is your connection with General's Mansion?" Sangsang stared at him, asking earnestly.

Ning Que answered with a smile, "Of course there is a connection."

"I mean... what kind of connection, instead of whether there is one." Sangsang carefully corrected him.

After a moment of silence, the smile on Ning Que's face gradually faded. He explained solemnly, "But this connection can't be revealed. You're my handmaiden now. If the public finds out, the imperial court will behead us both."

Looking into his eyes, Sangsang thought he was joking. She shook her head and answered, "Young master, you're talking nonsense."

"In our Tang Empire, the number of people who died because of nonsense is no less than those killed by barbarians." Ning Que broke into laughter. "Sometimes we all know the truth, but we're refrained from speaking it out for the truth may cause death. If we're forced to speak the truth, then we can only speak nonsense."

 

 

 

 

I think the way NQ protected SS from the world helped make SS be who she is. SS is the kindest and has the purest soul. She is able to see the good in people and doesn't concentrate on the bad. Which also helped NQ as well. It was because of SS that he knew how to love. Without her I'm not sure NQ would be who he is. I believe that without SS he would have died. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

General XiaHou was a monster in my eyes but he was still treated wih respect. He had some fans who considered him to be misunerstood. But I couldn't see it, he was vindictive and vengefull. 

 

z0eH_-F7RDPDeEndrPLPNL2C4L1jIKQqQelmH-i2

 

 

Meeting Blackie was a highlight of he novel and drama. It was also sadening to see what happens to him. He wasn't so bright or jaded like Ning Que. WHy is that?????? WHat makes them so different? Can any of us ever guess why they turned out so differently.

 

gLYB8_Q4cP2a4w4zwBPXkKlyGI1rySnNLU0v541o

Xia Hou claimed to kill in order to survive. Still nothing excused his behavior and cruelty while doing it. I have yet to learn more about him in the novel. Tbh in the drama I felt a little sorry for him at the end. Maybe it was due to the actors good acting skills. 

 

Haven't read about Blackie yet but in the drama I was sad that he died. NQ did consider him a friend. Does the novel give details about his life or not? The real difference is that Blackie didn't have SS by his side imo.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

 

Wasn't Zhou Er able to go back to Chang An when he was rescued by some guy?  I was a bit confused both in the novel and drama about who it was (a cultivator? someone Zhou Er already knows?) and why NQ & SS was not able to go with them.  I think the fact that NQ had to fend for himself and SS alone under such harsh conditions hardened him.  There is also that time when the man who rescued them threatened to sell SS so I am guessing that he had to be extra cautious and not trust other men because of SS when probably if he was alone.

 

@kiara_bleu.... Zhou Er/ Little Blackie became a servant to this cultivator  ( who was in THe Perception State, this cultivator barely managed the No Doubt State at his demise). That was all it was mentioned. This was mentioned in Chaoter 22 in the novel. This cultivator notices that 11 of Ning Que accupoints was blocked and thought he was useless.  That’s why he didn’t take them with him. TBH I don’t know if ZH was in Chang An the entire time in the past seven years????

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@kiara_bleu.... Zhou Er/ Little Blackie became a servant to this cultivator  ( who was in THe Perception State, this cultivator barely managed the No Doubt State at his demise). That was all it was mentioned. This was mentioned in Chaoter 22 in the novel. This cultivator notices that 11 of Ning Que accupoints was blocked and thought he was useless.  That’s why he didn’t take them with him. TBH I don’t know if ZH was in Chang An the entire time in the past seven years????

 

Maybe not but he seemed to have had at least an adult who took him in, unlike NQ who wandered around alone with SS by choice.  I think that once they had that experience with the hunter who took them in and abused NQ and threated to sell SS, NQ became mistrustful of other adult's intentions.  That's why he would rather brave wild animals and elements in the Min mountain when they were younger.  He said as much to the princess when she asked why he didn't seek help.  When they went to Wei City he was older and able to join the military therefore he was able to get some status to protect SS.  I would think that as a handmaiden to a military person, especially one that gained a reputation for his killing, other people are going to think twice before messing with SS.

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Xia Hou claimed to kill in order to survive. Still nothing excused his behavior and cruelty while doing it. I have yet to learn more about him in the novel. Tbh in the drama I felt a little sorry for him at the end. Maybe it was due to the actors good acting skills. 

 

Haven't read about Blackie yet but in the drama I was sad that he died. NQ did consider him a friend. Does the novel give details about his life or not? The real difference is that Blackie didn't have SS by his side imo.

 

 

@n3bula One reason why I couldn’t feel sorry for him I because he would kill a bunch of people jut because they threatened him and his people. Then he would frame Yan for the actual reason for killing a troop or village of  people. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kiara_bleu..... The only reason I call Zhou Er a servant is because he called the cultivator “Master” and didn’t sound like he had any respect for his master. ZH showed no respect to his master. Unless a student can also call his teacher “Master”, I am not knowledgeable in the saying.  Zhou Er has respect for Brother Chao ( sexy man), even NQ can tell ZH like Brother Chao. ZH even asked NQ to help Brother Chao if he needed any help. Sang Sang calls Ning Que “Young Master “and everyone think she is his servant/handmaiden but we know otherwise. . 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@kiara_bleu..... The only reason I call Zhou Er a servant is because he called the cultivator “Master” and didn’t sound like he had any respect for his master. ZH showed no respect to his master. Unless a student can also call his teacher “Master”, I am not knowledgeable in the saying.  Zhou Er has respect for Brother Chao ( sexy man), even NQ can tell ZH like Brother Chao. ZH even asked NQ to help Brother Chao if he needed any help. Sang Sang calls Ning Que “Young Master “and everyone think she is his servant/handmaiden but we know otherwise. . 

 

Well he can't be that nice of a person if he encounters three helpless children and only decide to take one because he has more potential -_-

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The princess likes NQ and doesn't like it lol. NQ is so tough but when it comes to SS he is so gentle :wub:

CHAPTER 17

 

The most honorable princess of the Tang Dynasty had every reason to be angry as long she thought someone was mocking her. Now, nevertheless, the princess felt a sense of comfort, security, and protection sitting together with him by the bonfire.

She quite enjoyed this feeling, and yet was a bit dissatisfied with the fact that it was Ning Que who caused such emotions. Feeling somewhat embarrassed, she intentionally adjusted her tone to somewhat cold and insensitive......

 

Watching Sangsang sitting beside him and the dancing fire nearby her, Ning Que suddenly softened and said, "You must already know that I met Sangsang on the road. We were very little then, and were somehow lost in Min Mountain. We met an old hunter as we were almost dying of thirst."

He raised his head, saw the princess' profile, and continued, "The old hunter was not a sage or master. He saved us, but this proved nothing. Anyway, he taught me how to hunt. Later, he died. I and Sangsang, we lived off what I hunted in the mountain."

Though a very simple and short account about his childhood, vivid pictures flashed before the princess' eyes. A ten-year-old boy carried a five-year-old girl on his back, searching in a mountain full of beasts and perils. He carried a small boxwood bow and the girl had a barrel of arrows.....

 

Such a simple reason, but yet it revealed the kinds of hardship they had met. Lee Yu stared at the two with no words, asking suddenly, "How, how did the old hunter die?"

Ning Que lifted his head, and answered peacefully, "I killed him, with a knife."

As for why he did so, he didn't say further, and would not explain it to this princess, who would never understand how base and dark life was for people like them, and probably never to anyone. He caressed Sangsang's little head gently, holding her in his arms closely.

 

SS always knows what NQ is thinking. 

 

CHAPTER 20

 

The little handmaiden looked into his eyes and said sincerely, "Don't you think that you're a bit of a rascal sometimes?"

Ning Que bowed his head slightly, agreeing with her silently.

Sangsang shook her head. After a few seconds, she looked to him again and asked, "Young master, are all the people in the world, besides you, idiots in your opinion?"

Ning Que thought carefully while he was fastening his sheath. After a long time, he answered seriously, "That isn't my problem. The fact is that there will always be many idiots doing stupid things in the world. Specially-privileged people like Hua Shanyue aren't supposed to be regarded as an idiot. However, as he actually believes he's in love, he's, in fact, an idiot."

Sangsang pointed at herself with her finger and asked seriously, "So, am I also an idiot in your eyes?"

Ning Que looked at her little black face and replied seriously. "You aren't an idiot, you're just stupid."

 

CHAPTER 25

This is a hint of how powerful NQ would be as cultivator. 

 

Ning Que tried to recollect how he felt in the dream and said, "In my dream, the breath, which was constant and audible, turned into some substance. It was like warm drops gradually gathered together, and enveloped my body inside. It was light and slippery, and no matter how hard I tried to touch or hold it, it trickled through my fingers."

Lyu Qingchen stifled his excitement and asked, "How far away can you feel? Or, what does the thing feel like? A basin of water? A stream? Or a pond?"

Ning Que lifted his head, and answered confusingly, "It was like... a sea."

Lyu Qingchen stiffened and fell back on a cushion. After a long time of silence, he flashed a weary smile and muttered, "Yes, how could that be possible?"......

"Mr. Lyu, have I entered the Initial State? Was what I felt the Breath of Nature?"

Lyu Qingchen patted his shoulder, trying to comfort Ning Que. "The Initial State is the Initial Awareness State I have told you earlier, which means the cultivator's psyche opens to the Ocean of Qi and Mountain of Snow, and they start to feel the existence of the Breath of Nature. Therefore, this is the first time for the ordinary people to see the brand new world.

"Cultivators' futures depend on what they can see at their first sight, because what they see and feel is the reflection of primordial Qi in nature. The purer and stronger the cultivator's psyche is, the broader and deeper he can feel."

Looking at Ning Que, the old man said, "At the Initial Awareness State, mediocre cultivators are only able to feel the Qi of Heaven and Earth near their body, which reflects on his heart as a basin of water. Talented cultivators can feel the Qi of Heaven and Earth from a wider distance, but the reflection is only a little pond. If a cultivator can feel a stream or even a lake, he'll become a Grand Cultivator one day."

There was a frown on Ning Que's face. He wanted to say something, but the old man stopped him.

The old man continued, "In this world, very few people can reach the Knowing Destiny State, and of the people who reached it, Liu Bai, the Sage of Sword from the South Jin Kingdom, is the most talented. He entered the Initial State before he was six years old, and he saw a raging torrent at his first sight! He's a genius! That's why he's the best cultivator in the south and is regarded as the person most likely to reach the last state of the Five States."

If the person who saw a river was regarded as the most powerful cultivator, then how powerful was one when he could see a sea? Ning Que was silent for a long time. Although he had lots of secrets, he never regarded himself as a genius, let alone a genius who was even more talented than a world-famous cultivator. But, what if it was true?

"It may sound overconfident, disrespectful or... narcissistic."

He tried to find the suitable words and lowered his head. "Is it possible that I'm more powerful than the Sage of Sword from the South Jin Kingdom? No... I just mean because I have meditated for many years, so when I entered the Initial Awareness State, I felt an area wider than what he felt."

"What's wider than a raging torrent? I don't know. But I know it's not an endless sea, because that isn't what we're talking about."

Looking at Ning Que, whose head was lowered, the old man sighed. "Child, do you know what sea means at the Initial Awareness State? It's the reflection of the Qi of Heaven and Earth from the whole world.

"No one can see everything in that brand new world at their first sight. It's just impossible, even Sages in legends can't do that."

He patted the lad's stiff shoulder, smiling and comforting him. "It's just a dream, but still, a sweet one."

  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...