Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

The problem with NQ is that he is selfish. Being selfish is the trait that helped him survive in this lifetime. If he hadn’t been selfish, Sang Sang would not have lived better this long. He would not have survived.  Something else, you must remember if SS had died t’as a baby thé world would have died 16 years ago. 

 

What do do you guys think 

@n3bula @pad-hari 

It's true.   Only his selfishness lead to his and SS survival.  Coz him, his blackie friend and the baby SS went thru a lot of trials and tribulations which made him like that. 

 

But it was also a bad attitude he expressed towards SS sometimes.  When he fell in love with MSS, and he realised his true feelings only after SS left him.  But yes, they survived.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, karadut said:

 

Oh Ning Que! Why he is in the business brake up Shan Shans wedding ? I really don't understand mens world.:angry:

@karadut haha believe me we have discussed this so much. NQ likes MSS and he doesn't want her to marry because he knows it's not what she wants. He cares for her and feels gratitude for her and doesn't know how to pay her back. Ofcourse, keep in mind liking her is not enough for him to give up his SS. His like for MSS pales in comparison to the love he feels for SS. I learned this from @UnniSarah and @Snow Guardian

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

The problem with NQ is that he is selfish. Being selfish is the trait that helped him survive in this lifetime. If he hadn’t been selfish, Sang Sang would not have lived better this long. He would not have survived.  Something else, you must remember if SS had died t’as a baby thé world would have died 16 years ago. 

 

What do do you guys think 

@n3bula @pad-hari 

I agree chingu. He needed to be selfish to survive and keep SS alive. The life NingSang was very tough and NQ needed to be selfish and shameless to make it through those tough times. SS really was the only person he has ever loved. Then came general ma and his family from the Academy. 

 

Yes If SS had died the world would have died with her. I don't even think NQ would exist if SS didn't exist. Those two were born for each other. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHAPTER 914

Ning Que said, "I found that what I thought back then was too simple. In fact, she is always there whether she goes to heaven or stays in the human world."

Mo Shanshan said, "She is not Sangsang, but Haotian now. Could you still love her?"

Ning Que thought about it and then said, "I have thought about this problem. She is indeed Haotian, but she possesses all the memories of Sangsang and all the memories with me. How can I believe that she is not Sangsang?"

He went silent for a while and continued to say, "I know that no one likes her, but I don't care. Actually, I have never cared about it. I guess I truly love her."
Ofcourse you love SS duh! 
Mo Shanshan looked up and stared at his eyes, "What about me?"

Ning Que went silent.

Mo Shanshan whispered, "You are such a heartbreaker."......

 

Love was complicated. If Ning Que wanted to be with Shanshan, then he would hurt Sangsang. If he tried to please Shanshan and Sangsang at the same time, then he would hurt them both.

Most men were players. Some may be able to please several girls at the same time, but Ning Que couldn't. Besides, the most crucial problem was that Sangsang and Shanshan wouldn't allow him to do so.

Good thing both of them weren't willing to share a man even if back then you could lol. He didn't want to hurt either one yet the moment he chose SS he made the choice to hurt MSS. Which yes it proves he loves SS and cannot hurt her. It was never a struggle for him to truly know who he really loved and couldn't live without. 
Looking at her beautiful face, Ning Que thought about it for quite a while and said, "You are so nice." He felt very stupid the moment he said so.....

 

"Do you still like me?"

Ning Que gave it a thought and then answered honestly, "Yes."

She said, "But not enough."

The former "not enough" was meant for herself, but this "not enough" was meant for him.

What should Ning Que say?

She clasped her arms around her knees and said sadly, "You like her much more."

The tears moistened her dress......

 

It was the first time for Ning Que to see her cry. He was very confused and didn't know what to do or say. Finally he blurted out, "Would killing me make you happier?"

He wasn't joking this time. He really meant it.

Shanshan's kindness to him was just too much for him to repay. He subconsciously offered her the most valuable thing he had: his life.


"You only have one life. If you give it to me, then what about Sangsang? Or is it just your ruse to fool girls? You are such a…" Mo Shanshan said with tears. It was the first time she shed tears in front of people, and also the first time she wanted to curse. However, she took it back at the last moment...... It still bother me that he would offer his life to MSS. He didn't think of SS when he did that. Even MSS thought of SS. 

 

Mo Shanshan said, "Don't you think that I'm miserable too?"

Ning Que was about to speak, but he suddenly felt a soft and wet touch on his face.

Mo Shanshan kissed him on the cheek.

He was a little stunned.

She was a bit shy. She didn't want to compete with Sangsang. She just wanted to express her feelings to Ning Que.

Ning Que was nervous and glanced to the direction of Sangsang.

Mo Shanshan looked at the other shore and whispered, "It feels like we are cheating."

Ning Que forced out a bitter smile and went silent.

Mo Shanshan said, "Don't worry."

Ning Que said, "I'm not worrying about her."

Knowing that Ning Que was strong in appearance but brittle inside, Mo Shanshan couldn't help but laugh.

Ning Que said, "I'm worrying about you."


Mo Shanshan laughed and said, "Don't worry about me. Actually I figured the whole matter out a long time ago."..... Really you figured it out? Doesn't seem you have MSS.

 

"Go with her. If she were to return to the Divine Kingdom or abandon you, then you can always come back to me. Before that, I will make everyday count."

"If?"

"I will meet a really good man."

Hearing this, Ning Que almost subconsciously said, "Where can you find a man as good as me?" However, he suddenly realized that it would be too cheeky if he were to say so.

Mo Shanshan knew what he was thinking. She smothered her laughter and said, "There are not many women as good as me, but plenty of men better than you."

MSS he thought SS was dead and still didn't choose to be with you. Yet you still offer to wait for him? Still I'm glad she said she can meet a good man. I do think MSS needed to find love she deserves to be love the way she needs. 
Ning Que was a little embarrassed and got his self-esteem hurt.

All of a sudden, Mo Shanshan said, "I like you."

The moonlight fell on her face, and she looked attractive and elegant.

How could a man ever forget a girl like her?

"But I also like that you like her." Mo Shanshan smiled and said, "And I like the way you care about her."

Ning Que didn't say a word and just smiled at her.

I like you too. He said so in his mind. And I like how you deal with the whole matter.

 

So yeah I'd love to hear your thoughts on this chapter @UnniSarah @Snow Guardian @pad-hari and everyone else 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. English is not my first language so I'm sorry if I'm not really clear.  I discovered  Ever Night one week ago and I'm so into the drama and the novel but it's so hard to find answer to the thousand of questions I may have.

 

The first one I have  is about SangSang/Haotian. I really don't understand why she came back with a different shape. The main thing that I love about NQ/SS relationships is: even if he can have the most beautiful girl, he will stay with SS because she know him the most. Does she ever came back as the one we know ? I will be so sad if Song Yi Ren won't be SangSang anymore...

 

Anyway, thanks a lot for all of your spoilers and remarks and helps and everything :-).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bouhoub said:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. English is not my first language so I'm sorry if I'm not really clear.  I discovered  Ever Night one week ago and I'm so into the drama and the novel but it's so hard to find answer to the thousand of questions I may have.

 

The first one I have  is about SangSang/Haotian. I really don't understand why she came back with a different shape. The main thing that I love about NQ/SS relationships is: even if he can have the most beautiful girl, he will stay with SS because she know him the most. Does she ever came back as the one we know ? I will be so sad if Song Yi Ren won't be SangSang anymore...

 

Anyway, thanks a lot for all of your spoilers and remarks and helps and everything :-).

Welcome,

English also is not first language but I will try understand the book and movie.

 

I also don't get why Sang Sang return different and heard in second season half off the drama some body replace her,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, karadut said:

Welcome,

English also is not first language but I will try understand the book and movie.

 

I also don't get why Sang Sang return different and heard in second season half off the drama some body replace her,

 

I also heard that. She seems that the new actress was here for 14 days but she’s listed as guest on My drama list. 

 

I didn’t read the end of the novel. I wait for the English translation. Maybe, she will come back as the Sangsang we know. I mean, she’s Haotian, she can change everything, no ? (Spoiler will be more than welcome :-)..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, Bouhoub said:

 

I also heard that. She seems that the new actress was here for 14 days but she’s listed as guest on My drama list. 

 

I didn’t read the end of the novel. I wait for the English translation. Maybe, she will come back as the Sangsang we know. I mean, she’s Haotian, she can change everything, no ? (Spoiler will be more than welcome :-)..)

Welcome to the forum @Bouhoub. Yes YCY only filmed 14 days but we don't know how many scenes she will be in. From what I've heard Yiren has always been there when YCY was filming. They may be doing a few scenes with YCY to show she looks different but maybe NQ sees her like SS all the time. Or they switch back and forth between them. Or YCY Haotian disappears completely after a few scenes and SS Haotian remains. We will have to wait and see. Honestly, it would be unwise to completely replace Yiren. Fans won't accept that kind off change imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 4:01 PM, n3bula said:

Welcome to the forum @Bouhoub. Yes YCY only filmed 14 days but we don't know how many scenes she will be in. From what I've heard Yiren has always been there when YCY was filming. They may be doing a few scenes with YCY to show she looks different but maybe NQ sees her like SS all the time. Or they switch back and forth between them. Or YCY Haotian disappears completely after a few scenes and SS Haotian remains. We will have to wait and see. Honestly, it would be unwise to completely replace Yiren. Fans won't accept that kind off change imo. 

I agree I love SYR and if they suddenly change her I feel the chemistry might not be as good because the new girl only filmed for 14days while we had SYR for two season even though season 2 NQ was recasted DW and SYR will have more time together and I don't know who the new girl is and how her acting skills are Also I doubt they will replace SYR completely because it seems like the director YangYang likes her a lot but we shall see keeping my fingers crossed 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Does anyone know why the English translations over at webnovel have suddenly stopped? It's been three days since the lastest chapter was posted and this isn't normal.. Curious if anyone knows - thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 9:46 AM, Lbpg said:

Hi! Does anyone know why the English translations over at webnovel have suddenly stopped? It's been three days since the lastest chapter was posted and this isn't normal.. Curious if anyone knows - thanks! 

Just noticed that. I don't know what's going on. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Just noticed that. I don't know what's going on. 

 

Driving me crazy.. I started on this lmnt version again but ughhh it's so bad. I read and reread chapters to get all the details and it's impossible with this version. I fall asleep or understand just the gist of it (like, x character is now dead - I could just read spoilers instead lol) 

 

Not even sure where to look for updates on the translation status. The forum on webnovel.com is unsearchable and otherwise you have a bunch of people posting comments on chapter 1028 trying to elicit a response that I'm starting to think will not come. Depressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, Lbpg said:

 

Driving me crazy.. I started on this lmnt version again but ughhh it's so bad. I read and reread chapters to get all the details and it's impossible with this version. I fall asleep or understand just the gist of it (like, x character is now dead - I could just read spoilers instead lol) 

 

Not even sure where to look for updates on the translation status. The forum on webnovel.com is unsearchable and otherwise you have a bunch of people posting comments on chapter 1028 trying to elicit a response that I'm starting to think will not come. Depressing. 

 

Translations picked up again after 2 weeks at webnovel and aggregator sites. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lbpg said:

 

Translations picked up again after 2 weeks at webnovel and aggregator sites. 

 

maybe the translator busy that why it was stop for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

maybe the translator busy that why it was stop for a while

 

Maybe, yeah! It was odd after a year and a half of posting 2 chapters daily. Webnovel was super responsive once the status update request was shared with them via email. Good experience, even if those of us who are addicted to reading the new chapters daily had to go cold turkey for 2 weeks :crazy::joy:

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

 

Maybe, yeah! It was odd after a year and a half of posting 2 chapters daily. Webnovel was super responsive once the status update request was shared with them via email. Good experience, even if those of us who are addicted to reading the new chapters daily had to go cold turkey for 2 weeks :crazy::joy:

 

im luckier..... :x i wont say if not i will be peel with banana skins lols

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

im luckier..... :x i wont say if not i will be peel with banana skins lols

 

I wouldn't dare.... Hahaha

 

I rely on one Chinese friend to translate short videos and posts for me, but it would've been too much to ask to translate 60 chapters, even though she offered - I don't think she knew what she was offering lol

 

I tried the Yoda version for 20 chapters, it took me these two weeks to get through them. And after starting again with the translations last night, I confirmed indeed I didn't understand most of it lol. I'm so happy I almost did a dance when I saw the new chapters :wub:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lbpg said:

 

I wouldn't dare.... Hahaha

 

I rely on one Chinese friend to translate short videos and posts for me, but it would've been too much to ask to translate 60 chapters, even though she offered - I don't think she knew what she was offering lol

 

I tried the Yoda version for 20 chapters, it took me these two weeks to get through them. And after starting again with the translations last night, I confirmed indeed I didn't understand most of it lol. I'm so happy I almost did a dance when I saw the new chapters :wub:

 

yoda translation is not very hard to make it out if u understand the flow of chinese wording

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think love is a complex thing. Especially the relationship between NQ, SS, and MS.  Ning Que does like MS like a crush. MS is basically his ideal woman after all. Gentle, intelligent, devoted and beautiful. And they have the same hobby. But Ning Que's true love has always been  SangSang. If you compare about it, regarding Sangsang, Ning Que never hesitate to kill anyone who try to threaten her and separate her from him. In regards of MS, if SS does not encourage him to destroy the engagement, he wont do it. I think the line where he says that he does not care if everyone hate Sangsang, and he does not care about his own life just to stop Sang Sang from going away from him is saying a lot.I don't think he will do the same for MS. Ning Que is a person who always act on his impulse and selfish because its the only way to survive. He is greedy but he does not push to go over the line. At least he is not forcing his way to have them both. 

 

by the way, if you are looking at wuxia online, they continue the translation

Edited by masakibluei
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 7:04 PM, masakibluei said:

 

by the way, if you are looking at wuxia online, they continue the translation

 

Yes, they only paused for two (painful!) weeks. Webnovel will be done translating it in two days, if nothing else happens. Fingers crossed that the aggregator sites pick it up as quickly as usual! I download the epubs from asianovel to read offline and make annotations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...