Quantcast
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

1 hour ago, n3bula said:

Chapter 811

YHY is back and this pretty much sums up her relationship with NQ. 

They had met on the Wilderness a long time ago. They had once tried to kill each other and had never once fallen in love. They had once lived together but had never been in agreement. He knew that they would kill each other one day right from the start, having attempted to do so many times already.

What was interesting was that because they were both well aware of it, they were both especially calm when they met. It was as if there was a refreshing light breeze between them.......

Ye Hongyu said, "Our discussion is pointless if it is ineffective."

Ning Que answered, "The point is the discussion."

Ye Hongyu said, "Your statement is boring. You have become lifeless and worn out because of a woman. It's truly ridiculous."

NQ without SS is just heartbreaking 

Ye Hongyu said, "But don't forget, there is not a single person who can beat Haotian."

Ning Que wanted very much to say that he had bullied Haotian badly, while in the house by the Hot Sea in the Cold Region of the Far North. However, he did not say so because this was a matter between him a Sangsang and had nothing to do with anyone else.

"It is a great joy to fight against Haotian."

He thought of this statement that his teacher had made. He suddenly gained a new perspective and could not help smiling.

So YHY doesn't know SS is Haotian 

At this moment, Ning Que raised his hands and reached out to her temples to caress her cheek.

Ye Hongyu did not react at all. It was as if she did not see his hands.

Ning Que asked, "Do you still feel burdened?"

Ye Hongyu answered, "Of course I do, but there is no one to help me carry it."

Ning Que took the crown from her head and said, "Then look for someone quickly."

Ye Hongyu's damp black hair fell on her divine robe, making her look even more beautiful.

She looked at Ning Que and said, "Where can I find someone as shameless as you?" 

Why would he caress her cheek? Burdened about what? I'm confused haha. I know NQ has zero feelings for YHY but I think she likes him and she hates that she does. Any thoughts on this? 

C'mon @n3bula YHY never liked NQ more than enemy, comrade or friend-foe (I am not sure how to describe their hate-love relationship). But, one thing for sure, they both never fall in love. YHY hates men. She always looking down on someone who is crazily fell in love with another person. For her, liking or loving someone can make someone become an idiot. NQ treats her like a man. In other word, she is like a tough man (sage) to him or even an enemy if NQ feels that YHY has threaten his and SS's life.

NQ-YHY relationship is actually quite refreshing to read if you put away your bias against her:joy: I really enjoy their present sometimes. They can be kinda good comrade for each other and the next minutes can fight and kill one another. YHY also likes to tease NQ. She would not hesitate to mock his love life with mss sometimes.. because she knew NQ would bite the hook with getting angry and embarrassed when YHY did that. Both YHY-NQ are actually quite understand each other because she is NQ's female version and they both are cruel in term of killing people. Since YHY knew NQ quite well, therefore, she knew how much NQ loves SS. And she never doubt his love to SS even until the end. That's why at the almost ending chapter, YHY advised MSS to give up on NQ.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

C'mon @n3bula YHY never liked NQ more than enemy, comrade or friend-foe (I am not sure how to describe their hate-love relationship). But, one thing for sure, they both never fall in love. YHY hates men. She always looking down on someone who is crazily fell in love with another person. For her, liking or loving someone can make someone become an idiot. NQ treats her like a man. In other word, she is like a tough man (sage) to him or even an enemy if NQ feels that YHY has threaten his and SS's life.

NQ-YHY relationship is actually quite refreshing to read if you put away your bias against her:joy: I really enjoy their present sometimes. They can be kinda good comrade for each other and the next minutes can fight and kill one another. YHY also likes to tease NQ. She would not hesitate to mock his love life with mss sometimes.. because she knew NQ would bite the hook with getting angry and embarrassed when YHY did that. Both YHY-NQ are actually quite understand each other because she is NQ's female version and they both are cruel in term of killing people. Since YHY knew NQ quite well, therefore, she knew how much NQ loves SS. And she never doubt his love to SS even until the end. That's why at the almost ending chapter, YHY advised MSS to give up on NQ.

@Snow Guardian I've seen many dramas were all girls like the male lead so I can't help being suspicious of YHY :joy:

Sorry I can't like her she tried killing my SS/Jun Mo can't forgive her. I'll like YHY the day I like MSS :lol:

What burden is YHY carrying? 

YHY advised MSS to give up on NQ? Well this is new information. I never said she wasn't smart lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, n3bula said:

I got the link from @pad-hari guys. Thank you. 

How many chapters have been translated can you please send me the link 

thank you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, n3bula said:

Hello guys. I lost the link to the Yoda translation version of EN. Can someone please share it with me? @UnniSarah @angelangie @epinklyn @Snow Guardian @thartie

Ah sori i am late.

1 hour ago, phuong1317 said:

How many chapters have been translated can you please send me the link 

thank you 

Yoda version aka LNMTL is completely translated. Here you go.

https://lnmtl.com/novel/ever-night

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hiiiiiiiiiii, everyone! :)

I'll be joining in in all this non-spoilery and spoilery talk about the novel or sometimes just lurk around and appreciate what you share.

You have no idea, but I've been looking for you people all over the place, my poor little heart really needed someplace to share my love of the novel :lol:

I am properly reading it from the beginning, but since spoilers do not bother me and as I was waiting for more episodes of Ever Night to be released I browsed through the chapters starting from Wilderness arc...because I just couldn't resist reading about NingSang :wub:

So while officially I'm still on chap 70,  I've browsed through everything from Wilderness till the latest 818 ^^

On 3/12/2019 at 8:00 AM, epinklyn said:

Ah sori i am late.

Yoda version aka LNMTL is completely translated. Here you go.

https://lnmtl.com/novel/ever-night

Ooooh, MTL? For the whole novel? Awesome, now I can further spoil myself, thank you for the link :)

I'm now off to read the 22 pages of goodies you''ve written so far ^^

• Like 2

@Rouzmary  Welcome to the thread. I too am properly reading the novel. Since I started reading it in webnovel, I am trying to accumulate a lot of spirit stones so I can read the novel. Now that I have a lot , I will start where I last left which is chapter  78.  So I am back now @n3bula @Snow Guardian 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@Rouzmary  Welcome to the thread. I too am properly reading the novel. Since I started reading it in webnovel, I am trying to accumulate a lot of spirit stones so I can read the novel. Now that I have a lot , I will start where I last left which is chapter  78.  So I am back now @n3bula @Snow Guardian 

Thanx for the welcome :)

Yeah, accumulating the stones is tad trying, so sometimes I cheat and spend some money which I really should use on other things :lol:

But with these latest chapters being so bloody -when the whole world goes after SS and also the war and after it- I really wonder if they'll make drama NQ in season 2 finally as savage as he has been in the novel all along.

Especially considering all the killing he will do.

Personally I hope they will, because I really love NQ's character and it's so rare to come across main lead who actually does kill and isn't being all soft & oh-noes about it. Kill 'em, I say XD

That's one of the main reasons I love the novel so much. Finally we get ML who kills his enemies properly.

What do you guys think of NQ's ability to kill and not be unnecessarily guilt tripping over it?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rouzmary said:

Thanx for the welcome :)

Yeah, accumulating the stones is tad trying, so sometimes I cheat and spend some money which I really should use on other things :lol:

But with these latest chapters being so bloody -when the whole world goes after SS and also the war and after it- I really wonder if they'll make drama NQ in season 2 finally as savage as he has been in the novel all along.

Personally I hope they will, because I really love NQ's character and it's so rare to come across main lead who actually does kill and isn't being all soft & oh-noes about it. Kill 'em, I say XD

That's one of the main reasons I love the novel so much. Finally we get ML who kills his enemies properly.

What do you guys think of NQ's ability to kill and not be unnecessarily guilt tripping over it?

They won’t make him savage..... In Season 1,  NQ in the novel was savage and they didn’t show it. Even the the fight with XH wasn’t brutal. They showed how much SS is willing to sacrifice for him, will he do the same for her in Season 2???? That is the question @Rouzmary

On 3/14/2019 at 3:39 AM, Rouzmary said:

Hiiiiiiiiiii, everyone! :)

I'll be joining in in all this non-spoilery and spoilery talk about the novel or sometimes just lurk around and appreciate what you share.

You have no idea, but I've been looking for you people all over the place, my poor little heart really needed someplace to share my love of the novel :lol:

I am properly reading it from the beginning, but since spoilers do not bother me and as I was waiting for more episodes of Ever Night to be released I browsed through the chapters starting from Wilderness arc...because I just couldn't resist reading about NingSang :wub:

So while officially I'm still on chap 70,  I've browsed through everything from Wilderness till the latest 818 ^^

Welcome to the forum  @Rouzmary

On 3/14/2019 at 9:36 PM, UnniSarah said:

So I am back now @n3bula @Snow Guardian 

@UnniSarah welcome back chingu :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rouzmary said:

I really wonder if they'll make drama NQ in season 2 finally as savage as he has been in the novel all along.

I like NQ from the novel as well. His character really is savage and like you said he doesn't hesitate to kill or feels guilty after doing it. I personally like that NQ does what he thinks is best for himself and SS. He isn't a bad person, he only does what he has to do in order to survive. Can't fault him for that reason can we? 

As far as NQ being savage in s2 I am not sure. S1 didn't do justice to the character in my opinion. S1 NQ was not like the one in the novel and I didn't see much character growth. Hoping that changes in s2 and they are more true to the novel. Who knows what we will get though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

They won’t make him savage..... In Season 1,  NQ in the novel was savage and they didn’t show it. Even the the fight with XH wasn’t brutal. They showed how much SS is willing to sacrifice for him, will he do the same for her in Season 2???? That is the question @Rouzmary

@UnniSarah you make a great point. SS definitely showed what she was willing to sacrifice for NQ. S2 is supposed to show NQ's devotion/love for SS. I really hope they don't dissapoint us with that. Also hope they give SS equal importance/screen time as they do NQ. If they do that I'll be very happy. 

• Like 2

Chapter 824

Many people died or left and there was always someone who would be concerned about or missing them. However, as Ning Que expected, besides the cat in the Old Brush Pen Shop and the lotus in Yanming Lake, few people still remembered Sangsang.

She was easy to forget—yellow-haired, black-skinned, hard-working, frigorific, and plain-looking. She was so inconspicuous, even being Yama's daughter, the successor of Light, or Haotian. She just vanished.........

There was a new tomb.

It was small, just as small as Sangsang.

There were only some clothes, half a box of notes, and two boxes of cosmetic powder from the Chenjinji Cosmetics Store in the tomb.

The Zengs were standing in front of it, holding each other's hand. Mrs. Zeng must have been weeping for a long time because her eyes were red and swollen. Servants were there cleaning the tomb.

Ning Que bowed and stepped forward. He said respectfully, "Father-in-law, you should take my mother-in-law back."

Zeng Jing had not expected that he would see him outside the city, so he was shocked. Then he understood and cried out, patting him on his shoulders with relief.

Then they all went back home.

Ning Que stood alone at Sangsang's tomb.

He took the letter out and tore the notes apart. Then he burned one half with the receipt in front of her tomb and carefully put the other half in his pocket.

Then he left.......

The notes were sent to the City of Wei.

Sangsang had been sending notes since they arrived in Chang'an.

On this receipt, it said: "No one was found".

No one was in the City of Wei.

Neither was Sangsang.

Ning Que cried inconsolably.

He jumped out of the carriage and ran into the rain.

The rain fell on his face and dirtied his tears.

NQ is in pain and missing his SS :bawling:

• Like 1

CHAPTER 825

SS is back!  @pad-hari @UnniSarah @Snow Guardian @kiara_bleu @thartie @angelangie @epinklyn I would like to know your opinion on this chapter. 

It was a naked woman, who had very white skin. She looked so pure that neither the warm moonlight nor the cold starlight could leave any color on her body.

She was sleeping with her eyes closed and even her eyelashes did not vibrate. She looked very ordinary or bland, but very young.

Her body, on the other hand, was special—her skin looked like silk without any scars and her body was perfect and plump, which looked like a piece of jade or white steamed bread on a black plate under the moon and stars.

Then, her eyelashes vibrated and she opened her eyes and looked around.

She looked taller than average when she stood up and there was no discernable emotion in her eyes. There were just simply the purest black and white.

So she is plump, ordinary and tall 

She noticed a bright light on the cliffs, so she looked up. She saw a bright moon in the Night Dome—this was the picture that she dreamed about many years ago that she hated the most. She frowned and that made her more alive.

The Snow-capped Peak was the highest point of the world. Even though it was broken, its top was still close to the Night Dome, which meant that it was close to the moon. And since she did not like the moon, she decided to leave.

She still doesn't like Fuzi haha

The cliffs were rocky. Even the best cultivator in the world could not get down them easily. However, that did not bother her. She just walked on her bare feet. Every one of her steps created a white lotus that supported her plump body.

Beautiful white lotuses flowered amid the cliffs in a line, like a straight path, leading to the foot of the mountain. She walked on the flowers, floating down from the cliff.
Pretty cool power SS

The crows flew nearby to welcome her return or her arrival, with unknown flowers and grass in their beaks, flying around her.

They dropped the flowers and grass on her body then flew up into the sky, cawing. They had made her a blue robe embroidered with flowers.

She has crows as stylists lol

She was confused by the clothes. She loosened them but found them to still be a little tight, so she frowned........

She found that she was becoming slower and slower, and her aura was getting turbid. She tightly frowned, becoming a little angry.

She was not used to this dirty world nor the slow speed. And what she was most not used to was how plump she had become, and she had not figured out why that was.
Going from being very thin to plump is a big change

She had been walking slowly, so she did not feel tired. When she finally arrived at the Wilderness, she saw weeds and some stinky tents......

She glanced at the tents and knew everything that had happened here. The killer's weapon had been a heavy iron cutlass and he was good at cutting throats.

She frowned again because she remembered the iron cutlass. She also remembered the man who liked to cut throats like this because he said it was the best way to kill.

She kept silent for a little while before she dropped it. As long as she killed that man, this memory in the human world would be erased and she would remember nothing.......

She doesn't want to remember NQ :tears:. Good luck forgetting him SS. Not likely to happen.

Moreover, she enjoyed drinking, and she really could drink......

Some things never change :lol:

When the cavalrymen smelled the tents, they all drew the cutlasses from their waists and straightened their faces, pointed at her, and began shouting. However, she had no idea what they were saying.

This was the first group of people that she had met in this world, so she decided to forgive them rather than punish them or kill them in anger.

She went over to them with no expression on her face. 

• Thanks 1

CHAPTER 826

Looking at the girl in blue walking toward them, these Golden cavalrymen had complicated feelings. They did not know why she was not afraid of the sharp blades in their hands, or how she could be so calm as if she saw nothing.......

In addition to being tall and plump, she was very ordinary, with no weapons in her hand or strong aura at all. He just felt fear for no reason and wanted to throw his cutlass far, far away. He wanted to kneel down in front of her and beg for her forgiveness.

Very interesting how they fear SS now even if she is ordinary looking.

The leader of this group shouted a word. She supposed that it meant "evil girl" or something similar. He drew out his cutlass and hacked without thinking. He had to close his eyes because he was not sure if he would be able to do it after looking at her face one more time.

The sharp cutlass fell onto her head, but it cut no hair off. There was no bleeding, nor did any other cruel thing happen. There was not even a sound of impact. He felt that he had cut into a vast sea. Then, his cutlass began shining and it melted instantly.

The flowers embroidered on her clothes began to spread out, giving off a vast amount of beams of the purest light, which covered the meadow near the tents instantly.

A moment later, she came out of the light and went on to the south.

The light on the grassland gradually went away. The 10 soldiers had fallen down on the ground without breathing, as had their horses. However, there were no wounds or blood on them. The bad smell in the tents had gone as well, leaving only the white bones. That was a purification.

Wow SS is powerful 

The next day, she met some other human beings. They consisted of several horse-drawn carriages and hundreds of riders, whose hoofbeats sounded like thunder. However, in her eyes, they were the same as the weeds under her feet. Thus, she ignored them and continued moving forward........

The cavalrymen did not understand why her face was so frightening because they were just normal people, but the Nation Master was not.

Her face looked ordinary indeed. So extraordinarily normal that once she entered a crowd, you would never be able to find her again nor even be able to remember her face anymore.

She had average eyes, eyebrows, nose, and lips that could be seen anywhere.

However, this kind of banality was the most unusual thing.

So ordinary, and so extraordinary.

No one had seen such an ordinary person in the world, nor should they have. Upon seeing her, the Nation Master figured out who she was and where she came from in a second.

He knelt down and put his forehead to the ground with his palm facing up. He reverently cried out, "Tengri..."......

Our SS making an impression alright.

When the rain beat down, there was nobody around the Sishui River except for a black horse.

It stared at the sky. Up until this moment, it had not figured out what had happened—how the little black girl suddenly had become so beautiful; how the old guy had turned into a fairy; and how Ning Que had been able to fly....

So when SS first turned into Haotian she was beautiful. Now she is ordinary and plump. 

The horse kicked disconsolately and snorted, raising dust and mud.

It could not leave. It had to wait on the shore of the Sishui River until Ning Que returned. It was afraid that if it left, Ning Que would be worried when he could not find it.....

What if Ning Que was alive and he found it in the future? The Big Black Horse was wondering while going toward the swamp in the west of the Wilderness. In fact, that was what it was thinking about right now.

The journey of freedom ended on an ordinary autumn day.

That day, a young girl came out from the depths of the grassland. She looked so ordinary in blue clothes with flowers on them.

The Big Black Horse wanted to convince itself that it did not know her. She was fat and not that tall and she did not have very nice breasts. However, it knew who she was, so it neighed and turned around to run away.

It had never run so fast before—even when it was chasing after the white horse in the Wilderness. It ran faster than Ning Que's arrow.

The wind roared past and the Big Black Horse felt terrified.

Then it fell to the ground heavily, raising up dust.

She had sat on its back from out of nowhere.

The Big Black Horse panicked. The little, thin black girl had become a big, fat white girl...

What had happened to the world? 

That black horse is as confused as I am :lol:. So SS is not beautiful but now her description went from tall/plump to fat/not so tall and with not very nice breasts? :blink: 

So what does she look like? Are the translators not agreeing in their descriptions? Cause in one chapter it says one thing and on the next one it's different. 

@UnniSarah @Snow Guardian @angelangie @thartie @pad-hari @kiara_bleu @epinklyn 

What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

@n3bula Her awakening was well written. It was so intense because of Sang Sang truly hates this world and so will Haotien. Remember Sang Sang was tired of living in this world and decided to leave. Now I think the physical description of SS because of her power. Haotien power is so vast that it will mess up her physica form.  SS hating this world make it easy for Haotien to not feel any guilt on killing people who offend her. Her feelings for NQ is what Haotien needs to suppress becauae they are raw and intense just like her hate for the real world.  You can see how much she dislike every thing until she spend more time in this world. The small things that usd to make her happy in connection to NQ will certainly re-emerge because they are strong. She has always been with him without him she would feel empty like NQ does... I think every action she does was to stop her need or love for NQ... 

NQ and SS’s love for each other is special because now matter what wrong they commit, they would always forgive and understand why they did what they did. 

Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

42 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bula Her awakening was well written. It was so intense because of Sang Sang truly hates this world and so will Haotien. Remember Sang Sang was tired of living in this world and decided to leave. Now I think the physical description of SS because of her power. Haotien power is so vast that it will mess up her physica form.  SS hating this world make it easy for Haotien to not feel any guilt on killing people who offend her. Her feelings for NQ is what Haotien needs to suppress becauae they are raw and intense just like her hate for the real world.  You can see how much she dislike every thing until she spend more time in this world. The small things that usd to make her happy in connection to NQ will certainly re-emerge because they are strong. She has always been with him without him she would feel empty like NQ does... I think every action she does was to stop her need or love for NQ... 

NQ and SS’s love for each other is special because now matter what wrong they commit, they would always forgive and understand why they did what they did. 

Thanks for sharing 

@UnniSarah thanks for sharing your thoughts  chingu. I enjoyed reading this last three chapters very much. NQ is suffering and he misses SS so much. He cries for her it's so heartbreaking yet sweet. 

Now she's back and I can understand why she hates humanity so much. They made her suffer so much and I can't blame her for that. Now like you said she is suppressing those feeling of love for NQ. She doesn't want to have them. Their reunion will be something to look forward to. 

Yes NQ/SS love for one another is special and one of a kind. Which is why they are one of my OTP's 

• Like 1

hey guys we now have a club function and i thought to open one for us all :D  who love to read webnovel :D Chinese one thats :D 

its a pretty new functions so we probably couldnt create thread yet :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought I'd share what I found interesting from this chapter.  

CHAPTER 827

The Big Black Horse thought that it made no sense.

But since she was heaven, everything that she thought could produce unnatural results.

The Big Black Horse had just run hundreds of meters in a short time. Therefore, she returned to the grassland with her hands behind her back.

It had given up the idea of running away and listlessly followed behind her. Her blue dress looked tight on her because she was plump. The Big Black Horse looked at her back and shuddered.

Then it remembered the Calligraphy Addict, who looked slender in the same color clothes, and sighed inwardly. "Ning Que, I told you that woman was better, but you never listenedto me!"

Well since the black horse is team MSS I don't like it :lol:. The horse obviously doesn't get what NingSang means to each other . 

When they returned to the place that she had found it, she saw the black carriage. She entered it quietly and found the broken Big Black Umbrella and the iron box in the corner.

She sat down next to the iron box, stroking it with her fingers and wiping the dust off. Her fingers were very steady and the box became clean instantly....

The black carriage stopped in front of the shop. She went out of the carriage. When she saw her breasts in the tight clothes, she frowned again. She hated her body.

Although the business was not good, the butcher was in a good mood. He did not count on this shop to make a living. At this moment, he was cutting some marinated ribs for his next meal.

Hearing the footsteps, he looked up and was stunned when he saw the girl in blue. He was wondering who she was and why he did not remember her.....

She walked over to him and watched quietly, as if she was very interested in what he was doing.

The butcher just kept cutting.

Then he sped up his breathing like a sick old man. His chest was moving up and down like a bellows and his hand holding the hilt began trembling.

He felt more and more scared, and his speed of cutting the ribs became faster and faster. ...

A drunkard came in from outside. He was murmuring until he saw the crack and the butcher, who was crying like a child that was seeing a ghost.

He opened his mouth and wanted to say something but he discovered that his throat was too dry to make a sound. Only the flagon hanging on his waist shook in the cold wind, making a whooshing sound.

He looked at the girl in blue and his face turned pale in one second. He was in shock because he could not understand anything in front of him and did not know how this had happened.....

However, she was Haotian and this was her world. She was the rule. No matter how deep they understood the rule, they were still in the rule. How could they get away from her?

"Good wine," she looked at him and said.

This was the first time she had spoken in the world. Her voice was so flat, expressing no emotion. It did not sound mechanical but it was blank, quiet, transparent, and void.

She had only said two words, but they sounded like countless syllables. It was as complex as a beautiful song of nature.

Everyone would be in awe when they heard this sound. The higher the level they were at, the more they could feel in her voice and the more eager they would like to worship such a great being.

That included the drunkard and the butcher. 

The drunkard and butcher fear Haotian very much.