Quantcast
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

My Jun Mo :scream:

CHAPTER 766

Second Brother's right arm tore from his shoulder and fell into the green hills. No one knew where it landed.

The sword in Liu Bai's hands broke in two at the same time.

If Jun Mo had been seconds faster, Liu Bai's sword would have broken first.

Jun Mo could not be any faster; that was why his right arm, that had been gripping the iron sword, was broken.

Several tiny cuts appeared on his body.

These wounds all came from Liu Bai's sword style.

His academy uniform was completely drenched in blood, dripping onto the ground.

Blood flowed like the river from where his arm had been torn off.

Jun Mo looked at Liu Bai who was in front of him with a pale face.

His right arm had been broken and his iron sword lost.

CHAPTER 767

Jun Mo wielded his sword amongst the thousands of swords.

Using his left hand.

There were swords everywhere in front of the Verdant Canyon, and sword styles were everywhere. The aura of Heaven and Earth was chaotic.

However, he could still find where his iron sword exactly was.

Because his right arm was still on the iron sword.

By holding his iron sword, he was also holding on to his broken arm.

He pulled out his iron sword and then rushed towards Liu Bai, who was surrounded by thousands of swords.

The iron sword was held in Jun Mo's hand.

Then it was wielded by Jun Mo.

The statement was repeated.

But it was true.

The hilt was held by a broken arm.

And Jun Mo was holding his broken arm.

The image seemed gory, but that was not the point.

Other than the fact that the iron sword seemed to have grown longer.

Jun Mo attacked, focused and solemn. He remained unshaken even though he was bathed in blood...

Liu Bai smiled as he looked down at his bleeding wound.

His smile was not disconsolate, instead it had a tinge of self-mocking and lament.

He had not expected the ending to be like this.

He could accept it if both parties were injured and both had lost. But he found it hard to accept this cause.

This cause was too ludicrous.

The broken sword had met the long sword. And for some reason, the person holding the broken sword had stabbed his opponent to death instead. And for some reason, the person holding the long sword gained an advantage...

Wow that was some fight. So glad Jun Mo won.

l love the bond the brothers/sisters have between them. Mu You loves Jun Mo. She feels his pain. Everyone tries protecting one another. I got so emotional reading this chapter. 

Jun Mo is just the best and will always be my favorite. 

CHAPTER 768

However, they had all rushed over here despite that.

Because Second Brother needed them.

Wang Chi held his medicine box and made preparations with a pale face.

Mu You held her needle, about to staunch the blood flowing from Jun Mo. However, her hands were trembling too badly. She looked at his broken limb and felt as if it was her own arm that had been cut off. She felt a terrible pain.

Jun Mo looked at the single teardrop under her lashes. Then, he raised his left hand and hovered it over the wound.

His fingers flicked lightly, as her tears fell. Pure Qi of Heaven and Earth covered his broken shoulder with an invisible web, immediately staunching the blood. It was like the act of a medical sage.

Wang Chi relaxed slightly as he poured medicine on the wound and prepared to bind it.

Liu Bai looked at the scene playing out 100 feet away from him and did nothing.

He had suddenly gained a deeper understanding as to why the Academy was so powerful........

Liu Bai sighed and said, "You paid such a terrible price but did not kill me in the end. Even I feel that it's not worth it."

Jun Mo said, "I used my arm to exchange for your injury so you would not be able to fight any further. It's worth it in my opinion."

Liu Bai said, "No matter how severe the injury is, I can still recover, but you will never be able to regain your arm. I might not be able to fight now, but that is only temporary. You have lost your sword-wielding right hand. And that is for a lifetime."

"I have lost exchanging my whole life for temporality. But in the battle of the Verdant Canyon, I have won because even though I am almost dead, I have managed to secure the canyon and you have to leave."......

Jun Mo said, "Furthermore, you've failed to kill me, who else can?"

Liu Bai looked at Jun Mo who was bathed in blood while carrying his iron sword. He suddenly felt as if he was looking at a different person.

"I feel as if I'm looking at Mr. Ke."

Liu Bai said, "Yesterday, I regretted and felt that I should have killed you at the beginning of the battle of the Verdant Canyon. However, I'm glad now. You should display your splendor on these plains before you die."......

Bai Haixin lifted his armor and looked at the nearby Verdant Canyon. He looked at the man covered in blood and the iron shelter, a mocking look crossing his frosty face.

"You are disabled now."

He looked at Jun Mo and said, "That is why I will not accept your surrender. Die."

Jun Mo's expression did not change when he heard that.

Mu You looked furious.........

Bai Haixin looked at the Verdant Canyon and frowned slightly. He did not know what had happened. He only felt that the scene before him was blurry, and did not know that many blood lines had appeared on his neck.

Then, he looked at his subordinates beside him.

It was a simple twisting movement, and he twisted his own head off.

His head separated from his body and landed on the ground.

Blood spurted everywhere.

Alarmed screams started.

Jun Mo shook slightly, his face grew even paler.

Beigong Weiyang and Ximen Buhuo were also holding on.

Eldest Brother had fixed the strings on the Chinese zither and unblocked the vertical bamboo flute. They had been injured by the Great Divine Priest of Revelation, and even though Eldest Brother had healed them, they were not able to fully recover in such a short period of time.

They lowered their heads and played their instruments with focus.

The strings of the zither were stained with blood and blood started dripping from the flute.

Mu You stood under the iron shelter, holding several arrows in her hand. She looked at the flooding cavalry.

Sixth Brother stood at the front, outside the shelter. He held the heavy hammer tightly the muscles on his arms almost bursting out of his shirt.

Fourth Brother held the River and Mountain Sandbox. His arms were shaking and his face was pale. He knew that the Academy was facing its greatest danger at that moment and they might all die in it. However, he could not help his Younger Brothers and Sisters.

Jun Mo waved the sword.

He held the hilt of the sword in his left hand, looking majestic.

Blood flew everywhere, hooves breaking and heads flying.

No one knew how many cavalry were felled by the iron sword.

Mu You looked at the cavalry's twisted faces. Her hands pressed down softly, and she broke the arrow in her hands.

A pure Qi of Heaven and Earth overflowed from the iron shelter to the plain.

Five deep ravines suddenly appeared on the surface of the plain that was littered with arrows and blood.

The five ravines surrounded the exit of the Verdant Canyon........

They knew that this was the power of the tactical array. They had to kill the woman powering it as soon as possible.

Sixth Brother held his hammer and stood at the front silently. His bulking figure shielded his junior sister completely.

Several arrows were shot towards them, but his expression did not change.

The sharp arrows pierced through his naked chest, but only left a few white dots on his tanned skin.

A cavalry charged up bravely, crossing the five ravines by luck and he rushed to the front of the shelter.

The war-horse was very fast, speeding against the wind.

Sixth Brother raised his hammer and brought it down.

He had done this action all his life.

Even powerhouses from the Devil's Doctrine might not be able to avoid his hammer.

Much less the ordinary cavalry.....

The sounds of the zither and flute grew weaker.

Beigong Weiyang and Ximen Buhuo were pale and they kept coughing blood.

Mu You grew more and more haggard.

Wang Chi hid behind the furnace anxiously. He looked up at the sky from time to time, as if he was praying.

Only Sixth Brother kept waving his hammer. The ground was littered with dead war-horses with heads split open....

Beigong and Ximen were no longer pale. Their cheeks were suffused with a very ominous glow.

They no longer coughed blood because they had no more blood.

Mu You's hair was messy and unkempt, her Psyche Power was almost drained up.

Even Sixth Brother's muscular arms started to tremble, his hammer even started to look deformed.

Fourth Brother stared at the River and Mountain Sandbox silently.

Wang Chi had already stood up from behind the furnace. He looked at the Night Dome and muttered to himself.

They have not seen Second Brother's figure in a long time.

But they knew that he was still fighting.

The iron sword was still there....

Jun Mo held the sword single-handedly before the green hills.

He was drenched in blood and filth. His face was pale, but he looked just as calm.

One would usually describe mountains and forests as glorious and flourishing.

But sometimes, these adjectives could be used to describe a person's disposition and appearance.

Just like how he was right now.

Looking at the thousands of cavalrymen who gradually left the Verdant Canyon, the iron sword in his hand finally dropped slowly.

He turned and looked at the children under the iron shelter and nodded at them calmly.

Then he looked up at the green hills.

In the morning light, the green hills were beautiful.

The green hills must think that he was beautiful as well.

The battle was intense and I can't wait to see this on screen. 

So this is after Hoatian SS decides to return to her God country, at first everyone thought that she left the human world but it turned out she couldn't actually go back to her God country because she was pregnant. She decided to hide out in the north. She got found by NQ somehow after he got reports telling him that a secluded place in the north had all its animals and snow chickens hunted until there was none left suggesting that a large predator lived there such as SS and her lion.

Ch 1091

He is going toward the mountain range abandoned by Haotian. He is a person who was abandoned by Haotian. Or it can be said that he was abandoned in the human world by Haotian. Now he is going to get her back.

Finally arrived at the hot sea, there is no hot steam, only thick snow, and a piercing chilliness. NQ is pulling the big black horse, walking to a wooden house abandoned by the desolate, recalling the past when teacher brought himself and her here, thinking about the wedding that only Heaven and Earth witnessed, his heart warmed a little. The stone statue in his arms also becomes very warm, telling him he came to the right place, she should be here. But where exactly is she? He arrives next to the window of the wooden house, looks at the dark snowy expanse and the height of the mountain peak that is unimaginable.

In the window there is an oil lamp, SS quietly watches him, face like a silver moon illuminated by the light of dusk. She can see him. He can't see her. They were originally people from two worlds. NQ stood beside the window for a long time, until his eyebrows are dyed white by the snow before he leaves. He walks to the edge of the snow forest, he suddenly stops. He looked at somewhere under the tree, the hand holding the reins begin to tremble.

Ch 1092

Under the tree, there are leftover chicken bones. NQ looks at these chicken bones silently for a very long time. The big black horse got a little restless and snorted, looking back at the wooden house, his mood a little uneasy. NQ suddenly turns around, pulling it before again arriving in front of the wooden house, he pushes the door to enter. Inside the house there is darkness, without a trace of light, empty, there is no one. NQ loosens the reins, walks to the window, looks towards the snowy expanse. On top of the table, the oil lamp shines, SS quietly watches him. He still can't see her, but he knows that she is here, so he starts to speak.

LQ died. He paused for a while, continues to say, In Northern Yan, I killed him......, I didn't expect, this matter would end so simply, In my original arrangement, I had prepared to abolish him (abolish his martial arts), afterward in prison him in the Demon's sect gate mountain, so that he would never again be free like how little senior Uncle at that time dealt with Master Lotus, in the same way. But then I thought, actually it is very unreasonable, he didn't offend me too much, except for the time that he had a slightly bad attitude towards you, and tried to threaten me with you, and none of those became reality......Master Lotus killed Smiley (Little senior Uncles wife?). He didn't hurt you, my response was somewhat excessively intense.

NQ turns around, looking into the dark room, says, Since picking you up from beside that mulberry (sang) tree which didn't have any bark, the most intense emotions in my life, occur all because of you, at the very beginning killing grandpa, afterward LQ, remember when we first came into Wei city, I got into a lot of fights for you. SS is very close to him. If there was no barrier. Perhaps they can hear each others breathing, listening to his words, her expression as before is indifferent, her eyelashes slowly fall. Seemingly a little tired.

I went to Lan Ke Temple. Carved a lot of stone statues.....in your image. NQ takes out a stone statue. Puts it on top of the table in front of the window, says I don't know if you still remember or not, what you said that year when you were sick in the Zen Temple. But I still remember. SS looks towards the table top, saw herself sleeping on her side, her eyes show a curious expression. Of course, I first went to Wei city, I always thought that that place had a relatively important significance for you and I. You might have stayed there, unfortunately, I didn't find you, yeah, I killed a lot of people there. NQ suddenly stops narrating, after a long silence, says, I don't want to talk about it.........cries bitterly, I stabbed myself, trying to force you to come out, that's not interesting, anyway I came......

He looks at the empty night in front of him, says, you come out. There is no stirred up feelings, there is no need to recollect, only a calm request, just like in the past many years ago, you serve me a cup of tea, you pour me water, you put your feet in my arms, let me touch you properly. In the peaceful wooden house, resounds a light, inaudible sound, as if the thinnest paper was cut by the sharpest knife, or like the most brittle glass falling from the sky to the ground, shatters, then opens.

The dim ray of light, gradually permeates the whole space, from one thread of light to ten thousand threads, eventually lighting up the entire wooden house, lighting up the stone statue lying on top of the table, lighting up NQ's face, it also shows the reflection of her silhouette. NQ looks at her who he has been long separated from, looks at her swollen waist, looks at the simple and crude animal skin clothes on her body, inexplicably feelings of sadness come forth, goes forward and pulls her into his arms, hugging her tight. SS expressionlessly lets him hug her, looks up, appears extremely arrogant, of course, it can also be said to be dull. Let go, she says. The blue/greenish lion rushes out from the corner, it's forelegs bent low, adopting a posture wanting to pounce, issues a threatening low roar.

The big black horse occupies a commanding position to stare at it, the look is cruel, the meaning is clear. The blue/greenish lion quickly restrains it's voice and becomes honest and lovable. NQ hugs SS, his head is buried into her neck, his voice is somewhat muffled, somewhat unclear, what is unclear is the pitch of his voice, but the meaning is clear, and cannot be questioned. Not letting go. SS says indifferently, Let go. NQ says, Not letting go. Let go. Not letting go. Let go. Not letting go.....I said I'm not letting go, so I'm not letting go. The big black horse and the blue/greenish lion look at each other, very sensibly walk to the corner, pretend that they didn't see anything, didn't hear anything.

NQ is just hugging SS like this, holding her until the seas run dry and the rocks crumble (idiom forever/ until the end of time), enduring while the world lasts (idiom eternally). Don't know how much time past, in short, the sea definitely hasn't changed into a mulberry (sang) field. SS's slightly raised head, finally fell down, so the cheeks of two people touched warmly.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

On 2/11/2019 at 2:51 PM, kiara_bleu said:

Remember in the beginning of the novel when NQ talked about how love is for idiots?  I think YHY looks at it the same way but unlike NQ she never found someone worth loving or sacrificing for like SS.  She always mentions and almost takes pride in talking about how the only person in the world like her is NQ in terms of their ruthlessness and fearlessness.  YHY and NQ also have this relationship where they always try to look for the other's weakness and YHY here just wants to belittle NQ's love to get him riled up.  But what she does not really realize is that there is one thing NQ is most afraid of...SS and her leaving him.  That's always been the case since they were young. 

Most people also don't really understand the dynamic between NQ and SS.  They always just see it in terms of their title...whether they were the young master and handmaiden, when SS was either daughter of Yama or Haotian and NQ is human, or now as husband and wife.  People either saw NQ as a thoughtless and selfish young master who takes advantage of his handmaiden, then they are confused why he would choose his plain handmaiden over a beautiful and accomplished cultivator, then they don't understand how he could defy the world to save daughter of Yama...and so on...now YHY looks at SS as a pampered wife making NQ look pitiful.  Some people just don't see how they care for and can't live without each other. And NQ and SS never had a typical romantic relationship.

Also, how funny is it that they left their children to be taken cared of by SS parents as if even they can't get in between their relationship. Remember when they didn't even want any servants because they both prefer that it's only SS serving NQ.  It's always just the two of them in their world :lol:.

You are right, I had forgotten how antagonistic NQ and YHY normally are they are always pushing each other's buttons. I think the drama made me confused because it showed YHY and NQ becoming like friends towards the end. But instead of friends, I think they are more like life long enemies. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, n3bula said:

Good points. 

I do wonder why is SS is so attached to that dog? She always holds it :lol:

As far as their children go it makes me sad that SS isn't taking care of them her self. I mean remember little SS to have a child with NQ. Now Haotian SS prefers holding a dog :crazy:. Is it cause this SS is indifferent to everything? She seems not to remember many things. Now we know our little SS is still there deep down. So I'm hoping the maternal instincts kick in eventually lol. 

Now NQ should also try to look out for the babies too. He can encourage SS to love them. Guess he is too busy trying to get SS back to her old self lol. So he started with teaching her how to cook. 

These two are something else :joy:

I think the lion became a dog when the new world formed LOL. But I'm not sure when the green lion first appeared.  I don't think it was there when SS first became Haotian. But the lion/dog is the daughter of Yama's protector. It protected her when she was alone and pregnant also when she gave birth. The drama hints at this when NQ and SS visit the old General Lin's Mansion when they first get to Tang city, NQ throws a rock at the crows following them, SS comments on the lion statue guarding the mansion.

I saw a really adorable narration of the ending on youtube where NQ dotes on his baby daughter because she looks like dark SS, and he goes hunting together with them (cutting down firewoods LOL) while SS stays at home making noodles but I realized it must have been fanfiction LOL.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

Ch 1091

He is going toward the mountain range abandoned by Haotian. He is a person who was abandoned by Haotian. Or it can be said that he was abandoned in the human world by Haotian. Now he is going to get her back.

Yes go and get your woman back :)

43 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

recalling the past when teacher brought himself and her here, thinking about the wedding that only Heaven and Earth witnessed, his heart warmed a little. The stone statue in his arms also becomes very warm, telling him he came to the right place, she should be here. But where exactly is she?

I love reading how much NQ's heart warms at the very thought of SS. 

46 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

On top of the table, the oil lamp shines, SS quietly watches him. He still can't see her, but he knows that she is here, so he starts to speak

They have such a strong connection :wub:

48 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

NQ turns around, looking into the dark room, says, Since picking you up from beside that mulberry (sang) tree which didn't have any bark, the most intense emotions in my life, occur all because of you, at the very beginning killing grandpa, afterward LQ, remember when we first came into Wei city, I got into a lot of fights for you

NQ is really trying to get her to understand what she means to him. 

50 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

Of course, I first went to Wei city, I always thought that that place had a relatively important significance for you and I. You might have stayed there, unfortunately, I didn't find you, yeah, I killed a lot of people there. NQ suddenly stops narrating, after a long silence, says, I don't want to talk about it.........cries bitterly, I stabbed myself, trying to force you to come out, that's not interesting, anyway I came

Wow NQ was desperate to get her to return. My heart hurts for him :heartbreak:

52 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

NQ looks at her who he has been long separated from, looks at her swollen waist, looks at the simple and crude animal skin clothes on her body, inexplicably feelings of sadness come forth, goes forward and pulls her into his arms, hugging her tight. SS expressionlessly lets him hug her, looks up, appears extremely arrogant, of course, it can also be said to be dull. Let go, she says. 

Finally he sees her:). SS why are you so cold with him? He deserves some loving right now. He has gone through so much. It's funny how NQ makes me so mad at him at times but right now i feel for him.

55 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

The blue/greenish lion quickly restrains it's voice and becomes honest and lovable. NQ hugs SS, his head is buried into her neck, his voice is somewhat muffled, somewhat unclear, what is unclear is the pitch of his voice, but the meaning is clear, and cannot be questioned. Not letting go. SS says indifferently, Let go. NQ says, Not letting go. Let go. Not letting go. Let go. Not letting go.....I said I'm not letting go, so I'm not letting go.

SS has a lion? Cool. 

Come on SS you know you love him holding you lol

57 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

NQ is just hugging SS like this, holding her until the seas run dry and the rocks crumble (idiom forever/ until the end of time), enduring while the world lasts (idiom eternally). Don't know how much time past, in short, the sea definitely hasn't changed into a mulberry (sang) field. SS's slightly raised head, finally fell down, so the cheeks of two people touched warmly.

:love:

@satanghaesolim2 thank you so much for the translation my friend. NingSang is really one of my favorite OTP. NQ is determined not to let SS push him away even though she only shows indifference. Still I know NQ knows she loves him as deeply as he loves her. These two really go through a lot just to be together. 

Guys what are your thoughts on these chapters?? 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, satanghaesolim2 said:

I think the lion became a dog when the new world formed LOL. But I'm not sure when the green lion first appeared.  I don't think it was there when SS first became Haotian. But the lion/dog is the daughter of Yama's protector. It protected her when she was alone and pregnant also when she gave birth. The drama hints at this when NQ and SS visit the old General Lin's Mansion when they first get to Tang city, NQ throws a rock at the crows following them, SS comments on the lion statue guarding the mansion.

I saw a really adorable narration of the ending on youtube where NQ dotes on his baby daughter because she looks like dark SS, and he goes hunting together with them (cutting down firewoods LOL) while SS stays at home making noodles but I realized it must have been fanfiction LOL.

I knew nothing about the lion so it is new information for me lol. If the lion did become a dog I can now understand SS being attached to it. It protected her when she was lonely and while giving birth. 

SS don't forget NQ protects you as well :lol:. SS may say NQ does but he makes me mad being such a flirt while the lion is loyal and only looks at me :joy:. Good point SS. 

Aww yes probably fan fiction. I would have loved for Mao Ni to add interactions with NingSang and their super babies. These babies must be powerful look who their parents are lol. 

• Like 3

I just realized that NQ's first killing is when he was 4, and he killed his own young master aka General Lin's son :tears:

Chapter 473

"Why I should follow the book?"

"Why the general's son can live and I have to die?"

"Why I should be killed?"

There was complete silence in front of the palace.

No one was able to answer his question, therefore, only Ning Que' voice could be heard in the snow, becoming colder and higher.

"I'm only a gatekeeper' son."

"But I want to live."

"I have to live."

Ning Que talked about his thought calmly and firmly, like talking about the truth of the sun rising every day and water moving down.

"So when the housekeeper was persuading me to take off my clothes while moving to take a chopper, I grabbed it first and stabbed him in his stomach."

"I seemed to stab him more than once."

"Maybe five times."

"Since I was not strong enough and stabbed him not deeply enough, I had to stab him over and over again until he was dead. He just looked at me alarmedly as if I was a monster and did not make any noises. I kept wondering whether he was too shocked to say anything or he just did not want to be found."

He paused for a while and said, "My master, the general's son, had no idea of what had happened. He found the old man lying in the pool of blood and then he rushed toward me. He tried to hit me and bite me like a crazy man."

He shook his head and said, "I was panicked and waving the chopper to stop him until I scratched him with the chopper. Then he covered his neck with his hands and fell on the woodpile.

"The blood came from his fingers so quickly even though I had tried to help him cover it. I failed and he died in front of me with his blood coagulating in my hands."

Ning Que raised his head to look at the people in the snow. He shook his head after a long time and said, "It was not a manslaughter."

"Maybe I meant to kill him at that time."

He looked at Xia Hou and smiled, "Only if he was dead, I, a son of a gatekeeper would be able to avoid catching your attention."

The whole world was enveloped by snow and wind as if it were dead.

The snowflakes fell on Ning Que's face which made him look even grimmer.

The smile on his face was seemingly warm but extremely grim.

People saw his smile and were badly shocked. They felt an unprecedented cold.

They seemed to have seen what happened in the woodshed decades ago.

A four years old boy was standing beside two corpses, desperate and terrified, with a chopper in his trembling hands and on the verge of collapsing at any moment.

However, he did not.

Today, the boy was standing in front of the palace, telling people about the story from long ago.

The story in the book was always the same.

However, his was not in the book.

---------

They are so different with the drama, omg, how scary NQ's novel is! The drama really make him noble and the revealing scene was so touching and full of humanity instead of thrilling like in the novel.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 10:14 AM, epinklyn said:

They are so different with the drama, omg, how scary NQ's novel is! The drama really make him noble and the revealing scene was so touching and full of humanity instead of thrilling like in the novel.

Yes the NQ from the novel is savage. In the drama he is nicer. I wonder if S2 NQ will be more true to the novel. We shall find out soon.

• Like 1

Hello everyone 

I’m back 

I have been reading the novel on webnovel ans Ibstill haven’t accumulated enough stones to open all the chapter. :bawling::bawling:. Truthfully I prefer the webnovel translation to the novel. 

After encounting the little Prince and the way Princess is teaching how he shouldn’t get any darker seemed really wrong in Ning Que’s eyes.

Sang Sang refused to see the Princess as a bad person. I think Sang Sang was very biased but Ning Que saw the Princess as the selfish person she is.  As the novel progresses we learn that the Princess really only wanted to control NQ through Sang Sang. Remember Princess was so pissed that Sang sang found her birth parent. As a friend she should have been happy for her because now Sang Sang can finally have a better life financially but we all know all Sang Sang want is Ning Que. lol lol 

Chapter 91 

Young master, why don't you like her?" Sangsang stopped and looked up at him.

Ning Que thought that it was necessary to let the little handmaiden know his honest thoughts. He hesitated for a moment and said, "I don't think she's a good person in the traditional sense, though she is really good to you."

Sangsang did not know why he was being so stubborn on this issue, and she asked seriously, "If Her Highness isn't a nice person, then why did she go to the grassland and why is she so good to Xiaoman?"

Ning Que looked at her quietly and suddenly said, "If she is a good person, then why did she go to the grassland and why is she so good to Xiaoman? I don't think all the stepmothers in the world are bad people, but I have also never seen a stepmother who regards Xiaoman's life to be more important than her own."

Asking the same question, Sangsang seemed to prove that Her Highness was a good person, while Ning Que used it to prove the opposite. She was wondering what he wanted to say, looking at him in confusion.

At the moment, a light rain began to drift from the sky over the city of Chang'an in the late spring. Ning Que took the big black umbrella from her back and opened it. Continuing moving forward, he then said, "When things are abnormal, they're often evil. His Highness' stepmother is so young, is her maternal nature suddenly flourishing? It seems that it's too soon for that. I think this is empathy. She was transferring her love for Chanyu to the boy... In this case, how sorry she feels for Chanyu, who rests in the grassland.

"Only military forces in borders like ours know what a great master Chanyu was. So, how was such a superior man murdered and usurped unexpectedly by his idiot younger brother?"

"Young master, what on earth do you want to say?"

"What I want to say is that Her Highness will feel regret all of her life because Chanyu was the one who really loved her, the only one who dared to love her sincerely."

"I don't understand."

"Nevermind."

Sangsang kept silent for a long time, and suddenly spoke, "Do you think the princess is the one who killed Chanyu?"

"It seems that your general foolishness in life is an excuse for laziness," Ning Que answered indirectly.

Sangsang lowered her head, walking under the black umbrella with her little fist slightly clenching, and asked, "What's the evidence?"

"There are lots of things in this world that don't need evidence."

Ning Que watched the light drizzle outside the umbrella, and said, "She could not only resolve the attacks from some villains in the Empire but also gain the mercy from His Majesty by showing weakness in the battle with Her Majesty. What's more, she could win the respect of the citizens of the Tang Empire and even develop her own strengths in the grassland. Yet, it was impossible for her to stay in the grassland forever, since His Majesty is getting older and the person succeeding the throne needs to be confirmed as soon as possible. There's only one way to come back as a woman deeply loved by Chanyu."

Sangsang whispered, lowering her head, "But Her Highness was only 12 or 13 years old when she decided to leave for the grassland."

"I'd already begun to kill people in the Horse Gang at the age of 12 or 13. A person's ability is not necessarily proportional to his age." Ning Que held the big black umbrella and gradually sped up, and then said, shaking his head, "What I said is only a reason why Her Highness might do that and get benefits. But in my opinion, the best proof of the matter is the words that I said earlier.

"We all know how great Chanyu was, though he died young. Such a great man is hard to kill... unless the murderer is the one whom he trusted the most."

Sangsang bowed her head with her lips curled, and then softly muttered, "Anyway, this is just your guess, young master."

"I, too, wish that the speculation is wrong and that this world is full of fairy tales in which the prince and the princess finally live happily ever after. But you see... the prince in the grassland died, and the princess came back home," replied Ning Que.

Sangsang looked up and a drop of rain fell off from her dark black cheeks. She looked at him angrily and asked, "Young master, why is the world so dark in your eyes?"

Ning Que stopped and watched her wordlessly. A good while later he said in a cold voice, "Because the world that I've seen is so dark since the time that I survived and picked you up from the dead bodies by the roadside."

With these words, he also felt that he was not on his best behavior. He walked angrily toward the street. He was wondering if the shadow cast on his spirit by the old library of the Academy or the impending murder had made the rain outside the big black umbrella seem not that fresh, but a bit dull.

Sangsang stood in the rain watching his back, and suddenly hurried to catch up to him with the big black umbrella. She then reached her hand to grab his sleeve hanging down from his right hand, and never let it go.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone 

I’m back 

I have been reading the novel on webnovel ans Ibstill haven’t accumulated enough stones to open all the chapter. :bawling::bawling:. Truthfully I prefer the webnovel translation to the novel. 

After encounting the little Prince and the way Princess is teaching how he shouldn’t get any darker seemed really wrong in Ning Que’s eyes.

Sang Sang refused to see the Princess as a bad person. I think Sang Sang was very biased but Ning Que saw the Princess as the selfish person she is.  As the novel progresses we learn that the Princess really only wanted to control NQ through Sang Sang. Remember Princess was so pissed that Sang sang found her birth parent. As a friend she should have been happy for her because now Sang Sang can finally have a better life financially but we all know all Sang Sang want is Ning Que. lol lol 

@UnniSarah welcome back chingu. Thanks Thanks for sharing this chapter. It is too bad the princess had other motives to befriend SS. Yes NQ always saw right through her though. Yes SS only needs her NQ so bye bye princess lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@n3bula.... Such sadnessss as I read NightFall. 

Chapter 92  At his moment I believe that Ning Que chose to survive because of Sang Sang. He was also tire of loving this life. 

Upon hearing the words General's Mansion, Chen Zixian's turbid eyes suddenly became bright and his face gradually became relieved as his trembling hands subconsciously gesticulated in the wet firewood. He said with a trembling voice, staring at Ning Que's childish face, "So, that's how matters stand. So... the general's son is still alive. You... you said... you've been admitted to the Academy. That's really good... really good. I've lived such a tired life these years... To know before my death that the son of the general is still alive... and lives a good life... I can really rest in peace."

"Who is not tired of living?" Ning Que looked down on the hollows, which were made by the impact of the rain upon the ground, and whispered, "I had to learn calligraphy, Mathematical Olympiad, piano, and drawing. And I had to run around on the backseat of mother's bike every weekend and finally get more familiar with the children's palace than my own home. Am I not tired?"

Chen Zixian did not understand this dialogue. He clutched his bleeding cut, shaking his head painfully. 

• Like 2

Ning Que speech gives us hint why he has to kill General XiaHou. Ning Que has to kill him other wise he might have lost his mind.

"Before that, I've never killed anyone, but now I find it easier to kill people than doing examination questions. I am not married, yet I need to drag along a kid to travel with me thousand miles across Min Mountain. Everytime I met up with someone, I kept worrying that he had the intention to kill me and snatch away the kid to marry as wife. Do you think I am not tired?"

"You are the one that caused me to feel so tired. Hence, I need to kill all of you in order to feel more relaxed. It's only when the blood in all of your bodies flow out can I feel my hands clean. You may take this as a cold-blooded revenge, but sometimes, I felt that it is necessary for me to clean my hands."

Ning Que stared at the dying old man and said, "I am going to use your blood, for the washing of the blood on my hands."

After which, he squatted down and picked up the chopper that was beside the old man. He looked at the old man and added, "As to whether you can die in peace, you can ask the people you've killed at the General's Mansion when you reached the Underworld. However, I believed a useless man like you, who wasted your whole life singing one's own praises about loyalty and thought that going through hardships is a way to pay for your evil deeds, will never be able to die in peace."

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bula.... Such sadnessss as I read NightFall. 

Chapter 92  At his moment I believe that Ning Que chose to survive because of Sang Sang. He was also tire of loving this life. 

23 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Ning Que speech gives us hint why he has to kill General XiaHou. Ning Que has to kill him other wise he might have lost his mind.

I agree. NQ's reason for living has always been SS and his need to get revenge for all those deaths. That one event completely changed his whole life. Once he got his revenge he could let go of that hate. However, the world again chose to try and kill the one person he loves the most. NQ/SS can't seem to catch a break. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, n3bula said:

I agree. NQ's reason for living has always been SS and his need to get revenge for all those deaths. That one event completely changed his whole life. Once he got his revenge he could let go of that hate. However, the world again chose to try and kill the one person he loves the most. NQ/SS can't seem to catch a break. 

@n3bula.... NQ’s life has been one fight after another. That is why when he is being selfish , I can’t really be mad or hate him. He deserves some kind of happiness.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bula.... NQ’s life has been one fight after another. That is why when he is being selfish , I can’t really be mad or hate him. He deserves some kind of happiness.  

I agree he deserves happiness. Both SS/NQ need to be together and happy. It really is all they truly want. 

• Like 2

While enduring this long wait for NQ and SS to be together again here is a sweet mini reunion between the the two from when NQ had a near death experience after one of his revenge killings and Chen Pipi had to save him:

Chapter 117:

Availing himself of the big black umbrella as a crutch, the seriously injured lad walked slowly out of the old library, like an old man with a stoop doing morning exercises. He strolled leisurely along the skirts of the wetland in the morning sun rays, and out of the front gate of the Academy.

Outside of the plain-looking stone gate was a stretch of green meadow that was like a big felt blanket, in which dozens of slate-paved carriage lanes were partly visible, and farther along was a large collection of blossoms. When in mid-summer, the blooms would give way to exuberant leaves and small fruits.

At the far end of the meadow, driving lanes, and trees stood a carriage, which had been waiting for a while, and even the horse lowered its head tiredly. Next to the horse squatted a little servant-dressed girl, who had not had a wink of sleep for a day and a night. Her swarthy little face appeared greyish-pale out of exhaustion and worry, as though it was applied by one of Chenjinji Cosmetics Store's powders.

Yesterday morning, Ning Que did not return in the wake of killing, and some serious-looking local-government runners came and made some inquiries. The clatter of hoofs of the Yulin Royal Guards on the streets told Sangsang that something had gone amiss. She forced herself to suppress all of her uneasiness, and waited in silence in the Old Brush Pen Shop. The carriage which took Ning Que had not yet shown up and, eventually, she felt she could not wait any longer.

Inquiring of a coachman, Sangsang was assured that Ning Que had left with a carriage to the Academy, and contemplating a while, she then produced 10 silvers and asked the coachman to take her to the Academy. From then on, she hunkered next to the carriage and meadow, silently waiting.

She was not informed of Ning Que's condition, yet was quite sure that he was seriously wounded, and that he might have hidden away somewhere to cure himself. She did not dare to fish information from instructors or students, so waiting was all she could do.

Sangsang squatted beside the trees, watching the gate go from being shrouded in darkness, to being shone on by the rising morning sun; watching lights go on and off in study rooms; watching an army of ants come and go in front her shoes; watching people walk in and out of the Academy; and hearing the loud chants of the students. Nonetheless, there was no sight of her young master.

Some students came with carriages and saw the maidservant of Ning Que squatting beside the lane. They, mostly out of curiosity, had come to her for a chat. She gave no comments, only looked in the direction of the gate of the Academy.

Sangsang saw the person she longed to see after watching the whole night, which she felt was almost as long as her entire life.

She rubbed her sore eyes, and her little pale face was gradually suffused with color. She closed her eyes and held her hands in front of her chest, murmuring something, then propped herself up quickly. Her weak and delicate body almost fell over, as her legs were stiff from being in the squatting posture for such a long time.

Ning Que, holding the big black umbrella, walked slowly next to her, and peered at this familiar swarthy face, which was evidently worried and exhausted. All of a sudden, pathos arose from Ning Que's heart. Though they had been through countless situations traversing life and death, it was still worthy of a celebration to meet each other in the wake of his near-death experience.

Opening his arms subconsciously and trying to hug her, Ning Que just found that the little handmaiden had already grown a lot since they left the City of Wei, reaching the level of his chest. He paused for a moment, stretched out his hand, and rubbed her head instead.

Lifting her little face, Sangsang beamed.

Turning and walking toward the carriage, they supported one another, feeling connected, and said no more.

• Love 2

How long is this war going to last?? Don't get me wrong I love the novel but I'm getting impatient waiting for SS to return even though it's not going to be total happiness for NQ 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, toninha said:

How long is this war going to last?? Don't get me wrong I love the novel but I'm getting impatient waiting for SS to return even though it's not going to be total happiness for NQ 

SS comes back on chapter 824. I miss her too. Hang in there. 

• Like 3