Quantcast
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

11 hours ago, thartie said:

Hahahha. I would love to discuss the book with you all. Add @n3bula here. She always wanted to be spoiled.

@thartie thanks for thinking of me. You know me and my love for spoilers lol. 

It is always fun to have book discussions especially with friends :)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, n3bula said:

@thartie thanks for thinking of me. You know me and my love for spoilers lol. 

It is always fun to have book discussions especially with friends :)

@n3bula  Chingu I thought you already knew about this thread. It was DM to our little group message. Sorry for not mentioning your name. :tears::tears:

@epinklyn.... I think Ning Que’s feeling for Sang Sang was already there and he knew it already. But because Sang Sang is young and very bossy he never tried anything. If I recall when Sang Sang finally left home. He finally admitted the truth about how he really felt.  Sadly these words he said wasn’t told to our Sang Sang. Once i find it I will post it here. What happens in the drama isn’t what he said in the novel. I preferred the novel confession better than the drama. In the drama it was sweet but a bit childish. In the novel it felt more like a man’s confession.  

I think the reason he joined the Army was for Sang Sang. Every move the man makes is for Sang Sang. You need to also remember that in the novel SS doesn’t talk . She doesn’t really like to talk. Ning Que did most of the talking.  He is also a romantic but no one here could ever have imagined that since he wears a mask. 

P. S going to bed now . I will try to prepare a beautiful presentation for proof of his feelings. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 5:31 PM, epinklyn said:

Ah ic, glad we can have our place in here then.

I just remembered that actually NQ started to feel that SS was getting pretier or maybe he started has a feeling for her, but still unsure about it, or maybe after the event happened in vermillion bird gate, they have emotional issue as the novel said, maybe they started the puberty age LOL.

They both were so funny when they found out that the academy doesnt give any free food and lodge, instead they have to pay 30 tael silver a month, SS was so angry, since they have no money back then and NQ want to be a killer or robber for income LOL

Thanks for sharing. I do like to see glimpses of NQ seeing SS in a different light. Sometimes we cannot see what's right in front of us. NQ/SS are always together so it can take them a little longer to become aware of different feelings. 

SS takes care of that money even better than NQ lol. I must say that it's great that in the novel they are equals. Or dare I say SS is the boss in that relationship lol. She usually has the last word and defeats NQ. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bula  Chingu I thought you already knew about this thread. It was DM to our little group message. Sorry for not mentioning your name. :tears::tears:

@epinklyn.... I think Ning Que’s feeling for Sang Sang was already there and he knew it already. But because Sang Sang is young and very bossy he never tried anything. If I recall when Sang Sang finally left home. He finally admitted the truth about how he really felt.  Sadly these words he said wasn’t told to our Sang Sang. Once i find it I will post it here. What happens in the drama isn’t what he said in the novel. I preferred the novel confession better than the drama. In the drama it was sweet but a bit childish. In the novel it felt more like a man’s confession.  

I think the reason he joined the Army was for Sang Sang. Every move the man makes is for Sang Sang. You need to also remember that in the novel SS doesn’t talk . She doesn’t really like to talk. Ning Que did most of the talking.  He is also a romantic but no one here could ever have imagined that since he wears a mask. 

P. S going to bed now . I will try to prepare a beautiful presentation for proof of his feelings. 

@UnniSarah Chingu don't worry I know you knew that I was aware of this new thread since I'm always commenting on the other one lol. I thanked @angelangie as well for making it. Just didn't get a chance to comment last night on here. 

I agree with you NQ has always loved SS but her age was a problem. He saw her as a young girl and did not want to allow himself to think of her as a woman. Which I think is so sweet because he always thought of protecting her. 

The way NQ finally admitted his feelings for SS in the novel was great. He didn't really need Chen Pipi to make him realize those feelings like in the drama. 

Looking forward to reading your presentation :)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, thartie said:

We had it in DM because we don't want to to spoil the drama to people who doesn't like spoiler. You know. Lol

I was planning of 're reading the novel as well to get a better understanding but got caught up with works and something else. 

@thartie once you get the chance to read it come and share your thoughts with us. Even if you don't read it still share your thoughts. Having everyone comment makes it even more interesting. We all have different views and that helps us better understand things or see them in different light. Thanks to you, @UnniSarah, @epinklyn, @kiara_bleu, and @angelangie I'm overcoming my MSS trauma :joy:

• LOL 5

So I just realized now after rereading that NQ and SS family home were actually opposite each other:

They reached the middle of the lane, where two mansion gates sat opposite each other. In the mansion on the right, the two solemn stone lions by its entrance were very clean, without any visible dust or fallen leaves on it. The vermilion gate was tightly shut and the copper rings just hung there.

On the contrary, the mansion on their left was in a derelict state, with the paint on its gate chipping and the fragments of its two strip seals languidly blowing in the wind. Only one stone lion remained, with the other one missing. But even the remaining one was left dilapidated and incomplete, with darkened mud collecting behind it and some patches of what seemed like coagulated blood.

The dilapidated mansion belonged to former Xuanwei General Lin Guangyuan. In the first year of Tianqi era when the Emperor was doing his inspections in Nanze City, a huge collusion and treason case broke out in the capital Chang'an. The prince personally oversaw the investigations, with the prime minister and other high-ranking officials assisting. Lin Guangyuan was eventually charged for treason and his whole family was executed.

"This mansion is considered haunted and ominous, and yet the one opposite is highly coveted. Do you know why? That year, Xuanwei General lived opposite to Official of Counsel. When Xuanwei General's entire family was executed, the Official of Counsel was instead promoted quickly in his career. He is now a scholar of the Imperial Library. It's easy to guess that many fourth or fifth-grade officials are eager to feed off some of that luck by living in his former mansion, isn't it?"

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, n3bula said:

@thartie once you get the chance to read it come and share your thoughts with us. Even if you don't read it still share your thoughts. Having everyone comment makes it even more interesting. We all have different views and that helps us better understand things or see them in different light. Thanks to you, @UnniSarah, @epinklyn, @kiara_bleu, and @angelangie I'm overcoming my MSS trauma :joy:

poor you **hugss**

• Like 1

10 hours ago, n3bula said:

Awwww...of course @n3bula my friend. I got you. Anything you wanted to know about the novel.  And you're right, each and everyone's understanding differs so better to talk it out in the open. :)

3 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

So I just realized now after rereading that NQ and SS family home were actually opposite each other:

They reached the middle of the lane, where two mansion gates sat opposite each other. In the mansion on the right, the two solemn stone lions by its entrance were very clean, without any visible dust or fallen leaves on it. The vermilion gate was tightly shut and the copper rings just hung there.

On the contrary, the mansion on their left was in a derelict state, with the paint on its gate chipping and the fragments of its two strip seals languidly blowing in the wind. Only one stone lion remained, with the other one missing. But even the remaining one was left dilapidated and incomplete, with darkened mud collecting behind it and some patches of what seemed like coagulated blood.

The dilapidated mansion belonged to former Xuanwei General Lin Guangyuan. In the first year of Tianqi era when the Emperor was doing his inspections in Nanze City, a huge collusion and treason case broke out in the capital Chang'an. The prince personally oversaw the investigations, with the prime minister and other high-ranking officials assisting. Lin Guangyuan was eventually charged for treason and his whole family was executed.

"This mansion is considered haunted and ominous, and yet the one opposite is highly coveted. Do you know why? That year, Xuanwei General lived opposite to Official of Counsel. When Xuanwei General's entire family was executed, the Official of Counsel was instead promoted quickly in his career. He is now a scholar of the Imperial Library. It's easy to guess that many fourth or fifth-grade officials are eager to feed off some of that luck by living in his former mansion, isn't it?"

Yeah. They live opposite to each other. While the Generals entire household was massacred, the scholars wife gave birth to SS. 

• Like 2

@thartie you mentioned that you were surprised to find out who 7th sister was. Who is she? Also I had read 1st bro/3rd sister and 2nd bro/7th sister were a couple. Is that not true? I know on wiki it says Jun Mo and 7th sister have a romantic relationship. Then again they say SS is a sister to NQ then updated to later on became his wife so wiki isn't reliable lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

poor you **hugss**

Thanks @angelangie

Guys I'm walking the bridge already lol. I've seen MSS/NQ and I must say it's not as bad as I thought. I don't see great chemistry between them maybe it's because the actress that plays MSS looks older than CFY in my opinion. I did get upset that NQ didn't think of SS at moments when he was with MSS. That changed when he kept bringing up SS :). So it does seem MSS is much more into NQ than he is into her. He is obviously infatuated with the pretty girl but had no problem in running away without her in moments of danger :joy:. He would never leave without his SS so that made me feel better. The best part was when he broke through because he thought of and saw his SS.  The cherry on top was him telling MSS that SS is his life :wub:. MSS obviously should know by now that NQ can't live without SS and can probably figure out the boy is in love. So yup she brought the heartbreak upon her self. 

MSS is pretty cool with her talismans though and she is nice. However, as soon as YHY appeared she stole MSS thunder. I don't like YHY but she is awesome with her powers. The way she fights is great. Too bad they later on make her look out of character with her making googly eyes at NQ. 

Btw Jun Mo was walking next to me while crossing the bridge lol.

I don't know if it's okay for me to talk about this here. Or should I stay on our private group when discussing this? I wrote this on here since we moved over here. Let me know what you guys prefer. I only have a couple of episodes left that I may discuss. 

Thoughts?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, n3bula said:

Thanks @angelangie

Guys I'm walking the bridge already lol. I've seen MSS/NQ and I must say it's not as bad as I thought. I don't see great chemistry between them maybe it's because the actress that plays MSS looks older than CFY in my opinion. I did get upset that NQ didn't think of SS at moments when he was with MSS. That changed when he kept bringing up SS :). So it does seem MSS is much more into NQ than he is into her. He is obviously infatuated with the pretty girl but had no problem in running away without her in moments of danger :joy:. He would never leave without his SS so that made me feel better. The best part was when he broke through because he thought of and saw his SS.  The cherry on top was him telling MSS that SS is his life :wub:. MSS obviously should know by now that NQ can't live without SS and can probably figure out the boy is in love. So yup she brought the heartbreak upon her self. 

MSS is pretty cool with her talismans though and she is nice. However, as soon as YHY appeared she stole MSS thunder. I don't like YHY but she is awesome with her powers. The way she fights is great. Too bad they later on make her look out of character with her making googly eyes at NQ. 

Btw Jun Mo was walking next to me while crossing the bridge lol.

I don't know if it's okay for me to talk about this here. Or should I stay on our private group when discussing this? I wrote this on here since we moved over here. Let me know what you guys prefer. I only have a couple of episodes left that I may discuss

Thoughts?

Love:heart::heart:  love your post chingu clap-cheetah-emoticon.gif I think we can talk about anything here with no interruptions. We all know each other in this thread, so it might be safe. :D   Did you really see Jun Mo?? I am so jealous....   Yay Yay for you:heart::D

Chingu that is what really annoyed me the most. NQ clearly told her that SS was a person he could never risk to lose. That is why he threw that arrow. LQ had the nerve to risk his Sang Sang. Then he mentioned that people seem to think Sang Sang is his weakness when she is his LIFE.  She did do this to herself and Eldest brother really made  a mess of things by inviting her to Tang. SMH SMH SMH  I had hoped that MSS would catch a glimpse of the real NQ but I think she only saw his mask not the real one.

I especially loved tthat Mao Ni didn't make NQ be like the rest of then . He created a character that had no prejudice. He never let other people's opinion dictate what he should trust or believe in. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Love:heart::heart:  love your post chingu clap-cheetah-emoticon.gif I think we can talk about anything here with no interruptions. We all know each other in this thread, so it might be safe. :D   Did you really see Jun Mo?? I am so jealous....   Yay Yay for you:heart::D

Chingu that is what really annoyed me the most. NQ clearly told her that SS was a person he could never risk to lose. That is why he threw that arrow. LQ had the nerve to risk his Sang Sang. Then he mentioned that people seem to think Sang Sang is his weakness when she is his LIFE.  She did do this to herself and Eldest brother really made  a mess of things by inviting her to Tang. SMH SMH SMH  I had hoped that MSS would catch a glimpse of the real NQ but I think she only saw his mask not the real one.

I especially loved tthat Mao Ni didn't make NQ be like the rest of then . He created a character that had no prejudice. He never let other people's opinion dictate what he should trust or believe in. 

Not only that but Eldest brother was the one who was like...you went through so much together and was such a great help to each other why not make it forever...and pretty much ordered NQ to show MSS around Chang An :rage: I could see why MSS might have thought she had a chance and even NQ maybe thinking about a relationship with MSS because it was coming from somebody who is like the head of NQ's family giving them approval.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Thank you chingu. Yes I saw Jun Mo he was very handsome lol. 

I agree MSS didn't see the real NQ. She didn't fall in love at first sight though. She liked him after she found out he was Mr. Thirteen since she was already in love with his note. Both MSS/YHY didn't have faith in what NQ can do. They questioned if he was really Fuzi's disciple. It did not help that he kept running for his life and leaving her lol. 

In the novel did NQ say that when he was with MSS it was like time ended? That is what he said in drama while he was writing and she was watching him. 

I like that about NQ's character as well. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

Not only that but Eldest brother was the one who was like...you went through so much together and was such a great help to each other why not make it forever...and pretty much ordered NQ to show MSS around Chang An :rage: I could see why MSS might have thought she had a chance and even NQ maybe thinking about a relationship with MSS because it was coming from somebody who is like the head of NQ's family giving them approval.

When I first started watching the drama I strongly disliked 1st brother. I read many comments about him pushing MSS on NQ. Plus anyone who dislikes SS is not good in my book.  Now reading more about 1st brother in the novel makes me understand where he was coming from and no longer dislike him. I like that he cares for NQ but I still don't think he ever cared for SS. He only helped her because of NQ. That is just my personal opinion on that maybe I am wrong haven't finished the novel. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Thank you chingu. Yes I saw Jun Mo he was very handsome lol. 

I agree MSS didn't see the real NQ. She didn't fall in love at first sight though. She liked him after she found out he was Mr. Thirteen since she was already in love with his note. Both MSS/YHY didn't have faith in what NQ can do. They questioned if he was really Fuzi's disciple. It did not help that he kept running for his life and leaving her lol. 

In the novel did NQ say that when he was with MSS it was like time ended? That is what he said in drama while he was writing and she was watching him. 

I like that about NQ's character as well. 

I think he did but can't remember at what point in the novel.  I do like that the scene in the drama ended with NQ thinking that he hopes (or wonders?) that SS likes MSS too.  I think he admires her at this point but does not necessarily "like" her yet and so it shows just how much SS opinion matters to him even with people he just met. Like they have to pass the SS test for him :lol:.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

I think he did but can't remember at what point in the novel.  I do like that the scene in the drama ended with NQ thinking that he hopes (or wonders?) that SS likes MSS too.  I think he admires her at this point but does not necessarily "like" her yet and so it shows just how much SS opinion matters to him even with people he just met. Like they have to pass the SS test for him :lol:.

The SS test lol. That's sweet. Well MSS failed the test. I'm with SS in saying "she is good but it doesn't mean I have to like her" :P

I do think that MSS was nice not insisting in pursuing NQ after he chose SS. Still don't like that she keeps writing him letters. Some part of her won't let go of NQ. To the very last page of the novel he sent him one with YHY. How is she supposed to move on? That's just causing trouble for NQ/SS.  We all know she is a sore subject between them. I personally won't like my husband to receive letters from a woman who is clearly in love with him even if she doesn't bring romance up. Just saying. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, n3bula said:

@thartie you mentioned that you were surprised to find out who 7th sister was. Who is she? Also I had read 1st bro/3rd sister and 2nd bro/7th sister were a couple. Is that not true? I know on wiki it says Jun Mo and 7th sister have a romantic relationship. Then again they say SS is a sister to NQ then updated to later on became his wife so wiki isn't reliable lol. 

I'll takr.it back. It was not 7th sister but 3rd sister. Do.you really wanna be spoiled of her true identity? I

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thartie said:

I'll takr.it back. It was not 7th sister but 3rd sister. Do.you really wanna be spoiled of her true identity? I

Ah okay so it's 3rd sister. Yes I always want to be spoiled now and in the future lol. 

• Like 1

Well I finally finished crossing the bridge. I'm still mad at NQ/MSS/1st brother. I'm sorry I can't help it. Definitely won't be watching their scenes a second time lol. 1st brother is too pushy with MSS he should've married her himself. 

Loved the interaction with SS and her teacher. I know the old man acted wrong killing those people. Still I somehow still liked him like SS did. He did realize who SS was before dying but didn't hurt her. Guess he cared too much for her by then. Both teachers showing off for SS was great. Fireworks and everything. 

Jun Mo is just wow! I love that man. I had read he was nice to SS but watching the drama and him showing it was great. He genuinely cares for SS. He is always so serious with everyone and he hardly smiles. With SS he smiles and shows he cares. It was so funny how Chen Pipi pointed it out and he gave him that cold stare lol. I must say I can see why people ship him with SS. If SS were to be flirty with anyone other than NQ it would be with Jun Mo. Aunties should've added a scene where NQ was jealous of him since they love triangles lol. 

Just to clarify Jun Mo and 7th sister are not a couple right? 

Why do you guys think Jun Mo cares for SS? It's not just because of NQ. He is one of the few who truly sees SS worth and doesn't look down on her. 

When NQ told SS "You say his name as if you're close. Is he your second senior brother or is he mine?" was that just a comment or was he a little jealous? Since he doesn't like SS paying attention to others. 

• Like 4

actually i couldnt fault 1st brother for liking MoShanShan....

and i didnt dislike him....infact i know why he chooses MoShanShan......SangSang is foreign to him....and all they want to do is to push NingQue away from politics so before LiYu able to latch into NingQue they wanted him to settle down with a wife...

this way even though if LiYu forces someone from her league with NingQue as a concubine.... they will have no say in NingQue household as the wife will always have the final say in things