Quantcast
angelangie

Webnovel Discussion: Ever Night (Yoda Version)

3 hours ago, n3bula said:

Hello. Have you guys read the latest translated chapters? They are really good. On recent ones Jun Mo has been holding down the fort and now 1st brother has come to help. Really enjoying the scenes and it is exciting to think we will see some of it on screen :).

Any thoughts?? 

No.  Since I am busy with RL, I have not read the recent chapters from 735.  I have to somehow make sometime for EN novel and has to finish reading. Thanks for the heads up.  Has SS appeared already???:love:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

No.  Since I am busy with RL, I have not read the recent chapters from 735.  I have to somehow make sometime for EN novel and has to finish reading. Thanks for the heads up.  Has SS appeared already???:love:

I understand. I haven't been able to read other chapters just reading the latest translated ones. No SS yet :tears: but she is mentioned so I'll take it lol.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, n3bula said:

Hello. Have you guys read the latest translated chapters? They are really good. On recent ones Jun Mo has been holding down the fort and now 1st brother has come to help. Really enjoying the scenes and it is exciting to think we will see some of it on screen :).

Any thoughts?? 

So surprising how each Academy brother and sister uses their skills to fight, everybody thinks they were just spending their time in intellectual and artistic pursuits but they are quite powerful.  Also :scream: at 1st brother being the actual teach of all the rest, not the lazy Headmaster :joy:, and how he absorbed all the rest of their skills as well to make him a very powerful fighter.  Fair warning, your mortal enemy will be showing up fairly soon...maybe 5 or so translated chapters from the most recent one :naughty:.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

So surprising how each Academy brother and sister uses their skills to fight, everybody thinks they were just spending their time in intellectual and artistic pursuits but they are quite powerful.  Also :scream: at 1st brother being the actual teach of all the rest, not the lazy Headmaster :joy:, and how he absorbed all the rest of their skills as well to make him a very powerful fighter.  Fair warning, your mortal enemy will be showing up fairly soon...maybe 5 or so translated chapters from the most recent one :naughty:.

I know right? It is so interesting to learn about each brother and sister and the talents they have. They sure showed the enemy not to underestimate them. I keep reading and get excited lol. Yes 1st brother isn't my favorite but damn he's badass too. Fu Zi even though you were lazy teacher I still love you :joy:

@kiara_bleu my friend thank you for the warning. I need to prepare myself to welcome my mortal enemy. @Snow Guardian get ready as well my twin :lol:

When the time comes you guys need to be here for emotional support. Since my Jun Mo is missing in action at the moment  :tears:. For some reason when MSS is mentioned the discussion gets very interesting lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@n3bula our mortal enemy is coming soon. Lols. We already knew what she is up to. I dont find that chapter of her appearance is annoying but satisfied, indeed. NQ didnt pay much attention to her:D I wanna read that chapter where NQ says he doesnt trust her but only the academy. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

@n3bula our mortal enemy is coming soon. Lols. We already knew what she is up to. I dont find that chapter of her appearance is annoying but satisfied, indeed. NQ didnt pay much attention to her:D I wanna read that chapter where NQ says he doesnt trust her but only the academy. 

Love your positive outlook. I like knowing he doesn't pay much attention to her and that he doesn't trust her. Still if everything he does shows he doesn't love her.  Why on earth can't he answer SS when she questions him about it? It irritates me. Someone ask Mao Ni. We need an answer lol. Maybe he does it just to tease us? If that's the case I am not amused 

What do you guys think? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, n3bula said:

Love your positive outlook. I like knowing he doesn't pay much attention to her and that he doesn't trust her. Still if everything he does shows he doesn't love her.  Why on earth can't he answer SS when she questions him about it? It irritates me. Someone ask Mao Ni. We need an answer lol. Maybe he does it just to tease us? If that's the case I am not amused 

What do you guys think? 

I will answer your question regarding this, according to my understanding of what I have read:D

First, NQ can be easily became a muddle-headed guy with a thing that related to his feeling/love. Second, do you still remember when NQ-MSS just came back from wilderness, and they both touring chang'an, walking shoulder-to-shoulder, and their shoulders accidentally touched.. and in the novel its written, NQ has misunderstood that kinda feeling as love. Before that, there is also a chapter mentioning that NQ wasnt sure about his feeling towards MSS (I forgot which chapter it was mentioned). But, we all agree and can see how much he likes her.. but, if you ask me whether he loves her? I will confidently say, NO!!. 

Like and love are two different categories/things. Have you read about NQ had a thought about MSS before by thinking, if they both ended up together, he and her might endlessly admiring the calligraphy together for a whole day (or from night to morning). Yes, NQ likes MSS because they both have the same interest. But, I've never read anything saying, NQ says he loves MSS and have never seen anything like he does something to the extreme for MSS just like how he does for SS. However, MSS is different. Her feeling towards NQ is much deeper. She is not only likes NQ but love him:D she also addicted to him to the extend on how she addicted to calligraphy. 

Those mentioned reasons is the reason why NQ couldnt answer back SS's questions when he was questioned about his feeling towards MSS. He doesn't want to lie to SS and he also doesnt want to deny how he felt towards MSS. He just doesnt know how to put it in words. Men and women are different. Men dont speak with words, but actions. From NQ actions we can see who he loves the most. And who is the most important person in his heart. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, n3bula said:

I just read on an Instagram post that NQ/SS babies were still born. I thought the babies were alive. @angelangie @UnniSarah @kiara_bleu @Snow Guardian is that true?

Their babies are never dead, comrade:huh: SS had succesfully delivered their babies safely even though she was stabbed by a sword in her stomach. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

One of the most satisfying chapter that helps me to get rid of my confusion, and it tells NQ's real feeling towards MSS. I hope those who still confused whether NQ still likes her like in the past, I think this chapter is one of the answers:)

Just then, a woman entered through the city gate.

The woman had brows like ink and eyes like dots of paint. She looked like a painting.

Her lips were slightly thin, and they were pursed calmly. They looked like wax plums on her pale complexion.

Her long straight black hair cascaded over her shoulders, unlike the waterfall that it had been years ago. It was straight and beautiful.

Ning Que looked at her quietly and then suddenly looked up at the sky.

It was late autumn, the skies looked high and far away, calm and placid.

He suddenly felt that Haotian… No, his teacher in heaven must have sensed his worry and uneasiness. That was why he had sent her to Chang’an, to him.

Then, he withdrew his gaze from the sky to look at the beautiful girl and smile.

“Why have you come to Chang’an?”

“I wanted to, so I did.”

Mo Shanshan answered with a smile, with her white cotton dress fluttering in the wind.

Ning Que thought of a problem. He asked, “The Black Ink Garden…”

Mo Shanshan knew what he wanted to ask. She answered calmly without waiting for him to complete his question, “I have already left them.”

Ning Que did not expect to hear this, but he knew that this was the only answer.

Mo Shanshan did not wish to implicate the Black Ink Garden, her teachers or her fellow disciples, and even the Great River Kingdom. That was why she could only leave her sect and come to Chang’an to stand against the West-Hill Divine Palace.

After a moment of silence, he extended his right hand and invited her into the city.

Ning Que and Mo Shanshan walked through Chang’an City.

They walked side by side, just like so many years ago. However, it was unlike before.

The two arrived at the Imperial Palace and at the bridge from back then. It was the same vermilion red palace walls, but they did not see the spiraling snowflakes falling from the sky. Instead, the ground was thickly covered with yellow ginkgo leaves.

“I don’t have time. Otherwise, we could travel again together.”

Ning Que reached his hands above the water and caught a falling leaf. He said, “This is the fourth blockage. Try to sense the aura below the building.”

Mo Shanshan closed her eyes, her long lashes fluttering against her porcelain skin.

She opened her eyes moments later, a myriad of emotions swirling in them. She felt shocked and extremely uneasy.

“What a… powerful tactical array.”

Ning Que let go of the leaf and allowed it to continue falling into the moat below the bridge. The flow of the river was very slow and it was covered in beautiful yellow leaves. The addition of another leaf did not change its appearance.

He looked at the yellow leaves on the moat and said, “It is troublesome because it is powerful. After Haotian Taoism tried to block it, we’d need even more Qi of Heaven and Earth to unblock it.”

Mo Shanshan considered it for a moment and shook her head, saying, “Nobody can call up so much Qi of Heaven and Earth, and there is nobody who can setup a tactical array that could fix this.”

Ning Que asked, “Can we use a talisman?”

Mo Shanshan answered, “If an array is a talisman, then this big tactical array is the most powerful talisman I have ever seen in my life. In fact, one can even say that it is the true Divine Talisman.”

Ning Que understood what she meant.

Chang’an was very large, and the Headmaster’s wisdom was a peak that was hard to climb.

Haotian Taoism’s methods might seem simple, but they understood that.

He said, “I hope that you can solve this problem.”

Mo Shanshan replied, “I don’t have such abilities.”

Ning Que said, “But you’re stronger than me.”

Mo Shanshan answered, “Then you can hand over the array eye pestle to me.”

Ning Que shook his head.

Mo Shanshan smiled and said, “I thought that you’d have learned to trust after experiencing so many things.”

Ning Que thought of the tanned girl with a pair of lotus white feet on the Sishui River.

He thought of Sangsang, whose body was in the dark while her feet stepped in the light.

He said, “I apologize. Even if Miss Li San comes back to life, I cannot trust anyone completely other than the Academy.”

Mo Shanshan asked, “Who is Miss Li San?”

Ning Que answered, “My mother.”

After a short moment of silence, Mo Shanshan said, “I’m sorry.”

When I read this chapter, all I can see is NQ's clear feelings towards both SS and MSS... he doesnt even shows a slight of wanting to be with her like in the past. He kept thinking about SS while being with MSS. Why? It is because he doesnt have a slight of feeling wanted to betray SS even though he has a chance to do that. I respect him for doing that. It is always MSS who started making NQ falls into a trap. Just like how she initial kissing his cheek and asked him to commit adultery with her.. :w00t:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@angelangie @Snow Guardian thanks for your answer. I went ahead and looked for evidence and yes the babies are alive and well lol. 

I explained it to the person who was so confused who went based by the title of the chapter: Inborn pair

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Chapter 755:

The Tang Empire was ready for a siege on Chang'an City.

But no one began preparations for Chang'an City to be breached. They were not even mentally prepared for it.

Looking at this scene, Ning Que's mood took a downward turn.

The woman had brows like ink and eyes like dots of paint. She looked like a painting.

Her lips were slightly thin, and they were pursed calmly. They looked like wax plums on her pale complexion.

Her long straight black hair cascaded over her shoulders, unlike the waterfall that it had been years ago. It was straight and beautiful.

He suddenly felt that Haotian... No, his teacher in heaven must have sensed his worry and uneasiness. That was why he had sent her to Chang'an, to him. * Was he thinking for a second that SS (Haotian) would send MSS to him <_< ? He corrected it pretty quick though...he knows SS is not about do that :lol: *

Then, he withdrew his gaze from the sky to look at the beautiful girl and smile.

"Why have you come to Chang'an?"

"I wanted to, so I did."

Mo Shanshan answered with a smile, with her white cotton dress fluttering in the wind.

Ning Que thought of a problem. He asked, "The Black Ink Garden..."

Mo Shanshan knew what he wanted to ask. She answered calmly without waiting for him to complete his question, "I have already left them."

Ning Que did not expect to hear this, but he knew that this was the only answer.

Mo Shanshan did not wish to implicate the Black Ink Garden, her teachers or her fellow disciples, and even the Great River Kingdom. That was why she could only leave her sect and come to Chang'an to stand against the West-Hill Divine Palace.

After a moment of silence, he extended his right hand and invited her into the city.

Ning Que and Mo Shanshan walked through Chang'an City.

They walked side by side, just like so many years ago. However, it was unlike before.

The two arrived at the Imperial Palace and at the bridge from back then. It was the same vermilion red palace walls, but they did not see the spiraling snowflakes falling from the sky. Instead, the ground was thickly covered with yellow ginkgo leaves.

"I don't have time. Otherwise, we could travel again together."

Ning Que reached his hands above the water and caught a falling leaf. He said, "This is the fourth blockage. Try to sense the aura below the building."

Mo Shanshan closed her eyes, her long lashes fluttering against her porcelain skin.

She opened her eyes moments later, a myriad of emotions swirling in them. She felt shocked and extremely uneasy.

"What a... powerful tactical array."

Ning Que let go of the leaf and allowed it to continue falling into the moat below the bridge. The flow of the river was very slow and it was covered in beautiful yellow leaves. The addition of another leaf did not change its appearance.

He looked at the yellow leaves on the moat and said, "It is troublesome because it is powerful. After Haotian Taoism tried to block it, we'd need even more Qi of Heaven and Earth to unblock it."

Mo Shanshan considered it for a moment and shook her head, saying, "Nobody can call up so much Qi of Heaven and Earth, and there is nobody who can setup a tactical array that could fix this."

Ning Que asked, "Can we use a talisman?"

Mo Shanshan answered, "If an array is a talisman, then this big tactical array is the most powerful talisman I have ever seen in my life. In fact, one can even say that it is the true Divine Talisman."

Ning Que understood what she meant.

Chang'an was very large, and the Headmaster's wisdom was a peak that was hard to climb.

Haotian Taoism's methods might seem simple, but they understood that.

He said, "I hope that you can solve this problem."

Mo Shanshan replied, "I don't have such abilities."

Ning Que said, "But you're stronger than me."

Mo Shanshan answered, "Then you can hand over the array eye pestle to me."

Ning Que shook his head.

Mo Shanshan smiled and said, "I thought that you'd have learned to trust after experiencing so many things."

Ning Que thought of the tanned girl with a pair of lotus white feet on the Sishui River.

He thought of Sangsang, whose body was in the dark while her feet stepped in the light.

He said, "I apologize. Even if Miss Li San comes back to life, I cannot trust anyone completely other than the Academy."

*Just IMO, I think ever since SS told NQ she was unhappy with him liking MSS, NQ has been very cautious with what he says about and acts around MSS.  NQ never wants to hurt SS or make her sad.  And SS never likes sharing what their family owns with other people.  Or also maybe even at this point NQ  thinks what is happening in Chang An and the array eye pestle might have something to do with SS so he wants to take care of it himself*

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Snow Guardian said:

I will answer you question regarding this, according to my understanding of what I have read:D

First, NQ can be easily became a muddle-headed guy with a thing that related to his feeling/love. Second, do you still remember when NQ-MSS just came back from wilderness, and they both touring chang'an, walking shoulder-to-shoulder, and their shoulders accidentally touched.. and in the novel its written, NQ has misunderstood that kinda feeling as love. Before that, there is also a chapter mentioning that NQ wasnt sure about his feeling towards MSS (I forgot which chapter it was mentioned). But, we all agree and can see how much he likes her.. but, if you ask me whether he loves her? I will confidently say, NO!!. 

Like and love are two different categories/things. Have you read about NQ had a thought about MSS before by thinking, if they both ended up together, he and her might endlessly admiring the calligraphy together for a whole day (or from night to morning). Yes, NQ likes MSS because they both have the same interest. But, I never read or anything NQ says he loves her or see he does something to the extreme like how he does for SS. However, MSS is different. Her feeling towards NQ is deeper. She is not only likes NQ but love him:D she also addicted to him to the extend on how she addicted to calligraphy. 

Those mentioned reasons is the reason why NQ couldnt answer back SS when he was questioned about his feeling towards MSS. He doesn't want to lie to SS and he also doesnt want to deny how he felt towards her. He just doesnt know how to put it in words. Men and women are different. Men dont speak with words, but actions. From NQ actions we can see who he loves most. And who is the most important person in his heart. 

@Snow Guardian you said this so well my friend :). I have not read anything in novel from when he met MSS. Barely in chapter 113. Only read parts you guys have shared.

I do know he likes MSS but doesn't love her. Was just irritated by him not being able to answer SS questions about it. Now that you reminded me that men are very different from women regarding love I get it. NQ doesn't know how to put it in words and it doesn't help him to be on panic mode everytime they mention MSS. His brain is even slower :joy:. Silly boy you could have saved your self a lot of trouble if you knew how to communicate :lol:

• LOL 2

19 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

One of the most satisfying chapter that helps me to get rid of my confusion, and it tells NQ's real feeling towards MSS. I hope those who still confused whether NQ still likes her like in the past, I think this chapter is one of the answers:)

When I read this chapter, all I can see is NQ's clear feelings towards both SS and MSS... he doesnt even shows a slight of wanting to be with her like in the past. He kept thinking about SS while being with MSS. Why? It is because he doesnt have a slight of feeling wanted to betray SS even though he has a chance to do that. I respect him for doing that. It is always MSS who started making NQ fall into a trap. Just like how she started to kiss his cheek and asked him to commit adultery with her.. :w00t:

Well reading this makes me happy. I can see he only thinks of SS regardless of him being right beside MSS :wub:. Considering SS died and that SS said he could be with MSS after she died he was free to be with MSS. Yet he chose not to be with MSS once again. If he truly wanted to be with MSS he would have been. He only longs for his SS. 

MSS asked him to commit adultery?! :scream:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Well reading this makes me happy. I can see he only thinks of SS regardless of him being right beside MSS :wub:. Considering SS died and that SS said he could be with MSS after she died he was free to be with MSS. Yet he chose not to be with MSS once again. If he truly wanted to be with MSS he would have been. He only longs for his SS. 

MSS asked him to commit adultery?! :scream:

Yes, my friend:lol:

Crazy, right?!!:sweatingbullets:

I am wondering what kinda reactions that  MSS's shippers would give once they found out her real personality/character in the novel. While, in the drama, the aunties "wrapped" her very well that even attracted so many sympathy from many fans against SS. After knowing all these,  can you imagine how do they feel about her later??

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

Chapter 755:

The Tang Empire was ready for a siege on Chang'an City.

But no one began preparations for Chang'an City to be breached. They were not even mentally prepared for it.

Looking at this scene, Ning Que's mood took a downward turn.

He suddenly felt that Haotian... No, his teacher in heaven must have sensed his worry and uneasiness. That was why he had sent her to Chang'an, to him. * Was he thinking for a second that SS (Haotian) would send MSS to him <_< ? He corrected it pretty quick though...he knows SS is not about do that :lol: *

He said, "I hope that you can solve this problem."

Mo Shanshan replied, "I don't have such abilities."

Ning Que said, "But you're stronger than me."

Mo Shanshan answered, "Then you can hand over the array eye pestle to me."

Ning Que shook his head.

Mo Shanshan smiled and said, "I thought that you'd have learned to trust after experiencing so many things."

He said, "I apologize. Even if Miss Li San comes back to life, I cannot trust anyone completely other than the Academy."

*Just IMO, I think ever since SS told NQ she was unhappy with him liking MSS, NQ has been very cautious with what he says about and acts around MSS.  NQ never wants to hurt SS or make her sad.  And SS never likes sharing what their family owns with other people.  Or also maybe even at this point NQ  thinks what is happening in Chang An and the array eye pestle might have something to do with SS so he wants to take care of it himself*

@kiara_bleu thanks for sharing my friend. You did warn me about MSS coming back. At least while reading this chapter I didn't get upset. Yay! Does Mao Ni really have to always keep saying MSS is beautiful? We get it she's beautiful :lol:

NQ seriously how can you even think for a slight second that SS would send MSS to you? <_< I don't think FuZi would send her either. Unless FuZi wants to make Haotian SS feel jealousy lol.

MSS went all on her own because she wants to be with him. It is not surprising. She probably went with the hope that NQ will finally tell her he wants to be with her. At least that's my opinion.

I agree NQ is very cautious regarding MSS because he doesn't want to hurt SS. He knows that SS already left him once because of her. Now that SS is gone he probably doesn't want to do anything to risk SS coming back to him. Or like you said he thinks this matter is related to SS and wants to handle it properly. 

Still he said he flat out told MSS he  doesn't trust anyone other than the Academy that says a lot. I bet that hurt MSS. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Yes, my friend:lol:

Crazy, right?!!:sweatingbullets:

I am wondering what kinda reactions that  MSS's shippers would give once they found out her real personality/character in the novel. While, in the drama, the aunties "wrapped" her very well that even attracted so many sympathy from many fans against SS. After knowing all these,  can you imagine how do they feel about her later??

Well MSS  sure is something else if she did that. Yes the drama made MSS appear as the victim and SS the selfish brat who separated the lovers. I'm still mad about that. Hope s2 does better with NingSang. 

I am curious who has more fans MSS or SS in drama? I'm pretty sure most novel readers are team SS but what about drama viewers?

• Angry 1

@UnniSarah @angelangie @kiara_bleu @Snow Guardian @satanghaesolim @thartie  I do have some questions. Hope you guys share your thoughts on these with me.

MSS purpose was to make NingSang realize their feelings for one another. After doing so what is the character's purpose in the novel? Is it just to create conflict between NingSang? Or is her character going to do something amazing? I don't really get why she is necessary.

In novel YHY/MSS are described as beautiful. What about Haotian SS? Is she as beautiful as them or is she not? I ask because when she first became Haotian she is described as perfect. Then later in when NQ sees her she is described as plump/fat with plain face according to Yoda translation. While skimming through Yoda version today I read that NQ is carrying her and complaining that she's fat. SS told him that she had chosen a perfect body but FuZi made her this way. I didn't really understand. I think this was when they were in checkerboard trying to kill buddha. 

I think Mao Ni should have made her the most beautiful since he first made her dark, skinny and ugly at the beginning. Just saying. 

Been wondering how is Chen Pipi's love story with Xiaotang ? 

Btw just want to say I think it's so sweet how 7th sister cares for Jun Mo. I'm guessing she's been secretly in love with him for a while and he is clueless.

I've never asked who are your favorite characters in the novel? 

• Like 2

Girls, have SS appeared in the recently translated chapters already?   Atleast I will have the inspiration to start from where I left:bawling:i have accumulated already 20 chapters waiting for her.  Any idea from which chapter she is reappearing again?:wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1