[Taiwanese drama 2018-2019] Emily's 5 things. 艾蜜麗的五件事 (Ai Mi Li De Wu Jian Shi)

Kim Yunmi

This topic is about the drama: 艾蜜麗的五件事, Emily's 5 things. (Ai Mi Li De Wu Jian Shi) Also known as Five Missions.

Currently streaming on Viki as of this writing.

It's a Taiwanese drama. 2018 with romantic comedy starring Aviis Zhong, Sam Lin, Edison Wang, and Diane Lin.

Description (from My Drama List): 
Can a magical letter in a bottle help someone face the most difficult issues in their lives? 

Emily (Aviis Zhong) is an assistant in a law firm that specializes in divorce cases. Although she has the help of her best friend photographer, Dou Ru, (Sam Lin) life hasn't been easy. Her boyfriend treats her more like a servant than a lover, she hasn't talked to her father in years, and she is bullied at work. 

One day she finds a letter in a bottle with a list of things that Emily has been avoiding. 
1. Be Yourself
2. Reconciliation
3. Bid Farewell
4. Go Home
5. Rewind 

After her discovery, bizarre events keep occurring around her which leads her to believe that the bottle is actually cursed. Could it be that only way to break the curse is to follow the list of things Emily has been avoiding the most? 

Personally, I feel like I'm the only one that really enjoys this drama outside of Viki and kind of want deeper discussions about it. I think it would appeal to those who like things like ISWAK and In Time with You, and has the music from My Dear Boy. The slowly paced drama with a four act plot structure and thoughtful character development where the characters aren't perfect, but work through problems and come to realizations about themselves is totally my kind of drama from Taiwan.

• 5 months later...

Surprised there are no comments on this one!  I enjoyed this drama.  I remember really looking forward to it because of Aviis (cracked me up in Iron Ladies) and Sam (the 2nd lead I cheered for in Between).  I thought this series was cute. I really liked the more upbeat/modern music, had major second lead syndrome, and thought the wrap up for the bottle storyline was interesting though a bit haphazard at times.  Lots of In Time With You type feelings with the main lead’s friendzone.

• Lynne changed the title to [Taiwanese drama 2018-2019] Emily's 5 things. 艾蜜麗的五件事 (Ai Mi Li De Wu Jian Shi)

Archived