Yoo Ji Tae 유지태

Guest valley girl

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i started noticing yoo ji tae in the movie ditto and now i'm liking him again in Star's Lover.

one thing i noticed though is that he has good english compared to the rest of korean stars.

is he one of those who can converse in english better compared to the rest?

just curious. hope someone can shae what they know about him in this aspect.

Guest valley girl

i dunno this posted already or not

During his graduation last 25 february , he finished his master Degree in joong ahn University in Cinematography Faculty

200802221808071118_1.jpg

200802221809481110_1.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

93ab7ec8.jpg

credited empas

i started noticing yoo ji tae in the movie ditto and now i'm liking him again in Star's Lover.

one thing i noticed though is that he has good english compared to the rest of korean stars.

is he one of those who can converse in english better compared to the rest?

just curious. hope someone can shae what they know about him in this aspect.

So that's why his English is Good , he has master Degree Honey..

Guest love.peace.happiness.

he is such a great actor..i loved him in 'Old Boy' he was amazing as the villain and now i'm watching him in 'Star's Lover' and he is amazing in it too..i know he's know as popular as other actors out there but he is a better actor than the rest like watching him in movies you can feel what is he feeling...

Guest satisfaction!

I've became a big fan of him after watching Star's Lover!

He is amazingly handsome and charismatic. There's just something about him that I just love.

I'm searching more of his older dramas right now.

He's so talented when it comes to acting!!!

Guest AllforCJW

he is such a great actor..i loved him in 'Old Boy' he was amazing as the villain and now i'm watching him in 'Star's Lover' and he is amazing in it too..i know he's know as popular as other actors out there but he is a better actor than the rest like watching him in movies you can feel what is he feeling...

I agree with you. I didn't know him until Star's Lover and I've been impressed with his acting. I find him a better actor than many well known South korean actors. He deserves more recognition, especially in the international arena. I hope by acting next to a Hallyu Star like Ji Woo (who is famous internationally), YJT will get an exposure to a wider fan base.

Guest valley girl

Yoo Ji-Tae and Kwon Sang-Woo Talk About '야수' ('Running Wild')

(Posted In Action Asia Interviews )

wildyasu.jpgKim Sung-Soo's '야수' ('Running Wild') -- not to be confused with the Kim Sung-Soo of '무사' ('Musa: The Warrior') -- is shooting right now. Its stars Yoo Ji-Tae and Kwon Sang-Woo were interviewed by the press on location. Here's some excerpts:

Looks like you lost weight

Yoo: After gaining weight, the first shooting showed I was too heavy for my character, so I went on a diet and lost 8-9kg. I think it's a fundamental thing for an actor to consider what kind of clothes to wear and if he needs to gain or lose weight for the character's sake.

Why did you choose this Action Noir film?

Kwon: I didn't just want to act in a film with a strong masculine factor. When reading the script, I realized it wasn't a story about a man. There wasn't a 'Monster' character with no beauty whatsoever, and setting my character aside, I liked the confrontations the other characters have. Looking at my character, he's a tough and radical person, but there's a certain sadness and sensitivity to him. I liked his personality so much I accepted the role. All the time spent with the director was really comfortable, since he's really good at what he does.

Your criteria for choosing roles?

Yoo: Since my third film, instead of trying to become a star, I came to work trying to find a personal identity as an actor. Coming here today, hearing all the confidence in this project made me happy. When choosing a film, I try to prepare for everything. I look at producers, director, cast, and more. I was really impressed by that line: "I'll destroy him as much as all the sins he committed." I even wrote it down on my mobile phone. Director Kim writes such great scripts, I accepted the role one day after I finished reading the script.

Kwon: I just hope it doesn't become a film that's only popular in Japan and frowned at in Korea. While acting you get greedy, as a popular star you're not satisfied, as an actor you want to show your face. It seems like it's only one project that tells you whether you're a star or a real actor. Just like Yoo, 4-5 years ago I thought long and hard about my career, whether I was an actor or just a star.

Via Yahoo Korea

cred twicthfilm

YJT is still making movies despite this drama of his. I hope that SL is not his last drama.

I admire him for having master's degree. Maybe that's why he's into movies because it is done in a shorter period of time compared to dramas. So he still has enough time to study and such.

I have watched most of his movies and i am most impressed by "One Fine Day' "One Fine Spring Day with Lee young ae. It is not the best of him, but it got my first attention, I was curious to see who is the co-star of Lee - who is actually a very careful actress and did not appear in many movies or dramas. so, I watched it and i found out that YJT is very confident along such a big actress, he captured the scenes and he poittrayed an exact image that the movie wanted to show. I am convinced by his acting and gradually like his "big korean guy" image. I don't think that he's filming a movie. Is Running Wild an old movie, in 2006? If he's filming another project then what is the name? I want to make sure I will not miss it.

Guest valley girl

Feature directing debut in the works for Yoo Ji-tae

Posted on November 23rd, 2008

Yoo Ji-tae is readying to don his director’s hat once more for his debut feature film. The 32-year-old actor has had remarkable success in his acting roles (Oldboy, Traces of Love), and has also enjoyed a good amount of praise for his previous three short films, which he wrote and directed.

Yoo’s directorial debut in 2003, the short film Bicycle Boy, was well-received, and his follow-up 2005 short How Do the Blind Dream starred Oh Dal-su (The Good, The Bad, The Weird) and went to the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival in France. His third short, Out of My Intention, had its own theatrical release earlier this year and screened at several short film festivals.

Although there are a fair number of Hollywood actors who branch into directing, it’s rare for that to happen in the Korean industry. Kim Hae-gon is one case of a screenwriter taking on acting, but Yoo is unusual in that he’s an A-list actor branching into writing and directing, the first of that rare breed since 1970s actor-director Ha Myung-joong.

Yoo has revealed that he has finished writing the feature screenplay, but wants to punch it up to make it more entertaining. On the acting side, he’s wrapping up promotional activities for his movie Soonjung Manhwa while starting shooting on his upcoming drama with Choi Ji-woo, A Star’s Lover (she’s the star, he’s the lover).

Via DongA

cred Dramabeans

Guest valley girl

Star’s Lover Has Been Receiving Positive Comments Since Airing

Despite ranking the last out of the three dramas in the wed/thurs 9.55pm slot, SBS’s “Star’s Lover” has been constantly receiving praises since the airing of its first episode. The internet forums however, were recently overwhelmed with even more enthusiastic viewers vying to leave positive comments for the drama, leading to a surge of 3 times the usual number of comments after the airing of episode 6 on the 25th.

One viewer commented: “I didn’t had much expectation of it as initially I thought it was just an ordinary drama, but it became more interesting as the story goes.” Many held similar views of the drama as well. Most viewers had a sense of rejection towards the over-beautify top star Lee Ma Ri played by Choi Ji Woo in the beginning. But as the story unfolds, the cute and mischievous Lee Ma Ri began to make viewers fell in love with her.

Just like the book “Pride and Prejudice” in the drama, the viewers’ perception of the arrogant Lee Ma Ri gradually changed from rejection to acceptance to lovable as the character became increasingly cute in her actions towards Kim Chul Soo (Yoo Ji Tae). Critics gave Choi Ji Woo a high rating for her acting as she successfully portrays the sorrow and loneliness underneath the glamorous front of a top star using a cute and hilarious acting style.

Apart from critics, personnels from the TV stations also gave the drama a high rating. Also, the forum owner of “Mass Culture Forum” Jung Duk Hyun commented: “Through some rather interesting plots, love scenes of the two leads and the filming style of director Boo Sung Chul, the artistic aspect of the drama was enhanced significantly.

Some analyzed that the overwhelming positive responses were attributed to episode 5 and 6 where scenes like Chul Soo’s mother (Kim Ji Sook) who abandoned him and his sister 20 years ago returned to Korea, Woo Jin (Lee Ki Woo) wooing Ma Ri, conflict between Ma Ri and representative Seo, Eun Young (Cha Ye Ryun) returning to Korea and Chul Soo co-inhabiting with Ma Ri happened all at once.

The critical part that aroused the viewers’ curiosity is likely to be the scene where Ma Ri reveals to Chul Soo that she likes him at the end of episode 6. The drama is similar to “The World They Live In” such that they both had rave reviews but poor TV ratings. Personally, I was really attracted to the character Lee Ma Ri and the interactions between her and Chul Soo. Behind her glamorous front, she is actually pretty lonely. But as she met with Chul Soo she became increasingly expressive and cute, trying all means to spend some time with him. The story is simple but the interactions between the two leads are great. This is really one of the two dramas I’m watching already.

Source: Chosun

http://www.hanfever.com/2008/12/27/stars-l...s-since-airing/

^Thankyou for the updates! On occasions, there are the series that don't necessarily pour in on the television ratings but happen to garner a huge fanbase anyways. From memory for instance, a few years ago, Ruler Of Your Own World- the internet mania over it was huge. It's still kind early on for Star's Lover but at least it is attracting discussion & hopefully the ratings will continue to improve =)

I have watched most of his movies and i am most impressed by "One Fine Day' with Lee young ae. It is not the best of him, but it got my first attention, I was curious to see who is the co-star of Lee - who is actually a very careful actress and did not appear in many movies or dramas. so, I watched it and i found out that YJT is very confident along such a big actress, he captured the scenes and he poittrayed an exact image that the movie wanted to show. I am convinced by his acting and gradually like his "big korean guy" image. I don't think that he's filming a movie. Is Running Wild an old movie, in 2006? If he's filming another project then what is the name? I want to make sure I will not miss it.
^Yasu / Running Wild is worth a watch if you are a Yoo Ji Tae fan but I don't feel like the movie itself was as good as it could've been. As much as I love Kwon Sang Woo, in my opinion he wasn't as convincing in his role as he has been in his other works (too much pointless, one-tone yelling??) but apart from that, the film felt just too long. Yoo Ji Tae was pretty awesome though as a silent baddie.

I would agree that he was fab in One Fine Spring Day. I adore Lee Young Ae but by the end of that film I was completely mad at her for hurting YJT the way she did!!! He certainly held his own & was absolutely convincing in all his emotions. I'd say it's probably my fave YJT performance, along w/ Oldboy... he was like, the hottest villain in history XDD

Anyways, I think if you liked him OFSD then you'd probably enjoy Traces Of Love too if you haven't seen that one already.

His current / latest work is Star's Lover airing on SBS. Film-wise, he's just released Hello Schoolgirl at the cinemas. But obviously artistic beyond words, he's been itching to do more directing for a while now so look out for more of his directorial works soon.

It's a nice thing that the drama is doing good. Ratings. Critics. Etc. It will make him be convinced to make more dramas in the future.

I love his facial expressions and the way he acts around JW. Cute. Adorable.

^Yasu / Running Wild is worth a watch if you are a Yoo Ji Tae fan but I don't feel like the movie itself was as good as it could've been. As much as I love Kwon Sang Woo, in my opinion he wasn't as convincing in his role as he has been in his other works (too much pointless, one-tone yelling??) but apart from that, the film felt just too long. Yoo Ji Tae was pretty awesome though as a silent baddie.

I would agree that he was fab in One Fine Spring Day. I adore Lee Young Ae but by the end of that film I was completely mad at her for hurting YJT the way she did!!! He certainly held his own & was absolutely convincing in all his emotions. I'd say it's probably my fave YJT performance, along w/ Oldboy... he was like, the hottest villain in history XDD

Anyways, I think if you liked him OFSD then you'd probably enjoy Traces Of Love too if you haven't seen that one already.

His current / latest work is Star's Lover airing on SBS. Film-wise, he's just released Hello Schoolgirl at the cinemas. But obviously artistic beyond words, he's been itching to do more directing for a while now so look out for more of his directorial works soon.

I am sorry for typo mistake. I watched Traces of love as well, it's a good movie. Old boy is like classic ever, award winning movie, right. So far the only I am not sure that I will watch is the new one, I feel like it's a little too much on trendy, school girl falling in love with older guy. I am not convinced by LYH's acting though she's good in A millionaire first love but I am not sure if she's good along YJT, a different level of acting. Well, I will rethink about it.

I love to see him more in drama (like Star's lover which obvious has the sense of a movie-like drama, very quality). Or movies is good. And I like his gf too, she's cute in I am happy. She's a very good actress and now, as I am watching Star's lover, I can see where she got that humor from :) jk, but they really look alike. Recently they said they would not get married this year, focusing more in their career and I, really really worried for them. Well some couple used to say the same several months before they broke up so I wish wish wish this will not happen for the two.

Guest valley girl

running wild is a good movie for me i began like KSW and YJT because that movie they are so amazing there so sad when i know that movie is flop

Archived