Yoo Ji Tae 유지태

Guest valley girl

Guest AllforCJW

Anyone knows is he a calm, less talking kind of guy or cheerful, like to crack some jokes type of person ? From what I've seen at his non filming pics or BTS, looks like he's a warmth, all smiley & like to joke kind of guy, very much different from his character in SL.

Prita, I wondered about the same thing too. I too agree with you, based on BTS of Star's Lover and Hello Schoolgirl, Ji Tae appears to be a warmth, down-to-earth, intelligent, and driven person. He also protected Song Hye Kyo from a maniac fan, which makes him even hotter. I initially didn't find him to be good-looking but now I see him very attractive and charming guy. I think he has more charisma than some other so called attractive guys like Bae Yong Joon, Jang Dong Gun, etc.. I never find them attractive anyway. So sad though..that this page is so quiet. Don't worry by the end of Star's Lover drama, Ji Tae will gain lots of Ji Woo fans. I hope he's been taking care of our Ji Woo too like he did with Song Hye Kyo.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mapikan

Prita, I wondered about the same thing too. I too agree with you, based on BTS of Star's Lover and Hello Schoolgirl, Ji Tae appears to be a warmth, down-to-earth, intelligent, and driven person. He also protected Song Hye Kyo from a maniac fan, which makes him even hotter. I initially didn't find him to be good-looking but now I see him very attractive and charming guy. I think he has more charisma than some other so called attractive guys like Bae Yong Joon, Jang Dong Gun, etc.. I never find them attractive anyway. So sad though..that this page is so quiet. Don't worry by the end of Star's Lover drama, Ji Tae will gain lots of Ji Woo fans. I hope he's been taking care of our Ji Woo too like he did with Song Hye Kyo.

Before Star Lover's I didn't recognize his name, but I sure will after this drama. I love his character. I love when he pauses when he talks, and how he and Mari inact. I think they should be nominated for best drama couple.

Oh my I love Jang Dong Gun. All About Eve has been my favorite drama up until this year. I don't know if that will change.

Can you tell me about the Song Hye Kyo episode? How did he take care of her? I know I watched that movie, but I wasn't crazy about it because both drama and movie were such sad endings and I hated the first love died the way he did.

Guest AllforCJW

Before Star Lover's I didn't recognize his name, but I sure will after this drama. I love his character. I love when he pauses when he talks, and how he and Mari inact. I think they should be nominated for best drama couple.

Oh my I love Jang Dong Gun. All About Eve has been my favorite drama up until this year. I don't know if that will change.

Can you tell me about the Song Hye Kyo episode? How did he take care of her? I know I watched that movie, but I wasn't crazy about it because both drama and movie were such sad endings and I hated the first love died the way he did.

Mapikan, here is what happened:

QUOTE(janice Chan @ Jun 23 2007, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It said that during Busan stage greeting, when the team was going to leave...suddenly a male fans jumped over the fence and wanted to hug/touch Hyekyo. It was so sudden that the bodyguards cannot do anything. It was YJT who fenced off the crazy fan and saved Hyekyo. YJT has hurt his hand.

YJT was seen guarding Hyekyo during all the stage meetings.

credit: wloi

Hearsay, since then, YJT became almost like SHK's bodyguard whenever they went in public.

Guest valley girl

hi Girls wow i left so much, kim hyo jin so lucky right??? i like the way Yoo ji tae life really

in my opinion perfect star like him, popular( even only in korea ), great skill, Smart, Talented, Humble, has his own lover hahah

YJT is hot...I KNOW lol....I've known him before but had no intention to watch any of his movies and funny thing is I always thought he's pretty meatier (if not fatty lol)...just looked at his Hwangjini's prescon pics...he was so chubby and BIG hahaha.....but now I eat my words....he's totally hotness and cool too...yeah valley, Kim Hyo-jin is one lucky girl...

Guest skkhskkh

YJT strikes me as an intelligent, sensitive sort of guy. So he can take on prosecutor, CEO, lawyer, teacher, university professor roles. His acting is excellent - natural, subtle and nuanced. In Star's Lover, he uses body language and voice tonality to great effect. Also, sometimes, by not saying anything, he actually "says/conveys" a lot.

I've watched him in the movie "One Fine Spring Day" years ago. He was paired with Lee Young Ae who is much older, experienced and more well established. But he certainly held his own in terms of acting level. In my opinion, he hardly had any chemistry with LYA. Now Star's Lover is a different story. He has wowed me with his acting in SL and his heart-stopping chemistry with Ji Woo makes me want to rewatch all their scenes with each other again and again. I'm a Ji Woo fan, so I've watched many of her dramas and movies, and whilst she does have chemistry with actors like Lee Byung Hun, Bae Yong Jun, Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Jung Jae, this CJW-YJT combination somehow beats them all (although some of you may not agree with me, sorry!). I also watch many Korean and Japanese dramas with other pairings and I cannot think of a pair which has chemistry that is as sizzling, powerful and intense as CJW and YJT.

Guest AllforCJW

YJT strikes me as an intelligent, sensitive sort of guy. So he can take on prosecutor, CEO, lawyer, teacher, university professor roles. His acting is excellent - natural, subtle and nuanced. In Star's Lover, he uses body language and voice tonality to great effect. Also, sometimes, by not saying anything, he actually "says/conveys" a lot.

I've watched him in the movie "One Fine Spring Day" years ago. He was paired with Lee Young Ae who is much older, experienced and more well established. But he certainly held his own in terms of acting level. In my opinion, he hardly had any chemistry with LYA. Now Star's Lover is a different story. He has wowed me with his acting in SL and his heart-stopping chemistry with Ji Woo makes me want to rewatch all their scenes with each other again and again. I'm a Ji Woo fan, so I've watched many of her dramas and movies, and whilst she does have chemistry with actors like Lee Byung Hun, Bae Yong Jun, Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Jung Jae, this CJW-YJT combination somehow beats them all (although some of you may not agree with me, sorry!). I also watch many Korean and Japanese dramas with other pairings and I cannot think of a pair which has chemistry that is as sizzling, powerful and intense as CJW and YJT.

I watched traces of love and although I liked his acting, I didn't feel the chemistry between him and the leading actress. The supposedly passionate kissing lacks chemistry and emotional connection. I am with you that CJW-YJT combination beats CJW's chemistry with her other leading guys. I think when you have a great on-screen partner, it makes the other person act better too. In SL case, both of them are great actors as such they are able to exhibit such powerful acting.

Guest skkhskkh

I watched traces of love and although I liked his acting, I didn't feel the chemistry between him and the leading actress. The supposedly passionate kissing lacks chemistry and emotional connection. I am with you that CJW-YJT combination beats CJW's chemistry with her other leading guys. I think when you have a great on-screen partner, it makes the other person act better too. In SL case, both of them are great actors as such they are able to exhibit such powerful acting.

Totally agree that the acting gets so much better when you are paired with someone who acts well.

Totally agree that the acting gets so much better when you are paired with someone who acts well.

Hello to everyone.

I'm currently watching SL, and I agree with all of you that Ji Tae is a very good actor, which complements the good acting of CJW in this series.

I even watch this series without the english subtitle, and was amazed on how the emotions were delivered by both YJT and CJW.

I love them both now.

Hello guys, I am a new comer to this thread but YJT's acting is not new to me.

Having read a few posts above me claiming YJT's superb acting, I too concur that he is.

He is a multi-facet actor. I can never forget his movie "Old Boy" in 2003. He acted as pyschopath with Choi Min Sik (another great actor).

Somehow he ain't so lucky in fame (looks? Good looks lies in the eyes of the beholder.......hehe). Maybe like what you ppl said, he's got to pair with another great actress to bring out his greatness.

I must say he is great in art film.

Thanks!

Guest AllforCJW

Hello guys, I am a new comer to this thread but YJT's acting is not new to me.

Having read a few posts above me claiming YJT's superb acting, I too concur that he is.

He is a multi-facet actor. I can never forget his movie "Old Boy" in 2003. He acted as pyschopath with Choi Min Sik (another great actor).

Somehow he ain't so lucky in fame (looks? Good looks lies in the eyes of the beholder.......hehe). Maybe like what you ppl said, he's got to pair with another great actress to bring out his greatness.

I must say he is great in art film.

Thanks!

Welcome ixora. glad to have u here. pls visit often. why did you say that he is not lucky in fame? isn't he considered an A list actor in Korea? how could ppl not recognize his incredible talent?

SL is just a week more... excluding this week.

I'm going to miss CS and MR's love for each other. He really did great in portraying as CS. XD

I really can't get enough of him.....I'm sad that SL will only last till next week :tears: But I think I'm gonna go find & downloading his movies after the SL fever is over lol

Guest valley girl

I really can't get enough of him.....I'm sad that SL will only last till next week :tears: But I think I'm gonna go find & downloading his movies after the SL fever is over lol

me Too Prita hahahaha, i don't like waiting. hhhahah.. this is what i feel after watching BOF now.. waiting is Crazy

Yeah valley girl.....I simply don't have a life since I watch him in SL lol.....btw what does BOF stand for? Thanks for the pics....keep 'em coming ^^

Guest valley girl

BOF ~ boys over Flower/ korean Meteor Garden, Yoo ji Tae he is so nice lately, starting drama and played with many rookies.

kp1_090130101100.jpg

kp1_090130101200.jpg

kp1_090130101000.jpg

kp1_090130100700.jpg

kp1_090130100900.jpg

kp1_090130100800.jpg

cred labelled

Guest valley girl

Yoo Ji Tae Is Satisfied With 7 Percent Viewership

1-(292).jpg

In the 2001 film “One Fine Spring Day”, Yoo Ji Tae captured the hearts of older women with his charming smile. In the movie, he fell in love with an older woman Lee Young Ae, which intrigued the fantasy thoughts of many female viewers. Coupled with his tall build and good-looking features, Yoo Ji Tae won an overwhelming support from many female viewers back then.

Now the trend is set again for another Yoo Ji Tae wave. In the current-ongoing SBS drama “Star’s Lover“, Yoo Ji Tae plays a literature graduate student, with a charming smile and captivating voice not much a difference from his role 8 years ago. However this time round, his acting experience over the years has brought his acting skills to a whole new level.

Over the past 8 years, he has undertaken several love films such as “Pure Comic Strip”, “Hwang Jini” and “Trace of Love” etc.

Yoo Ji Tae said: “‘Star’s Lover’ is indeed a quality drama that exhibits the many troubling factors of a love relationship. However, the plot distances itself from the youngsters nowadays, and hence the low TV ratings. But I won’t feel dejected because of this. If one’s emotion fluctuates according to the TV ratings, then he/she is not a good actor. Viewership cannot be a judgement of one’s acting.”

In regards to the viewership of “Star’s Lover” hovering around 7%, Yoo Ji Tae said: “Out of all my films, the highest grossed a total of 3.5million audience. But now 7% equals to 7million viewers watching this drama. This is already a lot.”

Lol, I didn’t know you can interchange film and drama viewership.

Source: Yonhap News

transalation hanfever

Archived