Yoo Ji Tae 유지태

Guest valley girl

Guest rainidy

Really glad to see his acting in Stars Lover. His acting is so natural and captivating. Also love him in the movie Ditto with Kim Ha Nuel.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest valley girl

'Celebrity's Sweetheart' Knocks on Viewer's Hearts

Actors Yoo Ji-tae, left, and Choi Ji-woo to star in “Celebrity’s Sweetheart,” which will air 9:55 p.m. Dec. 10 on SBS.

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

Princess Ji-woo is back. Choi Ji-woo, referred to as ``Princess Ji-woo’’ by her Japanese fans and a famous hallyu star with her tall, model-like figure and innocent looks, is returning to the small screen with SBS drama ``Celebrity’s Sweetheart.’'

Choi, who has been acting for 14 years, will play, not surprisingly, beautiful actress Lee Marie, who falls for a poor yet smart ghostwriter, played by fellow actor Yoo Ji-tae.

The press conference, which was held last week, was full of not only reporters, but also overseas fans hands with flowers and presents for the 33-year-old actress and fellow actors.

``I was inspired by the movie `Notting Hill.’ My goal was to offer a full gift set of `melo’ (melodramas),’’ said Bu Sung-chul, the producer.

Indeed, the short clip of the drama showed the perfect tools for a perfect Korean melodrama: a beautiful, yet lonely top actress, a poor but talented writer-to-be, a rich chaebol heir and even a nosy tabloid reporter.

``It was actually a bit embarrassing to play an actress. The scenes where I had to walk the red carpet were actually quite awkward, because I had to act it. But the scenes where Marie becomes devastated by Internet rumors and wants to be someone special for only one person and not the public, was also easy to understand,’’ the star from ``Winter Sonata’’ (2002) and ``Stairway to Heaven’’ (2003) said.

Unlike veteran television star Choi, this is the first drama for Yoo, who became popular thanks to his performance in ``Oldboy’’ (2003).

``I found a new aspect of acting by shooting the drama. While acting in a movie feels like I become a part of the film, working on a drama is like growing side by side with the drama itself,’’ said Yoo.

While Yoo was busy lecturing in classrooms and writing novels in the drama, Choi showed her feminine side with several scenes of her practicing ballet. The actress admitted that she learned professionally for the past eight months.

``It was really me doing that scene!’’ she laughed.

When asked if she was worried of her typecast image as the damsel in distress, Choi smiled and said she didn’t think it was bad to have a certain image.

``I think I have presented quite different roles in the dramas that I have starred in. I believe it’s important for an actor to show different roles, but I don’t think it’s bad to have a trademark image,’’ she said.

The producer, however, thought Choi was perfect for the role and added that he was honored to be working with one of Asia’s top stars.

``My goal was simple. I wanted to bring Choi, who is one of the best melodramatic heroines in both TV dramas and movies, and make a sweet and heartbreaking piece. Choi is especially good in sad melodramas, so she was fit for the role,’’ he said.

``It’s warm and sweet, perfect for the winter season,’’ Choi added.

``Celebrity’s Sweetheart’’ will start airing at 9:55 Dec. 10 on SBS.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

cred http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../201_35425.html

Guest love.peace.happiness.

has he done his mandatory military service yet? because he's already 32 and there's no mention of him enlisting so i'm wondering maybe he completed his military service when he was younger. also, is he still with is gf?? thanks for your help

Guest valley girl

i think he enlist before he was debuted he was debuted in 1998 his age 23 already,

He like kang jihwan he enlisted in army before debuted

Guest love.peace.happiness.

thanks for the info Valley Girl..its good to know now he can just concentrate on acting..i'm really liking him in 'A Star's Lover' he is so good and so damn fine to look at too..haha

Guest valley girl

thanks for the info Valley Girl..its good to know now he can just concentrate on acting..i'm really liking him in 'A Star's Lover' he is so good and so damn fine to look at too..haha

he is one of gifted actor in korea love.peace.happiness.', i am glad he try Drama,

For someone who is gifted as well as good looking, and his recent drama draws more (female) fans, yet this thread has only, what, 10 pages....?

^

He hasn't been very active in dramas. Well, it's his first drama. He's more on the movie side. And his Hallyu fame isn't quite strong compared to CJW.

I hope after SL he'll be casted in another drama. He'll have more experience than a movie.

Guest mapikan

I honestly didn't know who he was, but now I think he is totally awesome and will watch for more of his movies/dramas.

I am watching Star Lover's and totally enthralled with this series. I wish we had subs, but fortunately many people are giving summaries and vikkii has it downloaded.

If you aren't watching this drama, I would highly recommend it, especially if you are a Yoo Ji Tae fan. He is totally wonderful in this drama!

Guest ilovesnoopy

omg yoo ji tae is so hot

esp in that award show!

he looked so handsome in that suit of his * sighs dreamily *

his acting and character in Star's Lover has made him the new love of my life now hahaha

gotta go beef up on his movies !

Anyone knows is he a calm, less talking kind of guy or cheerful, like to crack some jokes type of person ? From what I've seen at his non filming pics or BTS, looks like he's a warmth, all smiley & like to joke kind of guy, very much different from his character in SL.

Archived