Yoo Ji Tae 유지태

Guest valley girl

Guest jicks

I'm agree with you Jicks. It's a little bite sad but with some hope at the end.
Yep I think so, too. It kinda makes you learn to let go of the past & accept what fate has brought to you. You can have more than one soul mate!

Thanks Elite for the link & the pic! He's looking swell ^_^

PS- Love your avie & siggie :)

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Elite

Thanks jicks and glad you frequent this thread :)

Yoo Ji-tae experiments with the stage

Yoo Ji-tae, a rising star in Korea's film and entertainment industry, returns to the stage with the experimental theatrical piece, "Welcome to Ghost House", next month. The drama, Yoo's second theatrical creation, is scheduled to hit the stage at Cecile Theater from April 10 to May 27.

The 31-year-old actor and film producer wannabe said that he had chosen to create another theatrical piece to remain closer to audiences.

"I can call myself a theater novice although I have already made myself known through 16 films so far. Theatrical drama, for me, is a chance to show my world and my conceptualized thoughts (directly) to audiences", said Yoo at a news conference held in Jeongdong, central Seoul, yesterday.

Yoo told reporters that the drama can be seen as an experimental piece, although he and his crew try to deliver an everlasting theme: the undetectable bond between a mother and a daughter.

"I like to take on a movie or a drama piece that has an extreme story. So we developed that sense of extremity in each scene. But it was to stress the message (love) we want to share with audiences", he said.

The drama begins with youngsters exploring a desert house to produce a TV program called 'Welcome to Ghost House'.

They meet a mysterious figure, In-woo, at the house, and through him they learn about the tragic story of a protective mother and her daughter, who sufferes from leprosy.

Yoo plays In-woo, who has a special ability to communicate with ghosts or wandering spirits.

Asked about why he produces short films or drama pieces that have nothing to do with making money, Yoo said it is because he wants to learn things through creating something on his own.

"I think it is a sort of an investment for me and for my career. I think it is a valuable attempt to make non-commercial independence film or stage drama, as a person who is involved in the commercial movie industry.

Yoo became a star actor after taking a lead role in "Old Boy" (2003), a smash-hit Korean film by the ingenious director Park Chan-wook, which received the grand prize at the Cannes Film Festival in 2004.

Yoo is scheduled to meet his fans on screen with new movie "HwangJin-y" in June. The movie, co-starring Yoo and actress Song Hye-kyo is an adaptation from the famous novel "Hwang Jin-i" written by North Korean writer Hong Seok-joong.

By Cho Chung-un

Source : www.koreaherald.co.kr... ( English Korean )

02.jpg

2007031511504110294_115144_0.jpg

2007031511330083782_113007_0.jpg

20070316114220559c4_114340_0.jpg

He's one tall fella and is one of a substance and humble actor out there. Just too bad that he preferred to film only movies and not dramas.

YJT and KHN first movie and their debut as actor(s) "Bye June"

khn-1.jpg

Guest jicks

^June 6 is circled on my calender :)

I'll have to get a copy of Bye June, haven't ever seen it at my rental store, but I'll be digging!!

Welcome to Ghost House sounds veeery interesting, pity I'm thousands of miles away from the theatre it'll be showing in :( Hope it goes well for him though. I admire his choice in playing so many different roles, it just goes to prove his diversity in acting.

Guest Janie Simply

I love YJT acting! Fans are excited about the pairing of YJT and SHK in HwangJini. Just can't wait to see their chemistry on screen!

Hope to see more pictures of them when they do promo for the movie! Meanwhile wishing him all the success in his stage performance! He sure is a man with talents and great determination!

OSgzNDc5KQ_sKS8FUtHaNCW.jpg

"Nomyi & Hwang Jinee"

credit to wloi

kity_hjiban1.jpg

hwangjinibanner03.jpg

credits hyesa/Sayuri

Guest Janie Simply

By looking at the pics below, one can tell that Hwangjini movie is going to be so hot!

Here are a couple of YJT's pics from HJN.

18.jpg

1337371564.jpg

16.jpg

credits to xuite blog

Guest Janie Simply

I agree, Hwang Jin I The Movie looks promising here & YJT looks like he is the best protector in the world ^__^

I can't wait to see how he & SHK play off each other <3

Yoo Ji Tae and Song Hye Kyo did photo shooting for HJN poster on March 28, that means more pics to look forward to. I don't know who will update this site but if any of us happen to bum into any pics of them, do post them here to keep the page alive :blush:

Here's a tibit taken from Hyeberagi. com regarding the movie.

Hye-kyo's second movie, Hwang Jin Yi, is expected to be released in Korea on June 6. This film has cost close to 10 billion won (US$10.6 million) including PR expenses. Cine2000 has already signed contracts to sell this film to some foreign countries according to news reports.

Once this film is premiered, it is expected to be shipped to more and more countries as Hye-kyo has so many fans in a large part of Asia and other regions. In particular, film experts reckon that Hwang Jin Yi could be rated as one of the best movies ever produced in Korea.

Posted by putriN at SHK soompi thread (credit Hyebaragi.com):

The making of Hwang Jin Yi continues----. Ms. Song Hye-kyo shot some "luxurious" posters of Hwang Jin Yi on Wednesday (Korean time). The filming, however, was under way behind the doors, said an entertainment news report. Also involved in the poster shooting was Yu Ji-tae who plays "Nomi" who loves Jin Yi. So far, the Hwang Jin Yi posters have featured Hye-kyo who plays the title role in the film. Korea's famous photographer Cho Sun-hee participated in the day-long filming.

Hwang Jin Yi is expected to be premiered in Korea in early June ehmmm.... looks like top secret photographing huh

• "HwangJini" poster shoot takes 15 hours to complete

Song Hye Gyo, along with Yoo Ji Tae just completed the poster shoot for "HwangJini" which will open in theaters on June 6th. The photo shoot started on Wednesday, the 28th at 12 noon and finished on Thursday, the 29th at 3 AM. The shoot took place in an undisclosed location in Seoul and involved a staff consisting of 50 people which included Jung Gu Hoe as the stylist and Cho Sun Hee as the photographer.

source: shanda

JJT looks handsome :)

Guest Janie Simply

Utkim, thanks for the info.

Gitakawaii, the clip is lovely! I agree YJT got the total package, the title of this thread describe him as "thespian and hottie"! I think thespian means sth like legendary, second-to-none, outstanding actor!

HWJ movie scene captures

200704010630110941mq5.jpg credits:

Angel2nyt

6.jpg

credits: Xuite

"And YJT! Wow, he is oozing with appeal. I thought he looked like SIK in Jumong (whom I also love, second to our SHK) in some of the pics" quote by "S-G" from SHK soompi

make it........ WOOOWWWWEEEEEEEEE on YJT ^_^

i'm so glad that he's being paired with SHG..... if not, i'll have no chance to know such a great talent actor exists :D

such an on-screen chemistry they have....... can't wait for Hwang Jin Yi to hit theatres :)

awwwww...... YJT voice is so manly :sweatingbullets:

Guest Janie Simply

However, both Lee and Jang were fairly silent on the topic of Hwang Jinee’s North Korean screening. According to Lee, “Although there is nothing concretely planned, there is interest from North Korea and I’m sure there’ll be good news about it...credit : hyesa2 for hyesa.com

Possibility of HJN movie screens in North Korea

The team of HJN is in the process of negotiating with North Korea regarding screening HJN in the country. If it is approved, the team would like to have an opening ceremony of HJN screening in NK before South Korea. There are many reasons for this exciting venture. One reason being that the author, Mr. Hong Suk Joong, is from NK; another is that HJN has the special privilege of filming in NK; also they received tremendous support and cooperation from the NK filming crew while at Mt. Gumgang. Thus, it would be a great honor to have this event be held in NK. Should the country rejects the application, the team would try to negotiate if they can at least have the opening ceremony be held at Kaesung where Mt. Gumgang is.

Sohu April 9. 2007

Archived